PDA

View Full Version : Golfing Singapore, KL and Bali

morgy
2nd January 2011, 07:03 PM
Just about to leave for Asia, spending a few weeks away with the Mrs/Friends and I'm keen to dust off my Pencil bag and play a bit of golf.

Looking for booking tips, approximate prices, and recommended courses in Singapore, KL and Bali. All well informed advice is appreciated.

Cheers.

rodders
2nd January 2011, 08:18 PM
Morgy, in singapore play Sentosa Island serapong course - awesome.

Cost a heap (and I mean a lot) but what a day. Great service and club house.

Some photos

Notice the biggest bunker ever you drive through!

Do Not play Marina Bay - rubbish and expensive. Have photos but cannot be stuffed uploading.

morgy
2nd January 2011, 09:20 PM
looks good mate! I had Sentosa and Marina on the short list but I may live the later of the two a miss at your recommendation.

Did you play social or comp? Is it possible to enter the comps at these clubs?

Minor_Threat
2nd January 2011, 09:23 PM
There is a few threads already on golf in Bali, a good one is here --> http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/18717-Golf-in-Bali

I can recommend Bali Nirwana at Tanah Lot and Bali Country Club at Nusa Dua.

morgy
2nd January 2011, 09:45 PM
thanks mate, Bali is an interesting case. A lot more expensive than I was expecting...

Also, just found out it's costing me $120 to get my clubs over.... brilliant.

rodders
2nd January 2011, 09:46 PM
looks good mate! I had Sentosa and Marina on the short list but I may live the later of the two a miss at your recommendation.

Did you play social or comp? Is it possible to enter the comps at these clubs?

Morgy I contacted both clubs well before I left. You have to have a handicap under 18 I think to play Sentosa but not sure Marina Bay cared. You will need a letter from your club with your handicap to give them. At Sentosa they even had a bloke follow you to the first tee to make sure you're not some hack and really can play - talk about pressure!

Both were social rounds. Honestly, although cost about $390 US or something like that it was well worth it. Enjoy a meal and a beer after and it is bliss!

McMw
6th January 2011, 08:08 PM
try and get onto Laguna National (36 holers) - they play the an Asian Tour Event there...
Tanah Merah hosts the HSBC Ladies Event...