PDA

View Full Version : Regripping - midsize, best way?

BroKar
1st January 2011, 11:33 PM
This is a half stupid question but I have decided to regrip my clubs and would like to know the best way to built them up to mid size, is there certain tape that is used or is it generally just masking tape? if so what thickness is used etc?

Just curious as to what is correct, any help appreciated.

Johnny Canuck
1st January 2011, 11:46 PM
Buy midsize grips.

MegaWatty
1st January 2011, 11:46 PM
I just use strips of everyday wide masking tape from the paint section at Bunnings.

Traditionally you need four wraps to get to midsize.

MegaWatty
1st January 2011, 11:47 PM
Actually, I used to use tape. Now I use midsize grips. :)

Johnny Canuck
2nd January 2011, 12:04 AM
Smart man. Send me that link.

BroKar
2nd January 2011, 12:59 AM
I have standard size multi compounds that I want to use, that's why I am asking, so 4 singular strips of regular masking tape makes it midsize?? That wouldn't be enough would it?

MegaWatty
2nd January 2011, 01:04 AM
I'm 99% sure that's the formula.

BroKar
2nd January 2011, 10:55 AM
Will give it a crack today then

virge666
2nd January 2011, 11:41 AM
Or you can use 2 wraps of cloth tape which I like as the rubber grip will never move after it has been blown on. Also cheaper in the long run... but that shouldn't be an issues.

Sasquatch
2nd January 2011, 11:50 AM
Depends on the size of your grip & butt. This might help. http://www.golfworks.com/images/art/GripSizing2.pdf

BroKar
2nd January 2011, 11:57 AM
Hi Virge, you say cloth tape, is that actually what I look for at bunnings? any particular thickness? I was king of hoping you would answer, reading the old threads on regripping was what made me decide to do it with air and not solvents. Not really concerned about the cost all that much just want to start tinkering myself instead of paying someone to change things for me and not do it properly.

BroKar
2nd January 2011, 12:01 PM
Depends on the size of your grip & butt. This might help. http://www.golfworks.com/images/art/GripSizing2.pdf

Yeah looked at that, I have KBS Tours which are .600 so yeah.

Jontea
2nd January 2011, 03:05 PM
6 standard tapes will give you the next size up to midsize grips. Cloth tape equates to 2.5 standard masking tapes, so 2 x cloth and 1 x masking will also give you the correct thickness.

virge666
2nd January 2011, 07:13 PM
6 standard tapes will give you the next size up to midsize grips. Cloth tape equates to 2.5 standard masking tapes, so 2 x cloth and 1 x masking will also give you the correct thickness.

Absolutley perfect.

:)

BroKar
2nd January 2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys I ended up going 3 x cloth and they feel great!!