PDA

View Full Version : Special: WA CHAMPS 2011 April 15th to 17th.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Pieface
15th April 2011, 10:38 AM
They just put those rubber corners on the coffee tables etc to stop him banging his head :p

MegaWatty
15th April 2011, 10:55 AM
Awesome!

idgolfguy
15th April 2011, 11:53 AM
Fit are you bringing the duck vest?
Who won the hunting vest I donated last year?

TourFit
15th April 2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah...what was that actually for though? An unofficial "on the spot" funny prize...

...and here we are this year with only about 1/2 of the guys actually bothering to donate any prizes proper for the comp!!!

Golfnut
15th April 2011, 10:08 PM
They just put those rubber corners on the coffee tables etc to stop him banging his head :p

That's so funny PF.....even Nuff had a childish giggle when JC read it out today :lol:

MegaWatty
16th April 2011, 07:20 PM
Update us on day one you homos!

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2011, 08:06 PM
Nuff leading at 38.
Vic 32.
JC and Fit 31.
Yoss 23.
Tiger 19.
Rubin 14.
Others less than 31 more than 23.

MegaWatty
16th April 2011, 08:12 PM
Rubin's new driver shaft worked well eh?

simmsy
16th April 2011, 08:13 PM
Yoss's x20's worked well i see :)

rubin
16th April 2011, 08:18 PM
Rubin's new driver shaft worked well eh?
GGF. New driver is bloody awesome. Its just the rest of the game!

MegaWatty
16th April 2011, 08:19 PM
Solly.

Wanna buy a putter then? ;)

Pieface
16th April 2011, 08:30 PM
Nuff-man! Go you good thing.

Fit could be a smokey if Nuffie hits the TEDs tonight. Who's got the bottom bunk?

23 points with new bats. Fair effort Yoss I'll look for the pro shop thread on Monday morning :p

petethepilot
16th April 2011, 09:17 PM
Well played today Nuff. Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

Pete

idgolfguy
17th April 2011, 01:04 AM
We are currently playing minigolf in the dark and Adlo birdies the first two with Tiger and I halving the first two respectively. Nuffie is having a bad putting round taking a 10 on the fourth. He also put one out of bounds.

Pieface
17th April 2011, 08:47 AM
That's it Nuffie get the bad ones out of your system early!

simmsy
17th April 2011, 03:13 PM
Is Nuffie the champion?

or did he go all Rory on us

Johnny Canuck
17th April 2011, 03:30 PM
Nuffie killed it. Fit second. ID third.

Highlight of the day was Fit thinking he was taking the driveway, missing and getting the Tour Van stuck in a ditch. He had to get towed out. Bumper partially ripped off, but popped back into place.

MegaWatty
17th April 2011, 03:33 PM
Congrats Nuffie. Looking forward to the speech.

Excellent driving Fit. Was any equipment harmed in the ditch debacle, or just pride? I'm guessing the reaction was similar to the Runaway Buggy.

simmsy
17th April 2011, 03:36 PM
Well done Nuffie good golfing mate especially considering where you were just a month or so ago with swing and clubs.

Tourfit - great stuff mate!! Great performance. Hope the tourvan recovers.

Yossarian
17th April 2011, 05:58 PM
La Gooch has suffered badly on this trip.

MegaWatty
17th April 2011, 06:12 PM
Sweaty hats?

Veefore
17th April 2011, 07:30 PM
Well done Nuffster.

Johnny Canuck
17th April 2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend.

Cheers to Fit for the organisation and to Yoss for the booking for courses/accomodation.

Cosmopolite
17th April 2011, 07:57 PM
yes, great day for me and thanks to all the organisers and the guys I played with. It was good to meet the guys I hadnt met before as well.

Shadesy
17th April 2011, 08:32 PM
Naga?

hocko
17th April 2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend.

Cheers to Fit for the organisation and to Yoss for the booking for courses/accomodation.
+1
Another memorable Ozgolf event, had to have a few beers after the round to ease the pain.

rubin
17th April 2011, 09:24 PM
Naga?

Thank you very much... not really a surprise though is it.

but I consolidated myself with Longest Drive and a 5 pointer.

rubin
17th April 2011, 09:27 PM
thanks boys, (and Girl). great weekend.

Thanks to Yoss and TF for organising it all.

Nuffie
17th April 2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks to Yoss and TourFit for making this year's WA ozgolf champs a great success.

