PDA

View Full Version : Mad people or Copycats?

Fishman Dan
3rd June 2005, 11:22 AM
Another suspect package - this time delivered to Parliament House. Without entering into a debate that it's hurting our image in Asia - i think other issues in the region have already cast that stone. But what good does it do?

But where's the average schmo going to get access to agents such as Anthrax anyway? Last i saw there was no Red Spot Special on a Coles?

It's a bit of a beat-up to label it as an act of terrorism - more an act of hooliganism.

wavemaker
3rd June 2005, 04:11 PM
Fishy, I haven't heard anyone put forward the theory that it may have come from the other side, Thoughts?

Fishman Dan
3rd June 2005, 04:16 PM
My thoughts are some bloke has put some Omo in the post..

The talk at the moment is that the Lib's have polticised the entire event, immediately drawing a conclusion that the white powder delivered to the Indonesian Consulate was a) a biological agent, and b) directly linked to the Corby case.

It's been proven that a) it is not biological at all (scaremongering, terrorism etc) and b) The note with the package, while in Indonesion, bares no mention of the Corby trial (builds up anger against the Indo's).

While there's talk like that, we're going backwards. Pollies should keep their traps shut until facts are known, they've basically put forward what the media wanted to hear before the truth could be known.

wavemaker
3rd June 2005, 04:42 PM
I agree, the media in general have acted in a most scurrilous fashion throughout this sorry drama. Reality tv for real.

Ducky
3rd June 2005, 07:13 PM
If it was a Corby supporter they probably would have tried to sniff it like a line of cocaine as opposed to sending it in the mail.

http://ozgolf.net/forum/images/smiles/eusa_whistle.gif

markTHEblake
4th June 2005, 12:35 AM
Wavey, i wouldnt mind putting a place bet on that tip of yours.

wavemaker
4th June 2005, 01:13 PM
And another thing, I wonder who will do the book and the movie. I was talking to a friend the other day after he had been drinking in her local pub and he says there was a lot of speculation around this. Also the mobile phone guy who is bankrolling her defence is said to have a very shady side to him too. I have wondered about his motivation also. I realize this is only hearsay but as someone once said, "ooooo and it makes me wonder".

Fishman Dan
4th June 2005, 03:27 PM
Another company linked to Bakir - the bloke who bankrolled the Corby case, has gone under.

markTHEblake
5th June 2005, 12:26 AM
a recent report suggests that ronnie Bakir has bankrolled stuff all, and that the Government forked over about $100k for Corby's defence.