PDA

View Full Version : hocko's mediocre swing

hocko
19th November 2010, 09:45 PM
O.K. guys let me have it.
Give me sone things to work on before i have to pay a teaching pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLl6dZEO_Uc

Yossarian
19th November 2010, 09:57 PM
Your spelling ;)

MegaWatty
19th November 2010, 10:00 PM
I very rarely comment on others swings, but I get the impression that you chin is almost on your chest. Something I suffer from myself.

hocko
19th November 2010, 10:01 PM
What issue is this going to cause?

MegaWatty
19th November 2010, 10:05 PM
What issue is this going to cause?

Why I don't comment on swings.

Someone else will tell you why.

Johnny Canuck
19th November 2010, 10:08 PM
Yoss' comment made me laugh very loud.

Your hands are not popping up as high as they were the last time you played harty. You should put up a video of your driver swing to see if this still happens.

Your posture looks pretty poor.

All up, it looks decent for a 9 capper.

MegaWatty
19th November 2010, 10:10 PM
You're a bitch JC!

Johnny Canuck
19th November 2010, 10:23 PM
Why is that? I was trying to be complementary.

hocko
19th November 2010, 10:33 PM
Yoss' comment made me laugh very loud.

Your hands are not popping up as high as they were the last time you played harty. You should put up a video of your driver swing to see if this still happens.

Your posture looks pretty poor.

All up, it looks decent for a 9 capper.

This is my biggest issue at the minute, i have been getting very lazy on the hands and after your comment at harty i tried to change it to a more forward push.
This is the first time i have seen myself swing in about 20 years, geez i need to put on some weight......this is why I don't wear shorts!

mike
19th November 2010, 10:36 PM
geez i need to put on some weight.....My first thought.

Your swing looks ok to me but then so does haysey's so just ignore that.

Johnny Canuck
19th November 2010, 10:36 PM
at harty, with your driver especially, you were getting to the top of your swing and then raising your hands straight upwards easily 3 to 4 inches. you are NOT really doing it in the vids, which is good.

hocko
19th November 2010, 10:40 PM
at harty, with your driver especially, you were getting to the top of your swing and then raising your hands straight upwards easily 3 to 4 inches. you are really doing it in the vids, which is good.

Are you sure this is good?

Johnny Canuck
19th November 2010, 10:42 PM
it's good that you are not doing it anymore. let me edit my comment. stupid beer.

hocko
19th November 2010, 10:45 PM
it's good that you are not doing it anymore. let me edit my comment. stupid beer.

Mmmmm....love beer.

Johnny Canuck
19th November 2010, 10:46 PM
hopping on the push bike to go and pick up some pizza to complement this beer.

hocko
19th November 2010, 10:48 PM

Beer and pushbikes....ah Noooooo.

MegaWatty
19th November 2010, 10:51 PM

Bring me some beer. I'm over and and I'm out!

hocko
19th November 2010, 10:53 PM
Bring me some beer. I'm over and and I'm out!

Early night Mega?

MegaWatty
19th November 2010, 10:57 PM
Early night Mega?

Wine went hours ago. Could crack a red but could really smash a 6 pack right now.

No such thing as early nights for me unfortunately. About to watch Robin Williams now that Tinkerbell has finished.

hocko
19th November 2010, 11:07 PM
Not really wine weather Mega, i hear you about a nice cold beer...or a G&T .

MegaWatty
19th November 2010, 11:09 PM
Had a White.

Golfnut
19th November 2010, 11:09 PM
Mmmmm.....beer & Cheetos!

hocko
19th November 2010, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=Golfnut;557230]Mmmmm.....beer & Cigarettes/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry, that's me!

Golfnut
19th November 2010, 11:15 PM
NO hocko, NO

Johnny Canuck
19th November 2010, 11:42 PM
Beer and pushbikes....ah Noooooo.

Good, solid ride to get the pizza.

Ride home consists of two pizzas in the left hand, holding the handlebars with two fingers and a beer in the right hand.

Golfnut
19th November 2010, 11:47 PM
Very skillful JC....any spillage?

Johnny Canuck
19th November 2010, 11:58 PM
none. a bit of crushing on one solitary slice of pizza, but no spillage.

hocko
20th November 2010, 12:00 AM
Beer and Pizza....that sounds very American!

Johnny Canuck
20th November 2010, 12:17 AM
Fair call.

Veefore
20th November 2010, 01:22 AM
at harty, with your driver especially, you were getting to the top of your swing and then raising your hands straight upwards easily 3 to 4 inches. you are NOT really doing it in the vids, which is good.

That was the thing that was killing me for years. I would complete the backswing and then there would be a "lift" at the top, coming out of my posture and turning it into an overswing. Loss of power and control were the results for me.

hocko
20th November 2010, 06:49 PM
I will get a vid of the driver shortly to see if i'm still doing it.
I think my biggest issue may be that everytime i play i seem to have slightly different backswing.

Flavzz
20th November 2010, 07:33 PM
Overall a nice smooth tempo which is great. Ur a little shut going back but this isn't always bad. Try stabilise the top of the backswing and not move ur head too much. What's ur bad shot Hocko?

MegaWatty
20th November 2010, 08:06 PM
What's ur bad shot Hocko?

On to roads.

Flavzz
20th November 2010, 08:28 PM
Lol

Johnny Canuck
20th November 2010, 09:01 PM
It's a high block, a low duck hook or a bladed iron.

idgolfguy
21st November 2010, 06:59 AM
It's a high block, a low duck hook or a bladed iron.

And coming over the top of putts sitting on the lip.

dan
21st November 2010, 07:34 AM
The stance doesn't look very athletic. Whether that's affecting the swing is hard to tell. Backswing you're taking the club too much inside, but you seem to be fixing this on the downswing. So the question is not what's wrong with your swing, but what's wrong in your game?

idgolfguy
21st November 2010, 09:35 AM
The stance doesn't look very athletic. Whether that's affecting the swing is hard to tell. Backswing you're taking the club too much inside, but you seem to be fixing this on the downswing. So the question is not what's wrong with your swing, but what's wrong in your game?

Hit the nail on the head!

hocko
21st November 2010, 10:14 AM
Cosistency more then anything.
Also seem to be cutting the irons a little thin.

TheNuclearOne
21st November 2010, 12:06 PM
Love it, you make me envious. To get really pedantic (in this choppers opinion) you've got a teeny bit of reverse in there (may explain the thin irons) if you're not going stack and tilt and you release a bit early. That's judging by serious standards tho, gee.

Golfnut
21st November 2010, 05:29 PM
Who's that in your avatar TNO? Reminds me of one of my old gf's.

TheNuclearOne
21st November 2010, 10:38 PM
No idea, put it up drunk the other night and don't even know where i found it lmao.

You must have had some rather nice gf's LOL

Golfnut
21st November 2010, 11:05 PM
Never once kicked her out of bed for farting

David Williams
22nd November 2010, 06:46 AM
Hocko the first thing I'd work on with you is your posture.

Stand up straight and hold the club across your shoulders, behind your neck and look straight ahead (not down)... this will open your chest up and straighten your upper back.

Then bow to the ball... this will ensure you are bending from the waist. Unlock your knees so they are flexed and then let your arms hang and take your address.

Usually players with poor posture in the golf have a poor posture generally so trying to just fix your posture in golf and not in general will usually see you falling back into bad habits. You may need to strengthen the upper back muscles to stop the hunching over. A general core strengthening program will improve your golf posture greatly. I don't know your background but this is what I see in the video, and the first thing I'd work on.

P.S. Put on some weight for god sake. :)

hocko
22nd November 2010, 09:23 AM
Hocko the first thing I'd work on with you is your posture.

Stand up straight and hold the club across your shoulders, behind your neck and look straight ahead (not down)... this will open your chest up and straighten your upper back.

Then bow to the ball... this will ensure you are bending from the waist. Unlock your knees so they are flexed and then let your arms hang and take your address.

Usually players with poor posture in the golf have a poor posture generally so trying to just fix your posture in golf and not in general will usually see you falling back into bad habits. You may need to strengthen the upper back muscles to stop the hunching over. A general core strengthening program will improve your golf posture greatly. I don't know your background but this is what I see in the video, and the first thing I'd work on.

P.S. Put on some weight for god sake. :)

Any specific excersises in mind Willo?

David Williams
22nd November 2010, 09:52 AM
The easiest one is learning to kneel on a swiss ball. Your core will be firing a lot just to try and keep you balanced. Start by learning to get onto all fours and balancing for a little while and then try and kneel. Then once you learn to kneel on the ball try putting your arms straight out to the sides and slowly rotating each way while you are balancing. (I will try and video it this week for you)

A swiss ball is essential in a golf training regime. We work on Balance, Strength and Rotation. We try to incorporate at least two of those in every exercise we do. For instance... a simple sit up on the ground is easy compared to doing it while sitting on a ball. As the ball moves around a little your core fires to keep you balanced while you are doing your sit up.

hocko
22nd November 2010, 10:01 AM
Great, cheers for your help so far Willo.
I don't actually think i am weak in the core but who knows?

TourFit
22nd November 2010, 11:22 AM
You don't have a core, hocko...that's why you need to put on some weight!

You can borrow one of mine, I seem to have a spare. :lol:

Funny yesterday when Dave Diaz plumb bobbed you with the driver shaft and then moved his head to the side and said "Oh...there you are!"

David Williams
24th November 2010, 08:41 PM
(I will try and video it this week for you)

This video is going to have to wait a week or two sorry Hocko... Chest infection and possible Pneumonia has put it on hold. Will get it done when I can breathe again.

grandmasterb
24th November 2010, 09:03 PM
Any specific excersises in mind Willo?

Start by trying to do a hip thrust to see if/where the weak part of your core is.

Once you've done that and identified the area/s let me know and I can give you more than enough to blast the core ;)