It feels great to be the new champ and is only just sinking in. To all of those that didn't play as well as they hoped, it was great to have you all around. The highlights had to be:

1. TourFit running aground in the Tour Ute
2. 'Hormone' (only those that attended the mini golf session would understand the meaning behind that story)
3. The exploding provisional that I let drive with on the 4th at Binningup (fooled everyone to think it was planted in my bag unexpectedly). T. Hamilton's reaction and laugh made it all worth it. To think I fooled him into thinking I was sucked in by an exploding golfball :) priceless. What
a laugh.
4. It's snake season, watch out!

adlo
17th April 2011, 10:37 PM
Thanks all. Well done Nuffie. Thanks to Yoss and 'fit.

Cheers to playing partners. Really enjoyed the weekend, sorry I had to make a quick exit today.

I was quite touched by Tourfits donation of 1 x SS Ute Front Bumper to the Robert Trench Jones Jr. Foundation at Fairbridge Farm. It will long be remembered.

MegaWatty
17th April 2011, 10:39 PM
:)

Johnny Canuck
17th April 2011, 10:50 PM
Pics to come!

MegaWatty
17th April 2011, 10:51 PM
Got it.

Johnny Canuck
17th April 2011, 10:54 PM

Trench Jones wins 8&7

rubin
17th April 2011, 10:58 PM
a view from another angle...

MegaWatty
17th April 2011, 11:07 PM
There's the tyre he told me he lined up to go over the pipe. Just that he lined up the wrong one! :)

Johnny Canuck
17th April 2011, 11:09 PM

rubin
17th April 2011, 11:12 PM
The TourVan was pretty well wedged in. The bloke had to give it a fairbit just to get it moving.

Johnny Canuck
17th April 2011, 11:16 PM

Johnny Canuck
17th April 2011, 11:18 PM

Yoss in his salmon shirt.

rubin
17th April 2011, 11:20 PM

Johnny Canuck
17th April 2011, 11:22 PM

Who does there hair on a weekend away with the boys when playing poker?

Johnny Canuck
17th April 2011, 11:23 PM

Get it? Get it?

Come on!!!! It's good!

No one? Come on.

MegaWatty
17th April 2011, 11:24 PM
Ghey!

Golfnut
18th April 2011, 01:52 AM

Who does there hair on a weekend away with the boys when playing poker?

May as well while he's got it I say.

Golfnut
18th April 2011, 01:59 AM
Geez, when 'Fit ****s up it's always on an epic scale......hope the tourvan didn't come out of that with too many scars 'Fit.

Well done to the Nuffster.....little blokes done well this weekend by the look of it.

And, although I only made the Friday & Saturday, I still had a blast......good to actually catch up with a lot of the keyboard warriors round here once and a while.

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2011, 07:50 AM
Anyone not pay their skins money? ;)

Nuffie
18th April 2011, 08:26 AM
The snake on the sign compared to the person makes it look like a T-Rex! Just imagine if an Asian was stayin there who has never seen a real snake before :) they be to scared to go outside.

Another story to throw in: Tiger making an ace with the crazy putting ball on the first hole of the putt putt course.
Surely deserves a mention... Was a bit better than my form at serpentine and the putt putt course, coming into the final day.

Yossarian
18th April 2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks to all who attended. Sorry Daz!! Had a good weekend, hurting now though I think I have picked something up, slept 14 hrs straight last night and still feel tres average.
Well played nuffster, was good shooting especially KB in that WA wind, ACR, Magenta shores.
Thanks JC for driving and winning all of the money in the skins game. I hate you.
Thanks to fit for building my clubs and driving his car into the ditch, **** that was funny!

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/853/doglv.jpg (http://img818.imageshack.us/i/doglv.jpg/)

Pieface
18th April 2011, 08:55 AM
Awesome stuff Nuffie. You are the little engine who could! Can someone post up the final scores?

Nice golf TF, a shame you took you driving lessons from Eldrick as well as your golf lessons. I hope the last words you said before the impact were the classic "Watch this".

What was Rubin's "consolidation" prize for NAGA? A dictionary?

Sounds like a great weekend again guys. Well done to Yoss for organising.

My only consolation is the birthday party that prevented me from attending yesterday turned out to include a round at the Vines where I took everyones cash :D

Yossarian
18th April 2011, 08:59 AM
TF has the scores nuffie won with a 36 and 35? I know I had a 23 and a 38.

simmsy
18th April 2011, 09:02 AM
Good shootin on day 2 Rex.

Pieface
18th April 2011, 09:06 AM
Home track advantage on the Sunday Yoss? Way to bounce back!

idgolfguy
18th April 2011, 09:08 AM
Nuffie was 38 and 35.
I was 32 and 30.

