PDA

View Full Version : Titleist 910 First Thoughts

LowTee
17th November 2010, 08:37 PM
I tried out the Titleist 910 Drivers tonight and they are solid, hit the D3 8.5" with a "made for" Diamana in it and the ball really took off the face fast with a great trajectory.

You can adjust the lie, open / close and a bunch of other stuff.

Standard is open 0.5 degrees

If you get a chance try it

dave1
18th November 2010, 01:07 AM
yup and it will go longer and straigher than last years model....and by the time 2014 rolls around the 400 meter par 4 will be obsolete

they have bowed to poopularity with adjustable faces and so on.....a copy of TM junk

TM make one good driver..the burner.....

Titleist I think made one really great driver which I would use over any other model the 905R.....since then well frankly I'm unimpressed

hmm....I dont like the look of it all...Im using a late 2008 model driver and will stick with it

shaft is king...head is just well frankly not that big a deal

sorry to be so cynical...every day i look titleist are being more and more like TM

and every year we get the longer straighter sell line......

LowTee
18th November 2010, 07:26 AM
[
sorry to be so cynical...every day i look titleist are being more and more like TM

Dave, truth be told the 910's look a lot like the Cobra Pro S!!!!

TheBoz_fromOz
18th November 2010, 10:22 AM
If you talk to the guys within the Carlsbad USA golf industry community you will understand
that there has been little change(read improvement) in performance heads for 4 or 5 years
other than cosmetics.

I do a lot of ball testing with a SMT455 (2002) Tit 983E (2003) Tit 905R (2006) and what
ever demo I have at the time and the only thing I have changed over the years has a been
a shaft as the newer heads haven't found me any extra length or forgiveness.

Cheers, Boz.

Captain Nemo
18th November 2010, 12:06 PM
Yep, the "Shaft is the Engine", heard that b4!

mint
18th November 2010, 12:13 PM
agree on the shaft !

I hit a couple of weeks ago.. It is longer and nicer than the 909 which i wasnt expecting. I like the black face on it however first impression was of the Cobra ProS.
i think it has some ridiculous amount of adjustable angles which is just a huge marketing ploy as there is no need to change that much..

I am not in a hurry to change I like my 909 D2 except for the huge sky mark on it when I let someone at my club try it on the range.. GRRRR

TheTrueReview
18th November 2010, 12:27 PM

Now, whatever gave you that idea? ;-)

http://www.golftoimpress.com/wp-content/gallery/r9-supermax-driver/pa221682.jpg http://images.acushnetgolf.com/is/image/titleist/2010_US_610_fb_mdHighLaunch

Chris32
18th November 2010, 12:59 PM
Now, whatever gave you that idea? ;-)

http://www.golftoimpress.com/wp-content/gallery/r9-supermax-driver/pa221682.jpg http://images.acushnetgolf.com/is/image/titleist/2010_US_610_fb_mdHighLaunch

That reminds me of the VS Commodore and Toyota Lexcen :D

Daves
18th November 2010, 01:04 PM
agree on the shaft !

I hit a couple of weeks ago.. It is longer and nicer than the 909 which i wasnt expecting. I like the black face on it however first impression was of the Cobra ProS.
i think it has some ridiculous amount of adjustable angles which is just a huge marketing ploy as there is no need to change that much..

I am not in a hurry to change I like my 909 D2 except for the huge sky mark on it when I let someone at my club try it on the range.. GRRRR

Talking to a Titleist fitter recently, his comment was that the adjustability was more about fitters being able to fine tune the fitting. He thought that once the fitting was completed, there would be little reason to play around with the adjustability. Hopefully I will get a better insight tomorrow when I have a demo fitting on the LM with him. Will be taking my 905s and 909 as a comparison.

LeftyHoges
18th November 2010, 03:30 PM
Talking to a Titleist fitter recently, his comment was that the adjustability was more about fitters being able to fine tune the fitting. He thought that once the fitting was completed, there would be little reason to play around with the adjustability. Hopefully I will get a better insight tomorrow when I have a demo fitting on the LM with him. Will be taking my 905s and 909 as a comparison.

This is exactly right. I love the idea of adjustable heads and don't blame Titleist at all for doing it. This way they dont have to bring out three different models just to cover open and closed faces. Why not have them in all one model (including loft adjustment) and that way the only difference in the heads they have to worry about between D2 and D3 etc is COG and MOI.

Personally I think its a brilliant idea to be able to adjust one driver head to suit my swing and tendencies and be done. I dont have to wait for Titleist to bring out the left handed, 8.5 degree, 3* open faced driver (which would never happen) that suits my swing the best.

Agreed that shaft is the main contributor but the head is very important too. What sort of shaft options are available is my only concern. If I have to use a Titleist "Made For" shaft in here then there's no way in hell I'll be buying one.

