PDA

View Full Version : SST Puring - worth it or waste of money?

TheTrueReview
24th December 2010, 07:08 PM
I've found usually the people raving on about SST Puring to me just happen to sell Henry Griffits clubs also. It happened to me again this week.

Aside from buying HG clubs, I'm aware that other brand clubs can be retrofitted to be SST Pured (http://www.sstpure.com/locator/aus.html).

I was just wondering who has had their clubs SST Pured / thought about it / dismissed it out of hand?

Thoughts? Experiences?

Ferrins
24th December 2010, 07:11 PM
My fishing rods are pured and they would be crap if they weren't.

chappy1970
24th December 2010, 07:14 PM
I've fitted a couple of SST Pured shafts for a friend, I never got to hit them. I'd go as far as SPINEing and FLOing a shaft as have those tools at my disposal. I can't elaborate on the benefits of SST Puring vs FLOing, but being a mere mortal and crap golfer doubt I could tell the difference.

Ferrins
24th December 2010, 07:19 PM
The shafts have a spine and under load will work best if aligned properly. How would you go if your spine was moved to the front of your body?

It should be standard across the board, for better quality clubs.

David Williams
24th December 2010, 10:49 PM
Piranha Golf has the other SST Pure facility in Australia along with HG.

I had my driver done when they first had it installed and it made a small difference in ball flight.

Having a whole set done will help all clubs perform similar to each other. I believe it does help. Knowing you have a set of clubs built to perform the best they can is reassuring.

Anyone feel like when they pull a certain club out of a supposed matched set it always performs or feels different to the rest of the set?

dave1
24th December 2010, 11:09 PM
I just bought a set of irons off the bay of plenty (cobra mb's that were pured ns pro stiffs 950G

...to be honest I didnt know anyhing about puring and just wanted the irons......I didnr even google it...had hit a 6 iron in the MB and was blown away

I was using MP 52's with ns pros (reg 950G), these are fitted with ns pro (950 stiff) but have been pured...

Im hitting the MB's allot further....they are a much smaller head and muscle back also

I have been a fan of ns pros for a long time.....not sure of the puring gives more distance but Im very happy with these shafts