PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 30th May

McMw
31st May 2005, 12:54 AM
unplanned game...but golf's golf!!! :D

took out the nike ignite 8.5 stiff for a trial run...
smacked the first drive great, was looking forward to a great partnership...only to be let down on the last 2 drives...
that "stiff" shaft is such a joke... :roll:

finished 38 for the 9...not really impressed...but heck of a lot better than yesterday's effort... 8)

andylo
31st May 2005, 08:31 AM
New swing start to get into 2nd gear and I thought I can swing just a little harder... WRONG!!! :evil:

As soon as I turn a little faster I start pushing the ball, longer the club the worst it is... maybe my arm just too lazy or maybe I just turn a little too quick. Slow down everything a little and things come back in sync. again.

Doing the VJ Singh drill, put couple of gloves under my arm and do a full swing without dropping them. Hope it will turns out alright.

Fishman Dan
31st May 2005, 09:59 AM
As soon as I turn a little faster I start pushing the ball, longer the club the worst it is... maybe my arm just too lazy or maybe I just turn a little too quick. Slow down everything a little and things come back in sync. again.

Maybe the shaft you are using is just a little too stiff for you? :?

andylo
31st May 2005, 11:09 AM
Awww... man... should I start a sledge or not... :?

Fishman Dan
31st May 2005, 11:22 AM
Awww... man... should I start a sledge or not...  :?

Sledge? That's an honest opinion Mr Lo. 8)

Perhaps if Ben was to say it you might listen a little more intently ;)

McMw
31st May 2005, 10:40 PM
public hol today...went across the border for a game...

birdied the 1st, 3rd, 5th to be 2 under after 5...
pity doubled the 6th, and bogey 8th (after OOBs 2nd shot)...
birdied the 10th, bogeyed 14th and 15th, and missed should-have-birds on 17 and 18... :(

overall, shot a PB of 74 (+2)...so happy with that!!! :D

Virgal_Tracy
1st June 2005, 08:36 AM
The game at Riverside Oaks on Sunday has ended up being even better for me. Starting on the back 9 had 2 pars to begin with had another 2 and a wipe for 20pts.

Front 9 was friendly but did not play as well. Finished with 16pts including 2 wipes in the last 3 holes for a total of 36pts on a day when the greens were treacherous.

Was lucky to beat Trung in the matchplay as he had an off day on his second shots into the green.

Didn't realise how tough R.O. was playing until Golflink results came in this morning and it played to a CCR of 75. Knocked another 1.2 off of the h'cap to a new low of 18.9. I'm setting out to chase Trungie in the most improved now

Jarro
1st June 2005, 04:26 PM
38 points at Nudgee today.

Ona
1st June 2005, 05:42 PM
PB, nice one Mau :D

Flowergirl
2nd June 2005, 09:13 AM
Monthly medal yesterday in fine but cold ( brr) conditions.
46 front
44 back
90 gross 70 nett CCR68
Bit of a stiff back and new swing put a few tee shots all over the shop but recovered reasonably well.
NOT ONE THREE PUTT.......YEA....( thanks Dr. Bob)
Still waiting- patiently - for that goddam handicap drop. :shock:

Our Club Champion from last week set a new course record yesterday - our course was changed 2 years ago. She was off 13 and shot a very nice 78 ( par is 71). Very happy for her - great chick!

markTHEblake
2nd June 2005, 10:08 PM
After 26 years of aiming at the hole - got one right for the first time ever!
5 iron from about 165m into the hole for a eagle 2, on the 16th at Emerald Lakes, and from a real bad lie, and index 1 as well. I havent even birdied that hole for years, in fact it might have only been once.

Also a bit of excitement earlier in the day i had a nice 3pointer on the par 5 6th hole (our index 2.) Nothing flash about that, but i did hit my tee shot Out of bounds. I am still not sure whether i should have been happy about that or not. In the end i decided to be happy, as i usually make 6 there.

AndyP
3rd June 2005, 07:59 AM
That's some nice work, Blakey. I'd love to sink one from 165m.