Lucasto23
18th November 2010, 03:43 PM
I believe it has 2 made for Diamana options and the project x tour issue shaft which is not a made for and maybe a rip 60g as well ;)

Daves
18th November 2010, 03:49 PM
I believe it has 2 made for Diamana options and the project x tour issue shaft which is not a made for and maybe a rip 60g as well ;)

There are 3 made for Diamanas, plus an Aldila;

http://www.titleist.com.au/golf-clubs/drivers/910D2.aspx

And there are heaps of custom shafts you can order;

http://www.titleist.com.au/golf-clubs/shafts/default.aspx?tab=1

Which ones they have on the fitting carts I will find out tomorrow.

LeftyHoges
18th November 2010, 04:01 PM

Interesting. I think I may see a Titty 910 D2 with Project X Tour Issue 8 7.0 in my future but the vision is a little hazy at the moment.

KristianJ
18th November 2010, 09:28 PM

At the demo day I went to on Tuesday night, they had a pretty good range of shafts. RIP 70, SNV6, SVS6, Motore F1 65, Motore Speeder VC 6.1, Tour AD DI-7, HD6, all of the made for Diamanas, Fubuki Tour 73, Oban Devotion 6, PX 6.0 and V2 76. All stiffs.

Sadly didn't have enough time to try them all out, but the D2 and PX combo was probably be best one for me that I hit. D3/V2 combo didn't get up enough for me, and I tend to get some quite high flight with my drives as those who've played a round with me will attest to.

Next time I'll try the Oban and AD DI-7 with the D2, and the Diamanas as well.

dave1
19th November 2010, 01:39 AM
I have no issue with adjustable heads and weights....except for one small thing....it doesn't make the difference they claim

I tried a nice R9 for fun....for a week..I use ebay like a hire service...buy it from US then re-sell here if i dont like it.....had it 2 weeks and it wasn't bad a bat....just didn't make much difference with the weight settings or closed or open face.....just maybe tad lower or higher ball flight....

that you could easily do with teeing it lower or higher

I think the skill of the game is being diminished with adjustable heads also......instead of you working away to become good...you want to driver to mask your faults.....to me thats not healthy in the long run...as modern drivers can mask a few swing issues.....that wont get fixed while the the mindset is saying just adjust few weights and all will be good.....

Out of all the TM drivers....burner was best..and all of the titleist drivers the 905R easily the best bat going around......neither had gimmicky weights.......

Daves
19th November 2010, 11:24 PM
At the demo day I went to on Tuesday night, they had a pretty good range of shafts. RIP 70, SNV6, SVS6, Motore F1 65, Motore Speeder VC 6.1, Tour AD DI-7, HD6, all of the made for Diamanas, Fubuki Tour 73, Oban Devotion 6, PX 6.0 and V2 76. All stiffs.

Sadly didn't have enough time to try them all out, but the D2 and PX combo was probably be best one for me that I hit. D3/V2 combo didn't get up enough for me, and I tend to get some quite high flight with my drives as those who've played a round with me will attest to.

Very similar suite of shafts on offer today when I went for my demo.

Set up was outside on the grass with a net and Launchie to do measurements. We started off with me hitting my current drivers, a 9.5* 905R with a SVS6 Voodoo, and a 10.5* 909 D2 with a Prolaunch Red. The Launchie had me launch between 8 and 10 degrees, mid 2000rpms spin and 142 to 148 ball speed. We settled on the 10.5* D2 for me pretty quickly, and we then played around with a couple of shafts. Settled on the Made for Diamana Kali at 44.5" which seemed to give me the best mix of launch angle, spin and distance.

Overall I was quite impressed by the 910. Not a quantum leap on the 909, and a familiar feel and look, but definitely seemed longer and easy to hit the ball in the middle of the face. I watched them fitting the next guy and can see the benefit of the fitting system. Let's say that a 9.5* loft is not always a 9.5*!

Flavzz
20th November 2010, 09:21 PM
As stated on the website the adjustability is for launch optimisation rather than curing dramatic hooks and slices. For myself, the fact that my swing is still improving I love the fact I can buy one driver with the ability to change loft down the track when my swing demands so. I applaud Titleist for such a move which will make fitting the driver that much easier myself. I know the head is not going to be miles longer than 909 but I feel like I'm getting much more value for money buying a driver which will last longer with a hopefully improving swing.

TheNuclearOne
20th November 2010, 09:40 PM

Don't shy away from trying the VC 6.1, great shaft.

Daves
21st November 2010, 11:41 AM
Should also have mentioned that they have a pretty neat Launchie they use. It is an all in one unit that sits on the ground to the side and just in front of the ball. It gives a read out for ball speed, launch angle, side spin direction, distance and rpms, ball spin rpms and carry distance. Also has voice output. Makes it pretty easy for them to fine tune the fitting process. There is a fitting chart they use , not unlike some of the TM charts you see. Not sure if you get a chart if you buy one?. It does come with the fitting tool.

RRP is $539 AUD. I have not yet asked what deals they are offering. Tim the Putterman has a few at $400 US plus $55 postage. US RRP is $449, so not a huge difference.

