PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Monday 3/1/11 - Camden Lakeside, 11.47am (one spot vacant)

jimandr
1st January 2011, 05:18 PM
Grunt and I have decided to back up for another game at Camden Lakeside on Monday. When I looked on Friday there were lots of spaces on the sheet after about 10.45am.

The weather forecast is for a max of 25 with a possible shower. That sounds much better than the heat we struggled through on Friday.

I realise it isn't much notice, but I'm prepared to wait until about 2.00pm tomorrow (Sunday) before making the booking. So, if two other players are free on Monday, get in quick.

1. Jimandr
2. Grunt

ParMaster
1st January 2011, 08:52 PM
How much?

Pen me in buddy.

Grunt
1st January 2011, 09:17 PM
$35 for adults

ParMaster
2nd January 2011, 06:30 AM
Damn good price.

jimandr
2nd January 2011, 03:31 PM
I've made the booking - and changed the title of the thread to reflect the time.

At this point there is still a free spot. If somebody wants it, they should ring the Camden Lakeside pro shop and put their name down.

See you there.

Grunt
2nd January 2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks Jim

I will be down there around 11, will hit the range before play.

Grunt
3rd January 2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks to Pup & Jim for the game today. The rain washed my game away as it hit us on the 12th tee.

Pup is not going to stay as 6 too long if he keeps playing like he did before the rain.

Scores

Pup 42
Jimandr 33 ? I think
Grunt 30

Scottt
3rd January 2011, 09:19 PM
So looking at Pup's golflink and seeing his last three scores, it seems his swing changes are starting to gel!

Minor_Threat
3rd January 2011, 09:25 PM
So looking at Pup's golflink and seeing his last three scores, it seems his swing changes are starting to gel!It looks like if the GA had their way his handicap could be withdrawn with all of those NCRs. Provided of course he had a legitimate reason, however I doubt they would get the "not approved' stamp.

jimandr
3rd January 2011, 09:28 PM
Grunt hasn't provided nearly as much detail of the highlights of this game as should be recorded, so I'll fill in a few gaps.

Firstly, thanks to Grunt and ParMaster for the game.

We saw the best and close to the worst of the Pupster today. He was two under after 10, without really hitting the ball as well as he can. But he played some good recovery shots, and holed some excellent putts tp that point.

I pause there, because up to that point we had perfect golf weather. Overcast, about 20 degrees, no wind. Then a strong breeze sprung up on the 11th, which was into the wind. By the 11th green it was raining sideways, and the occasional thunder and lightning was causing us to shake our heads.

There are hardly any trees at Lakeside, but by the time we got to the 12th tee it was necessary to seek shelter under a big gumtree and behind it to wait out a major thunderstorm. Under an isolated tree isn't the best place to be in a thunderstorm, but we figured the lightning bolts would be attracted to the power poles and other electrical devices rather than to us. It was the sort of weather that would have caused us to abandon the round, but Pup was 6 up, and he clearly wanted to continue.

So, when the lightning went away, and it was just a rainstorm, we kept going.

He recorded an amazing birdie on 12 in the wind and rain, and then started one of the worst chokes I've seen from a good player. Bogey, bogey, double after snap hooking his drive 50m left, then another bogey. Fortunately he then rediscovered the magic to finish par, birdie on two of the hardest holes.

The wind and rain completely destroyed Grunt's game, and he went from a good game at 2 up to only score 6 points for his last six holes.

Grunt
4th January 2011, 06:39 PM
Jim, did all the cards get handed in? For some reason my golflink has not been updated. I just had a quick look and Pup's was.

jimandr
4th January 2011, 09:50 PM
I put all cards in, and my golflink was updated, so thats all I can tell you.

Grunt
4th January 2011, 09:54 PM
No worries Jim. Not that the result will have too much bearing in my handicap i do like all to be submitted.