PDA

View Full Version : Hux V Lucasto

Lucasto23
17th November 2010, 02:41 PM
We'll it's Queenslands finest v just another Uni bum.

Playing the big guy at brookwater, where he has some form and I have none :(

Hux - 19.5

Lucasto - 11.4

Nine shots, my odds are improving ;)

Anyone got any advice how to bring last years runner up down at Brooky :mrgreen:

Ferrins
17th November 2010, 02:50 PM
Ask Billybaub?

Lucasto23
17th November 2010, 02:53 PM
Good idea, but i can't play the next match if i am dead ;)

AndyP
17th November 2010, 02:53 PM
He seems to step up to win the holes he gets a shot on, so make sure you win the others.

Lucasto23
17th November 2010, 02:55 PM
He seems to step up to win the holes he gets a shot on, so make sure you win the others.

Good advice, might have to leave my driver at home then ;)

BrisVegas
17th November 2010, 03:25 PM
play better golf.

Daves
17th November 2010, 03:35 PM
A slingshot might help.

sms316
17th November 2010, 03:36 PM
Both ****s!

ddasey
17th November 2010, 03:38 PM
Perhaps an anonymous phone call to the CMC the day before may result in a no show :twisted:

Lucasto23
17th November 2010, 03:49 PM
A slingshot might help.

I could make one

Both ****s!

What ever lefty

Perhaps an anonymous phone call to the CMC the day before may result in a no show :twisted:

Sounds the best so far :) whats the number again?

Lucasto23
17th November 2010, 03:50 PM
play better golf.

Everytime i try it's a dissappiontment :(

Ned
17th November 2010, 04:52 PM
Take lots of shiny new, expensive, High End, pretty looking golf gear.

Ho versus Ho, what a calamity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:razz:

jaybam
17th November 2010, 06:18 PM
Push the bastard out of the cart going down the hill on four should do it :)

Ferrins
18th November 2010, 06:59 AM
Brookwater is way too much course for Hux so just play solid and watch him implode. If he is faced with a clutch up and down then just say you saw ddasey sink one like that with a flop shot.

At the end of the day the course suits a straight long hitter and hux would struggle to get his drive past your hybrid. as trees tend to have a negative effect on distance.

ddasey
18th November 2010, 07:15 AM
Brookwater is way too much course for Hux so just play solid and watch him implode. If he is faced with a clutch up and down then just say you saw ddasey sink one like that with a flop shot.

At the end of the day the course suits a straight long hitter and hux would struggle to get his drive past your hybrid. as trees tend to have a negative effect on distance.

:mrgreen:

PeteyD
18th November 2010, 07:23 AM
as trees tend to have a negative effect on distance.

Love it!!

BrisVegas
18th November 2010, 07:38 AM

Don't need to be long at all. We'll be playing the gold tees, remember. Fairway wood or hybrid is plenty off the tee on most holes. Driver is only 'needed' on 2 and 18 and an option on 8,13,17 if you hit it long enough to have a crack in 2 shots.

Ferrins
18th November 2010, 07:48 AM
Don't need to be long at all. We'll be playing the gold tees, remember. Fairway wood or hybrid is plenty off the tee on most holes. Driver is only 'needed' on 2 and 18 and an option on 8,13,17 if you hit it long enough to have a crack in 2 shots.
Pansy tees.

Hux
5th December 2010, 08:45 PM

Well - looks like you were WRONG - Lucas indeed smashes the hybrid incredible distances but it was all for nought.

The local has the knowledge.... Brookwater is actually not that bad - generally speaking there is probably as much width as Bribie when played off the golds - althought optically it is tighter.

MATCH REPORT

Another true example of Ozgofl mediocrity.
The match started
HLLH then a string of halves with Lucas winning the last to turn one up.
2nd nine was more of a punch for punch as I squared with a win then Lucas won etc. The game was square onto the par 3 16th where I had my last shot which I won with a par matching Lucas's par. The 17th was the clincher....both hit average tee shots although Lucas was well in front and I assume a betterview down the fairway.