AnthonyM
6th December 2010, 10:19 AM
spent an hour in at Drummond in the city on Friday getting fitted for a new one. After 6 shafts and both the D2 and D3 in both lofts he came up with this setup
D2 10.5d
Diamana 72 White Stiff
was getting on average 280-290 yards fly at about 109mph with a launch of about 12d and around 3300 spin....shaft feels awesome but still had a little fade so will try a B2 or A2 setting at the demo day this wed at Morack to see if i can straiten it out
going in today to put a deposit down and wait for the vouchers to come in over the next 2 weeks so hopefully pick up for my xmas present...bring it on

GolfBallWhackerGuy
6th December 2010, 03:17 PM
Tried the 910D2 with the RIP 60g Stiff, White Diamana Stiff, Project X stiff yesterday. Tried all these with various settings to improve spin rate and launch angles. Was all set to put an order for the D2 with the white diamana stiff shaft in C2 setting, until I tested the Calaway Razr Hawk with the RIP 60g stiff. I went to get fitted for what ever works best and the Callaway was the best for me so i didnt get the 910D2. But having said that, the 910D2 is still a very very nice driver. Nice looks at address, nice feel especially the weighting, nice sound.

Captain Nemo
6th December 2010, 04:09 PM
GBW, where was that at?

Diggaboy1
6th December 2010, 08:53 PM
I got a 8.5 D3 with a 70grams Aldila RIP stiff, nice shaft, good ball flight and low spin. Seems easy to hit, good distance and feel nice and balanced. I also like the black. Worth the $420 I paid for it landed.

davepuppies
6th December 2010, 09:19 PM
i have had a go with a D2 9.5 with both diamana options in the nets with a launch monitir, and also on the range and i honestly prefer my 909 dcomp......

Courty
6th December 2010, 09:43 PM
I hit a demo 9.5° D3 with the Project X 6.0 for 9 holes the other day. I was a bit underwhelmed at first and thought it was considerably shorter than my Superfast TP, but after about 3 holes I really started getting them out there with a highish launch but flat ballflight. I wasn't fussed on the PX when I tried it in the Nike VR head, but this combo worked really well for me.

GolfBallWhackerGuy
6th December 2010, 09:58 PM
GBW, where was that at?

Windsor Golf Club Pro Shop. They have a launch monitor thingy there. I also had a hit with 910D2 at Tempe Driving Range two Thursdays ago. The demo day guy at Tempe had heaps of shafts and was nice enough to let me try out as many different shafts as I wanted. As for my fitting at WGC yesterday, I must have spent about 1hr45min trying out the different drivers by Ping, TM, Titleist and Callaway. I really thought I was going to put the 910D2 in the bag bcoz it was pretty nice. But alas, I will have a Callaway driver - my first and hopefully last (for a while anyway lol).

AnthonyM
9th December 2010, 01:37 PM
attended a Titleist demo day last night to test drive the D2 and all i can say is wow...this thing has some punch...i felt sorry for the driving range owner who will have to go over the back fence to pick up my balls...he did though change the shaft that Drummond recommended from a Diamana White Stiff to XStiff and we used a C3 setting...so now waiting on my new driver to be in before chrissy....bring it on

Stuartd147
9th December 2010, 02:06 PM
I was at the practise range last week when the assistant pro came out with the 910D3 and a few shafts, we hit a lot of balls and a few of the combinations were working for me....however I went back in to the shop and grabbed the Razr Tour/stiff as a comparison and I think I still prefer the Razr......being a "tinkerer" though, if I bought a 910, I think I would have to superglue the shaft and the adjustment screws in place so I was forced to leave the fu%^%$r alone!

...stu

goonie
9th December 2010, 02:11 PM
Did any of the demos have the fairway woods?

Daves
9th December 2010, 02:16 PM
Did any of the demos have the fairway woods?

Not here till February according to the Titleist site. I don't think they have even been released in the US yet, haven't seen any on Ebay at all either.

goonie
9th December 2010, 11:18 PM
Not here till February according to the Titleist site. I don't think they have even been released in the US yet, haven't seen any on Ebay at all either.

How did gaz get the shaft that he is selling in the pro shop, that was pulled from a 910 fairway? And it's a retail shaft.

Daves
9th December 2010, 11:36 PM
How did gaz get the shaft that he is selling in the pro shop, that was pulled from a 910 fairway? And it's a retail shaft.

You will have to ask Gaz that, I suspect it is either out of a driver, or perhaps from a tour van?. Titleist US site says available February 2011;

http://www.titleist.com/golf-clubs/fairways/default.aspx

And I know a sponsored Pro who is waiting on them to be released, as he has borrowed my 909 till they come out!

dave1
11th December 2010, 12:09 PM
I will make another bold statement

the ones the pro's would be using probably aren't even adjustable (just a hunch...)...they just are using one that looks the same so everyone goes...wow Rory's using it...Ogilvy is using it

bit like stunt doubles in movies...a driver double to trick the all us weekend warriors

better get one.....

I have become really cynical on the whole advertising of ALL golf brands and how they market the new models....

Im not saying it wont be a good driver...it will be but thats not the point.....

adjustable faces and lofts....

hmm...what if you set to higher loft and then all of a sudden you have 3 holes into the wind....thats counter productive... or you adjust it closed to kill a fade..yet you suddenly need a fade mid round because the draw isnt working.....

