PDA

View Full Version : Nambour GC, Saturday June 11, 7:36a

AndyP
1st June 2005, 11:16 AM
Finally getting Jarro to have a hit at Nambour (in pen too....maybe), and it seems that A-Lo can't get enough of playing golf on the Sunshine Coast.

Guys, as discussed in the chatroom, I have currently chucked your name down on the timesheet in the group I had initially put my name in, which now makes it a full group of 4 (with some guy I don't know).

If anyone else is interested, let me know ASAP, and I'll ring the club to try and find another teetime or spot. It is Monthly Honours, and it is hard enough to get a single spot on the timesheet, let alone a full group, so I don't know what my chances will be like.

BTW this round is the day before the round with FG at Beerwah.

AndyLo
AndyP
Jarro

Jarro
1st June 2005, 02:16 PM
thanks AP, looking forward to playing a new course 8)

AndyP
1st June 2005, 02:22 PM
Looks like they have added a mini-course guide to the Nambour GC website, with some nice piccies.
Hole 5 is a doozy.
Hole 14 is my nemesis.

http://www.nambourgolfclub.com.au/course.htm

Jarro
1st June 2005, 02:31 PM
looks like a nice little track :wink:

what's so hard about the 14th :?

AndyP
1st June 2005, 02:41 PM
what's so hard about the 14th  :?
http://www.nambourgolfclub.com.au/pages/page14.htm
The OOB line is on the hole (left) side of that line of trees on the right.  
Slice, OOB.  Slice, OOB.  :cry:

On Saturday, I hit a 4I in as sweet as sweet can be.  Too sweet.  Bounced off the back.  Took a 5.   :oops:

I did par it recently after a nice rebound off the OOB trees.

In my first year as a member, I got an NTP there.   Missed the birdie putt from 80cm, with three guys standing over the hole guessing how much I was going to miss it by.  #-o

Ahhh, the memories.  ](*,)
I need some serious Dr. Bob therapy on that hole.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2005, 10:02 PM
oh yes, over the green on that hole is nasty. I seem to end up there very often.

i have always had problems with the 18th (tee shot), dunno why, cos it aint that hard.

AndyP
7th June 2005, 08:45 PM
A-Lo, jarro, will you guys be car pooling for this one? Just thought it might be a good idea for you to share a car from Jarro's area.

As I mentioned to jarro in the chatroom, I'll probably be there somewhere between 6:45am to 7:00am.
You can pay your fees in the proshop as you enter the course. The comp fee was about $19 for visitors, but I get the feeling the green fees just went up at the start of June, so $22 is more likely.

Should be a good day, and I am looking forward to sinking that birdie putt on the 14th.

markTHEblake
7th June 2005, 09:31 PM
putting your demon in your avatar will have a reverse affect. I am predicting 2 OOB and then a vicious hook left for a nasty 9.

Jarro
8th June 2005, 08:35 AM
looking forward to playing a track for the first time 8)

Jarro
9th June 2005, 09:44 AM
where did you put the directions to get there AndyP :?

A-Lo and i are planning our trip now 8)

AndyP
9th June 2005, 09:49 AM
For those coming from the south:
Follow Bruce Highway from Brisbane, and take Parklands exit (do not take the two Nambour exits as the golf course is on the northern side of Nambour). This exit takes you onto Nambour Connection Road, turn left here.
The golf club entrance will be on the right after about 500m, you may not spot the golf club until you get to the entrance.

Jarro
10th June 2005, 02:29 PM
go to bed early tonight A-Lo, we've got a big day ahead of us tomorrow :wink: :lol:

andylo
10th June 2005, 02:33 PM
I know, I am excited... hope I can sleep tonite :lol:

Jarro
10th June 2005, 02:42 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jarro
11th June 2005, 03:47 PM
thanks to AndyP and A-Lo for a most enjoyable day's golfing at Nambour .. great little course with an interesting mix of couch and 328 greens :?

i shot 83(net 71) on the par 68 track. Some really nice holes there, with tons of elevation changes ... really interesting course 8)

highlight for me in a pretty average round was birdieing the par 4 16th :D .. that and driving 250+ meters on the fly on the 18th as well :wink:

great day out.. thanks guys 8)

AndyP
12th June 2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks for coming to Nambour guys, I really enjoy hosting people there.

