PDA

View Full Version : WA: Summer Cup 2010, Royal Fremantle - Sunday 5th December (12:30pm shotgun start)

Nuffie
30th November 2010, 05:33 PM
Bring it on RFGC. Here's the final list of WA Oz-Golf representatives:

1. Idgolfguy (17)
2. NUFFIETHEGOLFMAN (6)
3. Johnny Canuck (5)
4. Hocko (7)

Veefore
30th November 2010, 06:53 PM
I would have loved to play but will be installing an air conditioner and spray booth into my shed on sunday. :(

Nuffie
30th November 2010, 07:25 PM
I would have loved to play but will be installing an air conditioner and spray booth into my shed on sunday. :(

Air conditioner being installed for the shed? And a spray booth? Sounds like you must have a few ventures on the go for this summer V.

hocko
30th November 2010, 08:36 PM
Currently, the 5th tee is reserved under my name:

So far we have:

1. Idgolfguy
2. Nuffie
3. ?
4. ?

There are still two spots up for grabs in this group and it can only remain reserved until tomorrow.

Its only $12 to play in this event :smt038!

So, let us know asap if any of you OZzie WAnkers out there would like to play Royal Freo. Or contact the club office at 9335 3866 between 9am-4.30pm to register, with your golflink number (in the 5th tee's group). Most of the other tee/green groupings are almost full.

Still amazed at the price (it was originally $50 to play in this but is now reduced as dinner afterwards has been cancelled - due to lack of interest apparently).

I'm in Nuff.

Veefore
30th November 2010, 10:57 PM
Air conditioner being installed for the shed? And a spray booth? Sounds like you must have a few ventures on the go for this summer V.
At the moment I'm doing a paint job on an old Suzuki Katana.
Next job is a refinish on my putter.

Nuffie
1st December 2010, 12:27 AM
At the moment I'm doing a paint job on an old Suzuki Katana.
Next job is a refinish on my putter.

Wow that's a kewl bike! It's gonna look great when you've finished it, then zeus might wanna buy it off ya :)

That putter of yours is lovely, what sort of finish will it be?

Next year I might get another scotty, I like Idgolfguy's Newport (the newer one with the two weights in it).

Veefore
1st December 2010, 12:39 AM
I will probably go with the Plum Brown gun finish again. It is unique and I like it.

I do have some black gun "blue" as well so I could go either way. Then it is just deciding on colours for the paint fill. That I definitely haven't decided on yet.

I won't paint or plate the whole thing though.

Johnny Canuck
1st December 2010, 02:36 AM
I'm in to take Hocko's money.

Nuffie
1st December 2010, 10:57 AM
Sweet, I'll ring up this morning to lock us all in...

Also, hope you guys dont mind me bringing along the transistor radio, as the 2nd test at Adelaide will be in full swing - day 3.

It will prob give us something to keep us amused, whilst we wait on every tee/green to play our shots (hopefully not every one).

Lets hope it wont be too slow a-round, but it might being a summer cup (I think its stroke too, will find out).

Should be a top day, it's a very enjoyable course to play and it should be in great cond.

Hopefully the 12.30pm hitoff will give me a good chance to sober up, from a big function on Sat night at Burswood. We are staying there afterwards at the Holiday Inn, so least its only a short walk (or stagger/stumble) to bed from the main ballroom :).

hocko
1st December 2010, 11:11 AM
I'm in to take Hocko's money.

You're dreamin' canuck.

Nuffie
1st December 2010, 11:20 AM
It's gonna be an interesting battle between both you and JC, each of you are starting to find your old games again.

As a matter of fact, all three of us have been playing well, and maybe we can spur on Id to shoot a good one also...

As for myself, I'll require a 6 over round or better to reach a 5 hcp. But will be trying not to dwell on this too much.

In the past, getting caught up in the numbers game has brought me unstuck and have learnt from that lesson the hard way.

hocko
1st December 2010, 11:23 AM
I don't even bother running numbers through my head....concentrate on what you are doing and what will be will be.
As long as i enjoy my day i don't give a toss what the outcome is.

Nuffie
1st December 2010, 12:49 PM
I don't even bother running numbers through my head....concentrate on what you are doing and what will be will be.
As long as i enjoy my day i don't give a toss what the outcome is.

Spot on there Hocko, I'll try and take a leaf out of your book - that is the exact mentality a low marker needs to have...

BTW we are all locked in now and it's a par event - least that should help keep the field moving and keep big numbers off our cards. So we have...

1. The 'computer' man with the fast car (chick magnet), and with a good score just around the corner: Idgolfguy (17)
2. The 'little elf/smurf' man on a mission: NUFFIETHEGOLFMAN (6)
3. The 'Canadian' man that always likes a good old' punt to make himself rise to the moment at hand: Johnny Canuck (5)
4. AND the 'lanky' man looking to maintain his good merry form of late from MGGC (how did he hit a hybrid off the tee OB on the 1st at Hartfield? I'll never know...) - Hocko (7)

United we stand... bring it on RFGC...8-).

Johnny Canuck
1st December 2010, 01:23 PM
As long as I can't hear the radio when I am getting ready to play a shot, I'm fine with it.

Nuffie
1st December 2010, 01:40 PM
As long as I can't hear the radio when I am getting ready to play a shot, I'm fine with it.

No worries at all, the volume will be maintained at a "level" low enough, such that only smurfs can hear it :wink:.

TourFit
1st December 2010, 02:52 PM
1. The 'computer' man with the fast car (chick magnet), and with a good score just around the corner: Idgolfguy (17)
2. The 'little elf/smurf' man on a mission: NUFFIETHEGOLFMAN (6)
3. The 'Canadian' man that always likes a good old' punt to make himself rise to the moment at hand: Johnny Canuck (5)
4. AND the 'lanky' man looking to maintain his good merry form of late from MGGC (how did he hit a hybrid off the tee OB on the 1st at Hartfield? I'll never know...) - Hocko (7)

More like two midgets (one black & tubby, the other a jockey)...

...and two skinny strings of seagull shit (one that talks funny, and the other with no arse!).

hocko
1st December 2010, 03:14 PM
You can't say "black"?
And your just jelous that you don't have an ass like a ten year old boy like i do!

TourFit
1st December 2010, 03:47 PM
And your just jelous that you don't have an ass like a ten year old boy like i do!

:smt104...erm!

And why can't I say black? Have you SEEN idg??? (And it is not meant in ANY way to be a derogatory remark, I know it...and he'll know it too)

Nuffie
1st December 2010, 05:37 PM

And why can't I say black? Have you SEEN idg??? (And it is not meant in ANY way to be a derogatory remark, I know it...and he'll know it too)

I like his avatar, he actually reminds me of the chef on South Park - Mr. Family Man :lol:

"Eelloooo dere childrens, lol"

Was that guy that played "the chef" in South Park the same dude that sang that classic "Old Man River" song???

You might know this one 'Fit? Heard that song for the first time in Year 11 english class...

Damn....his voice was bl00dy deep. Mine's like a seagull's compared to it!

hocko
1st December 2010, 05:43 PM
I like his avatar, he actually reminds me of the chef on South Park - Mr. Family Man :lol:

"Eelloooo dere childrens, lol"

Was that guy that played "the chef" in South Park the same dude that sang that classic "Old Man River" song???

You might know this 'Fit?

Damn....his voice was bl00dy deep. Mine's like a seagull's compared to a Seagull

Fixed.

hocko
1st December 2010, 05:47 PM

We all know it Fit....

Nuffie
1st December 2010, 05:54 PM
Fixed.

Yer ha ha ha (sqwark) (sqwark) (sqwark) :oops: - I think that's what noises seagulls make?

Well Hocko... do you remember that episode of Carl Baron? When he talks about walking down the street and bumping into some bloke that he quotes as having "no ar$e"?

Mmm... I wonder who it was he ran into??? 8-)

hocko
1st December 2010, 06:08 PM
Well Hocko... do you remember that episode of Carl Baron? When he talks about walking down the street and bumping into some bloke that he quotes as having "no ar$e"?

Nope.

Nuffie
1st December 2010, 06:18 PM
Nope.

I've got 3 of his dvd's at home. It's on one of them, I'll have to see where that is amongst the junkpile (speaking of which I still need to find that Santa hat...to wear in the christmas ambrose)

idgolfguy
1st December 2010, 07:45 PM
Chef was Issac Hayes, he wrote and sang the Theme from Shaft.

Paul Robeson sang Ole Man River. Became a communist and moved to Russia because of colour thing in the US.

idgolfguy
1st December 2010, 07:47 PM
You can't say "black"?

'Bot eez blake!'

BayBum
1st December 2010, 08:22 PM
Should be some good golfin in that lot.Im jealous.Have fun !

TourFit
2nd December 2010, 01:34 AM
'Bot eez blake!'

Lethal Weapon # Whatever. When Danny Glover wants to emigrate to South Africa...CLASSIC!

Great call idg.

Nuffie
2nd December 2010, 12:45 PM
Found out last night...that girly has given me permission to go play golf at Burswood this Saturday before Summer Cup on Sunday (as we are staying at Burswood and she actually suggested it, wow.) coz they anticipate that I might get "bored" whilst they ammuse themselves all Sat long.

So two days of weekend golf it could be... again WOOOHOOO!:smt038:mrgreen:

Does anyone else wanna play?????

Johnny Canuck
2nd December 2010, 06:38 PM
Tell the missus you're playing burswoord and then drive to harty to play medal.

idgolfguy
2nd December 2010, 06:39 PM
That is executive thinking.

Nuffie
2nd December 2010, 07:32 PM

That is executive thinking.

Well guys.... As Mr. 3:16 "Stone Cold" - Steve Austin used to say:

"Give it a hell - yeah!"

Im in. Playing with C. Austin, P. Sharp and J. Shiels at 8:09am off the 1st.

I didn't even realise it was the last Hartfield monthly mug round for the year :roll:.

BUT lets hope there's no hangover lingering from the night before :smt087.

idgolfguy
2nd December 2010, 07:48 PM
Well guys.... As Mr. 3:16 Stone Cold - Steve Austin used to say:

"Give it a hell - yeah!"

I didn't even realise it was the last Hartfield monthly mug round for the year :roll:.

Give my regards to Clint, he's an ex-Chequers member. Pretty sure he'll remember me.

Nuffie
2nd December 2010, 08:01 PM
Give my regards to Clint, he's an ex-Chequers member. Pretty sure he'll remember me.

Is he the guy you introduced me to that time, whilst we were standing near the putting green when we were warming up to play Chequers?

The one you were saying played off about a 2 or 4 hcp, and also played a bit of golf at Wanneroo?

If this was him, he looked like a very "strong" sort of a character...

idgolfguy
2nd December 2010, 08:20 PM
That's him.

simmsy
2nd December 2010, 08:26 PM
Played with him the other week. Nice bloke Nuff. Tell him u think Carlton suck and that Hayden Ballentine is much better than Mark LeCras, then run like a rabbit. It will get him going mate.

Hope u play well.

Jealous.

Veefore
2nd December 2010, 10:04 PM
Well guys.... As Mr. 3:16 "Stone Cold" - Steve Austin used to say:

"Give it a hell - yeah!"

They are a great bunch of blokes. Clunker was in the Divvy 4 team this year.

Johnny Canuck
2nd December 2010, 10:11 PM
i thought you'd join us nuff as seldom and i are a two ball a couple groups later.

simmsy
2nd December 2010, 10:48 PM
Ha! You've been ditched by Nuff!

Johnny Canuck
3rd December 2010, 12:14 AM
It'll be nice seeing Clint shoot 85.

TourFit
3rd December 2010, 12:32 AM
i thought you'd join us nuff as seldom and i are a two ball a couple groups later.

JILTED BY NUFFIE!!

Honeymoon over. That is all.

idgolfguy
3rd December 2010, 01:04 AM
Clint Austin - sounds like an action hero name.

Johnny does not have the same presence.

idgolfguy
3rd December 2010, 01:06 AM
JILTED BY NUFFIE!!

Honeymoon over. That is all.

...If this was him, he looked like a very "strong" sort of a character...

Certainly sounds like it!

dean0820
3rd December 2010, 01:31 AM
hit 'em well and enjoy lads. hope to get out on the course with you one day.

Veefore
3rd December 2010, 10:31 AM
It'll be nice seeing Clint shoot 85.

What's nice about watching someone shoot 4x their handicap?????

hocko
3rd December 2010, 10:33 AM
What's nice about watching someone shoot 4x their handicap?????

I do it pretty easily at Hartfield V4!

Veefore
3rd December 2010, 10:55 AM
I do it pretty easily anywhere at the moment too.

I'm just trying to understand JC's comment because it just comes across as spiteful to me.

Johnny Canuck
3rd December 2010, 11:07 AM

I'm just trying to understand JC's comment because it just comes across as spiteful to me.

Wow, you're a little sensitive this month.

I was referring to the fact that Clint was going to have a bad round due to Nuffie's presence. Nothing spiteful at all. How would you get that impression and why would I be spiteful towards him?

Veefore
3rd December 2010, 11:53 AM
Wow, you're a little sensitive this month.

More than you could possibly know.

I was referring to the fact that Clint was going to have a bad round due to Nuffie's presence. Nothing spiteful at all. How would you get that impression and why would I be spiteful towards him?

Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate it. I was sure it was just me not getting it. It's been happening a lot lately.