I prefer the art of closing , opening. lowering tee heights....ball positions......practice that and become a good player...instead of relying on the equipment to try and do it for you...you also learn things that can help midround....all this bias adjustment is usless midround

Im not against modern technology.....but its gone way too far.....It lost the plot when we started putting weights in putters...OMG we have to swing the putter 8 inches....if you need bias in your putter then seriously go play lawn bowls.....

I also all this bias in clubs is actually masking the real problem....your swing....instead of spending some time on the range with a rpo...we want a club to instantly fix it for us...the magical club....

hard work and information/guidance is the way to go for me...not weights

I know companies are just following trends..the R9 sold its rocks off because people think...oh the magical cure that my slice....(generally drawers of the ball dont change equipmet as often).....and fair enough but if you spend $300- $400 on lessons....instead of the new driver you'd become a better player than buying the TM R9 or titty 910

I dont believe the 2011 drivers are any better than about 2007 models

and irons...dont get me started

Im sure one day we'll see ball with screws in it :razz::shock:

Courty
11th December 2010, 03:53 PM
Wow, that's just killed the mood. ;)

timah!
11th December 2010, 04:10 PM
Would you like some cheese and crackers with that whine Dave?

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

Ned
11th December 2010, 04:15 PM
Would you like some cheese and crackers with that whine Dave?

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

Gold! :)

dave1
11th December 2010, 06:25 PM
sorry..LOL

look I said it will be a great driver...guranteed...

but is it any better than the 909?

Titleist were always known as a players club...now they are just like TM ...wekend warroirs brand now..

if you have a hook or a slice...fix it...!

I just think we are being led down a path by equipment manafacturers that we dont and shouldnt take.....thats all Im saying...cheers

AlexMc
11th December 2010, 06:56 PM
the ones the pro's would be using probably aren't even adjustable (just a hunch...)...they just are using one that looks the same so everyone goes...wow Rory's using it...Ogilvy is using it

I know companies are just following trends..the R9 sold its rocks off because people think...oh the magical cure that my slice....(generally drawers of the ball dont change equipmet as often).....and fair enough but if you spend $300- $400 on lessons....instead of the new driver you'd become a better player than buying the TM R9 or titty 910
For starters, who cares whether the pro's drivers are adjustable or not. Are you going to be able to hit their driver? The average golfer doesn't have a truck following them around and giving you the option to tinker with your clubs.

Golf companies have been using pro's for decades to sell golf clubs. This is nothing new. Your point that this is all of a sudden a revelation is quite silly. They were selling 983's and 975's and 905's and 907's and 909's this way. I might even suggest they'll sell 912's this way too!

Here is Titleist's very own description of the club from their website:

Titleist® 910 Drivers deliver total performance with improvements in flight, fit, looks, feel and sound. The 445cc Titleist 910D3 driver delivers longer distance through a technologically advanced head design with a responsive, fast face insert. The patented, innovative, SureFit™ Tour, dual-angle hosel provides precise, independent loft and lie adjustments to fine tune ball flight for more accuracy and control. High performance weighting increases stability and creates a low and deep CG for medium launch with mid/low spin.

Cure slice? Nope
No longer need lessons? Nope

It doesn't promise any of the things you suggest. It suggests that you can control shape and ball flight and the club does that. How well you do that is still up to your swing.

It really isn't promising anything out of the ordinary...

dave1
11th December 2010, 10:37 PM
yes it does...it says it can tune ball flight.....

Im still very sceptic on that sorry

loft...just place it forward or back in your stance..a few cm, geez it aint that hard.

Im just concerned we want so much equipment with bells and whistles on it when really its not hard to do what they are saying by getting lessons.

the industry is actually lulling us into believing the clubs will do the work for us...sure its not saying that outright ...but its hinting at it

which I think masks what we should be doing

MegaWatty
11th December 2010, 11:29 PM
Just get an Adams Driver.

rabsss
12th December 2010, 12:20 AM
Back to the topic on how the specific driver performs I had pretty much free reign with this yesterday on the range with the fitting cart.

I tried just about every shaft in a 910D2 9.5 degree head and some shafts compared to others had HUGE differences and I think its important for anyone looking at this to try out the shafts before buying. Personally, I thought I would like one of the three Diamanas, but ended up liking the Project X. The Motore F3 (i think it was?) was also very nice if not better than the Project X however had an upcharge associated.

Either way, I did like it and found that by changing the settings, ball flight DEFINATELY changed and in 9.9 times out of 10, the flight would change to what would be expected from the setting change.

Definately an awesome driver and something I would (and have) seriously considered. For what it is, price is also reasonable.

But for now, ill just stick to my FT-iz (thank you very much lack of funds)

CanuckDownUnder
13th December 2010, 09:09 AM
How much would it be for an additional shaft?

Captain Nemo
13th December 2010, 09:23 AM
Depends?
The PX's are no upcharge, but the ATTAS, was a $150 , yes $150 upcherge!!!!!!

Daves
13th December 2010, 09:26 AM
I think Canuck means an extra shaft (.i.e. buy with 2 shafts) Lawrence, so you would have to pay for the 2nd shaft plus an adaptor. Have not seen any on offer as yet.

