PDA

View Full Version : Bingara Gorge - new course in Sydney

Scottt
17th November 2010, 03:57 PM
From what I can gather out of what I have just read at work, this was originally designed by Ernie Els (well, the designer who designs underhis name...) but is now being tweaked and constructed by Graham Marsh.

http://www.bingaragorge.com.au/Bingara%20Gorge%20Home/Golf%20Course/Overview.aspx

Does anyone know anything more?

sms316
17th November 2010, 04:00 PM
I remember hearing about it when the Els anouncement was made but that is about it. Is Brett Lee involved?

Andrew
17th November 2010, 06:35 PM
I've been on their mailing list for what may be 10 years (although, may only be about 7 or 8 years). If they have started, they have only just started. I was down there about 3 months ago & not an inch of soil had been turned.

BrettM
17th November 2010, 06:41 PM
The preferred Marsh construction guys are on site and have been for several weeks. I spoke with the Project Manager a couple of weeks ago and they were in the process of getting the bulk earth works outline in place. When I flew over it last Saturday it looked like some construction of water storage dams had begun.

terrys
18th November 2010, 06:33 PM
They have had earth moving equipment on site for a month or so at least. i stopped by one day on the way home from Sydney to see what they were up to as they have erected lots of banners on the cyclone fencing so you can;t see in from the highway anymore.