PDA

View Full Version : WA: WA Matchplay Final - MegaWatty def Johnny Canuck 6 and 5

MegaWatty
3rd December 2010, 04:39 PM
Araluen this Thursday?

Nuffie
3rd December 2010, 04:44 PM
This would be a slobberknocker of a match. Maybe I'll have to call into work sick 8-).

TourFit
3rd December 2010, 05:11 PM
slobberknocker

:shock: WTF

Is that another Nuffism...?

Johnny Canuck
3rd December 2010, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a plan, pending any job interviews.

Both Vic and Yoss have expressed interest in attending. Not sure when Yoss returns from Thailand.

TourFit
3rd December 2010, 05:46 PM
After the surgery is deemed a success I suppose...

Nuffie
3rd December 2010, 05:47 PM
This would be a "slobberknocker" of a match.

:shock: WTF

Is that another Nuffism...?
Check this out 'Fit... :mrgreen::lol::mrgreen::lol:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?defid=317817&term=SLOBBERKNOCKER

This is one heck of a read/laugh!

Nuffie
3rd December 2010, 05:54 PM
What surgery is Yoss getting done?

Was this required because he found himself involved in a "slobberknocker?" :mrgreen:.

TourFit
3rd December 2010, 06:40 PM
What surgery is Yoss getting done?

He's gettin' boobs, I believe!

simmsy
3rd December 2010, 07:23 PM
can't believe it i've been laid out for the past 9days and will be for another 5, my first day back to work is next thursday and you decide to play the final then!

you suck!

enjoy the day lads.

simmstab -

JC - $1.55
MW - $2.80

TourFit
3rd December 2010, 07:47 PM
What odds will I get at simmstab for Mega having a shank...?

MegaWatty
3rd December 2010, 07:57 PM
Maybe on the 17th like yours last time!

TourFit
3rd December 2010, 08:07 PM
It's not always about me!

idgolfguy
3rd December 2010, 08:14 PM
Sounds like a plan, pending any job interviews.

Both Vic and Yoss have expressed interest in attending. Not sure when Yoss returns from Thailand.

I'm out for next Thursday have meetings all day as I will be closing out projects as my contract ends the week after or sooner unfortunately.

Bad for the family but good for the golf.

Golfnut
5th December 2010, 12:10 AM
Araluen this Thursday?

Any idea of time MW? Morning or midday tee off? Need to plan my week to try and fit this in.

TourFit
6th December 2010, 03:15 PM
This needs to be planned with the masses in mind...that is make an OzGolf day of it. We all enjoy the banter and updates of the final.

Oh wait, MW is in it. That'll dash any hopes of weekend play then.

Cancel that thought.

MegaWatty
6th December 2010, 03:28 PM
And you're not! ;)

TourFit
6th December 2010, 05:14 PM
I ALWAYS LOSE EARLY !!! (That's what you get for being a crap match player).

I meant the timing of possible OzGolf Day given the finalist list...

MegaWatty
6th December 2010, 05:54 PM
I know....Hence the ;)

;)

TourFit
7th December 2010, 11:22 AM
:smt102

MegaWatty
7th December 2010, 11:31 AM
Nut. Looking at a morning game. About 8?

JC needs to say yes though. I'm going to struggle after this week to get a game in.

Golfnut
7th December 2010, 11:03 PM
Keep the thread updated mate, I could do with a game on Thursday.

MegaWatty
7th December 2010, 11:45 PM
I don't think JC can make it. If he can't, I'll be out at Harty in the comp.

I need to shoot a 78 to get to singles before the end of the year.

Nuffie
8th December 2010, 05:24 PM

Goodluck with that mega. You need a 78 to get to a 9 hcp.

I also need a 78 this sat to reach a 5 hcp.

It seems as though spring/early summer is scoring season for us, and not just for the birds and the bees :)

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 02:14 PM
6 and 5.

solarman
9th December 2010, 02:52 PM

I need to shoot a 78 to get to 20's.:roll:

simmsy
9th December 2010, 02:52 PM
6&5 what?

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 02:56 PM
I got an early morning booty call.

simmsy
9th December 2010, 02:58 PM
What?

What?

I'm all confused.

JC gave u an early morning booty call and left u feeling like u got beaten 6&5?

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 03:10 PM
http://184.72.239.143/mu/c0947555-64ac-0d25.jpg

Dry!

simmsy
9th December 2010, 03:16 PM
How's the course lookin?

TourFit
9th December 2010, 03:22 PM
6 and 5.

WHAT !!

Is that it?? Is it all over??

