PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Ozgolf NSW Cup

Grunt
13th December 2010, 07:02 AM
Hi all

After yesterdays great day at Mt Broughton with both NSW & ACT OzGolfers. I had an idea for the NSW OzGolf Cup. It has a great venue if we can hold it there. It has the chance to get the required numbers to come up from ACT for a game. I know those on the northern side of Sydney may not be keen to drive to the Southern Highlands for a game but ToungueBoy came from Lake Macquarie for yesterdays game.

How does either 13th or 20th March 2011 for it sound? Just plucking dates out that would see the best weather I am thinking winter down there would be even tougher than yesterday.

What do you all think?

I will add a poll for registering your interest.

Terrys, would Mt Broughton be ok with you using your members deal for more people? If not how much would we be up for?

Tongueboy
13th December 2010, 07:05 AM
only 3 1/2 hours for me and an easy drive!

Sydney Hacker
13th December 2010, 07:06 AM
I would be keen but any date between Feb-Apr pretty much rules me out due to pennant and a few other things going on.

Dotty
13th December 2010, 07:46 AM
Generally yes, but I'll be caddying for the pennant team on the Sundays around those dates.

terrys
13th December 2010, 08:02 AM
It is just a matter of me clearing it with the staff. They were ok with 12 yesterday, and i've enquired previously about having up to 20 players which was ok. If it is at Mt B I think the latest it should be played is May, then we should wait for Septemebr onwards due to the cold winter months.

Grunt
13th December 2010, 08:05 AM
For the ability to host those sort of Numbers it certainly points to Mt Broughton as the venue as it also gives the ACT boys a chance too. Dates were only set up as a guide. We could do a game in March as a trial and then have the Cup in September, but no matter what date we pick there will be some one who wants to move it to another date, let the majority decide.

Sydney Hacker
13th December 2010, 08:15 AM
What about Kangaroo Valley ? That way people could stay in the cabins and make a night of it, they are all self contained so you could take your own booze and food.

WBennett
13th December 2010, 08:42 AM
I'm no good until probably October. Family holidays Jan. UFC & Golf weekend with the Bluescooter and Philthy in Feb, then away for three weekends for footy in March. Then footy starts again and I'm done until October...

Don't work it around me though - my fun police makes things difficult...

Minor_Threat
13th December 2010, 10:51 AM
March is pennants for me and would need to swing it with the missus also.

KristianJ
3rd September 2012, 11:39 AM
The noble efforts of Virge and Titty reminded me of this thread for some reason...that, and there are a fair few more Sydney members now than there were back then.

Any interest, whether it be a Sunday game or something midweek?

Captain Nemo
3rd September 2012, 11:40 AM
Im always up for it mate, you know that!

Stuartd147
3rd September 2012, 11:48 AM
me too!

Peppas
3rd September 2012, 11:53 AM
I'd be interested in a game

WBennett
3rd September 2012, 12:04 PM
give me enough notice and i will come up

JADO75
3rd September 2012, 12:12 PM
Yep

Sydney Hacker
3rd September 2012, 12:12 PM
Depending on where and when I would be keen. Unfortunately doing a lot of travelling at work at the moment so it is a bit hard to committ to too much.

If you would like a hand at organising anything though let me know and I will do what I can!

live4golf
3rd September 2012, 12:17 PM
sure

Leon Phelps
3rd September 2012, 12:25 PM
I'm in

Haystacks
3rd September 2012, 12:37 PM
Keen

Dotty
3rd September 2012, 12:52 PM
Oh yeah!

We should be able to finish the 2011 matchplay on the same weekend.

Dangals
3rd September 2012, 12:52 PM
keen - preferrably a weekend but weekdays can be done with enough notice

Jono
3rd September 2012, 01:42 PM
Sunday is the best day for me.

Peppas
3rd September 2012, 01:53 PM
Oh yeah!

We should be able to finish the 2011 matchplay on the same weekend.

Whos up?

Sydney Hacker
3rd September 2012, 01:54 PM
Given we are likely to rely on social tee times Sunday would be our only real option wouldn't it? (if we decide on a weekend anyway).

mudrat
3rd September 2012, 02:44 PM
Count me in!

Stuartd147
3rd September 2012, 03:56 PM
Come play our club Port Kembla in Wollongong....lets decide if it is to be pre-xmas or post-xmas and then lets pick a few Sunday's. I'll go to the board for a group deal. There is accomodation next door for those that want to stay...stu

KristianJ
3rd September 2012, 04:10 PM
Copied from the "big" Champs thread:

What about Southern Highlands for a NSW Cup type thing? There is Mt Broughton, Bowral, Mossvale Kangaroo Valley etc. down that way. Not the best course but Kangaroo Valley has self contained cabins, bbq areas etc. that would keep the cost down. Half way to the ACT for those gents also.

(Plus I know the manager so might be able to get something cheaper)

I for one wouldn't mind making a weekend out of it...the Qld Champs format is great and the evening banter is almost as fun as the golf itself.

Might see if I can edit the poll and start it afresh.

EDIT: Okay, poll edited. Feel free to submit location ideas in the thread as has already been done.

Golfwhang
3rd September 2012, 04:23 PM
I'll be in if its on weekend

Peppas
3rd September 2012, 08:45 PM
I can't vote

Sydney Hacker
4th September 2012, 06:19 AM
I can't voteNot old enough yet?

Peppas
4th September 2012, 06:21 AM
Not old enough yet?

AEC only lets you vote once on election day, I guess same rules apply here :)

davepuppies
4th September 2012, 06:23 AM
I could be keen if it's a weekend event....

mrbluu
4th September 2012, 09:03 AM
Not sure if I can do a weekend thing before the end of the year, but I'm keen play golf with as many ozgolfers as I can....Meet Stu a couple of weeks ago and have had 2 rounds with him already. Will be playing with Titleist this weekend at Kogarah.

Kizza
7th September 2012, 01:11 PM
Keen as well, especially for Sunday

Jono
7th September 2012, 01:21 PM
Come play our club Port Kembla in Wollongong....lets decide if it is to be pre-xmas or post-xmas and then lets pick a few Sunday's. I'll go to the board for a group deal. There is accomodation next door for those that want to stay...stu

Then barbie and drinks at my house. I'll get the spa going, invite some girls over, have a hit on the golf simulator etc. 8)

KristianJ
8th September 2012, 10:08 PM
Okay, after a PM or 2 and some thought, here's what I've come up with. It's pretty much a rip off of what the SEQld'ers do, but whatever...

- 3 or so one day events per year that can be held in various parts of the state (Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle/Hunter, Wollongong, Canberra, etc)...we could kick it off in a month or so's time, perhaps.
- A 2 or 3 day Champs style event (might need a bit more planning for a early 2013 playing time). SH's idea of Southern Highlands seems pretty decent.

Or we can just aim for a Champs style event.

Peppas
10th September 2012, 11:38 AM
Either and or sounds good KJ. Hopefully I can make it...

virge666
10th September 2012, 12:29 PM
Okay, after a PM or 2 and some thought, here's what I've come up with. It's pretty much a rip off of what the SEQld'ers do, but whatever...

- 3 or so one day events per year that can be held in various parts of the state (Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle/Hunter, Wollongong, Canberra, etc)...we could kick it off in a month or so's time, perhaps.
- A 2 or 3 day Champs style event (might need a bit more planning for a early 2013 playing time). SH's idea of Southern Highlands seems pretty decent.

Or we can just aim for a Champs style event.

i like the one day events...

Captain Nemo
10th September 2012, 12:39 PM
I cant do a w/end.
Between the Champs and the TCC w/ends , doubt my missus will let me go on another one.....:(

JADO75
10th September 2012, 12:45 PM
36 hole, one day event?

mrbluu
10th September 2012, 01:25 PM
36 hole, one day event?

Sounds good in theory but won't leave much time for drinking.....

KristianJ
23rd September 2012, 02:32 PM
Alrighty, how does a Sunday in November sound to kick off the Cup? All it needs is a willing host and host track that would be able to accommodate a group of us early to mid morning (whether it be comp or social).

mrbluu
23rd September 2012, 03:13 PM
Give me numbers and I will organise cabra.

Dotty
23rd September 2012, 03:53 PM
Weekend of 10/11 and Sunday 18th is not possible for me.

4th and 25th and I'll be there.

Haystacks
24th September 2012, 06:41 AM
Bugger. B Grade pennant kicks off on 7/10, so that knocks out nearly every Sunday between then and Chrissy.

I'll have to sit out at least 1 week...might jag it!

Peppas
24th September 2012, 07:21 AM
The only date I could potentially do is the 25th, get back from the honeymoon on the 23rd... might annoy the missus though. Otherwise happy to miss out if you guys have better numbers on a different date. Good luck, hope it's awesome!