PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Lessons

rubin
20th December 2010, 04:35 PM
Annoyingly, since i've signed up on this site, my H/cap has blown out to 10/11/12 from a 5-6. (Itc ould also pbe the possibility that my time to play has been severely reduced to a quick 9 holes once ever 3 or 4 weeks if that........ but you've gotta blame someone!)

The question I have for everyone, do you know of any Pro's who actually know what they are talking about (sometimes hard to find), and offer lessons designed to bring the 'cap down to 4, 5 or 6 or even lower, and finally in W.A (what can I say, I like making life hard sometimes!).

I got there before by being able to play a good 2 or 3 rounds over a 2 week period, but now the lessons will be needed to help introduce the consistency again. I'm looking for someone who can help with the tiny little niggles that creep into a swing, and also course management as well.

Opinions, and suggestions welcome!

Minor_Threat
20th December 2010, 08:12 PM
If you can only play 9 holes once a month it just isn't going to work. If you can increase how often you play it would be a worth while exercise!

dean0820
21st December 2010, 12:07 AM
i would try andy gott at port kennedy.

Oldplayer
21st December 2010, 09:49 PM
I agree unless you play regularly, I would think at least once a week, it is hard to maintain a low cap. Lessons can be of some help in improvement but unless you play a lot, (I play twice a week at a minimum, and have a cap of 7) your ability to be consistent and put together 18 holes will suffer.
The new handicap system has had an effect in caps blowing out a bit IMO. Quite a few of my golfing mates who played around 10 in the old system are now around the 14-16 mark.
Sorry I can't suggest a teacher but the fact remains your best chance of lowering your cap is to play and practice as much as possible.