PDA

View Full Version : Aldila RIP 60 Stiff

Captain Nemo
6th December 2010, 08:44 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270662376635&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270662376635&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

Anyone game. or have gamed this, thoughts?:roll:

GolfBallWhackerGuy
6th December 2010, 09:23 AM
I had a hit yesterday with a callaway razr hawk head attached to it. A lot more stable than any other 60g shafts ive tried. Ball flight with the razr head was optimal for me so the combination was great (for me anyway). Ive placed an order and should get it soon. Will let you know how it goes on the course.

Captain Nemo
6th December 2010, 09:28 AM
Ta, what colour eyes did it have?

GolfBallWhackerGuy
6th December 2010, 09:42 AM
I didnt notice the colour of the eyes. I'll ask.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
6th December 2010, 03:01 PM
It had red eyes mate.

Captain Nemo
6th December 2010, 03:03 PM
Ta, are the red eye version the stock offering, and the other colour ones Tour Only?

MegaWatty
6th December 2010, 03:16 PM
Red = Alpha - Low Toque

Orange = Gamma - Mid Torque

Captain Nemo
6th December 2010, 03:21 PM
Ta MW was there another colour, blue or black or green?

backintheswing
8th December 2010, 10:31 PM
I have a RIP 70 Stiff (red eyes), which has been tipped an inch or so, in a Burner 09 TP 9.5. Have been quite impressed with it in the 2 rounds I have played with it. Good mid flight and loads of carry. Much better than the stock TP shaft that was in it. I used to hit moon balls with the stock shaft.

vman
8th December 2010, 11:57 PM
Just assembled a Geek Fail Safe 3 driver with an RIP 60 X-Stiff shaft. I have only been able to hit it inside in the net due to the rain but I will go out on a limb and suggest this is the best driver I have ever hit. If it ever stops raining, I might be able to provide better feedback but I can say that it is the most solid feeling shaft in this weight range I have tested.

vman
12th December 2010, 07:42 PM
Just assembled a Geek Fail Safe 3 driver with an RIP 60 X-Stiff shaft.
Tried this club out for the first time today. The RIP 60X ticks all the boxes. It plays quite stiff but does not feel boardy. It has the most boring trajectory and tighest dispersion of any 60 gram shaft I have used. It has all the advantages of heavier tour quality shafts but, at about 10 grams lighter, can be played at a longer length. I normally play 44.5" drivers but I am playing this at 45.25" with no apparent loss of control.

I love this shaft.

macjackass
12th December 2010, 08:08 PM
Tried this club out for the first time today. The RIP 60X ticks all the boxes. It plays quite stiff but does not feel boardy. It has the most boring trajectory and tighest dispersion of any 60 gram shaft I have used. It has all the advantages of heavier tour quality shafts but, at about 10 grams lighter, can be played at a longer length. I normally play 44.5" drivers but I am playing this at 45.25" with no apparent loss of control.

I love this shaft.

Agree on the trajectory,I didn't find the dispersion all that flash :lol: