PDA

View Full Version : Special: 2011 Champs details; October 14-17

Pages : 1 [2]

Iain
17th October 2011, 08:20 AM
Teed off in front I'd the girls on one par 4 (ok, it was only by 2 inches), but I still made a point of it to shazz

The 9th.

Awesome champs once again. Great to meet so many new OZgolfers. Congrats to Nudgee, commiserations to G69.

PeteyD
17th October 2011, 08:23 AM
Has to be black tees next year. The reds used yesterday were farcical.

Crap

Dotty
17th October 2011, 08:41 AM
Anyone hit with the 'Bacon Surchage' on checkout?

They told me there is limit of 12 rashers per person per day.

PeteyD
17th October 2011, 08:43 AM
Hahaahha. How much did they hit you up for Dotty?

timah!
17th October 2011, 08:44 AM
Has to be black tees next year. The reds used yesterday were farcical.

+1. Pretty sure you're not supposed to hit driver/8iron into a par 5...

haysey
17th October 2011, 08:46 AM
Anyone hit with the 'Bacon Surchage' on checkout?

They told me there is limit of 12 rashers per person per day.

DC got billed another $347.

Eag's
17th October 2011, 08:48 AM
And rightly so :lol:

PeteyD
17th October 2011, 08:49 AM
+1. Pretty sure you're not supposed to hit driver/8iron into a par 5...

Why not? a nice quick round is better than a 5 hour grind any day, particularly when half the field is in a state of disrepair. We would have been faster except the members field in front of us held us up.

goughy
17th October 2011, 08:57 AM
Wouldn't say we shot the lights out either!

markTHEblake
17th October 2011, 08:59 AM
Nearly shot ddaseys lights out!

just
17th October 2011, 09:02 AM
Why not? a nice quick round is better than a 5 hour grind any day, particularly when half the field is in a state of disrepair. We would have been faster except the members field in front of us held us up.
Correct.

Wouldn't say we shot the lights out either!
Exactly.

The tee placement was fine and ultimately we are at the mercy of the club.

ddasey
17th October 2011, 09:19 AM
Nearly shot ddaseys lights out!

F*** that was close.

Happy now :lol:

sms316
17th October 2011, 09:24 AM
We wouldn't have taken any longer if we played from the blacks.

That was the most stupid version of the course I've seen.

damoocow
17th October 2011, 09:35 AM
Correct.

Exactly.

The tee placement was fine and ultimately we are at the mercy of the club.

Not a fan of playing the same course 2 days in a row so I really liked the fact that the tees were in different places for the Sunday

Dotty
17th October 2011, 09:42 AM
Hahaahha. How much did they hit you up for Dotty?
I told them to charge it to the Goldsteins.

Just watching from the corner of the lobby, waiting for them to checkout. :twisted:

just
17th October 2011, 09:44 AM
Not a fan of playing the same course 2 days in a row so I really liked the fact that the tees were in different places for the Sunday
Same with me Damo. I thought Sunday was fine. I don't like playing off the blacks, because I think it advantages a small few, but if we did I'd still play. If all they did was move the positions of the blues and mix it up a little I think it would be great.

sms316
17th October 2011, 09:51 AM
Same with me Damo. I thought Sunday was fine. I don't like playing off the blacks, because I think it advantages a small few, but if we did I'd still play. If all they did was move the positions of the blues and mix it up a little I think it would be great.
Really? The scores on monthly medal rounds don't seem to indicate this. What it does do is spread the scores though, as rubbish golf is punished more.

Eag's
17th October 2011, 09:52 AM
F*** that was close.

Happy now :lol:

Once again mate I am very sorry for that :oops:

goughy
17th October 2011, 09:59 AM
He felt pretty bad! My fault really; much closer tee position, and we couldn't see you at all but we saw the red shirt on the green and thought it was you guys! And I hit my crap shot first, so I started the ball rolling, as such.

just
17th October 2011, 10:00 AM
Really? The scores on monthly medal rounds don't seem to indicate this. What it does do is spread the scores though, as rubbish golf is punished more.
We aren't members playing the course on regular basis, which I think makes a difference, and anyway if the same held true for us it's better and more interesting to have the close field, it gives people who played okay on the Saturday ie 30 or so points, to still be in with a chance and have a run at the title on Sunday.

Daves
17th October 2011, 10:00 AM
Ask Lucas what happens to shots played over the head of the group in front!:twisted:

sms316
17th October 2011, 10:01 AM
If ddasey was looking for Hux's drive instead of being rude and ignoring him then he wouldn't have been in trouble.

PeteyD
17th October 2011, 10:17 AM
But ignoring Hux is expected

sms316
17th October 2011, 10:18 AM
To be fair, it might have been the only fairway eag's hit all day.

Marto65
17th October 2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks for a top weekend, lads and ladesses.

Thanks to all the people in my groups.. though most of the golf was crap, the company was excellent. Even the audible groan when you knock a bunker shot in an old divot to 10 feet and 2 putt for 1 point ... well, you know the money is on ... :)

A quick question ... If I'm not at the champs on Sunday Night, but resting peacfully at home watching the rugby, and I wake up after the game and have a spew, does it count? (not sure if it was sunlight, alcohol or lack of coffee induced ..).

Marto65
17th October 2011, 11:38 AM
Ahhh DSS...Delayed Spew Syndrome.\

I was quite happy to get away without an MDI ... Mysterious Drinking Injury, but yep ... the DSS got me.

ddasey
17th October 2011, 12:10 PM
Once again mate I am very sorry for that :oops:

All good. I realise you didn't do it on purpose. :smt023

PeteyD
17th October 2011, 12:12 PM
Haha more fool you, you should know about Eag'sey on the rumbos :D