Yossarian
18th April 2011, 09:12 AM
Ah 38 for nuffster.
PF we played KB on saturday and I played like shit.

Pieface
18th April 2011, 09:26 AM
Ah...Mandurah was the site of the revival. Maybe I should read the OP properly.

Yossarian
18th April 2011, 09:30 AM
Yeah the OP is full of accurate information....

idgolfguy
18th April 2011, 09:35 AM
Yeah the OP is full of accurate information....
Future lawyer speak for - 'don't forget to read the fine print (posts) for the detail and actual ramification.'

Yossarian
18th April 2011, 09:40 AM
:) Sorry again Daz.

MegaWatty
18th April 2011, 09:43 AM
:) Sorry again Daz.

Tell the story...

Yossarian
18th April 2011, 09:44 AM
The OP may say KB at 10:40, whereas we tee'd off at 9:20.

Daz_Golfa
18th April 2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks Mate, would of been good if I'd got there for the right time on Saturday !!!!, never mind, all's good.

Daz_Golfa
18th April 2011, 09:55 AM
Well Done to Nuffie, very well played, Fit and ID, congrats too. Really enjoyed the weekend, great to see all you guys having fun out there.

rubin
18th April 2011, 09:55 AM
Love the new avatar Yoss. That may have to stay around for a while.

Daz_Golfa
18th April 2011, 10:03 AM
The OP may say KB at 10:40, whereas we tee'd off at 9:20.

It still says KB@ 10:40 !!!!

Nuffie
18th April 2011, 10:19 AM
Awesome stuff Nuffie. You are the little engine who could!

After the 1st round loss in the matchplay, I wasn't letting you down this time Pieface.... :mrgreen:

And congrats on your round at the Vines BTW.

Sounds like it was a financially rewarding weekend for both of us.

Nice avatar Yoss, LOL.

TourFit
18th April 2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys for the weekend. Especially Yoss for the organisation of accomodation and booking courses, and to everyone for prize donations (except Tiger who gave F**K ALL again for the third straight year!). Special mention must go to Petethepilot (and his mate David) for their very generous prize donations.

The TourVan lives...the front bumper gets that a lot on kerbs and shopping centre stops. The previous owner did it too, and never replaced the damaged clips, so the bumper is a bit fragile. Personally, I thought I was exceedingly calm.

Well done Nuffie...two solid rounds sees the 'Street Fighting Lleyton Hewitt', Perci (the little engine who can), the Bantam Coq Fighter rise up out of despair and TWO recent club builds to claim the title (BOY, WILL WE REGRET THAT!).

Summary as follows:

1st : Nuffie - 38pts / 35pts = 73 PRIZES: $80 CASH / $100 TF Voucher / TF Shoe Bag / Bottle O' Bundy OP / Sleeve x2 / Progroover Tool
2nd : TourDitch - 31pts / 36pts = 67 PRIZES: $45 CASH / Cross Shirt / Bottle O' Bundy Red / Sleeve x1
3rd : idgolfguy - 32pts / 30pts = 62 PRIZES: $25 CASH / Bottle O' Wine / Vision Balls x3
NAGA : Rubin - 14pts / 30pts = 44 PRIZES: Cross Flouro Pink Belt (bugglegum flavour)

Low Putts : TourPutt - 30.5 / 31 = 61.5 PUTTS PRIZES: TaylorMade Hat / 1/2 Bottle O' Vodka / Sleeve x1
Most Putts : Rubin - 41 / 38 = 79 PUTTS PRIZES: Odyssey CS#5 Putter (HE DONATED IT) / Ultra Tour Ti Balls x3 (individually boxed)

Best Nett KB (Sat) : Nuffie - 38pts PRIZE: Titleist Hat (lightly used) / Tube of Nuun Hydration Tabs / Sleeve x1
Worst Nett KB (Sat) : Rubin - 14pts PRIZE: Sleeve Callaway Diablos (recycled from last 2 yrs Champs...:lol:
NTP's KB (Sat) - 3rd: TourFit / 6th: Nuffie / 14th: Marty / 16th Petethepilot PRIZE: $10 each

Best Nett MCC (Sun) : Yoss - 38pts PRIZE: Mizuno Hat (NEW & UNUSED, good deal that!) / Tube of Nuun Hydration Tabs / Sleeve x1
Worst Nett MCC (Sun) : Cosmopolite - 21 pts PRIZE: Sleeve Callaway Diablos (recycled from last 2 yrs Champs...:lol:
NTP's MCC (Sun) - 3rd: idgolfguy / 6th: DazGolfa / 14th: Nuffie / 17th: --- PRIZE: $10 each + sleeve x1 (NTP carried over)

1st 4pt hole - DazGolfa (1st) PRIZE: Sleeve / Nuun Hydration Tabs
5pt Hole (instead of NTP) - Rubin PRIZE: $10 + Sleeve x1
Longest Drive (18th) - Rubin (seriously melted!!!) PRIZE: Sleeve x1 / Nuun Hydration Tabs

Pieface
18th April 2011, 11:42 AM
Great work 'fit.

