PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Mt Warren Park, Wednesday November 17, 9am-ish

AndyP
11th November 2010, 08:53 PM
Daves and I are having a bash there, as we haven't played there before. It will be in a comp, and $24 was the last reported cost.

You know you want to play too.

1. Lagerlover 38pts
2. Daves 37pts
3. AndyP 36pts

petethepilot
11th November 2010, 11:27 PM
You are both hardy souls!!

AndyP
14th November 2010, 11:22 PM
What can you tell us? Rusty has told me that it is okay.

AndyP
16th November 2010, 10:37 AM
Dave, I will probably be there a little before 9, but 9am is the time we will work off, in case I run into unexpected traffic. We will hit off whenever we are both there.

Daves
16th November 2010, 10:40 AM
Dave, I will probably be there a little before 9, but 9am is the time we will work off, in case I run into unexpected traffic. We will hit off whenever we are both there.

:smt023 Will probably get there about 8.30am, traffic allowing.

Lagerlover
16th November 2010, 09:39 PM
Just read you have a group on the go, am I too late?, if not do you mind if I join you. Do you guys walk or cart it?

Daves
16th November 2010, 09:44 PM
We will be walking LL. You are more than welcome to join us if there is a free spot. Andy will need to confirm.

AndyP
16th November 2010, 09:49 PM
There are plenty of free spots, as we didn't have to book in; I was told to just turn up. It's looking likely that I will be there closer to 8:30, rather than 9a.

Lagerlover
16th November 2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks gentlemen see you there from 8.30. I will be the fat bastard wearing the black bridgestone cap. Give me an idea as to how I am going to find you blokes?

AndyP
16th November 2010, 10:20 PM
I'll have a brown pinstripe Ogio bag, a red Srixon hat and I'll wear my navy with red sidestripes OZgolf shirt especially for your OZgolf debut.

Daves may or may not have his walking cane.

timah!
16th November 2010, 10:23 PM
You are branching out into the colour aren't you?! :D

AndyP
16th November 2010, 10:29 PM
I reluctantly wear colours other than orange or brown sometimes.

Daves
16th November 2010, 10:35 PM
Ignore Andy LL, he is colour challenged and obviously also has vision problems, I am just extremely well endowed that is all;)

I am 6'5" and will be wearing a black Titleist cap.

AndyP
16th November 2010, 10:40 PM
18 holes is a long time to ignore me, Dave.

timah!
16th November 2010, 10:56 PM
Luckily Mt Warren plays short!

I need to get some colours other than black into my golfing wardrobe!

AndyP
17th November 2010, 04:26 PM
1. Lagerlover 38pts
2. Daves 37pts
3. AndyP 36pts

Interesting course and definitely value for money at $16 for the comp. I was a bit concerned when on the practice green watching the ladies comp hit off in a stroke comp and seeing how slow they were. Fortunately, we hit off from the 10th tee.

We played off the white tees which were way way too far forward (yet the ACR won't change). Most of the time they were near the ladies tees. This took most of the bite out of the course, however what it did do was make the dogleg corners too close, and there were too many; I drove through plenty of them. Condition was okay, but nothing special. It wasn't a great course, but I'd play there again, especially now that I have a little more local knowledge. The ACR will probably be 71, but should be 69 or even 68.

Congratulations to Daves on his eagle on the "par 4" 6th (LL and I birdied it). They had it set up as a temporary 54m hole. :shock:

Well done to Lagerlover on his win on debut, although I thought you were chopping it up more than that.

ddasey
17th November 2010, 04:30 PM
1. Lagerlover 38pts
2. Daves 37pts
3. AndyP 36pts

Gee Andy only 36 points. The run of good form over ?? :mrgreen:

AndyP
17th November 2010, 04:35 PM
Shit round and my handicap will still go down probably.

Yossarian
17th November 2010, 04:36 PM
54m par 4?

Daves
17th November 2010, 04:37 PM
54m par 4?

And it was downhill!

AndyP
17th November 2010, 04:38 PM
54m par 4?Yep. The card still listed the hole as par 4, index 9, so that's how you score it, despite the tee shot being a pitch (I still didn't hit the green). 2 and 5 points for Daves, and 3 and 4 for us.

Daves
17th November 2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the round Andy and Richard.

I agree with Andy's comments, too many doglegs and a bit rough in places, but I have seen worse. For $16 in the comp it was quite acceptable and good value.

sms316
17th November 2010, 04:40 PM
Compared to McLeod?

AndyP
17th November 2010, 04:43 PM
I'll have a round at McLeod within a couple of weeks to see what all the fuss is about.

Daves
17th November 2010, 06:55 PM
Compared to McLeod?

MacLeod is clearly a better layout, but Mt Warren would pip it on overall condition if my 1 round experience of McLeod is the norm.

I should add the the bar staff in RSL would be the equivalent of MacLeod, so 1 all there.

timah!
17th November 2010, 07:01 PM
We played off the white tees which were way way too far forward (yet the ACR won't change). Most of the time they were near the ladies tees. This took most of the bite out of the course, however what it did do was make the dogleg corners too close, and there were too many; I drove through plenty of them. Condition was okay, but nothing special. It wasn't a great course, but I'd play there again, especially now that I have a little more local knowledge. The ACR will probably be 71, but should be 69 or even 68.

Congratulations to Daves on his eagle on the "par 4" 6th (LL and I birdied it). They had it set up as a temporary 54m hole. :shock:

Kinda glad I went the Windaroo route for membership.

Why the 6th so short? It should be a short par 4, but not that short!

Daves
17th November 2010, 07:03 PM
They were building a new tee, and doing repair work to the fairway.

Windaroo is a way better course than Mt. Warren Park.