Captain Nemo
13th December 2010, 09:28 AM
Thats what i figured and suppose why the price is so high?

Daves
13th December 2010, 09:32 AM
Just had a look on Ebay and there are a couple of the made for Diamana's for sale for around the $80 mark, without adaptor. There are a few adaptors on Ebay for around the $70 mark, so you would be starting at around the $150+ mark for an extra shaft I would be guessing.

Captain Nemo
13th December 2010, 09:34 AM
Thats what Titleists upcharge is.

braddles
13th December 2010, 07:58 PM
I have seen quotes around US$110 for extra shafts (stock options). This probably equates to around A$200 in Australia.

US$110 seems quite reasonable if true.

Captain Nemo
13th December 2010, 09:51 PM
Here's a guide of what the upcharges go for in the states:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220700131695&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220700131695&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)
I rang Drummonds re the cost of the Attas, it was $400 upcharge, yep $400 he told me to sit down b4 he gave me the price!

live4golf
14th December 2010, 02:24 AM
Had a hit at Edwin Watts in Fort Lauderdale yesterday. Hit the SuperDeep, 910 D2 Nd D3. The SuperDeep was shortest, carry about 285 yards, spin was lowest. D3 had 290 yards carry, slightly higher spin than SuperDeep. D2 carry was 300 yards, slightly higher backspin than D3. The 910s felt pretty good, the SD had the stock shaft, as did the 910s, the 910 aldila rip shaft felt pretty good. I think i will stick with my sd, especially since I have got a few shafts for it but the 910 is a good driver.

macjackass
14th December 2010, 08:41 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220700131695&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220700131695&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)
I rang Drummonds re the cost of the Attas, it was $400 upcharge, yep $400 he told me to sit down b4 he gave me the price!

I went to drummonds to take a look at these. The guy was adamant that the "made for" titleist was the real deal. I really resent it when they try and put one over on you. He didn't give the hard sell which was nice.

CanuckDownUnder
18th December 2010, 07:41 PM
I have seen quotes around US$110 for extra shafts (stock options). This probably equates to around A$200 in Australia.

US$110 seems quite reasonable if true.

Cheers. I called my nearest club and they said they would get back to me. That was a week ago. You answered my ? in no time at all . LOL @ bludging teaching pro's or pro shop attendants.

CanuckDownUnder
18th December 2010, 07:47 PM

wtf! $400? Did they say they included free sodomization before fitting the head with the shaft?

Captain Nemo
18th December 2010, 09:28 PM
Played a full 18 today with the D3 8.5* ahina 73s. DEMO
Had the pro adjust it to 9.25* neutral.
Was our xmas ambrose day so a good day to give it a good rip!
I was impressed, really solid, very penetrating ball flight, hit 8/12 fairways, and as long if not longer than my Burner.
Im pretty happy i got the same with the PX in it, cant wait till it gets here now!=P~

Grunt
18th December 2010, 10:17 PM
Will be interesting am scheduled to do a test for Golf Australia/Titleist soon, is there another driver coming out? I have to be booked for a club fit before the test.
Will have to see what sort of discount I can get.

Riarn
6th January 2011, 03:12 PM
Hey guys, I was looking at getting this driver. Ive always been a big fan of Titleists (I have the DCI 962's iron set and will never ever change them).
Ive never owned a really good driver as Ive been an Iron player for years and I have a freak club. Its a piece of sh*t 3 wood. But I out drive most big hitters using drivers with it. However Ive realised that if i get a proper driver ill probably add a lot of distance..
My thoughts are around getting a D2 or D3. I like the idea of the D2's height, as I play a lot of courses where I can cut corners if I can hit over a very tall tree.. but I dont want to give up the length to do it.

What would your suggestions be?
Also.. not sure if anyone internet buys here, but these are on sale here
http://enjoymygolf.com/goods-234-Titleist+910+D2+Driver.html

Cheers

petethepilot
6th January 2011, 03:51 PM
Would have been a nice first post Riarn, except for the .....you could buy your 910 here!

We all know where to get them from so don't go the sell. Especially to a Chinese fake site!!!

Pete

Captain Nemo
6th January 2011, 03:52 PM
Mate, id stay right away from that site.
My advice, try both at a demo day first!\
They are 2 different looking drivers at address, but when tweaked will play similar imo.

Daves
6th January 2011, 03:57 PM
Bwaaaah!, have a look at who is listed as the registered owner of the site!:smt082

http://whois.domaintools.com/enjoymygolf.com

Captain Nemo
6th January 2011, 03:59 PM
Nice work Dave!=D>

3oneday
6th January 2011, 04:15 PM
Ahhh, Titlrist, very good ploduct.

live4golf
6th January 2011, 04:20 PM
3OD, it is spelt 'vely'

3oneday
6th January 2011, 04:41 PM
Solly, I'm only half Chinese :)

MegaWatty
6th January 2011, 04:52 PM
Solly, I'm only half Chinese :)

Which half?

Tic Tac?