Kudos to Pete and his mate. Travelling and offering prize support. Bang up job guys.

Best Nett MCC (Sun) - Yoss 38pts PRIZE: Mizuno Hat (NEW & UNUSED, good deal that!) / Tube of Nun's Lubrication Tabs / Sleeve x1

Should come in useful for the young chap!

Yossarian
18th April 2011, 11:46 AM
I could use the lubrication for my next matchplay victory wankwin

TourFit
18th April 2011, 12:13 PM
Highlights for me...

* Donation of a slightly used hat as prize...only to be found out later by Champ winner (and after culprit has left!). OzGolf WAnker folklore right there...

* Yoss's great driving all day Sun (THE NEW YOSS)...to be followed by the softest 3 putt on the last (THE OLD FAMILIAR YOSS). A 2 putt would have got him level with idgolfguy on points and snatched overall 3rd place for the weekend on the Sun round countback!!!

* Tigers' success ratio of "That's What She Said" comments being only slightly better than Rubins' putting stats ratio

* Nuffie's undue concern that Saturday at KB was an actual OFFICIAL comp round (rather than a Champs round)...so he pretty much went light on the drink, stopped playing poker etc etc

* Me hitting past the 17th pin in two...only to find my ball at the back of the green sitting on a nice pyramid of sand. WTF??? (thanks Pete!). Apparently it is common at the East Coast Champs, though I suspect it's more to do with getting the ball in a better lie than the soggy swamps they seem to play!

* Nuffie after 38pts at KB...bouncing around & checking the card 8 times, giving the pro a blow by blow description for 20 mins while we're having beers/laughs. Finally came into the bar and when asked by the barman "How are you?" started the whole blow by blow run down to HIM! ("I'm gonna be off 6 now")

* Nuffie's Weight Gainer Protein Shake...while shaking, "You only have them for the hand practice..." and various comments that it doesn't work.

* adlo's description of Nuffie shaking his PowerShake. Looked like a T-Rex. CLASSIC. (or something from the Thriller filmclip)

* Tiger making wife comments OFF LIMITS.

* Yoss and the shirtless poker game...should that be classed as advertising?

* Tiger (again) getting a lift back by me, being all nice, then sitting on the verandah with a beer afterwards and just losing it. "You guys just keep pushing my buttons!"... " The problem with you is no one has ever whupped yo' ass!"..."One warning, and then BAM! It's hospital time"

* The buy in at poker (was it Rubin?). "I need more chips"...."There's some 'Shapes' on the bench over there". MORE NUFFIE GOLD!

* The TourDitch...and Robert Trench Jones!!!

* The caretaker...was that Nuffies' dad?

And the lowlights...

Johnny McCanuckstein winning nearly ALL the Skins on Friday...winning the Poker pot on Sat night...and taking Yoss (38pts) & Nuffie (35pts) and 3 skins off me (36pts) on Sunday while scoring 29pts. WTF???

What is it with this guy and money on the line...?

A NETT PROFIT WEEKEND. GGF!

MegaWatty
18th April 2011, 12:30 PM
Nuffie gave the pro a blow? He was a happy boy!

Yossarian
18th April 2011, 12:32 PM
Frikkin nailed it.

TourFit
18th April 2011, 12:36 PM
The spring in his step....no wait, the EXTRA spring in his step when he got a couple of putts on Sunday made him look like Zebedee

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2011, 12:45 PM
Some classic moments there.

The T Rex comment was gold.

Tiger did well this year, lasting 9 holes before spitting it and stating he was going home.

He made ex-wife comments off limits, but then proceeded to take the piss out of himself 5 minutes later.

I didn't make a profit on the weekend. All up, it cost me $7. Net winnings $233 vs. expenses of $240.

Currently, net winnings are only $223 as a lowballer escaped twice without paying up.

TourFit
18th April 2011, 12:58 PM
I didn't make a profit on the weekend. All up, it cost me $7. Net winnings $233 vs. expenses of $240.

Currently, net winnings are only $223 as a lowballer escaped twice without paying up.

He's looking for a better deal than payin' you. Understandable. :mrgreen:

Another highlight I forgot to mention was 'Nut outside the ProShop at KB on Sat...he'd been there for a while I think, and had had some putts etc. He walked off while sayin', "I'm just gonna go in and have a look at what they got on special"

Pieface
18th April 2011, 01:05 PM
Nah GN knew that your winnings were in Canadian dollars so he took the exchange rate bonus for the group.

I recall JC doing a similar thing at Kwinana one day. Shot 27-29 points and banked pretty much all of the skins.

Nuffie
18th April 2011, 02:09 PM
JC and Tiger Woods both love winning the $$$ that's 4 sure.

And Now I'm officially a T-Rex? To go with Lleyton Hewitt, street fighter, percy the little engine. What will I metamorph into next? A mighty morphin power ranger????

TourFit
18th April 2011, 02:20 PM
Marcel Marceau...?

Pieface
18th April 2011, 02:27 PM
Wishful thinking TF

TourFit
18th April 2011, 02:31 PM
Will he get it...?

Oh, poker night Friday, IDGG was explaining to Nuffie about big blind/little blind. After 5-7 minutes, Vic asked "Do you get it now?" and the blank look on Nuffie's face indicated he had not.

I commented that Nuffie's not very used to listening.

Nuff is more of a two mouths and one ear kinda guy...:mrgreen:

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2011, 02:37 PM
I liked the stern lecture that Fit and Aldo received about the proper serving temperature of red wine from Tiger. He then informed them about how they had "ruined" the bottle.

Nuffster was lost 24 seconds into ID's explanation.

Yesterdays stats:
Yoss 38
Fit 36
Nuff 35
JC 29 - $29

Nice when it works like that and it isn't me getting hosed for a change. It would have been over $40 if I didn't Yoss 3 jack from 12 feet.

Nuffie
18th April 2011, 04:17 PM
Will he get it...?

Oh, poker night Friday, IDGG was explaining to Nuffie about big blind/little blind. After 5-7 minutes, Vic asked "Do you get it now?" and the blank look on Nuffie's face indicated he had not.

I commented that Nuffie's not very used to listening.

Nuff is more of a two mouths and one ear kinda guy...:mrgreen:

Wouldn't quite go to that degree of conclusion Fit...

Poker is not really my thing and I'll explain y, but in future years my intention is to maybe play some more poker...

Truth is, I've never been much of a gambling man as my family has not had a very fortunate gambling history... and something this generation is looking to put well and truly behind it.

About 40 years ago my grandpop and uncle both almost gambled their homes and marriages away.

Grandpop also won the lotto one year, trouble was he didn't get the ticket entered in time (first time in years he had missed the deadline apparently, picking the same numbers for years and years) :cry:.

That lowblow was one of the lowest imaginable - and crushed the Fuser/Sheather family BIG TIME. Full credit to my grandpop though - for not going off the deep end... how would you feel?

Wouldn't envy that position one little bit.

TourFit
18th April 2011, 05:13 PM
GULP...:shock:

Erm...sorry Nuff, kidding and no intention to offend Champ!

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2011, 05:20 PM
You spent too much time with Tiger this weekend Fit. You've changed.

Nuffie
18th April 2011, 06:19 PM
Slightly re-edited from a post on another thread:

... I NEVER ever win anything gambling related Yoss.

My form on non-sport related gambling is absolutely horrid.

Normally my luck in gambling goes sort of like this: Wouldn't matter if it was raining naked hot women, would still get washed down the gutter with a HORMO :)

Didn't we encounter one on Saturday night? (JC you didn't as you comprehensively cleaned up the pot).

hocko
18th April 2011, 06:37 PM

The T Rex comment was gold.

Tiger did well this year, lasting 9 holes before spitting it and stating he was going home.

He made ex-wife comments off limits, but then proceeded to take the piss out of himself 5 minutes later.

You were gonna tell me how much i owe you!!!!! If you don't want it then GGF.
And BTW, hocko had 37 points at Mandurah and came a solid second. spewin i didn't get to play KB.

Nuffie
18th April 2011, 06:45 PM
And BTW, hocko had 37 points at Mandurah and came a solid second. spewin i didn't get to play KB.

It was a shame you couldnt make KB. You played real well there last time we had a hit there.