And 6&5 to who??

Pretty poor communication IMO...;)

And JC's not working at the mo'...so you got the booty call 'cos his missus probably didn't respond to the early morning booty call.

He hadda do somethin' wif it!!

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 03:24 PM
How's the course lookin?

Shit!!!

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 03:26 PM
JC didn't know if he had an interview today so decided to wing it.

I even had to pick the bitch up!

simmsy
9th December 2010, 03:38 PM
so mega won?

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 06:38 PM
Where's my Merit Bar? ;)

simmsy
9th December 2010, 06:46 PM
Congrats Mega! Well done. Thank $&@k someone beat the American for once.

Was it a good game or did u both chop it up?

Bruce Dickinson
9th December 2010, 06:55 PM
Shit!!!

was it like that on all the fairways?

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 07:00 PM
I hit it pretty solid all day. Two early chip ins helped.

That fairway was in good condition compared to others! It's all but gone....again! The greens have good coverage, but they can't last much longer.

simmsy
9th December 2010, 07:04 PM
The dams got water?

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 07:04 PM
The dams got water?

Seemed to.

Ned
9th December 2010, 07:05 PM
Nice win MW.

Bad luck JC

Good boob job Yoss ?

Bruce Dickinson
9th December 2010, 07:06 PM
I hit it pretty solid all day. Two early chip ins helped.

That fairway was in good condition compared to others! It's all but gone....again! The greens have good coverage, but they can't last much longer.

congrats on the win.

looks like Araluen is in for a long summer

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys.

Araluen will be lucky to survive this summer! It's dead and full of beetles which obviously haven't helped the root system.

simmsy
9th December 2010, 07:21 PM
Can't believe they've lost it again so soon and considering we haven't had any heat yet.

Dissapointed!!!

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 07:49 PM
No rain though.

simmsy
9th December 2010, 08:00 PM
But if dams are full?

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 08:01 PM
I think they may still have quotas.

Johnny Canuck
9th December 2010, 08:40 PM
Dams are still full. The spot where my bag went under is still the same depth.

The course is atrocious compared to what it was 2 months ago.

Bunkers are filled with weeds/grass in places. Fairways are sandy in a lot of spots. I would be scared to see what it looks like after one more heat wave.

It's a strange place. The fairways are like hay, except for where every second sprinkler is leaking.

Mega played well and wouldn't let me capitalise on anything.

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 10:40 PM
Anyone hit a shank today?

Johnny Canuck
9th December 2010, 11:12 PM
close, arguably close.

MegaWatty
9th December 2010, 11:23 PM
You told me yourself. I didn't see it. I also gave you the opportunity to bail out of the call and you struggled to tell me it wasn't.

It was a tough walk today! The Becks is going well.

Johnny Canuck
9th December 2010, 11:59 PM
I said it was close. It went more too forward to be considered a shank of your proportions.

The Boag's went very well all afternoon and helped me put up the Christmas lights.

simmsy
10th December 2010, 12:05 AM
If there was any lateral movement of the ball immediately upon striking the ball with the club, it is a SHANK. Sorry mate but u sir are a shanka.

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 12:08 AM
Ready for a hole by hole JC?

1. I told JC that I am renowned for hitting cold tops off 1 @ Araluen.

I hit a good shot right but make bogey.

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 12:21 AM
It's ok. We only need to go through 13 holes. ;)

Golfnut
10th December 2010, 12:47 AM
Well done Mega!!!......I'm just happy to say I was beaten by the guy who took out the MP for 2010 :D

Excellent win.....you must have been hitting it really well today to take out such a seasoned campaigner......hard luck JC.

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks 'nut. Sorry you couldn't be there. It was a last minute thing.

Course was well worth missing though!!!

Golfnut
10th December 2010, 12:57 AM
No probs mate......was for the best anyway, had heaps of cr@p to sort out today.

Shame the course goes to poo poo so easily this time of the year.......My brother's actually got a 4 ball with carts "freebee" for out there, looks like we'll be using it sometime next year now. :roll:

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 12:59 AM
Yup. Save that freebie for the rain! It'd look amazing if we had the rain that the east coast is having!

Golfnut
10th December 2010, 01:03 AM
Indeed..........it's a tragedy what's going on out there, it's such a cracking course.

simmsy
10th December 2010, 01:03 AM
Nut pm sent.

Golfnut
10th December 2010, 01:19 AM
Cheers simmsy........having a think about it.....not really after new irons atm, shafts yes........I only piped up when those CB2's came up cause their so purdy.

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 08:55 AM
JC may be on the hunt for CB2s soon. He seemed to like the KBS combo.

simmsy
10th December 2010, 09:16 AM
And after the result yesty maybe it indicates that his X-forged are too much club for him;)....

TourFit
10th December 2010, 01:42 PM

It's ok. We only need to go through 13 holes. ;)

:smt038:smt038:smt038

That's the spirit. Give the Yank heaps!!

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 11:09 PM

1. I told JC that I am renowned for hitting cold tops off 1 @ Araluen.

I hit a good shot right but make bogey.

Anyway, I was hoping JC may have joined in and we could go through it hole by hole, but basically, he was the one that hit the cold top and proceeded to make PAR. Hole squared.

Maybe he'll want to talk about the shot he hit into 3. :)

simmsy
10th December 2010, 11:22 PM
He has been very quiet hasn't he.

Had a look at ur 9064 today very sweet stick. May even sit a shade open.

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 11:24 PM
Open = Delightful!

Yummy!

Yossarian
10th December 2010, 11:28 PM
Goes well?

AndyP
10th December 2010, 11:30 PM
Where's the rundown?

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 11:38 PM
Was trying to get JC on board to do a 1+1 hole by hole run down.

I guess I'll do it.

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 11:39 PM
Goes well?

Hopefully Simmsy doesn't know the answer to that. I haven't got it yet!

simmsy
10th December 2010, 11:46 PM
No haven't hit it. Looks great though. Very similar to 9032 but a bit deeper face nearer the toe.

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 11:49 PM
OK. Here goes.

1st Par 5 - I hit a drive right and am nicely blocked by 'Roger's Tree'. Leave my pitch short and discovered the slowness of the greens to make bogey. JC hits a cold top then something really fat followed by another 3 wood, chip and a putt for Par. Hole squared thanks to me getting a shot.

2nd Par 4 - JC hits a shank whilst I'm not watching off the tee. He looks at me and admits it, then tries to get out of it. We head into snake territory and I eventually find his ball as his about to give up. He was in the gravel so pulled his dirty old King Cobra out and knocked it deeper into the hazard. I hit the fairway and knocked my second just short. Didn't matter. MW 1up.

3rd Par 4 - I hit 3 wood up the left hand side of the fairway. JC hits his driver and sort of gets a break after heading into the bushes but finding a tree hard. He left himself behind a tree and proceeds to hit possibly the shot of the day. A cut hybrid along the ground, around the bunkers and onto the green. I hit my approach off the toe short. Hit my lobby thin over the green leaving myself a dainty downhill chip to a very short pin. JC putts first and tops his putt leaving about 15 ft. I chip in. He misses his par. MW 2up.

Johnny Canuck
10th December 2010, 11:54 PM
I think I should mention that I immediately threw my putter further in the air on the 3rd than the actual distance that the putt travelled.

Great way to follow up the best shot that I have hit in months.

You should have mentioned that it took me driver, 3 wood just to get to your drive on 1.

MegaWatty
10th December 2010, 11:55 PM
4th Par 3 - We both make regulation pars. MW 2up.

5th Par 4 - I hit my drive up the middle. JC cuts his into the bushes right and chips out to my ball. His approach hits the green long left. I hit my 6 iron to about 8ft. JC almost snakes a putt from 20ft down hill and breaking hard, but it hits the hole and shoots out fast. 3 putt to my 2 putt. MW 3up.

6th Par 4 - Both drive right, me just in the bushes. JC hits his approach that looked like it hit and held the green but ended up just off. I grab the Araluen stick and hit a great shot but too hard. Well over the green and down in the rocks. Risking my TF wedge, I have a go, but end up in the bunker. Hole out for 6, JC 5. Hole squared on handicap. MW 3up.

MegaWatty
11th December 2010, 12:01 AM
7th Par 3 - 190m to the pin. I take 5 iron and it looks all over it. Hits the green long and bounces over into Simmsy Land. JC changes club but hits the bunker right. Tough shot when then pin is deep left. I again risk a TF wedge and realize that my ball was sitting on rock. It flies over the green to about 12 feet from the pin. I knock the putt from off the green in. JC makes 4. MW 4up.

8th Par 5 - Both get good drives away. Both leak 2nd right. JC makes par. Me bogey. Hold halved on handicap. MW 4up.

9th Par 4 - I hit a 5 iron hook. JC straight down the hill. I have to hit a wedge to the bottom of the hill. JC hits his approach high to a left middle pin and 3 jacks for 5. I 2 putt for the half. MW 4up.