Isn't your overall score worth reporting?

amanda
3rd June 2005, 09:01 AM
Great stuff Blakey! (and those DVDs came in the post the other day)

mike
3rd June 2005, 09:39 AM
Also a bit of excitement earlier in the day i had a nice 3pointer on the par 5 6th hole (our index 2.)  Nothing flash about that, but i did hit my tee shot Out of bounds.  .

Did you eagle the hole with your second ball ?

Ona
3rd June 2005, 07:39 PM
played on a real course today :D with my old man :-k Clifton Springs is much better than 5 years ago when last I played it, very nice track by my standards, helps that we had NOBODY in front of or behind us the entire time :shock:

anyways, it's hard to score well from the s#$% on the left pull draws off the tee cost many a shot over the front nine. Had, what I want to be my stock shot, a gentle fade going on the back and finally got to play off the beautiful fairways, or the fine first cut. If I hadn't doubled the 10th after a push slice drive two fairways offline, I would have had the back by the balls. U/D's were much simpler on the back due to not being seven fairways to the left, so had a very nice 13 putts

43(34) + 38(37) = 81(71)

1 + 3 = 4/13 fairways :cry:
2 + 4 = 6 GIR
17 + 13 = 30 putts

One day I will be a member of a track thats as enjoyable to play as this one.. I hope :(

McMw
3rd June 2005, 11:14 PM
played 9....parred the first 8 holes, duffed a chip on the 9th, burnt the edge on the par putt...
11 putts... :D

markTHEblake
3rd June 2005, 11:30 PM
Isn't your overall score worth reporting?

Nope. but 1 in 10,000 moments are.

drunken
4th June 2005, 01:13 PM
Played Monthly Medal today. Extreme back markers & some of the most hideous pin positions I've ever seen at Ballina.

Front 9 - 49 (Par 35)
Back 9 - 43 (Par 37)

Total - 92 Gross, 71 Nett

Hit Driver & 3 wood as well as I've ever hit them, but the irons were :smt078

Fairly happy with the 8 shot turnaround on the backside though.

Grunt
4th June 2005, 03:45 PM
Played Mac Grange today, scrappy round; 97 gross, 73 nett, 33 points. :roll:

Can see the light at the end of the tunnel; just hope it is not a train coming to flatten me. :?

Going to play Cumberland this week, that is one of our pennants opponents, and have another lesson, the swing rebuild is happening slowly.

Then it will be a short break until The Glades on 17th June.

oz
4th June 2005, 04:36 PM
Stableford comp at Thurgoona today. My first outing with the Acer XDS2 Pros & Cleveland rusty wedges. 40 points (74 scratch) in bitterly cold weather. Happy with the first round wth the new weapons. :)

Trung
4th June 2005, 04:44 PM
88 Monthly Medal today 8)

McMw
4th June 2005, 08:03 PM
one of those days...
bogeyed the first...then had hat-trick of birds from 4 onwards, to finish 2 under the card for the front nine... YES SIR!!!

bogeyed 10 from a 3jack, bogeyed 12, doubled 13 with a 3jack, bogeyed 14 after a drive that only left me 100yards and bogeyed 17 after going for the green (ended in the hazard)...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Onewood
5th June 2005, 07:54 AM
88 Monthly Medal today  8)

88 - 5 = nett 83 what happened :?:

Nice Front nine Mau 8) ever thought of just playing the friday chook run 9 holers :lol: :lol:
I can see you shooting a sub par round soon :P

Courty
5th June 2005, 08:07 AM
Stableford comp at Thurgoona today.  My first outing with the Acer XDS2 Pros & Cleveland rusty wedges.  40 points (74 scratch) in bitterly cold weather.  Happy with the first round wth the new weapons. :)

Excellent effort with new sticks, oz.

Yesterday was the first round of our Club Champs. I started on fire with 3 birdies in the first 6 holes (supplemented by 3 bogies :evil: ) and finished with 4 birdies for the round. 3-putted from 10ft on the 7th to make the only double-bogey of the round. The wheels got a bit wobbly on the last few holes as I bogied 17 & 18 to finish with 77 (nett 70).
The highlight of the round was an 8-iron from 145m on the 10th which spun sideways to finish 6 inches from the cup for an easy tap-in birdie.
I only hit 7 fairways and 7 greens, but my short game was excellent (apart from the 3-putt #-o). I made 28 putts with 9 1-putts.