Johnny Canuck
3rd December 2010, 12:29 PM
I really thought it would have gone over Nuffie's head, not yours.

Nuffie
3rd December 2010, 12:42 PM
More than you could possibly know.

Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate it. I was sure it was just me not getting it. It's been happening a lot lately.

Its all good (V4 and JC), a simple miss-interpretation is something we all cant help sometimes. I remember when V4 cleared up one of my miss-interpretations a few months back. It's what we do as humans sometimes, when we are worked up or our minds are just not with it. It's when your mates step in and help... I would have done the same for him.

I really thought it would have gone over Nuffie's head, not yours.

It's called turning a 'deaf' ear ;).

In term's of me 'ditching' JC, that's never gonna happen, it's awesome playing (golfing - dont get any ideas now) with him and we have a great grouping locked in for this Sun.

And it's always good to integrate well in your club, particularly with good new faces and better players too - it's not only a good thing to do when your on a hot streak... it can bring others confidence and establish new friendships, and it can also help you to learn and find even more confidence! We are always learning...

Clint CAN play. I've been watching his handicap drop the last few weeks in the Hartfield results. Apparently he's very consistent and hits it a long distance. So lets wait and c...

Nuffie
3rd December 2010, 12:52 PM
Played with him the other week. Nice bloke Nuff. Tell him u think Carlton suck and that Hayden Ballentine is much better than Mark LeCras, then run like a rabbit. It will get him going mate.

Hope u play well.

Jealous.

Cheers OMS. I'll wait until I've integrated well, before telling him I support the Syd. Swans then, lol.

Then, I'll prob still have to do what smart elf's do - and find a cheaky place to hide real quick. Lucky for me, I can climb trees like a monkey ;).

I'll be sure to send my regards Vic.

simmsy
3rd December 2010, 04:06 PM

I thought u had given up golf after the LK game? U said u were getting ur clubs shipped away to a property up north.

Veefore
3rd December 2010, 04:27 PM
I did. It was the only way to stop me from constantly aggravating my back. I also needed to change some things in my life for a while.

I got my parents to bring them back last sunday. I went out for a chip and putt and played 9 with a mate who was back from Malaysia this week and it wasn't too bad. I'm going to try to play tomorrow. Soooo glad I chose a stroke round for it. :)

Nuffie
3rd December 2010, 04:41 PM

Hope u play well.

Jealous.

I did. It was the only way to stop me from constantly aggravating my back. I also needed to change some things in my life for a while.

I got my parents to bring them back last sunday. I went out for a chip and putt and played 9 with a mate who was back from Malaysia this week and it wasn't too bad. I'm going to try to play tomorrow. Soooo glad I chose a stroke round for it. :)

Gee, stroke event could suck (for your back that is). Lets hope you dont have more hits than the beatles :roll:.

OR...you might just come out all refreshed as a daisy and shot a blinder :wink:.

BTW, I replied to your WITB post from last night.

Johnny Canuck
5th December 2010, 07:19 PM
Hole 17 par 3 - 175m Nuffie slam dunk for an ace.

On a side note, Canuck gets 2 drinks as Id failed to make the ladies.

Big congrats to Nuff.

Golfnut
5th December 2010, 07:22 PM
Holy Crap!!!!!.......slam dunk as in no bounce, just pin and in?

Unreal Nuffie, congrats!

simmsy
5th December 2010, 08:28 PM
Nuffie! Virtual Hi-5s all round mate great effort. What would have made it better would of been if JC was 2" short of the cup on his T-shot.

Congrats mate.

hocko
5th December 2010, 08:47 PM
Hole 17 par 3 - 175m Nuffie slam dunk for an ace.

On a side note, Canuck gets 2 drinks as Id failed to make the ladies.

Big congrats to Nuff.

I can't believe i missed that!.

Great work nuff.....

Johnny Canuck
6th December 2010, 12:08 AM
Just a quick post to ensure that you all realise that Id failed to make the ladies immediately after Nuffie's ace.

The best and worst shots of the round, back to back.

Nuffie got to give a speech during presentations. It should be wrapping up sometime soon :).

simmsy
6th December 2010, 12:20 AM
Was wondering why we hadn't heard from Nuff.

Nuffie
6th December 2010, 12:35 AM
Just a quick post to ensure that you all realise that Id failed to make the ladies immediately after Nuffie's ace.

The best and worst shots of the round, back to back.

Nuffie made a shorter than usual speech during presentations, wrapped up surprisingly quicker than Vic and I expected. It appears he decided to let his good ace speak for itself :).