Johnny Canuck
11th December 2010, 12:02 AM
4th Par 3 - We both make regulation pars. MW 2up.

5th Par 4 - I hit my drive up the middle. JC cuts his into the bushes right and chips out to my ball. His approach hits the green long left. I hit my 6 iron to about 8ft. JC almost snakes a putt from 20ft down hill and breaking hard, but it hits the hole and shoots out fast. 3 putt to my 2 putt. MW 3up.

6th Par 4 - Both drive right, me just in the bushes. JC hits his approach that looked like it hit and held the green but ended up just off. I grab the Araluen stick and hit a great shot but too hard. Well over the green and down in the rocks. Risking my TF wedge, I have a go, but end up in the bunker. Hole out for 6, JC 5. Hole squared on handicap. MW 3up.

Hole 5 was at least 30 feet. Having that lip out crushed me. You had the hole won as you got a shot. I didn't put too much effort into my second putt as the hole was completed. Robbed.

Hole 6 - you made a sweet sandy. I swore my ball had stopped rolling and was on the green. I was amazed when I pulled out my range finder and I was 34 yards from the pin after rolling off the green. Goat track :)

Johnny Canuck
11th December 2010, 12:06 AM
7th Par 3 - 190m to the pin. I take 5 iron and it looks all over it. Hits the green long and bounces over into Simmsy Land. JC changes club but hits the bunker right. Tough shot when then pin is deep left. I again risk a TF wedge and realize that my ball was sitting on rock. It flies over the green to about 12 feet from the pin. I knock the putt from off the green in. JC makes 4. MW 4up.

8th Par 5 - Both get good drives away. Both leak 2nd right. JC makes par. Me bogey. Hold halved on handicap. MW 4up.

9th Par 4 - I hit a 5 iron hook. JC straight down the hill. I have to hit a wedge to the bottom of the hill. JC hits his approach high to a left middle pin and 3 jacks for 5. I 2 putt for the half. MW 4up.

7 - your tee shot looked awesome. Ended up being about 30m long.
8 - I should have birdied, poor effort on my 3rd.
9 - missed my putt a foot too far left and as a result, ended up about 12 feet away. Terrible.

MegaWatty
11th December 2010, 12:07 AM
We both stop for a roll made of cardboard and possibly in the fridge from the day before.

10th Par 4 - Both regulation par 4s. Me from the right, JC from the left. MW 4up.

11th Par 5 - I hit my drive long and straight, JC hits a hook into the bunker then lays up to about 130m. I hit a 5 iron onto the green and make birdie. JC made par. MW 5up.

12th Par 3 - Knock my 5 iron to about 12ft. JC left of the green. He pulls out one of his famous tight lie pitches to about 3 feet. Both make par. MW 5up.

13th Par 4 - Hit my drive to left on the fairway, JC a little more left. His second looked like it was on the green left but finished in the bunker. I knock my 7 iron to 8ft. JC goes for gold out of the bunker and ends up over the green. With a shot on the hole it was all but finished. I lipped out for bird and made par. MW 6/5.

Johnny Canuck
11th December 2010, 12:18 AM
We both stop for a roll made of cardboard and possibly in the fridge from the day before.

10th Par 4 - Both regulation par 4s. Me from the right, JC from the left. MW 4up.

11th Par 5 - I hit my drive long and straight, JC hits a hook into the bunker then lays up to about 130m. I hit a 5 iron onto the green and make birdie. JC made par. MW 5up.

12th Par 3 - Knock my 5 iron to about 12ft. JC left of the green. He pulls out one of his famous tight lie pitches to about 3 feet. Both make par. MW 5up.

13th Par 4 - Hit my drive to left on the fairway, JC a little more left. His second looked like it was on the green left but finished in the bunker. I knock my 7 iron to 8ft. JC goes for gold out of the bunker and ends up over the green. With a shot on the hole it was all but finished. I lipped out for bird and made par. MW 6/5.

The rolls were at least 3 days old. My jaw hurts like Yoss' after a long Friday night.

11 - you should mention that you left your eagle putt 12 feet short and left.

I want your irons.

MegaWatty
11th December 2010, 12:25 AM
http://shop.ebay.com.au/i.html?LH_PrefLoc=2&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C 72%253A2392&rt=nc&_nkw=Adams+cb2&_dmpt=AU_Sport_Golf_Equipment&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

simmsy
11th December 2010, 12:32 AM
It sounds like it was rather forgettable final lads. Thx for the wrap though.

JC if u buy some cb2's buy them in reg shaft I'll buy them off u.

