PDA

View Full Version : Grip on a driver is right of where it should be.....can this help a draw?

dave1
14th December 2010, 12:56 AM
I bought a cobra S9-1 Pro S off ebay USA...shaft is an Accra XC65 stiff or M4 as they call it

the odd thing is the grip is out of line....and its sort of right of where it should be.

Today I read in the golf digest that Bernhard Langer actually grips his clubs like this deliberately

he says it helps him draw the ball because it gest it going inside

funnily enough this driver with the grip on the right of where it should be I have got my draw back with driver....I fade irons mostly

can a club fitter here or say an expert on gripping give some thoughts on this

a few people who have picked up the driver point it out straight away.

Im not changing it thats for sure

MegaWatty
14th December 2010, 01:00 AM
Makes your grip strong.

Cheers,
Renowned strong gripper.

vman
14th December 2010, 01:26 AM
Bernhard Langer was renowned for his strong grip. I use an even stronger grip and, like Langer, I rotate my grips about 15* clockwise when using ribbed grips. With round grips, it makes no difference.

And, BTW, a strong grip does not necessarily lead to a draw. Often it wil encourage a fade. Many famous strong grippers were faders of the ball.

MegaWatty
14th December 2010, 01:28 AM
Fades are ghey. ;)

dave1
14th December 2010, 01:45 AM
Makes your grip strong.

Cheers,
Renowned strong gripper.

yes...read that in the golf digest

hmm thinking if I should grip all my clubs like that

dave1
14th December 2010, 01:50 AM
Bernhard Langer was renowned for his strong grip. I use an even stronger grip and, like Langer, I rotate my grips about 15* clockwise when using ribbed grips. With round grips, it makes no difference.

And, BTW, a strong grip does not necessarily lead to a draw. Often it wil encourage a fade. Many famous strong grippers were faders of the ball.

correct but you'd find it dam hard to draw the ball with the opposite weak grip?/ or maybe not

just was interesting as Im loving driving the ball long and strong again after an injury riddle year I bought this driver off the bay ..really based on a hunch...then when I got it I honestly didnt notice the grip....:?

that said my bad shot is now a hook..instead of a block right or slice the ears of it 8-)

I have eliminated one side of the fairway....:D

anyways interesting.....for me

Johnny Canuck
14th December 2010, 01:51 AM
A lot of Japanese golfers do this.

That might change your mind:mrgreen:

MegaWatty
14th December 2010, 01:53 AM
Being introduced to the TGM way of golf, my grip looks very strong but is actually neutral based on how my hands hang. Probably one of the two biggest things I picked up from TGM.

I use round grips because of this.