Minor_Threat
4th November 2010, 12:46 PM
Very sad indeed..

TheTrueReview
4th November 2010, 12:48 PM
Yep, way to young.

kpac
4th November 2010, 01:03 PM
terrible, and the way it happened is pretty scary. Top of the world one moment, and sick the next. Just an awful turn of events

razaar
4th November 2010, 01:38 PM
This case seems a bit strange in this day and age.

just
4th November 2010, 01:48 PM
This case seems a bit strange in this day and age.
Why? Overdosing on prescription drugs is pretty common, especially anti-anxiety and sleeping pills. Even less strange when you find out that he was in poor shape due to illness and checked himself out of a hospital. Prone to making poor decisions in that state.

You've got to feel for his pregnant wife.

razaar
4th November 2010, 03:23 PM
Why? Overdosing on prescription drugs is pretty common, especially anti-anxiety and sleeping pills. Even less strange when you find out that he was in poor shape due to illness and checked himself out of a hospital. Prone to making poor decisions in that state.

You've got to feel for his pregnant wife.
I only heard it on the radio yesterday, which mentioned that he had been suffering with dengue fever. Didn't hear anything about an overdose but then again I wasn't that interested to follow up.

TheTrueReview
4th November 2010, 03:28 PM
Does anyone know where he died? In the cab on the way to the airport? On the plane home? Back at home?

just
4th November 2010, 03:29 PM
In a hotel room.

Yossarian
4th November 2010, 06:29 PM
I heard something about methadone.

TheTrueReview
4th November 2010, 07:11 PM
I heard something about methadone.

When shooting up? :razz:

goughy
4th November 2010, 07:23 PM
Airport hotel room wasn't it.

rubin
4th November 2010, 07:28 PM
He died from dengue fever on the way home from porto rico. Had a stopover in Texas before his flight to Hawaii. Was feeling crook in the airport and missed the connection.
He then checked into a hotel and the staff found him dead the following morning.

Someone tried telling the press it was a methodone o/d which was reported (and now proven) incorrect.

Bit of a sh** move by someone telling press it was a methodone o/d right after he died as well. The guy missed the last round in Porto Rico due to illness. They didn't know it was dengue fever until after he died.

just
4th November 2010, 08:00 PM
Except that the police are treating it as a drug overdose because of the bottles of anti-anxiety and sleeping pills he was found with. There's no proof that died from the dengue fever either, merely that he was sick. And apparently they did know it was Dengue Fever before he died because apparently he spent a couple of days in a hotel in Miami before he decided to check out and head home.

Yossarian
4th November 2010, 09:49 PM
When shooting up? :razz:

Needles make me faint.

AlexMc
4th November 2010, 10:00 PM
The last I heard the coroner suggested the cause of death was inconclusive.

Incredibly sad no matter how he died. Awesome surfer.

MegaWatty
4th November 2010, 10:03 PM
I believe a Toxicologist inspects the body after the coroner. Not that it really matters.

henno
4th November 2010, 10:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcYjh2kfMBk