PDA

View Full Version : Good high compresson ball

bdoug10
23rd November 2010, 08:49 PM
With out wanting to start a "Use PROV1 there the best" thread.
just want to know some advice on the range out there for high compresson balls or a ball to suit 25-28 hcp

henno
23rd November 2010, 09:07 PM
25-28 handicap? As long as it's white and round you should be fine.

And why do you need a high compression ball?

mike
23rd November 2010, 09:10 PM
Have you had your swing speed checked?

Dotty
23rd November 2010, 09:16 PM
Anything by Srixon would be fine. :)

I use AD333 for straightness, but sometimes swap to SoftFeel, if I'm getting too much run on the greens.

Yossarian
23rd November 2010, 09:17 PM
Soft feel.

Or those wilson balls.

Or Ultras.

Tongueboy
23rd November 2010, 09:19 PM
spalding rocket, penfold aces,wilson ultras, DDH 500s

Dotty
23rd November 2010, 09:36 PM
spalding rocket, penfold aces,wilson ultras, DDH 500s
You left off Hot Dot, B51 and KMart's own Tru-Flite.

golfbound
23rd November 2010, 09:41 PM
I like the Callaway Warbird Plus balls I have a club speed in 102MPH tested last week and play off 23 ATM however i have just received a box of Vision Balls to try out really looking forward to them.

henno
23rd November 2010, 09:45 PM
What yoss said. Wilson zips are a good ball.

dave1
24th November 2010, 01:37 AM
My thinking is this

most high hadicappers dont hit many greens, if they did they wouldn't be high markers...so it means high markers will hit pleanty of pitch and chip shots....

ok so get a ball that stays relatively straight off the big dog and stops ok

in no order

Bridgestone e-6
Callway hx hot or hx bite as I think its called now
Titleist NXT tour
srixon tri speed and srixon ad333
Brisdgeston RXS (softer but for slower swing speeds - jury out on that slower swing speeds stuff)
Nike one black...again softer ball but plays pretty frm yet stops ok
TM burner LDP
Precept Laddie
Nike powewrsoft

any of those will do the trick

bdoug10
24th November 2010, 08:07 AM
thanks guys no havent had my ss checked, and i was reading somewhere that high comp balls are better suited to high markers

Golfnut
24th November 2010, 11:59 PM
Is distance an issue bdoug10?

I went through this process about 6 months ago or so, after trying heaps of different balls out I ended up choosing the Precept Laddie X especially for longer courses....seriously long off everything (at least 1-2 clubs longer off irons and 20m off the big dog) yet does not feel like a rock like a lot of the distance balls can and believe it or not a well struck approach will stop fairly well on a soft green. Short game chipping is probably it's weak point but it putts quite nicely. Also, it is very straight off the driver and fairways. I normally play higher end balls like Srixon Z-star or TM Burner TP but I'm stuggling with distance atm so this ball suits me extremely well right now.......they are also excellent in windy conditions.

And now for the best part......they are around $18 per dozen!!!! Some outlets sell them in 2 dozen boxes for under $30........Brilliant.

TourFit
25th November 2010, 12:06 AM
However, like the Wilson Zip they are LOW compression balls!!!

Golfnut
25th November 2010, 12:10 AM
I'm thinking he's probably after a ball that compresses well rather than a high comp ball.....but I could be wrong.

simmsy
25th November 2010, 12:51 AM
I reckon the Vision GelCoat is really good for high markers. Very straight off the driver and excellent distance.