PDA

View Full Version : Sky it you buy it!

perci
16th November 2010, 08:49 PM
Well it happened to me today with one of Nudgee's finest so I need to move some stuff to cough up -

Superdeep TP 9.5* with stiff 70 Rip Gamma,GC with h/c and w/kit $325 shipped....Traded!

Ping i15 9.5* with S65 Motore F1,44.75" D4 {hot melted} GC with cover $180 shipped.......Sold to Morgy!

Minor_Threat
16th November 2010, 08:52 PM
Obviously wasn't a mates club that you skyed.

Tomson
16th November 2010, 08:52 PM
Can I buy what you skyed?

morgy
16th November 2010, 08:58 PM
keen on pics of the i15 Perci, head and shaft if thats cool.

timah!
16th November 2010, 09:09 PM
Morgy, Perci doesn't do pics, but it's quality!

morgy
16th November 2010, 09:14 PM
sweet as, is this the shaft?: http://www.golfgearselect.com/fujikura-motore-f1-shaft-review/

How does it play?

perci
16th November 2010, 09:16 PM
Thanks Tim,Morgy head and shaft came from Lucas you will find pics in one of his threads,Tom its a tour issue FT Tour 9.5* with a Di7s tipped an inch but with a fairly hefty price!

MT by the way it was a good mates club I skyed!

Tomson
16th November 2010, 09:18 PM
How bad is the sky? would you sell the head only?

perci
16th November 2010, 09:23 PM
Mate it wasn't a proper sky just hit high toe witch displaced a 3mm'ish chip from the leading edge,will talk turkey on the head after i have a game with it!

morgy
16th November 2010, 09:24 PM
I'll grab the i15, PM sent.

perci
16th November 2010, 09:30 PM

Done!

MegaWatty
16th November 2010, 09:30 PM

Welcome back. You've been a little quiet of late with the purchasing.

Minor_Threat
16th November 2010, 09:33 PM
MT by the way it was a good mates club I skyed!Fair enough mate, just wondering if you are volunteering to buy it?

morgy
16th November 2010, 09:34 PM
Welcome back. You've been a little quiet of late with the purchasing.

Thanks mate :)! Been busy organising my pending engagement party...... something tells me I may not make the wedding if she finds out I'm back in the game lol

perci
16th November 2010, 09:38 PM
Fair enough mate, just wondering if you are volunteering to buy it?

Just call it mutual respect!

Ferrins
16th November 2010, 09:42 PM
Do you guys share towels?

perci
16th November 2010, 09:47 PM
Do you guys share towels?

Not anymore!

Ned
16th November 2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks Tim,Morgy head and shaft came from Lucas you will find pics in one of his threads,Tom its a tour issue FT Tour 9.5* with a Di7s tipped an inch but with a fairly hefty price!

MT by the way it was a good mates club I skyed!

As with anything involving perci, its always quality.................be it gear or putting idiot marks on things. (I think he is following Hux's lead when he put an idiot mark on the Seth Afrikaans VR that he then instantly owned as well)

Choppa
16th November 2010, 11:06 PM
What is it with people skying (then purchasing) Nudgee's clubs!

perci
16th November 2010, 11:08 PM
Oih said Sky not idiot mark mate,I don't want to be stereotyped as a hacker!

perci
16th November 2010, 11:09 PM
What is it with people skying (then purchasing) Nudgee's clubs!

You seen the size of him?

Ned
16th November 2010, 11:11 PM
Oih said Sky not idiot mark mate,I don't want to be stereotyped as a hacker!

:razz:

Should have gotten that TM off you today!!!!!!!!!!

Moe Norman
16th November 2010, 11:26 PM
Fair enough mate, just wondering if you are volunteering to buy it?

standard practice - you sky, you buy

Choppa
16th November 2010, 11:31 PM
You seen the size of him?

Oh I know you gotta purchase ;)

It just only ever seems to happen to Nudgee's clubs.

Minor_Threat
17th November 2010, 07:46 AM
standard practice - you sky, you buyI am familiar with the term, I have never seen or heard of it actually being enforced though.

TheTrueReview
17th November 2010, 08:17 AM
I am familiar with the term, I have never seen or heard of it actually being enforced though.

I've heard of the "sorry mate. Here ya go. You can have it back now" term. Much more common.

Moe Norman
17th November 2010, 08:37 AM
you must hang around with bad blokes then

Eag's
17th November 2010, 08:48 AM
I would have thought it was just common courtesy to buy the then damaged club.
I know I would if I damaged one of my mates brand new clubs. Anyone who has been around Oz Golf long enough knows it goes without saying.

perci
17th November 2010, 09:20 AM
I supose its a bit like knocking up your mates misses,you and him have a falling out,you and her shack up together!

Minor_Threat
17th November 2010, 09:21 AM
I have no problem with it, but it is just something I wouldn't expect a mate to have to buy it.

Maybe Im just too easy going?

TheTrueReview
17th November 2010, 09:27 AM
you must hang around with bad blokes then

Hopefully not. Unfortunately in life, self interest always wins by a short half head. I'm not saying it's right but I don't know of too many guys who would pay out $300+ after sky-marking a driver that they've had one (unfortunate) hit with during a round.

Ferrins
17th November 2010, 09:32 AM
Why not just run a strip of tape on the top and avoid the issue

Tomson
17th November 2010, 09:42 AM
I'd be glad to sky any of perci's or nudgee's clubs just to buy to them. ;)

LeftyHoges
17th November 2010, 09:56 AM
Do you get to buy it for a discounted price because it has a sky mark on it???

Moe Norman
17th November 2010, 11:11 AM
I have no problem with it, but it is just something I wouldn't expect a mate to have to buy it.

Maybe Im just too easy going?

you have low expectations of your mates.

I wouldn't ask or demand any of mine to buy it, but at the same time, I know they would.

just
17th November 2010, 11:29 AM

I wouldn't ask or demand any of mine to buy it, but at the same time, I know they would.

I agree. Which is why I never try anyone else's clubs with the exception of putters (even I would have try hard to put a sky mark on a putter). If I damaged a club I would feel compelled to pay for it.

braddles
17th November 2010, 11:36 AM
The problem is that those people who sky clubs generally have a driver covered with sky marks. They consider this normal and don't see the issue.

I had a mate sky my Superfast TP (second round I used it) and I told him he just bought it. He didn't know what I was talking about, despite me saying "you sky it, you buy it" before he hit it. I should have just said no when he asked to try it!

Collis
17th November 2010, 11:46 AM
Did he end up buying it Brad?
Im sure a lot of people may wanted a discount superfast tp lol

Tomson
17th November 2010, 12:12 PM
I sky people clubs all the time.. I thought it was the cool thing to do ;)

Captain Nemo
17th November 2010, 12:21 PM
I sky people clubs all the time.. I thought it was the cool thing to do ;)

Is that how you got that Nike haed cheap?:)
speaking of........pics?:roll:

Eldrick
17th November 2010, 12:24 PM
bloody hell, the only time my drives go straight is when i sky it

Minor_Threat
17th November 2010, 12:39 PM

I wouldn't ask or demand any of mine to buy it, but at the same time, I know they would.No thats not the case at all, my mates would offer to replace the club. IMO they are just golf clubs, a sky mark is not going to affect its performance!

sms316
17th November 2010, 12:44 PM
Sometimes being left handed has its good side.

braddles
17th November 2010, 01:46 PM
Did he end up buying it Brad?
Im sure a lot of people may wanted a discount superfast tp lol

He didn't buy it. It has been sold, sorry mate! I skied my three wood a couple of weeks ago - black faced woods aren't made for hackers like me!

Chris32
17th November 2010, 02:07 PM
Had a guy at the range sky a old 7.5* driver I had at the time, it was with a dirty old range ball too! I heard it happen and he just wiped the edge with his thumb and gave it back! It was like half a 20c piece towards the toe too, no sorry or nothing, luckily with a bit of car polish it came up ok

macjackass
17th November 2010, 02:12 PM
Had a guy at the range sky a old 7.5* driver I had at the time, it was with a dirty old range ball too! I heard it happen and he just wiped the edge with his thumb and gave it back! It was like half a 20c piece towards the toe too, no sorry or nothing, luckily with a bit of car polish it came up ok

That is shit form. I'm guessing you didn't know him?

oncewasagolfer
17th November 2010, 02:29 PM
I was out at a mates the other week and we decided to hit some balls in his paddock he hasn't been playing for a while and when he played every week he was prone to the odd sky shot or two. Anyway I hit some balls with my driver then he wanted to have a hit with it I politely declined which he didn't understand so he went and grabbed his club and aired the first shot then skyed the next 10 some were like flop shots hehe. Best decision I have made in a while:)

Chris32
17th November 2010, 02:45 PM
That is shit form. I'm guessing you didn't know him?

Nah, no idea who he was but wanted to hit my driver after he saw it was quite a low loft, so I said yeah - no huge drama as I busted the shaft a week or so later and the head had a few more marks on it after that. It cleaned up ok in the end, it was a old Cobra 370SS 'Unlimited' with the hot face

perci
17th November 2010, 04:27 PM
Ok enough debate,do any of you clowns want to buy a Superdeep or wedge?

Lucasto23
17th November 2010, 04:46 PM
I want to, but i cant :(

rodders
17th November 2010, 07:35 PM
Super deep great club.

Toothpaste on your finger and gentle rub on club does wonders for skymarks!

Hux
17th November 2010, 11:30 PM
I am familiar with the term, I have never seen or heard of it actually being enforced though.

It's not enforced...it's the honourable thing to do - you are either a mate or not. We were and still are mates. Besides it was hard to find a 10.5* vr Tour at the time...got mine quick and easy :-)