PDA

View Full Version : Horse racing tips (or other betting)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

LeftyHoges
3rd November 2010, 06:48 PM
I figure with all of G69's and Eag's (and others) success lately we should start something to alert us all to the value bets and hot tips that we all get privy to every now and then.

Of course posting in here is purely voluntary and youre not obliged to share your winner with everyone but I thought it would be nice.

And it goes without saying that all posts in here are tips only and someone should not be blamed for recommending a donkey that loses your last two bob.

I receive a weekly newsletter from BetEzy with tips (usually around a 50% hit rate) that I'll try to update to this thread every time I receive it.

So, share the love.... Who's your next "dead cert"?!

AndyP
3rd November 2010, 07:03 PM
NK is a dead cert to win NQ matchplay. However at odds of $1.00000001, it's not worth betting on.

LeftyHoges
3rd November 2010, 07:10 PM
NK is a dead cert to win NQ matchplay. However at odds of $1.00000001, it's not worth betting on.

I have a billion dollars to put on this match though. What's my return and where do I bet? ;)

Eag's
4th November 2010, 07:43 AM
I like your idea Lefty. There seems to be quite a few keen punters on here so it could be good fun 8-)

BroKar
4th November 2010, 08:00 AM
I like one each way in the oaks, shezaten, it doesn't look like a strong oaks this year

Eag's
4th November 2010, 08:09 AM
I like one each way in the oaks, shezaten, it doesn't look like a strong oaks this year

Nice I am very keen on her as well, I just posted this a minute ago in the Cup thread :)

I like Shezaten in the Oaks today, she will be juicy odds and loves the wet & stays all day.

WBennett
4th November 2010, 08:47 AM
Wakeful form is good form, and Mike Moroney's Brazilian Pulse looks like it could stay all day.

Want a little bit of value - Heartsareforlove keeps running places at 30/1. Might just be good enough to sneak into the places again today at some juicy odds.

AndyP
4th November 2010, 08:49 AM
Shezaten better win.

BroKar
4th November 2010, 09:26 AM
wbennett i agree most years but look how bunched they were, her price is too low even if she does win, out of that race i would be backing sasa or hayes filly marasheem or somthing

henno
4th November 2010, 09:50 AM
I'm broke, so I'm on a cheapo box tri: Brazilian Pulse, Heartsareforlove, Shezaten - with Brazilian Pulse as standout.

I'm also going to have a flutter on Silver Bullion in race 8. It's a throw-away bet but at 42-1 it was worth some loose change on an each-way in a race that almost any horse could win.

kpac
4th November 2010, 09:59 AM
oh why not:

MARAASEEM - take it for the place

they'll pass the post in a bunch, and this thing should be there abouts, doesn't mind swimming, plus forms ok. And you'll get better return on the place than the pulse for the win, i'd prefer to kick home the outsider myself ;)

Other tip: keep you eye on the crowd!

WBennett
4th November 2010, 10:15 AM
Backpage lead's racing insider goes ok too - no Gerard Whately, but handy.

http://www.backpagelead.com.au/horse-racing/2995-the-inside-word-on-oaks-day

He's backed off on Brazilian Pulse after tipping it Saturday. So ignore anything else I have said!

Royal Ida fresh in R8 - finally with 'only' 57.5kgs.

Each way at 12's might be worth a little look.

poidda
4th November 2010, 10:17 AM
Brisbane to win the A-League at $21. you should have got on that a few months ago. :)

kpac
4th November 2010, 10:41 AM
Nice one mate....are you one of those clowns that cheers madly when your horse is leading as they go past the post in the first lap of the Cup too ?

He's also one of the blokes that will bet on BLACK at the roulette wheel continuously, in the theory that "it'll come around eventually"

BroKar
4th November 2010, 10:46 AM
I agree completely Golfer69, my only issue with Sasa is the fact that she has done this quite a few times now, i mean how many plunges have the Tim Martin stable tried to pull off with this horse and failed?

I will probably save on her but from the Wakeful the 2 for me are Sasa and Marraaseem or whatever it is called.

Eag's
4th November 2010, 11:12 AM
OK, sitting here in our hotel room watching the rain piss down outside, so nothing left to do(before you ask Sms, already done that ;)) but have a punt 8-)
Here are a few value runners at Flemington today.

Race 5 no 11 Alpha Proxima @ $10
Race 6 no 13 Shezaten @ $31
Race 7 no 7 Crawfish @ $10

Good luck people.

Eag's
4th November 2010, 11:24 AM
:lol:

henno
4th November 2010, 11:40 AM
As an aside, bye bye So You Think: He's been sold to Coolmore Stud (http://www.news.com.au/national/bart-cummings-fumes-at-cloak-and-dagger-sale-of-so-you-think/story-e6frfkw0-1225947593689)

PeteyD
4th November 2010, 12:21 PM
wawaw poor Bart. I think they were offered 60 million or something, for a horse that came 3rd!

Eag's
4th November 2010, 12:22 PM
It would be very sad if we didn't get to see this great Champion go around again in Oz.

kpac
4th November 2010, 12:28 PM
great Champion

wooo wooo, steady up.... still work to be done yet. Don't go the early crow, i hope there's plenty lets in it!!

Eag's
4th November 2010, 12:48 PM
Any horse than can win 2 Cox plates and numerous Group ones, place in a Melbourne Cup and has only just turned 4 is very special Kpac.
Not to mention almost $6 mil in prizemoney. I have seen horses achieve half of that yet get called Champions.

AndyP
4th November 2010, 12:49 PM
Sportingbet had it at $26.

Eag's
4th November 2010, 12:52 PM
I got on early AP.

AndyP
4th November 2010, 01:05 PM
I think Sportingbet odds are generally crappier anyway, since they have a lower minimum bet limit.

What time is this race?

henno
4th November 2010, 01:07 PM
Sportingbet had it at $26.

I got on early AP.

I have it at $36. ;-)

Eag's
4th November 2010, 01:15 PM
I think Sportingbet odds are generally crappier anyway, since they have a lower minimum bet limit.

What time is this race?

Race starts at 1:55 AP.

AndyP
4th November 2010, 01:32 PM
Alright. Go Horsey!

poidda
4th November 2010, 01:42 PM
Nice one mate....are you one of those clowns that cheers madly when your horse is leading as they go past the post in the first lap of the Cup too ?

Nah, but I am one of those blokes that when it goes past the post in the first lap and is the hot fav to win at 4s, I will close the bet down and collect 17s without having to win the race.

You're such an amateur sometimes 69er. :)

He's also one of the blokes that will bet on BLACK at the roulette wheel continuously, in the theory that "it'll come around eventually"

Worst mugs game ever.

poidda
4th November 2010, 01:45 PM
I have it at $36. ;-)

I'll jump on this bandwagon as well. Betfair has it at 36s still. Go you good thing.

poidda
4th November 2010, 02:14 PM
poiddy are you on those clowns to be premiers or win the GF ?

Win the GF

LeftyHoges
4th November 2010, 02:26 PM
Good start with Eag's tips. Had $10 each way on Alpha Proxima. Paid $2.90 via BetEzy.

Small profit to start but a profit none-the-less.

kpac
4th November 2010, 02:41 PM
crickey, which of you cats took my tip and put the mortgage on it??
Maraaseem have been pumped in the betting.. maybe i should have put it on the snout.

Onewood
4th November 2010, 02:47 PM
crickey, which of you cats took my tip and put the mortgage on it??
Maraaseem have been pumped in the betting.. maybe i should have put it on the snout.
kpac you know everybody trust each other here,(until after the racers today anyway) so everybody is on it :)

kpac
4th November 2010, 02:57 PM
Any horse than can win 2 Cox plates and numerous Group ones, place in a Melbourne Cup and has only just turned 4 is very special Kpac.
Not to mention almost $6 mil in prizemoney. I have seen horses achieve half of that yet get called Champions.