3oneday
6th January 2011, 04:53 PM
Which half?

my prawn chip

IanO
6th January 2011, 05:36 PM
Hey the "Inner Mongolia University of Science and Technology" can't be all bad! But what are they doing hosting a fake golf site?

Riarn
6th January 2011, 06:39 PM
Wow did I get owned on my first post. Although i was only searching at work when i couldnt look properly haha.

3oneday
6th January 2011, 07:28 PM
Lucky you posted it, god only knows what you may have bought yourself !

Welcome 8)

Daves
13th January 2011, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know whether the Surefit Adaptors used are identical for RH and LH clubs? I haven't seem any info or advertisements that suggest otherwise. If that is the case I presume that would mean that loft and face angle adjustments for a LH club would be the opposite of a RH club? e.g. loft variance available would go from 1.5* up to 0.75*, to 1.5* down and 0.75* up??

Captain Nemo
13th January 2011, 02:49 PM
Dave good q's?
Id email titleist but i doubt the adaptors are different.
The settings for RT and LT are different, according to the charts.

Daves
13th January 2011, 02:54 PM
Dave good q's?
Id email titleist but i doubt the adaptors are different.
The settings for RT and LT are different, according to the charts.

Thanks Lawrence. I found a WRX thread that suggests they are the same, and loft and lie adjustability is the same. There is a LH version of the fitting card it seems, and the adjustment instructions are different, but the resultant outcomes are the same.

http://www.titleist.com/images/products/pdfs/910PerformanceGuideLH.pdf

http://www.titleist.com/images/products/pdfs/910PerformanceGuideRH.pdf

Captain Nemo
13th January 2011, 02:56 PM
Thats correct!
Complete direct opposite!

CanuckDownUnder
15th January 2011, 08:43 AM
Just put the UST Attas 1 shaft in 70 X playing 46" tipped 1/2" with 263CPM E6 swing weight and set at C1. I started hitting low penetrating draws and then after adjusting my grip started hitting straight. I didn't need to crush the ball like used to and the ball seemed to come off hotter than the 909 and 905. Less effort. As for distance, I was using new Optima range balls which looked about to be going just past 200M. There wasn't a marker for distance after 150m ,so it was hard to tell how far they were actually going. I'll have to give a better review after Sunday's game.

I have a shorter Oban 8 Devotion 6flex that I might try in it. It'll prolly go into the fairway though.

CanuckDownUnder
16th January 2011, 12:44 PM
Just played Robina and I am keeping this thing in the bag. Forever. I'm not hitting as long as with my previous drivers, but it's straight and draws when you want it to. The ball flight is perfect penetrating and similar to my old 975D 7.5* I had back in the day.

The Attas shaft is the best shaft I've hit to date. It constantly reminds you to keep a smooth tempo for the entire round.

3oneday
17th January 2011, 08:02 AM
I am keeping this thing in the bag. Forever.
pfft

Captain Nemo
17th January 2011, 08:30 AM
:---)

CanuckDownUnder
20th January 2011, 12:04 AM
pfft

There might be another driver sharing space, but it'll stay in there.

Daves
20th January 2011, 08:24 PM
There might be another driver sharing space, but it'll stay in there.

I got to have a hit of a 910F 3 wood today. Nice, very nice! The shaft was the Project X 6.0 (7C3) which felt terrific, very stable. The adjust-abilty will be a bit of a boon as well I reckon.

I took my 910 D2 for its first run at the range today and was very happy with initial impressions. Definitely longer than my 909 D2 and a better feel off the face. It will take a lot to knock the 905R out the bag permanently, but the 910 is definitely showing lots of potential though. The only adjustment I made was to the loft. I bought the 10.5* version and whilst I was not unhappy with the flight when set on standard loft, I was hitting into a solid headwind and lowering the loft 0.75* made a noticeable difference in distance.

Now to fine tune the shaft selection.;)

Captain Nemo
20th January 2011, 09:51 PM
I got to have a hit of a 910F 3 wood today. Nice, very nice! The shaft was the Project X 6.0 (7C3) which felt terrific, very stable. The adjust-abilty will be a bit of a boon as well I reckon.

I took my 910 D2 for its first run at the range today and was very happy with initial impressions. Definitely longer than my 909 D2 and a better feel off the face. It will take a lot to knock the 905R out the bag permanently, but the 910 is definitely showing lots of potential though. The only adjustment I made was to the loft. I bought the 10.5* version and whilst I was not unhappy with the flight when set on standard loft, I was hitting into a solid headwind and lowering the loft 0.75* made a noticeable difference in distance.

Now to fine tune the shaft selection.;)

PX is a winner!

TourFit
20th January 2011, 09:57 PM
Tried it last week.

Meh!

Daves
20th January 2011, 10:03 PM
PX is a winner!

Seems to be. The 910F I tried belongs to my regular swing Coach. He is sponsored by Titleist, so this was apparently one of the first into Oz. Back in December he was trying out shafts in his 910 Driver and struggling to find one he liked. I suggested he try the PX as a few up here were using them and liking them a lot. Instant happiness when he swapped the PX shaft in. He managed to make the weekend in the PGA Champ, so must have worked for him. He said today he had no hesitation ordering the PX in the Fairway Wood.

