PDA

View Full Version : Gordonvale Manager coming to Mackay

Onewood
4th November 2010, 04:23 PM
Quote from our Bunker news letter
I am pleased to advise that Eric Howarth has accepted the position of General Manager of Mackay Golf Club with a start date in mid November. Eric comes to us with extensive private business background but more recently as Man-ager of Gordonvale Golf Club.

Anybody know Eric?

macjackass
4th November 2010, 04:29 PM
Are the plovers still a huge pest at Mackay GC?

haysey
4th November 2010, 04:37 PM
Yep. I've golfed with him a few times. Nice guy.

razaar
4th November 2010, 06:20 PM
haysey

I wonder if he is he a relation of Ray Howarth (an ex Aust rep who played out of Half Moon Bay GC ) two generations ago. I think there is an annual memorial event in his name at HMB GC.

haysey
4th November 2010, 07:31 PM
haysey

I wonder if he is he a relation of Ray Howarth (an ex Aust rep who played out of Half Moon Bay GC ) two generations ago. I think there is an annual memorial event in his name at HMB GC.

No idea Ray, if he is he certainly didn't inherit any golfing ability.

Onewood, Eric is a really nice, approachable bloke.

About his managerial ability I can't really comment. Although I golfed with him a few times while he was manager of royal G and got the impression he was struggling to get his ideas across to what sounded like a fairly dysfunctional board.

solarman
4th November 2010, 08:28 PM
haysey

No relation

Onewood
5th November 2010, 08:17 AM
I'm sure he'll fit in OK, the old guys (nicknamed DADS ARMY) will keep him in tow :)

macjackass, we still have the plover problem but not as many these days