Ammended :) that's how it was, and that's how it is...

(of course excluding the use of the "S..." word at RFGC that will go down in ozgolfing folklore) :razz:

Thanks to Simmsy, Hocko, Golfnut and anyone else who has sms'd me or that I've forgotten for your best wishes. Speaking of Hocko... it was too bad he couldn't make it to see the ace. Still, it felt great having two proud witnesses.

Full credit to JC for letting be check the hole and officially remove the ball from the cup - special mention.

Thanks sincerely dude, means a lot!

hocko
6th December 2010, 12:41 AM
Nice work guys, any good scores by you lot?

MegaWatty
6th December 2010, 12:42 AM
Is ID seriously off 17? WTF is that all about?

idgolfguy
6th December 2010, 01:04 AM
Is ID seriously off 17? WTF is that all about?

I am as I am playing like the proverbial. I have had 6 lessons and I can't hit a ball straight. My 6 iron averages 135m.

Last 3 rounds, I have been playing to 17 even.

Nuffie
6th December 2010, 01:15 AM
I am as I am playing like the proverbial. I have had 6 lessons and I can't hit a ball straight. My 6 iron averages 135m.

Last 3 rounds, I have been playing to 17 even.

There was shades of the former IDGG today, some good +'s early on and a few in the middle.

JC had a few -'s, myself -1 and IDGG even.

Those greens we played today were the fastest I've putted on since playing NSW GC in November, 2003.

Nuffie
6th December 2010, 01:20 AM
BTW, how many "signs" were there on that course, saying if you did "this" or "that"...you'd be suspended?

WTF.....JC, what did that sign say near the edge of the greenside bunker on 2 that you played from???

I can't remember exactly what it said, but it had to be one the dumbest signs I've ever seen erected on a golf course, IMHO lol.

simmsy
6th December 2010, 01:23 AM
My 6 iron averages 135m.

Seriously what is wrong with that? I have to deal with that when I'm striking it well.

Johnny Canuck
6th December 2010, 04:45 AM
"Please keep off bunker tongue".

simmsy
6th December 2010, 10:30 AM
Prease exprain?

TourFit
6th December 2010, 02:29 PM
I thought that was what a bunker tongue was for...an access point INTO & OUT OF the bunker!!

Geez, they're f**ked in the head down Freo way !!!

SeldomEagles
6th December 2010, 04:13 PM
Congratulations Nuffie that is one good ace.
RFGC quick greens, very true roll. Stupid sign observation, 14th tee box telling me that I should be there in 52 minutes, not 51 not 53 and that better be for starting off 10 because no way in hell could you get though 13 holes in 52 minutes.

Nuffie
6th December 2010, 04:53 PM
Congratulations Nuffie that is one good ace.
RFGC quick greens, very true roll. Stupid sign observation, 14th tee box telling me that I should be there in 52 minutes, not 51 not 53 and that better be for starting off 10 because no way in hell could you get though 13 holes in 52 minutes.

Even if another GFC ever hits again (hopefully never), one could always gain employment as a signwriter at RFGC.

Their charge out rates must be ultra competitive...

Nuffie
6th December 2010, 04:56 PM
I thought that was what a bunker tongue was for...an access point INTO & OUT OF the bunker!!

Geez, they're f**ked in the head down Freo way !!!

+1 (but I didn't say that) ;).

BayBum
6th December 2010, 07:54 PM
Grats Nuffie ! Any ace is one to remember but a long iron in makes it just that much sweeter for us mere mortals of this wretched game :) Awesome !!!

Im moving to Freo in about 10 days or so,Sounds like i'll fit right in:lol:

hocko
6th December 2010, 08:00 PM
Grats Nuffie ! Any ace is one to remember but a long iron in makes it just that much sweeter for us mere mortals of this wretched game :) Awesome !!!

Im moving to Freo in about 10 days or so,Sounds like i'll fit right in:lol:

Come to Melville...It's cheaper and the people are nicer.

Cosmopolite
7th December 2010, 01:00 AM
congrats on your ace Nuffie

Nuffie
7th December 2010, 01:20 AM
congrats on your ace Nuffie

Thanks. Still riding high on the wave of "golfing ecstacy".

Maybe sometime by wednesday I'll start coming down again...

Pieface
7th December 2010, 11:42 AM
Missed this earlier. Congrats Nuffie! That must have been an awesome feeling.

Nuffie
7th December 2010, 06:21 PM
Missed this earlier. Congrats Nuffie! That must have been an awesome feeling.

Wasn't it what... and still is.