Hopefully the secret harbour greens roll true for you on the 30th and you bury some nice putts. Your definitely due to drop plenty.

shazza_rs
18th April 2011, 06:55 PM
Sounds like you guys had a ball!

hocko
18th April 2011, 07:40 PM
Sounds like you guys had a ball!
Good rarffs shazza.
Canuck actually said we should do this once a month, i think most of us would be single if we did.

MegaWatty
18th April 2011, 07:41 PM
Then you could do it twice a month. ;)

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2011, 07:45 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I thought you paid, but you took back the cash and said you would sort it later.

Make that two lowballers that didn't pay.

I'll shoot you a pm.

adlo
18th April 2011, 09:12 PM
I think a 2011 November champs should be the go.

Yossarian
18th April 2011, 09:15 PM
I'll organise!

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2011, 09:19 PM
Due to his victory, Nuffie can help organise.

I overheard him thinking about booking accommodation HERE (http://www.abingdonvillage.com.au/)

adlo
18th April 2011, 09:19 PM
Simmsy and Tourfit!

Golfnut
18th April 2011, 09:29 PM
Anyone not pay their skins money? ;)

Nah GN knew that your winnings were in Canadian dollars so he took the exchange rate bonus for the group.

Don't look at me, JC cleaned me out and I payed my dues.....barely had enough coinage in my wallet for lunch today.

Cosmopolite
18th April 2011, 10:13 PM

I overheard him thinking about booking accommodation HERE (http://www.abingdonvillage.com.au/)

well half of you guys will have no problem in the maze because you are all so tall and will be able to look over the hedges - Nuffie and a few others will have problems though

TourFit
18th April 2011, 10:47 PM
I might have width issues too...

Nuffie
18th April 2011, 11:14 PM

Champs in Nov? This could be a prob for me as might be moving house and mortgage underway. But should know by sept where I stand. Too early to say.

rubin
19th April 2011, 09:50 AM
Maybe Nov. Champs at Kalgoorlie?

Daz_Golfa
19th April 2011, 01:36 PM

Another piccie of the trench......Fit did take it very well and was very calm......

Nuffie
19th April 2011, 03:02 PM
Maybe Nov. Champs at Kalgoorlie?
Now that course looks great, but a long way to go just for one private track. And everyone would have to brush up on sand green play as there's about three of those courses up there. Worth a thought I suppose, the evening events in kal could definitely be interesting...

simmsy
19th April 2011, 07:03 PM
He'll yeah! Hard to explain why u drop $500 to the mrs at 2am while in Kal.

Yossarian
19th April 2011, 07:35 PM
Midnight skins v JC could = a 200 loss.

rubin
19th April 2011, 07:41 PM
Midnight skins v JC could = a 200 loss.

that would depend on what "skins" your talking about.

Shadesy
20th April 2011, 11:12 AM
I would be very interested in the next lot.

Good call Adlo.

I was thinking something like Sun City, Could stay at Club Capricorn. Not heaps of courses around, Perhaps Sun City/Wanneroo for the Champs double. I think capricorn has an old beaten down mini golf place as well. Wouldnt discount Joondalup, but may be a bit pricey!

Geraldton if we are really keen (isn't there 2 courses up there?)> Does Yanchep National park still have the 9 holer as well?

Having said that, south is better for me, just throwing something different out there?

Also a belated Congratulations to Nuffie, blew the field away on the Saturday and played solidly for the Sunday. Not happy to hear about the lack of drinking before the Saturday round though??

idgolfguy
20th April 2011, 12:07 PM
Near Sun City is an 18 hole golf course that is cut into the nature reserve. Not sure what it is called.

simmsy
20th April 2011, 12:54 PM
I think we need to stay close to our roots. Bunbury is hard to beat at anytime as a comp venue.

TourFit
20th April 2011, 01:06 PM
You have a root down in Bunbury...?

Bet she wears Ugg Boots!

idgolfguy
20th April 2011, 01:17 PM
South is always good for options. Unless we want to do the Sand-Green tour of the North West.

Nuffie
20th April 2011, 03:17 PM
Wouldn't pins be cut on sandy-yellows instead of grassy-greens?

Is that other course in Yanchep through the nature reserve any good ID?

rubin
20th April 2011, 03:33 PM
You have a root down in Bunbury...?

Bet she wears Ugg Boots!

with the fluffy baubles on the end of the laces

TourFit
20th April 2011, 03:40 PM
with the fluffy baubles on the end of the laces

Don't know if simmsy'd be into chicks with fluffy baubles attached...Mega, maybe. Simmsy, probably not.