IanO
21st January 2011, 06:02 PM
I went to Drummonds today and tried out the D3 9.5*. Tried a couple of shafts and the Diamana Blue stiff seemed to be the best fit. The club sets up very nicely and feels very solid at contact.

My swing speed came in at average 98 mph which is down from 105 mph just over 2 yrs ago when I last used a launch monitor.

I am booked in at a Titleist fitting day at my club in 3 weeks. Will see how it goes then. But I reckon a D3 is heading my way soon =P~

Daves
23rd January 2011, 10:55 AM
Some questions that have come to mind regarding the surefit hosel adjustability on the 910s.

1. How is the shaft fitted viz a vie the spine? Is the spine fitted to be aligned to the neutral loft and lie position?

2. The loft adjustment material says +1.5* to -0.75*. Does the face position (open/close) change at all with these adjustments? I guess what I am asking is what are the maximum effective loft adjustments? i.e. does + 1.5* loft plus 1.5* closed give you a total of +3* effective? and would be -0.75 loft + 1.5* open, give you -2.25* effective?

Hux
23rd January 2011, 07:58 PM
I doubt Titliest would spine the shaft Dave....if you were getting a shaft fitted you would spine it on your most regular setting.

Hit my 910D2 at Pac Harbour today. Shaft Oban revenge 75gm stiff. Nice, actually very nice. I had it set to 1.5* increased loft - and I was hitting it high...very high for me as you know I am generally pretty low ball flight and into the wind it was running out of puff quickly so will pull it down to neutral. The D2 handles the Oban far better than the Cobra S2 which didn't seem to work very well with it at all.

Daves
23rd January 2011, 08:32 PM
I doubt Titliest would spine the shaft Dave....if you were getting a shaft fitted you would spine it on your most regular setting.

Hit my 910D2 at Pac Harbour today. Shaft Oban revenge 75gm stiff. Nice, actually very nice. I had it set to 1.5* increased loft - and I was hitting it high...very high for me as you know I am generally pretty low ball flight and into the wind it was running out of puff quickly so will pull it down to neutral. The D2 handles the Oban far better than the Cobra S2 which didn't seem to work very well with it at all.

A Pro told me the other day that he thought they aligned the shafts via the labelling and graphics i.e. so they line up on top of the shaft at address. He may well be right!

goonie
23rd January 2011, 10:59 PM
Some questions that have come to mind regarding the surefit hosel adjustability on the 910s.

1. How is the shaft fitted viz a vie the spine? Is the spine fitted to be aligned to the neutral loft and lie position?

2. The loft adjustment material says +1.5* to -0.75*. Does the face position (open/close) change at all with these adjustments? I guess what I am asking is what are the maximum effective loft adjustments? i.e. does + 1.5* loft plus 1.5* closed give you a total of +3* effective? and would be -0.75 loft + 1.5* open, give you -2.25* effective?

1. I doubt they spine them at all.

2. I think I saw on the Titty website that all loft and lie measurements are all measured in the square face position.

3oneday
24th January 2011, 06:38 AM
How do they cater for manufacturing tolerances ? Aren't they usually a degree or thereabouts ?

davepuppies
24th January 2011, 08:20 AM
I understood the face loft is changed independent of the lie. A 1 degree change closed does not add 1 degree effective loft. There is 2 rings on the ferrule/shaft for adjustment.

Daves
24th January 2011, 08:30 AM
I understood the face loft is changed independent of the lie. A 1 degree change closed does not add 1 degree effective loft. There is 2 rings on the ferrule/shaft for adjustment.

That was my original assumption Dave, but I do wonder how they achieve the change in lie without also adding or reducing at least some loft. I guess putting one on a loft/lie machine is the only way to answer the question.

Captain Nemo
24th January 2011, 08:31 AM
A Pro told me the other day that he thought they aligned the shafts via the labelling and graphics i.e. so they line up on top of the shaft at address. He may well be right!

I doubt they actually SPINE the shafts, my 2 that i had, the graphics where on top at the Neutral Setting.

3oneday
24th January 2011, 08:39 AM
Manufacturing tolerances on drivers and the fact that a 9.5° driver could be anywhere between say 8.5 and 10° when measured correctly.

Have a look at all the Tour Issued drivers on ebay, where they show you what the club is lofted at. Some have variances of 2°.

So, you could dick around for months trying to get the correct ball flight if the loft is incorrect.

Daves
3rd February 2011, 02:36 PM
Has anyone who has been swapping shafts, played around with swingweights at all?

My original 910 D2 spec is 10.5* with a Kail'i shaft built to 44.5" and D4 swingweight. Recently picked up a Voodoo (SVS6) shaft to try in it. Really like it, but at 45" it has bumped the swingweight up to D6.5 and it is noticeable. The actual total club weight is quite heavy now at 337g, mainly it would seem due to the 9g swingweight in it. With the Kail'i installed, total club weight is only 324g, so the Voodoo and extra 1/2" length is adding 13g to the club weight. In comparison my fav 905R weighs 328g and has a swingweight of D4. So I am thinking if I drop the 9g weight to the 2g, I am going to get a closer match.

Edit: I would think that much weight (9g) positioned that far back on the clubhead would also have to have some effect on ball flight also?

3oneday
3rd February 2011, 03:03 PM
The above post is why I didn't buy one :lol:

Captain Nemo
3rd February 2011, 04:50 PM
Has anyone who has been swapping shafts, played around with swingweights at all?

My original 910 D2 spec is 10.5* with a Kail'i shaft built to 44.5" and D4 swingweight. Recently picked up a Voodoo (SVS6) shaft to try in it. Really like it, but at 45" it has bumped the swingweight up to D6.5 and it is noticeable. The actual total club weight is quite heavy now at 337g, mainly it would seem due to the 9g swingweight in it. With the Kail'i installed, total club weight is only 324g, so the Voodoo and extra 1/2" length is adding 13g to the club weight. In comparison my fav 905R weighs 328g and has a swingweight of D4. So I am thinking if I drop the 9g weight to the 2g, I am going to get a closer match.

Edit: I would think that much weight (9g) positioned that far back on the clubhead would also have to have some effect on ball flight also?

Dave,
Only tried the RIP, PX and Ahina, yet to try th UST V2.
I dont have swingweight scales, i just go on feel.
But i can tell you i hit the heavier shafts (PX and Ahina) better than the RIP.

Courty
3rd February 2011, 04:56 PM
Dunno, still waiting. :roll:

BroKar
3rd February 2011, 05:23 PM
Got fitted in my lesson last friday and then today took it around for 9 holes, I played the 910 D2 10.5 with Ahina 72 shaft and it was very very nice and very long.

My usual bad shot is a slice or a push and I was able to change the settings to b2 and didnt have a single push or slice.

Will be ordering one as soon as I can convince my wife that its an investment....lol

sol381
3rd February 2011, 06:02 PM
were you wearing a green shirt and denim shorts by any chance.

BroKar
3rd February 2011, 06:07 PM
yeah I was mate, were you there??

sol381
3rd February 2011, 06:10 PM
ha ha past you when you were about to tee off on the 10th. i was with a mate walking up from the 9th. had a feeling it might have been you but wasnt sure.. nice shot on that hole btw.. did you get the birdie.

BroKar
3rd February 2011, 06:33 PM
yeah I did mate, yeah took my wife with me, she likes driving the cart plus I was able to show her how good the 910 is... lol

Ended up going around 2 over for the 9.

sol381
3rd February 2011, 07:03 PM
its nice to be chauffeured around.. thats some nice shooting. looks like that handicap of yours will dropping even more soon. btw did she actually care how good the 910 is.

BroKar
3rd February 2011, 07:16 PM
Yeah she noticed the difference in my driving, she plays aswell sometimes so gets the game, she just didnt have a hit today.

It should if I can learn to stay focused, my irons are playing great, if I learn to drive well I would expect to be around 10 by mid year.

sol381
3rd February 2011, 07:37 PM
may not take that long judging by the way your playing.. i was pretty impressed with the course today and to see all the greenskeepers out there.. the greens were sensational today as well. sorry about the thread hijack too.

CanuckDownUnder
3rd February 2011, 10:24 PM
I agree. The Attas X I had in it was felt amazing, however it only hit it about 270. Maybe I should have went to a stiff tipped, but it was the shaft I had at the time. I'm going to go another date with this one and see if the 3 wood is any better.

I initially played the Motore f3 X from the proshop and it was decent , but found it too whippy.

goonie
3rd February 2011, 10:30 PM

1/2" adds about 3 sw's, to drop 2.5 sw's to D4 you will need to drop about 5 grams form the head.

Daves
3rd February 2011, 10:36 PM
1/2" adds about 3 sw's, to drop 2.5 sw's to D4 you will need to drop about 5 grams form the head.

Thanks Lee, thought it would be something like that. Swingweight kit it is then. The alternative would be to add weight to the butt end, but the club is already overly heavy, so loath to do that.

Didn't end up buying a Mizzy I presume?;)

goonie
3rd February 2011, 11:46 PM
Thanks Lee, thought it would be something like that. Swingweight kit it is then. The alternative would be to add weight to the butt end, but the club is already overly heavy, so loath to do that.

Didn't end up buying a Mizzy I presume?;)

No mizzy, the 4w MP and the MP63's were very nice thou.

Ned
5th February 2011, 12:36 PM
http://www.golf.com/golf/video/article/0,28224,2045767,00.html

CanuckDownUnder
5th February 2011, 03:59 PM
how much are the hybrids retailing for?

Daves
5th February 2011, 04:05 PM

RRP is $319 in Oz, and $259 in US. Street price seems to be around $215US on eBay.

CanuckDownUnder
5th February 2011, 04:06 PM
cheers.

goonie
5th February 2011, 06:48 PM

About $250ish at the pro shop today, and the Fairways were $289, Titty site says 910H - $319 and 910F - $349, I thought that was not bad being $60 less than retail in the first week on sale, tempting to buy locally for the extra $40-50 especially if they do have an issue with the screws.