PDA

View Full Version : WA: WAGC Saturday 1st January

bergsey
29th December 2010, 11:25 PM
Yokine saturday afternoon, 12:50 tee off so enough time to shake the hangover.

Stableford comp. AGU handicap required... Seabreeze comes in early there so should be alright in the arvo.

1. Idgolfguy (41pts)
2. Hocko (37pts)
3. Bergsey (31pts)
4. qbnchopper (30pts) (http://www.ozgolf.net/member.php/2262-qbnchopper)

Yossarian
29th December 2010, 11:27 PM
Very keen but my GL isn't showing anymore? So not sure I can play, going to rejoin Bunbury tomorrow so it may not be an issue.

bergsey
29th December 2010, 11:31 PM
Very keen but my GL isn't showing anymore? So not sure I can play, going to rejoin Bunbury tomorrow so it may not be an issue.

Cool.. well done.

If you are re-signing with Bunbury then shouldn't be a problem as long as you have a valid membership somewhere by Sat.... perhaps mention that you are playing on Saturday i'm sure it would be pretty quick to re-activate at the same club

Yossarian
29th December 2010, 11:35 PM
No worries, I'll let you know tomorrow then. :)

If legal... very funny.

bergsey
29th December 2010, 11:39 PM
I'll have to start calling you Reece

Yossarian
30th December 2010, 12:32 PM
Actually I'm oot, forgot I had drinks on that afternoon, can't get out of it. Sorry mate.

hocko
30th December 2010, 05:14 PM
Yokine saturday afternoon, 12:50 tee off so enough time to shake the hangover.

Stableford comp. AGU handicap required... Seabreeze comes in early there so should be alright in the arvo.

1. Bergsey
2. Idgolfguy (pencil)
3. hocko (pencil)

Pencilled in.

idgolfguy
31st December 2010, 10:42 AM
Hard pen.

hocko
31st December 2010, 11:05 AM
Texta

bergsey
31st December 2010, 11:40 AM
Texta

Cool, can you PM me your details and golflink number please

Anyone interested in the 4th spot?

qbnchopper
31st December 2010, 04:17 PM
Cool, can you PM me your details and golflink number please

Anyone interested in the 4th spot?

PMed you .....

bergsey
31st December 2010, 07:04 PM
done!

1. Bergsey (19)
2. Idgolfguy (16)
3. Hocko (8 )
4. qbnchopper (11)
(http://www.ozgolf.net/member.php/2262-qbnchopper)

idgolfguy
31st December 2010, 09:22 PM
Now 16 and hopefully to slowly knock it back.

hocko
31st December 2010, 10:35 PM
36 tomorrow but early sea breeze expected.....should be a great day of golf on a great golf course. (sold another crane today)

bergsey
1st January 2011, 12:04 AM
36 tomorrow but early sea breeze expected.....should be a great day of golf on a great golf course. (sold another crane today)

so drinks on you then eh? :)

yeah shouldn't be a problem there, get a good breeze and plenty of water and shade...

qbnchopper
1st January 2011, 09:51 PM
Gents,

Thanks for a great day - Bergsey thanks very much for the hosting at a course in very good nick - should be a treat next Sunday !!!

Idgolfguy - took the cookies with a 41 - mind you he had a very sore back from carrying me around !!!

Hocko - despite having a really scary real name (qbnchoppers first wife brother's name FFS !), a pleasure watching and scoring your 37 points

Bergsey - I'm pretty sure that you beat me by miles - lovely to watch that soft draw off the tee, and thanks for the pointers about how the course lies (though I couldn't hit it where the lines were !!)

Qbnchopper - brought up the rear of teh field with a 30 points - chopped it all the way around and fought valiantly but - vanquished !!!

Thanks again gents - really nice to meet some more of the ozgolf wa crew !!! Thanks !

hocko
1st January 2011, 10:39 PM
Gents,

Thanks for a great day - Bergsey thanks very much for the hosting at a course in very good nick - should be a treat next Sunday !!!

Idgolfguy - took the cookies with a 41 - mind you he had a very sore back from carrying me around !!!

Hocko - despite having a really scary real name (qbnchoppers first wife brother's name FFS !), a pleasure watching and scoring your 37 points

Bergsey - I'm pretty sure that you beat me by miles - lovely to watch that soft draw off the tee, and thanks for the pointers about how the course lies (though I couldn't hit it where the lines were !!)

Qbnchopper - brought up the rear of teh field with a 30 points - chopped it all the way around and fought valiantly but - vanquished !!!

Thanks again gents - really nice to meet some more of the ozgolf wa crew !!! Thanks !

+1

Course is in really good nick and love the layout, 17 was a very challenging par 4 of 420 odd metres and into a nice head wind.
Bergsy, thanks so much for the invite and a bit of course knowledge, unfortunately it wasn't your best day.
qbnchopper, great to get another WAnker involved in our scene and look forward to more rounds together as you are very local, again, not your best day either.
ID, your are a friggin burgular.......that's all i have to say!

Where was the sea breeze?
Beer was good at the end and didn't have to get in the pool with others to cool off!

Once again gents, than you for a great day.

idgolfguy
1st January 2011, 10:47 PM
Saw my golflink with the 41 pts, I went down a whole 0.1. The odd thing is that regardless of the outcome of my next round, I will be off about 18. I haven't done the exact calculations.

I'll have to continue to endure the calls of 'burglar.'

I prefer 'hoodlum' as it's more gangsta!

MegaWatty
1st January 2011, 10:55 PM
Shootin' ID.

Is the QBN bit short for Queanbeyan?

hocko
1st January 2011, 11:02 PM
That would be my assuption.

bergsey
2nd January 2011, 12:06 AM
No probs guys,

Looks like seabreeze isn't coming in at all !

I have never seen the greens that slow there and really stuffed up my distance control as you could tell :)

Given the hot weather forecast i'm sure they are giving them a bit of a break, should be nice and quick and true again for the summer cup. Spewin that i will be away

bergsey
2nd January 2011, 12:08 AM
Results updated in first post for POTY

1. Idgolfguy (41pts)
2. Hocko (37pts)
3. Bergsey (31pts)
4. qbnchopper (30pts) (http://www.ozgolf.net/member.php/2262-qbnchopper)

bergsey
2nd January 2011, 12:15 AM
Just had a look at overall results -

Winner had 43 points playing off 10 hcp

Idgolfguy finished 5th and won $21 worth of balls

Hocko finished 16th and won $9 worth of balls

I'll pick them up next time i'm down there...

MegaWatty
2nd January 2011, 12:24 AM
How'd the 9064 perform?

hocko
2nd January 2011, 12:50 AM
Not bad at all Mega, sprayed a couple but that was just my set up.
Doesn't seem to be any longer than any thing else i have hit before.
Miura's are the bestest irons!!!!