Yoss likes GUYS with fluffy bits!

rubin
20th April 2011, 04:11 PM
South is always good for options. Unless we want to do the Sand-Green tour of the North West.

ID, what were the courses you suggested for the propr golf trip. Was it the 2 in Tassy you went to?

TourFit
20th April 2011, 04:58 PM
Barbougle Dunes & Lost Farm...

idgolfguy
20th April 2011, 08:37 PM
I'll post a thread to plan for 18 months.

Gents, anyone lose a pair of black shoes at Fairbridge. The lady called me to ask as they have found a pair.

Cosmopolite
20th April 2011, 08:49 PM
I havent seen the course at Yanchep National Park but I have heard it is pretty rough.

There is a good course at Ledge Point and ones at Guilderton and Lancelin as well.

Pieface
20th April 2011, 08:51 PM
Lancelin is crazy. you are likely to get sea sick walking the course!

idgolfguy
20th April 2011, 08:52 PM
Yes it is. I thought it was 18, but am sure that it is 9 as confirmed by Shadesey.

Yossarian
20th April 2011, 09:18 PM
I'll post a thread to plan for 18 months.

Gents, anyone lose a pair of black shoes at Fairbridge. The lady called me to ask as they have found a pair.

Hahaha, she didn't call me.

TourFit
21st April 2011, 09:56 AM
They might be mine...I'll check.

idgolfguy
21st April 2011, 10:34 AM
Give them a call asap!

Cosmopolite
27th May 2011, 10:07 PM

Cosmopolite
27th May 2011, 10:13 PM

Yossarian
27th May 2011, 10:19 PM
Nice shirt rubin

Cosmopolite
27th May 2011, 10:21 PM
jeebus the photo uploader thingy is hard to use on this site!

rubin
27th May 2011, 11:46 PM
Nice shirt rubin

Are u hitting on me? ;)

Nailed that drive too!

AndyP
19th June 2011, 11:22 AM
1st : Nuffie - 38pts / 35pts = 73
2nd : TourDitch - 31pts / 36pts = 67
3rd : idgolfguy - 32pts / 30pts = 62
NAGA : Rubin - 14pts / 30pts = 44
Does anyone have a full rundown of scores from the whole weekend?

What about the Friday or was that a team format day?

idgolfguy
19th June 2011, 11:27 AM
Friday was a social round.

AndyP
24th June 2011, 10:34 AM
Social scores can still count.
No scores forthcoming? That's a shame.

hocko
24th June 2011, 10:54 AM
I had 37 points on Sunday.

Yossarian
24th June 2011, 01:49 PM
I had 23 and 38 sunday

THe friday is a haze of booze and such, I think it would have been at Bunbury

JC, Me? Nuff? Hocko? Nut?

Binny no idea,

JC then the rest.

Yossarian
14th April 2016, 04:26 PM

Trench Jones wins 8&7

So good.

Johnny Canuck
14th April 2016, 04:28 PM
So good.

#1 on the champs highlight reel.

Tourfit asking everyone for help. 8 guys standing around taking photos.

#2 would be the Hoge's Hosel

#3 the Hocko hosel.

adlo
14th April 2016, 10:32 PM
Ah memories. The spirit of Trench Jones hangs over the GSM much like Bobby Jones at Augusta National

LeftyHoges
15th April 2016, 09:53 AM
#1 on the champs highlight reel.

Tourfit asking everyone for help. 8 guys standing around taking photos.

#2 would be the Hoge's Hosel

#3 the Hocko hosel.

#2? Really? You can't do better than that? Why do I bother coming to these things if that is No. 2?

TourFit
15th April 2016, 01:45 PM
I remember the guy pulling it out and the whole front bumper half peeling off...

LESSON - Never use a phone and drive over a ditch at the same time!!!

TourFit
15th April 2016, 01:50 PM
I've got plenty of personal highlights / memories from Champs. That's why I'm going again.

For some reason I just seem to vividly remember Yoss at Araluen playing out of that boulder strewn creek for a Summer Cup (?) And the grass tree destruction.

Shadesy
15th April 2016, 02:59 PM
#2? Really? You can't do better than that? Why do I bother coming to these things if that is No. 2?

#4 poo on paganoni
#5 shouldergate
#6 KB greens

adlo
15th April 2016, 03:43 PM
Playing Bunbury yesterday reminded me of the Pygmy punch. Definite highlight for me, and Yoss in the closet should get a mention

Johnny Canuck
15th April 2016, 04:02 PM
We need a voting system.