My peoples will call ur people.

MegaWatty
11th December 2010, 12:43 AM
Forgettable? Jees thanks!

You'll buy the shafts or the bats off him?

simmsy
11th December 2010, 12:48 AM
Well I'm assuming he'll like the bats but wanna put some "real" shafts in them. So I'll take the kbs90 from him or maybe Nut will want them.
I would lime the smoother feel of the kbs but they reckon they launch higher than the dgsl

Johnny Canuck
11th December 2010, 01:04 AM
Forgettable? Jees thanks!

You'll buy the shafts or the bats off him?

It's only forgettable because he's old and was eliminated in 2009.

simmsy
11th December 2010, 01:10 AM
Haha. P!ss off ya cheeky prick.

So when ya buying the cb2?

Chees'n'kisses know yet?

Johnny Canuck
11th December 2010, 01:55 AM
not buying anything until i can land a job.

TourFit
11th December 2010, 09:49 AM
not buying anything until i can get a hand a job.

Fixed...

My peoples will call ur people.

Hmmmm...

TourFit
11th December 2010, 09:53 AM
...Well over the green and down in the rocks. Risking my TF wedge, I have a go, but end up in the bunker.

Hits the green long and bounces over into Simmsy Land... I again risk a TF wedge and realize that my ball was sitting on rock.

Shoulda risked the Adams...at least they are replaceable in the short term !! The TourFit's ARE NOT...at least for a while!

MegaWatty
11th December 2010, 09:56 AM
They survived.

Probably should have rushed the Wilson Ultra Araluen stick.

Pieface
13th December 2010, 10:11 AM
...been caught up in the cookie kerfuffle

Nice work Mega, congratulations. 2010 must be the year of the Ranga. First Julia and now this!

Could this be the first crack in the Canuck's facade? How will he come back for his next Ozgolf outing?!

The course looked to be on it's way to appalling. It's a real shame that the conditioniong is not maintained once it heats up.

Nuffie
13th December 2010, 11:29 AM
Fantastic work Mega and very well played!

6 and 5 is a big win against a player of JC's callibre, track record in match play and in ozgolf.

We have now BOTH beaten the Canuck once, only your win was much more convincing and emphatic.

It appears all that rovolving what's in the bag activity - has now paid off for you.

Not only that, you have been hitting the ball well for quite a few months.

When I get a chance, I'll have a read at the hole by hole stuff.

It was a shame about the course, sounds like I'll have to wait until next september now before I go near Araluen again.

Very good work, MW :smt023:smt038

Nuff.

MegaWatty
13th December 2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks Pie and Nuff.

I was waiting for the epic post. :)

Where's my trophy? ;)

Yossarian
13th December 2010, 10:17 PM
Is a rovolving like a volvo crossed with a rover crossed with a German wing?

MegaWatty
13th December 2010, 10:22 PM
My bags lasted close to 2 months without change! I've found a nice setup.

There is a 9064 waiting though...

MegaWatty
13th December 2010, 10:24 PM
Is a rovolving like a volvo crossed with a rover crossed with a German wing?

http://184.72.239.143/mu/792df9d5-1073-88c7.jpg

Yossarian
13th December 2010, 10:25 PM
Mmm vovo

Golfnut
13th December 2010, 11:04 PM
Iced Vo Vo

MegaWatty
13th December 2010, 11:05 PM
You're welcome.

mike
19th May 2011, 12:50 PM
My brother just loves Iced Vovos. You can't buy them in Europe. He spent 12 years there and we often sent some over to him.

Johnny Canuck
19th May 2011, 12:54 PM
I had to google them, but they are tasty.

TourFit
19th May 2011, 05:19 PM
Shouldn't you have eaten them...?

MegaWatty
19th May 2011, 05:20 PM
Shouldn't you have eaten them...?

Clearly you left him none!

TourFit
19th May 2011, 06:30 PM
You are SO on fire today...

Oh wait...you're always that colour!

Yossarian
18th December 2011, 10:59 PM
WHAT !!

Is that it?? Is it all over??

Pretty poor communication IMO...;)

TourFit
18th December 2011, 11:17 PM
So if it's alright for some then it's alright for others, right?

Yossarian
18th December 2011, 11:24 PM
They gave notice, no one was available. They also let us know the result and how the day unfolded.

TourFit
19th December 2011, 12:05 PM
Well...I always had the intention of letting you guys know how it unfolded!

I just wanted Veeman to post up before I went on & on & on.

(Plus, making you buggers sweat a little was almost as much fun as winning it!)