PDA

View Full Version : Carnarvon Monday 13th June

Trung
1st June 2005, 09:28 PM
Jim,

I got a call from Jono the other day. He wants me to organise a game for your matchplay match.

Now, what the hell is wrong with Jono? Why is he so obsess with Gary's matchplay match?  :lol:

Is Jono Gary's underwear? Cos he damn acts like one  :wink: .

I can arrange for a game on the long weekend.. (MONDAY 13th)... could you confirm if Gary will be available for the game..

Cheers,
====================================
Anyone else like a crack at Carnarvon on Monday 13th June? I will try and get more than one group on as it is usually very quiet on a public holiday.

Greens are back, so I don't want to hear none of this crap complaining about my course after the game or else you will be banned  :twisted: .

Virgal_Tracy
2nd June 2005, 08:04 AM
If you make it a decent tee off time (read not too early) then I could be interested.

Fishman Dan
2nd June 2005, 08:08 AM
Trung - put me down for any other weekend in June. The first i played there the greens were great so looking forward to a return gig... ;)

Trung
2nd June 2005, 10:28 AM
I'm aiming at 8.30am

Pinglauncher
2nd June 2005, 12:01 PM
Trung

Count me in and if no one has any objections I am sure I will get a request from Ping Jnr to play.

Trung
2nd June 2005, 03:35 PM
1. Trung
2. Gary
3. Jim
4. Jono
5. Vince
6. Ping Snr
7. Ping Jnr
8. ?

Jono
2nd June 2005, 07:40 PM
Jim,

I got a call from Jono the other day. He wants me to organise a game for your matchplay match.

Now, what the hell is wrong with Jono? Why is he so obsess with Gary's matchplay match?  :lol:

Shouldn't you be asking, "What's wrong with Jim and Gary?" :roll:

I don't think they could organise their game before the end of the year if we left it to them. :wink:

Gary said he can make it that day.

Gary, if you are reading this, I'm sick of being "your underwear" so get your butt online and start posting! :lol:

jimandr
2nd June 2005, 08:57 PM
Jim,

Is Jono Gary's underwear? Cos he damn acts like one  :wink: .

I can arrange for a game on the long weekend.. (MONDAY 13th)... could you confirm if Gary will be available for the game..

Cheers,
Anyone else like a crack at Carnarvon on Monday 13th June? I will try and get more than one group on as it is usually very quiet on a public holiday.

Greens are back, so I don't want to hear none of this crap complaining about my course after the game or else you will be banned  :twisted: .

This isn't the way the situation was presented to me.

I was advised that you were HAPPY :) :D to play host, therefore I didn't need to do anything except turn up and play.

I will turn up and play at the Home of MatchPlay Golf, express my thanks to Trung for playing organiser, pay back my wedges debt to Jono, say hello to Pinglauncher, talk a lot of clubfitting with Gary and hopefully even play some decent golf.

Have the crows stopped digging up the fairways?

Trung
2nd June 2005, 09:39 PM
Have the crows stopped digging up the fairways? yep... been ok for 4 weeks now...

Trung
4th June 2005, 06:20 PM
Sorry guys, I'm out. I'm off to Canberra for the long weekend. Chris (Pinglauncher) is now your new host.

1. Chris (Pinglauncher)
2. Ping Jnr

NSW Matchplay
3. Gary - Bayview
4. Jim Andrews - Camden Valley

5. John Oh - Bayview
6. Vince Bates - Riverlands

Pinglauncher
5th June 2005, 04:41 PM
Sorry guys, I'm out. I'm off to Canberra for the long weekend. Chris (Pinglauncher) is now your new host.

1. Chris (Pinglauncher)
2. Ping Jnr

NSW Matchplay
3. Gary - Bayview

5. John Oh - Bayview

I have booked 2 tee times at 8:01 and 8:09 am. This gives us 2 free spots if anyone else is interested.

jimandr
5th June 2005, 07:06 PM
Ping,

Thanks for playing host. We might be able to convince you and Jr that we are more pleasant in the flesh than we are in cyberspace (not nearly as much sledging) and get you to join one of our excursions away from your home.

Will the halfway house be open :?: The roast beef roll with chutney was very nice last time I was there.

Pinglauncher
7th June 2005, 04:02 PM

1. Chris (Pinglauncher)
2. Ping Jnr

NSW Matchplay
3. Gary - Bayview

5. John Oh - Bayview

I have booked 2 tee times at 8:01 and 8:09 am. This gives us 2 free
spots if anyone else is interested.

Still 2 spots to fill. First come first served. If I can request a PM from the 4 confirmed with handicap and badge number details etc I can have this all organised by the morning.

jimandr
13th June 2005, 04:42 PM
As there were three separate topics covering the day, I wasn't sure what to do. I waited for someone else to make the decision, but to avail, so here's my account of the day.

The Scores (par event)

Spiersy = 4 up
Jimandr = 2 up
PingLauncher = 4 down
Jono = 8 down
Virgal Tracy = 10 down.

Big, big range of scores :shock: in perfect golfing weather.

For Trung's benefit in particular, Carnarvon was in quite good nick considering its previous problems with crow damage. While a few greens had pitch marks in them, I didn't hit any, so I thought the greens were quite good.

My match with Customclubmaker didn't happen due to a family emergency on Gary's part, but the Jono v Spiersy challenge was a non-event. I wasn't in their group, but clearly Spiersy played well and Jono didn't.

My thanks to Vince for not throwing tantrums after having a really bad day and Pinglauncher and PingJnr for being good company.

The definite lowlight was the marauding crows on 13 and 17. I didn't find my ball just off the fairway to the right on 13, and I knew why when I saw a crow steal Vince's ball from the left edge of the same fairway. I was very dirty even though I got to replace the ball stolen from 3 feet from the hole on the 17th green. Not only didn't I get to enjoy the walk up to a near certain birdie, but my last decent Pro V was winging its way across the road. Thanks to PingLauncher for giving me a newish ball to complete my round with.

Pinglauncher
13th June 2005, 05:06 PM
Sorry everyone, I was not sure where to post the report. I will assume I have been officially chastised :roll: and promise to do better next time.

I have even put my apology in both areas :wink:

Jono
13th June 2005, 05:27 PM
... but the Jono v Spiersy challenge was a non-event.  I wasn't in their group, but clearly Spiersy played well and Jono didn't.

That's an understatement ... :lol:

The crow incident(s) was quite amusing actually. Probably because our group wasn't affected. :wink: We saw the group in front chasing a crow with something white in it's mouth and then saw another crow carry Jim's ball away in the group behind. One group had two of their balls on the fairway attacked by these black bastards and soon we got to hear the unmistakable "Carnarvon Crow Cry" wringing around the back nine. Grown men, running around the course crying "Hoooee ... Hooee ... Shooo ... Shooo". You gotta laugh ... :lol:

Virgal_Tracy
14th June 2005, 11:35 AM
The day would've been near perfect but for my golf. I'm sure that most of us have had those days when nothing goes right. Admittedly I drove really poorly which left me with impossible 2nd shots out from behind trees.

Experimented with Cally HX Blue's and found I was losing 10 - 15 m on every shot. Will certainly practice with a new ball before playing with it again.

Jim was playing really well considering I have seen him drive the ball better but the rest of his game was spot on. Ping and Junior Ping were great company.

as I said today was a good walk ruined by hitting that little white ball. But as golf will do to you, I got my only plus on the last hole played to give me some encouragement to come back again.