PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone Deals - Help !!!

3oneday
3rd June 2005, 03:45 PM
Guys,

Through a deal with Optus, internet, Home Phone and Mobile, both mine and my wifes mobiles are with Optus, and our bills seem to have jumped $40 or $50 dollars (on the mobiles).

I need to keep one phone with Optus, probably mine as I seem to spend less :wink: but I am looking for a cheap overall deal with someone for my wifes phone (she needs to port the number as well). It would be nice if:

She had a free time like we used to with Telstra, she used to be able to have free calls up to 20 minutes for 1 allocated hour per day.

Plus anything else that will help reduce the costs, maybe an electric shock after 3 minutes ?? 8) :lol:

Any suggestions along the above lines would be great.

Pete

Fishman Dan
3rd June 2005, 04:08 PM
I went on the prowl for a new contract for the missus, found the Telstra shop has a far better grip on plans etc.

Went the Crazy Johns first, and they had about 1/3 the range of phones, and didn't explain the plans as well as the Telstra shop.

Ever thought of CDMA? We've never had a problem with my wife's CDMA service in the city (as opposed to what reps will tell you) - and out in the sticks it's brilliant. Good phones for $0 on CDMA too.

Trung
3rd June 2005, 04:59 PM
$45 with Virgin for $200 worth of SMS, International, Local, Mobile etc.

Even better when a third party is paying for all the phone bills + equipment charge :P

gazgolf1
3rd June 2005, 05:47 PM
$45 with Virgin for $200 worth of SMS, International, Local, Mobile etc.

Even better when a third party is paying for all the phone bills + equipment charge  :P

I got the same deal as Trung....happy so far. :roll:

Grunt
3rd June 2005, 09:31 PM
I am on the same too $45 for 200

markTHEblake
4th June 2005, 12:21 AM
compare all the plans at www.phonechoice.com.au
just type in your average bill info and it will calculate which plans will be the cheapest.