The course was pretty sloppy from all the rain that the coast has had, so we were losing plenty of run off our drives.  In fact, several drives got plugged in the fairway after being launched, fortunately we could play prefrerred lie through the green.
However, the weather behaved for us and was very pleasant.  A couple of light showers came after we had finished.

I decided to show the lads how to play the course and shot 74 nett 61 (par 68 ).   :shock:  \:D/

Can't quite recall Mr. Lo's score but the order won't change:

1.  AndyP  nett 61
2.  jarro    nett 71
3.  A-Lo    nett 74 (?)

great little course with an interesting mix of couch and 328 greens :?
I knew the greens were different, but it's never been something I've taken that much notice of.

Some really nice holes there, with tons of elevation changes
It's great watching your T-shots launch off into space, isn't it?  :)

.. that and driving 250+ meters on the fly on the 18th as well  :wink:
Sorry to burst your bubble, jarro, but the 18th is 322m, and not 357m, as A-lo stated.  Still, 220m on the fly, over the palm ;), uphill, is a good hit.[/quote]

Happy to host anyone else there in the future.  :D

Jarro
12th June 2005, 10:25 AM
nice win too AndyP .... just read the results in the paper =D>

terryand
12th June 2005, 10:31 AM
Great shootin AP =D>

Do we have a mud lark in our midst :smt017

Good result in heavy conditions :smt023

Terry.

AndyP
12th June 2005, 10:44 AM
nice win too AndyP .... just read the results in the paper =D>
Woohooooo! :D :D :D \:D/
Hadn't got the paper yet.

Do we have a mud lark in our midst :smt017

Good result in heavy conditions :smt023
You may recall that when amanda was up here last year, we made a Sunshine Coast "circuit" of it, and it was extremely wet that weekend. I also played very well that weekend too.
Perhaps there is something to your observation. :-k

I was thinking that Bribie was a bit dry for my liking. :wink:

terryand
12th June 2005, 10:47 AM
Mental note to self, just in cause I we meet again next year in the matchplay :-k

Terry.

markTHEblake
12th June 2005, 02:43 PM
So is this the first time you broke 80 at home Andy?
good stuff regardless

AndyP
12th June 2005, 08:33 PM
So is this the first time you broke 80 at home Andy?
Nah, passed that mental barrier a while ago. Third time in single comp, and a couple of other times from either matchplay or 4-ball. However, this time I flogged it.

markTHEblake
12th June 2005, 09:35 PM
now all ya gotta do is break 70....

Eag's
12th June 2005, 09:41 PM
Well done AndyP =D>
Down to 11 I see as well :smt023

AndyP
12th June 2005, 09:41 PM
now all ya gotta do is break 70....
:shock:
Anyone know of a local par 60 course that I can have a crack at?

AndyP
12th June 2005, 09:44 PM
Well done AndyP  =D>
Down to 11 I see as well  :smt023
Thanks Eag's.  
It's always been a mini-goal to get past jarro. ;)

markTHEblake
13th June 2005, 09:54 AM
you didnt tell us how you handled your demon hole?

i tried to give Jarro some tips to psych you out, but maybe he ended up in the graveyard instead 8)

AndyP
13th June 2005, 10:02 AM
you didnt tell us how you handled your demon hole?
Pretty much the same as last time.  Beautifully struck 4I off the tee straight at it, but instead of going off the back, this time I fell short of the green.  Narrowly missed getting up & down, easy 4.
Hitting it well off the tee, just making the wrong decision with the club.

You probably psyched jarro out instead.  He ended up waaayyy left.

It was A-Lo's hole for the day though.  Put his ball to a few metres of the pin, and we marked his name down for C grade NTP.  Don't know if it held, but it was a good chance of doing so.

amanda
14th June 2005, 02:17 PM
Must be something about the area - it knows when you're bringing visitors and it pours!

AndyP - congrats on the win :)