Both our 2nd shots ended up high and left with 185m to the green - Lucas 5 m behind me. He takes out the mightly Adams hybrid and pushes it wide across the hazard into the bunda - at this point I settle into my 4 iron and finally clear the left hip and stroke the 4 iron into the front half of the green. Lucas dropped and flobbed his wedge into the hazard to hand teh match over 2 & 1.

Not exactly pretty but then neither were we nor our playing partners or the conditions for that matter :-)

Thanks for the game Lucas - the sledging was mighty good fun.

Lucasto23
5th December 2010, 08:51 PM
Well - looks like you were WRONG - Lucas indeed smashes the hybrid incredible distances but it was all for nought.

The local has the knowledge.... Brookwater is actually not that bad - generally speaking there is probably as much width as Bribie when played off the golds - althought optically it is tighter.

MATCH REPORT

Another true example of Ozgofl mediocrity.
The match started
HLLH then a string of halves with Lucas winning the last to turn one up.
2nd nine was more of a punch for punch as I squared with a win then Lucas won etc. The game was square onto the par 3 16th where I had my last shot which I won with a par matching Lucas's par. The 17th was the clincher....both hit average tee shots although Lucas was well in front and I assume a betterview down the fairway.

Both our 2nd shots ended up high and left with 185m to the green - Lucas 5 m behind me. He takes out the mightly Adams hybrid and pushes it wide across the hazard into the bunda - at this point I settle into my 4 iron and finally clear the left hip and stroke the 4 iron into the front half of the green. Lucas dropped and flobbed his wedge into the hazard to hand teh match over 2 & 1.

Not exactly pretty but then neither were we nor our playing partners or the conditions for that matter :-)

Thanks for the game Lucas - the sledging was mighty good fun.

History is written by the winners in the end and i could not win a single hole where he got a shot :(

Well played hux and it was a good lesson in sledging ;)

P.s you still hit it like a 6ft Plus girl :)

Eag's
5th December 2010, 08:52 PM
Nice win Hux, bad luck Lucas.

Moe Norman
5th December 2010, 09:30 PM
good luck against Damo Hux, you'll need it. He won his match 10 & 8

BrisVegas
5th December 2010, 09:37 PM

1 person likes this.

Daves
6th December 2010, 07:14 AM
Nice win Hux, bad luck Lucas.

x 2.

Jarro
6th December 2010, 08:18 AM

:lol: bannerworthy i reckon 8)

Bad luck in the matchplay Lucas .... Hux is a genuine burglar though so don't feel so bad ;)

ddasey
6th December 2010, 08:47 AM
Congrats Hux.

Bad luck Lucas.

Hux
6th December 2010, 08:51 PM

Bad luck in the matchplay Lucas .... Hux is a genuine burglar though so don't feel so bad ;)

Genuine burglar playing off 3 shots less than when I played you 6 months ago if you don't mind :-)

Jarro
6th December 2010, 08:55 PM
Genuine burglar playing off 3 shots less than when I played you 6 months ago if you don't mind :-)

And about time the handicapper caught up with you too :mrgreen:

Well played Sir 8)

Lucasto23
6th December 2010, 09:10 PM

Your right about that, he won almost every hole he got a shot on with a par ;)
but i also choked on a few short putts so he deserved the win immensely :)

Hux
6th December 2010, 09:33 PM
Your putting sucked...your chipping was awesome.
My putting sucked more...my chipping was far less awesome.

Your hybrid was long.....
My driver was not as long.....

Your hybrid long into the crap was in the crap....
My short driver into the crap wasn't int the crap.... :-)

26 vs 25 pts was about right for how we both played mate.

Lucasto23
6th December 2010, 09:38 PM
Your putting sucked...your chipping was awesome.
My putting sucked more...my chipping was far less awesome.

Your hybrid was long.....
My driver was not as long.....

Your hybrid long into the crap was in the crap....
My short driver into the crap wasn't int the crap.... :-)

26 vs 25 pts was about right for how we both played mate.

as i said you deserved the win mate :)