PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton Island GC images

cytaylor1
24th December 2010, 03:25 PM
Hi,

Here's a few images of the Hamilton Island golf course at Dent Island.

It has to be one of the most scenic courses in Australia with views of the surrounding islands on most holes.

The course is very well looked after - the tee-off boxes, fairways and greens look really good.

Would def recommend it - worth the money! 8)

cytaylor1
24th December 2010, 03:35 PM

TheTrueReview
24th December 2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks for posting mate. Shame we don't have a few more of those type of courses. Reminds me of footage of the Hawaiian courses visited at the start of each PGA season.

MatthewM
26th December 2010, 08:49 AM
TTR, the Plantation course at Kapalua (by Coore & Crenshaw) may look similar, but it sounds so much better than the course at Hamilton Island. I'm booked for a brief Hamilton Island trip early next year - quite keen to see the course for myself.

MM

kingslayer33
26th December 2010, 09:12 AM
Matt, does Coore ever build a rubbish course?

Courty
26th December 2010, 12:55 PM
Nice, thanks for the pics!

MegaWatty
26th December 2010, 01:18 PM
Is someone in front of the blocks on the 17th tee? :)

Looks awesome!

dan
26th December 2010, 06:57 PM
Would def recommend it - worth the money! 8)
How much is it?

Daves
26th December 2010, 07:04 PM
How much is it?

$150 inclusive of cart and transfers from HI.

http://www.hamiltonislandgolfclub.com.au/play/pages/green-fees.aspx

Sydney Hacker
26th December 2010, 07:09 PM

You call a penalty on yourself for hitting in front of the markers ? :)

MAZA68
26th December 2010, 07:47 PM
Awesome outlooks, looks a great challenge. Played Gulf Harbour (NZ) and this course has similar outlooks.

matty
26th December 2010, 09:42 PM
Is someone in front of the blocks on the 17th tee? :)

Looks awesome!

Don't reckon the ball was in play. That's a full model pose for the camera. :lol:

Awesome looking course. Imagine when it's windy.

Goldy
26th December 2010, 10:28 PM
Played there in October last year - guy at the pro shop told me the record for lost balls in a round by one person was 34.

If they were ProV1s, that on top of the $150 makes for a $300+ round.

shavey
27th December 2010, 09:08 AM
Few more images (pre-opening) for each hole on here somewhere as well.

From a mate who recently played it, you need a little bit of wind for the course to play as it should.

Member of the Tapatalk cartel.

MatthewM
27th December 2010, 11:18 AM
Matt, does Coore ever build a rubbish course?

I'm not sure he ever has. I've only played one or two of his courses, but going on the opinions of those who have played heaps,
all the C&C courses are good. St. Andrews has played a few. He could give us a better idea.

MM

Scottt
27th December 2010, 12:37 PM
Matt,

St Andrews doesn't post here, but I believe Andrew haas played a fair few Coore courses.

Though I'm not sure he has ever gotten over the disappointment of discovering that despite overwhelming photographic evidence to the contrary, Friar's Head was designed and built in colour. :lol:

Andrew
27th December 2010, 01:14 PM
Matt,

St Andrews doesn't post here, but I believe Andrew haas played a fair few Coore courses.

Though I'm not sure he has ever gotten over the disappointment of discovering that despite overwhelming photographic evidence to the contrary, Friar's Head was designed and built in colour. :lol:

Yes, I thought it was going to be like Field of Dreams where I step over the line & suddenly find myself wearing tweed plus 4’s with a canvas bag of hickory shafted clubs being carried by the 12 year old boy who insisted on calling me sir.

I’ve played more Doak’s (6) than C&C’s (2). Unfortunately, I’ve also played more Fazio’s than C&C’s as well.

Andrew
27th December 2010, 01:17 PM
Actually, make that 3 C&C's. I forgot about Talking Stick.

FoxGolf
14th December 2011, 08:48 PM
I've been sitting on the deck of our holiday home today having a quiet ale while looking over the water to Hamilton Island G C. We've had white cockatoos on the railing that has excited the kids although the 3 year old got pretty close and I thought he might get his nose pecked.

We've been in Brisbane and Gold Coast for the past week and while I've seen a few courses while we've been driving around I haven't got near one yet. Driving around in a buggy here on the island is getting me excited though and I'll be getting to have a hit in the next few days. Can't wait.

FoxGolf
16th December 2011, 10:03 PM
Wow!!! How good is this golf course!

Miss a fairway you don't bother looking for your ball, and I found the greens very different to what I'm used to. I lost 8 balls during the round and had a couple of three jags but still thoroughly enjoyed it. I've never played a course with so much change in elevation from one hole to the next.

Highly recommend it to anyone who gets the chance.