Steve57
17th November 2010, 07:04 PM
They have built up the whole right hand side of the fairway so that you dont run down into the creek anymore and you can hit away from the houses.
I thought it would have been finished by now as it looked to be nearly complete when we played pennant there in March.

Daves
17th November 2010, 07:13 PM
Andy,

have worked out why the course distance markers (200m, 150m & 100m) seemed to be out. They are to the fronts of the greens, not middle.

AndyP
17th November 2010, 07:28 PM
Andy,

have worked out why the course distance markers (200m, 150m & 100m) seemed to be out. They are to the fronts of the greens, not middle.
That's strange. In that case I was lucky to reach the green on the one hole I relied on them. Great Neo file though.

Another oddity was the stroke indexes. They seemed to be random rather than reflecting the relative toughness of a hole.

timah!
17th November 2010, 07:39 PM
What was indexed 1 these days? I'm guessing either 2 or 17?

AndyP
17th November 2010, 07:53 PM
I thought 2 was easily the hardest and the index was 1. The tee was only forward 20m, so still at 370m, yet I (short hitter) hit driver through the dogleg.

Stupid! There's no decision to make or risk/reward strategy. You have to hit it to one place only to get around the corner and still have 150-160m in.

Daves
17th November 2010, 07:53 PM
What was indexed 1 these days? I'm guessing either 2 or 17?

Was 2, which is the stand out toughest hole on the course. 17th is a par 5 and index 10.

Lagerlover
17th November 2010, 08:05 PM
To the two of you, thanks again for the day.
1. How could you possibly have posted so many threads in such little time?
2. Andy now I am in the safety of my own home, how the frock did you not make that challenging 54m green?
3. and most importantly, thanks for not mentioning the fact you had to pay for my first ozgolf adventure.............thanks dave, great day

Daves
17th November 2010, 08:10 PM
To the two of you, thanks again for the day.
1. How could you possibly have posted so many threads in such little time?

Lots of practice, and we are FOS;)

2. Andy now I am in the safety of my own home, how the frock did you not make that challenging 54m green?He under clubbed:lol:

3. and most importantly, thanks for not mentioning the fact you had to pay for my first ozgolf adventure.............thanks dave, great dayWe keep that sort of stuff up our sleeves for a good sledge at the appropriate time next round;)

AndyP
17th November 2010, 08:17 PM
1. How could you possibly have posted so many threads in such little time?It's Dave. Sometimes I think he never logs off.....

2. Andy now I am in the safety of my own home, how the frock did you not make that challenging 54m green?I prefer full swing shots and as a result had little confidence over the ball. I drop kicked that one. I should have went with the bump and run 7 iron that I was initially going with. I still got a 3.

3. and most importantly, thanks for not mentioning the fact you had to pay for my first ozgolf adventure.............thanks dave, great dayIt was pretty dodgy behaviour for a 3-poster.

Thanks for the day.

timah!
17th November 2010, 08:18 PM
2 was always tough. Into the wind, you'd always be laying up, with a blind shot over the gully. The tees were usually back though.

14 wasn't too bad of a hole. But yes, it was doglegged to the max!

Have they added any more bunkers to the course, other than 17?

timah!
17th November 2010, 08:19 PM
Lagerlover, feel free to join us on Sunday at Carbrook!

Daves
17th November 2010, 08:25 PM
2 was always tough. Into the wind, you'd always be laying up, with a blind shot over the gully. The tees were usually back though.

14 wasn't too bad of a hole. But yes, it was doglegged to the max!

Have they added any more bunkers to the course, other than 17?

There were only a couple of holes with bunkers, none on the front nine at all that I can recall. The 11th has 2 green side, 13th has 2 green sides and 2 on the 17th.

timah!
17th November 2010, 08:27 PM
it means they've added 5 bunkers over the last 10 years!

Lagerlover
17th November 2010, 08:37 PM
Lagerlover, feel free to join us on Sunday at Carbrook!

I appreciate the invite... got a bit on at moment, look forward to taking up your offer in the new year.... you pay of course, ( i'm assuming that"s the norm?)

timah!
17th November 2010, 08:47 PM
I'm married, I always pay! :D

But no, you're not that lucky!

AndyP
19th November 2010, 06:10 PM
We played off the white tees which were way way too far forward (yet the ACR won't change). ..... The ACR will probably be 71, but should be 69 or even 68.

Soooo, for golflink they adjusted the par back one to 71, despite the card saying 72; adjusted all of our scores back one stroke and didn't touch the ACR. That's not right at all.

That's handicap chops for all three of us.

That's a new all time low for Daves. Well done!

Daves
19th November 2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks Andy,

just need a played to 12 now and I can get to 11.4.

Strange way they handled the altered course, but I guess we can be thankful at least they entered the cards into GolfLink!.

AndyP
19th November 2010, 11:51 PM
I was due for an error in my favour.

I Tapatalk, therefore I am.

Daves
28th November 2010, 09:44 AM
I appreciate the invite... got a bit on at moment, look forward to taking up your offer in the new year.... you pay of course, ( i'm assuming that"s the norm?)

Hey Richard,

can't seem to get a pm to you? Have you got pms switched off?, or are you still on probation!?;)

just
28th November 2010, 09:49 AM
He's on Dean Wormers Double Secret Probation.

AndyP
28th November 2010, 09:52 AM
Hey Richard,

can't seem to get a pm to you? Have you got pms switched off?, or are you still on probation!?;)His account wasn't as a full registered user. I don't know why. Try a PM now, Daves.

Daves
28th November 2010, 10:01 AM
His account wasn't as a full registered user. I don't know why. Try a PM now, Daves.

Thanks Andy, works now.

PeteyD
28th November 2010, 07:54 PM
He's on Dean Wormers Double Secret Probation.

Where is Mrs Wormer?