Hormone at mini golf deserves a mention

Wah-Wah-wee! At Binny.

JC's shot that broke nuffie's little heart.

Tiger Ham smashing half his clubs in the fun Friday game.

Tiger Ham informing fit that his biggest problem is that he's never taken a punch.

The Magic Nike ball that changed into a Noodle in the span of 300m.

Johnny Canuck
15th April 2016, 04:03 PM
Tourfit vomiting mid story, pausing for 10 seconds to wash his mouth and continuing like nothing happened.

Johnny Canuck
15th April 2016, 04:04 PM
Champs 1, Tourfit explaining all of the repair work he had done to the rear panel of the tour van, then damaging it 30 seconds later with his giant belt buckle.

Yossarian
15th April 2016, 04:05 PM
Yoss in the closet should get a mention

And not getting a drop on the carpet.

adlo
15th April 2016, 04:13 PM
Ok there is a lot of gold. Second the voting system

Johnny Canuck
15th April 2016, 07:17 PM
Ok there is a lot of gold. Second the voting system

Ashes having a putt to go legit (play to cap) from 3 ft, and missing. Getting angry at the gallery (mainly me), and tries to belt it off the green, but windies.

Turned out that the tap in he windied on was to go legit.

LeftyHoges
15th April 2016, 10:37 PM
See? A common, every day, run of the mill shank into the piss pales in comparison.

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2016, 12:26 AM
See? A common, every day, run of the mill shank into the piss pales in comparison.

I don't remember any common, every day, run of the mill shanks at Meadows.

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2016, 12:27 AM

Speaking of which, up and down off the ntp marker for the win has to be right up there.

LeftyHoges
16th April 2016, 12:52 AM
Speaking of which, up and down off the ntp marker for the win has to be right up there.

Nope. It sure isn't.

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2016, 12:53 AM
Nope. It sure isn't.

[emoji3]

Cheers to Hocko for finding my second.

Ashes
16th April 2016, 07:13 AM
Ashes having a putt to go legit (play to cap) from 3 ft, and missing. Getting angry at the gallery (mainly me), and tries to belt it off the green, but windies.

Turned out that the tap in he windied on was to go legit.

Cost me a share of the lead too.

And compounded the next day by a top on the first tee which dribbled slowly down the cart path into the creek...

LeftyHoges
16th April 2016, 08:26 AM
How about the good times, you know, like when I pumped right-handed hybrid past my left handed one.

Shit, I think I've lost the vid!!!!

simmsy
16th April 2016, 09:16 AM
And when you bombed a RH drive on 9 at Mandurah past Shadesys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeftyHoges
16th April 2016, 09:19 AM
And when you bombed a RH drive on 9 at Mandurah past Shadesys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****, I've lost that pic too!

Unfortunately Shadesy was 2 metres past me.

I WAS 15 in front of Canuck though.

G.K
16th April 2016, 09:47 AM
Is that what you were after........

This is me and Shadesy after both spanking his driver on 9 @ Mandurah. He was "praying" that his ball was further than mine. Good thing it was, he may have given up the game had I been longer than him. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/18/umu7a8y2.jpg

The view from Johnny Canucks ball however...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/18/ytetume5.jpg

LeftyHoges
16th April 2016, 10:28 AM
Is that what you were after........

Yeah, that'd be the ones! ;-)

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2016, 10:35 AM
I can't believe I put a 7i that deep in the trees.

LeftyHoges
18th April 2016, 01:50 PM
I can't believe I put a 7i that deep in the trees.

I can. No money on the line and non-capped round. That was the ONLY shot you were going to hit.

TourFit
18th April 2016, 03:56 PM
Tourfit vomiting mid story, pausing for 10 seconds to wash his mouth and continuing like nothing happened.

To be fair, I had just been in to the scene of destruction Yoss had caused in the closet (no homo). The smell... and bits of bacon on the wall.

Another highlight was Yoss next morning hosing off simmsy's roll up mattress :lol:

Tiger Ham playing "UN-stableford" comes to mind!!!

TourFit
18th April 2016, 04:18 PM
IDGG's impressive "chilli dawg" consumption. He had a 10 while we couldn't eat 6's!!!

JC had a non chilli chicken thing (probably made of pussy).

Yossarian
10th December 2016, 11:42 AM

Trench Jones wins 8&7

Still so much lel.

TourFit
10th December 2016, 06:46 PM
Loved that car...

Ashes
10th December 2016, 07:57 PM
I'm guessing the feeling wasn't mutual.