Round 2 today, wish me luck.

On another note, I'm waiting to see the course rating. If it was 72 (which I expect it will be) I will be on another New All-Time Lowest Handicap of 6 :roll: :wink:

Courty
5th June 2005, 08:11 AM
On another note, I'm waiting to see the course rating. If it was 72 (which I expect it will be) I will be on another New All-Time Lowest Handicap of 6 :roll:  :wink:

Update: Handicaps have been adjusted. Rating was 71 which means I only dropped 0.2 to 6.6. I still have a way to go to catch ol' mate Trung :?  :-k

McMw
5th June 2005, 10:18 AM
Nice Front nine Mau 8) ever thought of just playing the friday chook run 9 holers :lol:  :lol:
I can see you shooting a sub par round soon :P

cheers....been a long spell since the last one.... :?

McMw
5th June 2005, 06:41 PM
another 74 this arvo...
slightly different from yesterday...
birdied the first (so I knew something would screw up later)...
went OOBs on the 2nd par 3, made par with the 2nd ball, after having to trek all the way back to the t box...
on the 7th...great drive...pulled my wedge into the g-side bunker...and 3 shots to get out for a double... :lol:
still, finished +3 for the nine...

birdied 10 (oh-oh)...but managed to made some nice putts coming back to save par to finish +1...

27 putts for the arvo...with some long par putts... :D

jimandr
5th June 2005, 07:16 PM
A very old-style average round today. 33 points with a woeful short game early, but a good back nine.

10 of 14 fairways, the misses were all bad ones, but overall, quite good
9 of 18 greens, 1 birdie
1 of 2 up and down
1 of 4 sand saves, mainly due to bad putting
36 putts, 3 three putts, a number of other 5 footers missed.

I'm playing my match against customclubmaker next week. The bad news for Gary is that I'm now off 8 (a 7 year high), the good news is that I still can't play to it.

gazgolf1
5th June 2005, 07:21 PM
monthly medal yesterday...75 gross,69 nett. :?
Happy with my driving and hit some nice irons but not converting birdie chances on the greens. :cry: I suppose its a good sign that I'm giving myself birdie chances,just need to make a coupla putts.

Trung
5th June 2005, 07:27 PM
-5 (PAR) at Windsor today 8)

amanda
6th June 2005, 07:24 AM
Won the 2nd round of the matchplay champs 3&2 against a 15 handicapper. Was a good match except I had too many brain explosions with my short game - could have been a better result 8)

In another game, had a shocker 101/79 in the mens monthly medal comp (no - us chicks can't win the men's medal - but we can compete for lowest net score of the day).

Virgal_Tracy
6th June 2005, 07:54 AM
MAu,

Does that mean that you holed your reload on the 2nd? Sorry but to me 1 for the shot, penalty for OOB and 1 for the reload. If so congrats on an obviously great shot, if not I like your way of scoring better than mine. :wink:

McMw
6th June 2005, 08:33 AM
meant made par with the 2nd ball - so it was a 5...

AndyP
6th June 2005, 08:55 AM
monthly medal yesterday...75 gross,69 nett.
Eag's, don't even think about taking that spare spot in our group and playing your match against Gaz in the Nudgee Plate. He is carving the place up at the moment. :shock:
(Etiquette requires that he can't ask you to play at his home course too ;) )

Nice work, Gaz.

Eag's
6th June 2005, 09:57 AM
monthly medal yesterday...75 gross,69 nett.
Eag's, don't even think about taking that spare spot in our group and playing your match against Gaz in the Nudgee Plate.  He is carving the place up at the moment.  :shock:
(Etiquette requires that he can't ask you to play at his home course too ;) )

Nice work, Gaz.

Andy how stupid do you think I am mate :roll:
Gaz will be a challenge wherever we play that is for sure :wink: