PDA

View Full Version : Blackheath GC

live4golf
16th November 2010, 11:12 AM
What a beautiful course!!

We have just come back from our annual golf trip, this year was in the Blue Mountains. We played Blackheath on Saturday and spent most of our time at the club on Friday and Sunday. The course itself is stunning, not as long as some but still quite a challenge. Blackheath is a course that you simply enjoy playing, it has gardens, lush fairways, wonderful trees, sensational greens and is just a very relaxing round.

The people at Blackheath is what really makes it. We were welcomed by the Lady President (who joined us in a bit of a sing song), the staff were wonderful, the smart-ass Kiwi chef (don’t ever call him cook :)) made us Humble Pie after the League (sensational feed). The pro was very accommodating.

If you are in the Blue Mountains, Blackheath is a MUST PLAY!!...

Check out the Red Leaf Resort for accommodation, very nice place and walking distance to the clubhouse :)

davepuppies
16th November 2010, 09:30 PM
Blackheath was the premier golf club in the mountains as i was growing up as a junior.

It was very well conditioned and a noce layout.... seems that nothing has changed?

My club has recipricals with Blackheath, i might have to give it another go (has been like 15 years!)