Ferrins
20th November 2010, 07:39 AM
1/ steverawlo 37
2/ Ferrins 29
3/ Daves 36
4/ Nudgee 40

Jarro
20th November 2010, 07:58 AM
Is this an invitation for others to join in, or just a statement of your intent to play as that grouping ?

Ferrins
20th November 2010, 09:21 AM
This is a group that has formed around or matchplay qualifing. Thought it was meant to be listed it in here. If we could get another group going then that would be good but I am unsure of tee time availability.

nudgee
22nd November 2010, 01:44 PM
Hmmmmm I now have a free day tomorrow so I am very keen for a round!! If any of you wanna drop out, then I can be first reserve.

Cheers

Lucasto23
22nd November 2010, 08:10 PM
Nudgee, your in :) work has gotten in the way for me :( play well boys

nudgee
23rd November 2010, 06:50 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt - thanks Lucas.

See you gents there

Ferrins
23rd November 2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the game guys. Good round to nudgee with the wildest 40 pts.

nudgee
23rd November 2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the round gents, it was most enjoyable considering the windy conditions and the sandy greens which by the way rolled very nicely. I think I hit 3 fairways all day, I was all over the bloody shop. Luckily my recovery shots and my putter (well Perci's putter) were onfire.

Well played steverawlo and bad luck Ferrins!! I have only played Virginia 3-4 times but I actually dont mind the course at all.

Also thanks Lucas for pulling out of todays round :)

Daves
23rd November 2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks all for the round, very enjoyable. Nice to finally meet Steve. He was steady as a rock today, much like Steve57 was in the other elimination match. Both will be hard to get past in their next rounds.

steverawlo
25th November 2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the game gents.

Bad luck Ferrins. He actually smashed me by about 10 shots at Oxley a few months ago but I finally found a bit of form at Virginia. The game is so much more enjoyable when you're playing well. There were a few little mind games played but all in good fun. None more so than Ferrins questioning the legality of my R580XD driver on the 7th before I smoked one down the guts. I drove the ball pretty well and putting was solid. That was enough to win.

It was good to meet Dave for the first time and watching Nudgee spray it everywhere off the tee but still manage to score 40pts was extraordinary.

Next up - golfer"Mr 8 and 7"69. How embarressing would it be to lose to a qualifier????