Oh it's a great horse, even a champion of a 4 year old. But throwing stuff like 'great champion' around is a bit harsh on the likes of Carbine/MDiva/Affirmed/SeaBirdII and many more.
I want to see a few more years of So You Think. I'd like to think it could rival some of those great names if given the chance!

kpac
4th November 2010, 03:01 PM
kpac you know everybody trust each other here,(until after the racers today anyway) so everybody is on it :)

Certainly hope everyone avoided all the suggestions then ;)

Eag's
4th November 2010, 03:02 PM
Agreed Kpac.

Shezaten ran out of gas at the 100m mark :(

kpac
4th November 2010, 03:06 PM
Agreed Kpac.

Shezaten ran out of gas at the 100m mark :(

Add to that, the fave looked good for the trip. Was probably a little hopeful for an upset - seems the ozgolfer like a bit of value ;)

Hope your other get home mate!

AndyP
4th November 2010, 03:07 PM
I have to go back to work early now.

Eag's
4th November 2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah the fav won very well, I just can't back anything that short, odds on... look on :)

henno
4th November 2010, 03:31 PM
odds on... look on :)

Yep!

LeftyHoges
4th November 2010, 03:48 PM
Another winner. $10 each way on Brazilian pulse for a $45 return.

Hope crawfish can get it done in the next race and it'll be a good day.

Eag's
4th November 2010, 03:49 PM
Here are a few value runners at Flemington today.

Race 5 no 11 Alpha Proxima @ $10
Race 7 no 7 Crawfish @ $10

Good luck people.

No good with my tips running 3rd, 5th & 4th.

Daves
4th November 2010, 03:49 PM
Another winner. $10 each way on Brazilian pulse for a $45 return.

Hope crawfish can get it done in the next race and it'll be a good day.

Uh nope, ran 4th.

LeftyHoges
4th November 2010, 03:55 PM
Never mind. 4th for Crawfish. No good even for an each way. Still, $75 return for $50 of bets. Do that every time I gamble I'll be a happy man. Might go home and piss it all away on some more races at 4:00.

Happy days!

PerryGroves
4th November 2010, 04:08 PM
Cannington Dogs at midnight after a night on the tiles is always a good play

Onewood
4th November 2010, 04:12 PM
Cannington Dogs at midnight after a night on the tiles is always a good play

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Monaghan

PerryGroves
4th November 2010, 06:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Monaghan

Joel wouldn't be in this mess if he stuck with greyhounds, they have the cage over their muzzle

Eag's
5th November 2010, 05:18 PM
Another top day tomorrow at Flemington, it looks like the surface may be dead or better.
I can't wait to see Black Caviar & Hay List go head to head in race 5 :) OK, here are my picks.

Flemington Race 2 no 13 Willy Jimmy @ $9.00
Race 6 no 14 Palacio De Cristal @ $12.00 - Quite keen on her in a very open race.
Race 7 no 4 Marheta @ $23.00 - Has been very unlucky last few starts, gets to the right distance, juicy odds.
Race 8 no 12 Mr Charlie @ $10.00

Doomben Race 8 no 5 Big Chance @ $9.00

All prices are from Uni Tab fixed market, good luck people :)

LeftyHoges
5th November 2010, 05:28 PM
Bets placed Eags, hope you're onto a few good 'uns there.

From the BetEzy newsletter this week:

In the 4 nations rugby league New Zealand $2.00 to beat Australia .

In the rugby union Ireland $1.70 to beat South Africa and New Zealand to beat England 15+ $3.20. Also the 3 leg allup paying the juicy odds off $10.88.

In racing from Melbourne race 6 no 6 Albert the Fat will be at odds and if it runs up to its last run then it will be knocking at the door.

Also in Melb R8 No.1 Drunken Sailor was disapponting in the Geelong Cup but had excuses leading up to race will improve dramatically and also Eastern Aria who did not get a start in the Melboune Cup is in this race and did not come all the way from England for a holiday, interesting runner.

Happy punting!!

The Scotsman

Lets see who the better tipper is, Eags or The Scotsman!!!

AndyP
5th November 2010, 06:55 PM
Eag's, what are your qualifications? And truthfully, are you up overall in this punting business? These betting agencies make money.

haysey
5th November 2010, 07:05 PM
What odds can I get on Tommo knocking someone out before the end of the year?

Eag's
5th November 2010, 10:29 PM
Eag's, what are your qualifications? And truthfully, are you up overall in this punting business? These betting agencies make money.

AP, I have been a fan of horse racing for many years, but I have never been a serious punter. I have good days and bad like many others I am sure.
I don't keep stats on how I end up each year, but I have a great time with it and I don't risk money I can't afford to lose. I am only putting tips up because there seems to be quite a few keen punters on this forum and I thought it would be good fun.

The betting agencies make money because they have teams of people doing their form study for them. They ensure the markets they put up don't leave them exposed to the smart & cashed up smart punters out there.

LeftyHoges
5th November 2010, 11:17 PM
Spent a bit of time on BetEzy and watching sky racing after knocking off work this arvo. Won enough to make back all the money I put on for Eag's 'tips' and a bit more so I won't curse his name if they all flop tomorrow! :-)

just
6th November 2010, 05:54 AM
On a related question which is the best online betting agency? Which ones do you blokes use?

PerryGroves
6th November 2010, 06:58 AM
Just, I have always used Betfair (great for golf) as I like to lay bets off as well but also held a TAB account. No longer need the TAB as Betfair now give you fixed, best tote and also all the trifecta, exacta and other options. Lots of free bet and other specials floating around at the moment including sportingbet.

steverawlo
6th November 2010, 07:13 AM
yeah Betfair is the way to go.

It's a long way off but I'm waiting for Moe's Brownlow tips next September. He seems to know his stuff when it comes to AFL.

I'm the Cooler so I certainly won't be posting any "specials" on here. I could dead set stop a train.

Eag's
6th November 2010, 08:38 AM
I have used Sporting Bet & IASbet, but it might be time to look into Betfair :)
Lately I have been using Uni Tabs fixed price.

BroKar
6th November 2010, 09:47 AM
depends how serious you are, betfair is a must due to being able to hedge your bets, i have accounts with just about all the major corporates, i do alot of backing @ 7.50 with sporting bet and laying on betfair @ $6.50 type betting.

MegaWatty
6th November 2010, 03:17 PM
It looked like a pretty tuff day on the punt in melb so I'm glad I've stayed bet free until now.
Really tuff races but I've had a dip at wall street in the Emirates and Exceptionally in the Queens cup. Anything that finished close to Americain in the Geelong cup will be a chance today in the Queens.

Cheers mate. I had 8 bucks fitty sitting in my betfair account that I haven't used in ages. Jumped onto Exceptionally at $7.80. Now if I've got this right, if it happens to come into $4, I can lay it off and make a small profit on it without needing it to win...Correct?

simmsy
6th November 2010, 04:23 PM
Cheers mate. I had 8 bucks fitty sitting in my betfair account that I haven't used in ages. Jumped onto Exceptionally at $7.80. Now if I've got this right, if it happens to come into $4, I can lay it off and make a small profit on it without needing it to win...Correct?

should of gone Wall St. Mega.

MegaWatty
6th November 2010, 04:31 PM
It's official. Even with good punters tips, I am the worst gambler....EVER!

Eag's
6th November 2010, 07:35 PM
Well what a shocker of a day, lucky nobody pays me for these tips :)

AndyP
6th November 2010, 07:49 PM
I'm still all square for the carnival.

WBennett
6th November 2010, 07:50 PM
Resuced my account with the winnings of Brazilain Pulse only on Thursday with wins on Launay, Wall St and a each way on Allanthus. Unfortunately there is still bugger all in the account!

Eag's
10th November 2010, 09:22 AM
I have backed a few for the Aussie Masters - Michael Sim @ $16, Greg Chalmers @ $23 & I chucked a few bucks on Steven Bowditch @ $34, it would be great to see him do well in this.

kpac
10th November 2010, 09:47 AM
I've been checking that out too Eag, Pretty good value field if you're willing to have punt. Certainly no real standouts which makes thing interesting.
Nathan Green is at good odds and his best form would get him amongst them... unlikely, but as likely as many....?

I'd also love to see bowditch get amongst it!

PerryGroves
10th November 2010, 12:29 PM
I have backed a few for the Aussie Masters - Michael Sim @ $16, Greg Chalmers @ $23 & I chucked a few bucks on Steven Bowditch @ $34, it would be great to see him do well in this.

Get that Betfair operational Eags, the first two are 3 points better and Bowditch is 55/1

Captain Nemo
10th November 2010, 12:49 PM
yeah Betfair is the way to go.

It's a long way off but I'm waiting for Moe's Brownlow tips next September. He seems to know his stuff when it comes to AFL.

I'm the Cooler so I certainly won't be posting any "specials" on here. I could dead set stop a train.

Betfair is the way to go!:mrgreen:
As an part owner of 2 horses that are coming down to be trained by Kevin Moses, and my dad and M-I-L, have 3 others with him (Dynamic Syndication's horses), we have made a killing on betfair laying our horses, its like printing your own money!:mrgreen:
As long as you can bank roll yourself at the start with a few k's you will came out way in front.
Everytime they have run the horses fully knowing the are just out for a hitout, i have layed them not to run in the top 3 heaps of times, and just waited till the end of the race to collect!=P~

PeteyD
10th November 2010, 12:56 PM
Can someone explain to this nuffy what laying is? Laying dogs sounds a bit too much Canberra Raiders for my liking ;)

Onewood
10th November 2010, 12:57 PM
Can someone explain to this nuffy what laying is? Laying dogs sounds a bit too much Canberra Raiders for my liking ;)

+1 :)

Captain Nemo
10th November 2010, 01:05 PM

If you are serious, its all here:

http://www.betfair.com/ (http://www.betfair.com/)

poidda
10th November 2010, 01:47 PM

It's just playing the bookie instead of the punter.

I did it once one rainy afternoon for a laugh. My first 5 bets I laid, 4 of the bastards won and it cost me a fortune. Haven't touched it since.

And yeah, betfairs odds are always better than anywhere else.

poidda
10th November 2010, 01:54 PM
depends how serious you are, betfair is a must due to being able to hedge your bets, i have accounts with just about all the major corporates, i do alot of backing @ 7.50 with sporting bet and laying on betfair @ $6.50 type betting.

For this to happen, sporting bet would have to be paying much better odds than betfair! And if you can lay it for $6.50, than they would only be paying less again. :shock:

Captain Nemo
10th November 2010, 02:05 PM
I dont do much actual betting with betfair, mainly laying due to the fact that i know our horses are just runnung dead!

kpac
10th November 2010, 02:15 PM
For this to happen, sporting bet would have to be paying much better odds than betfair! And if you can lay it for $6.50, than they would only be paying less again. :shock:

I too saw that as a pretty optimistic example. Realistically hedging bets is a good theory, but i dont think numerous accounts is the way to do it.... Betfair alone is good for it, but hedging the nags is hard work for anything more than pocket change. Hedging bets over a season or to save a multi is the way forward though.

typical kpac.
Have a $100 multi over 5 legs, (stand to win 1k)
4 have done the job - just waiting on the last at $2.5
get on the others at $100 @ 1.33

This was, best case scenario you pocket $1k - $100
Worst case you get your $100 and interest.

HOWEVER as a rule of thumb
The more you hedge, the safer you bet, the less you win.
The less you hedge, the riskier the bet, the more you stand to profit but the more you lose.

Eag's
10th November 2010, 02:49 PM
All signed up with Betfair so now I just have to get used to layout of the site and general rules :)

kpac
10th November 2010, 02:52 PM
All signed up with Betfair so now I just have to get used to layout of the site and general rules :)

mate you'll be off an running in no time - i find the layout pretty quick and the learning the process wont take you a minute. Back when it was early days in aus, you use to have trouble getting enough people to make a field, but i haven't had any issues of late.

poidda
10th November 2010, 02:56 PM
Or another hypothetical.

Say you put $50 on the Roar to win the A-league at $21 back in June. You would stand to collect $1050.

They are now paying 3.45 or you can lay it for 4.40. :)

poidda
10th November 2010, 02:58 PM

Good move eags. Now get the smartphone App, and you'll never have to leave trackside again. ;)

PeteyD
10th November 2010, 04:12 PM
Or another hypothetical.

Say you put $50 on the Roar to win the A-league at $21 back in June. You would stand to collect $1050.

They are now paying 3.45 or you can lay it for 4.40. :)

So in this situation, they win you collect 1050 and pay out $50 @ 4.40 ($220) if they win, and you get your $50 back if they lose. So no money lost.

Is that right?

henno
10th November 2010, 05:20 PM
The only laying I do is for betting on an improvement in form (and therefore odds). For example, at one stage I bet on the Cowboys to win the premiership early on when they were playing like trash. I never actually thought they would run away with it but I knew they would have a hot streak towards the finals. Sure enough they did, I laid my bet and walked away with a modest profit for doing pretty much nothing.

Other than that, it's playing bookie and as poidda found out you can really do your dough if a few winners come through (plus you have to have a healthy balance in your account as the funds need to be there to cover the payout.)

EDIT: It's also good for having a flutter when a horse is unbackable. Like betting that So You Think doesn't win the Cup because a horse paying threes is just silly for that race.

Captain Nemo
10th November 2010, 08:31 PM
Other than that, it's playing bookie and as poidda found out you can really do your dough if a few winners come through (plus you have to have a healthy balance in your account as the funds need to be there to cover the payout.)

EDIT: It's also good for having a flutter when a horse is unbackable. Like betting that So You Think doesn't win the Cup because a horse paying threes is just silly for that race.

Thats what i do when i get info from the stable the horses are just out for a training run!;)
But as Henno said, you need a healthy $$$ balance to give attractive odds the horse wont win/run top 3 etc....:mrgreen:

LeftyHoges
12th November 2010, 05:08 PM
Any hot tips for the Dunkeld races tomorrow? :lol:

I'm heading there for a bucks show so will likely not even be able to remember them anyway but anything to help the drinking fund would be greatly appreciated!!!

Eag's
12th November 2010, 10:08 PM
I like the chances of Goldstone at Sandown race 6 no 5 @ $6

LeftyHoges
13th November 2010, 12:18 AM
BetEzy recommend Manighar for the Sandown Classic tomorrow...

PeteyD
13th November 2010, 07:08 AM
There is a horse called Beauty Strike (first start) going around at Rosehill race 3 who has been backed at $50 into $8.50 who might be worth a few bucks on.

Just had a look at this race on BetFair. Champagne Dynamite paying 1.1 to win but 4 to place? Seems weird.

Daves
13th November 2010, 09:44 AM
Just had a look at this race on BetFair. Champagne Dynamite paying 1.1 to win but 4 to place? Seems weird.

Beauty Strike has been scratched.

Maybe it is the small early pool size? Unitab is showing Champagne Dynamite as $5.50 and $1.70 on the tote, and $26 and $6 fixed price.

Eag's
13th November 2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah only just saw that scratching.

PeteyD
13th November 2010, 10:20 AM
Beauty Strike has been scratched.

Maybe it is the small early pool size? Unitab is showing Champagne Dynamite as $5.50 and $1.70 on the tote, and $26 and $6 fixed price.

Guess I need to get used to betfair

Captain Nemo
13th November 2010, 10:28 AM
Just got back from the Stables this morning with the kids (missus is working today and tom, no golf!).:cry:
Moses has 3 in today, Estancia Rios no 5 race 4 is his best for the day, says big place bet would be the go.
FWIW, my 3yr old had a trial yesty at Randwick, one by 4 lenghts or so.
Posh Chic is her name, will prob not have another trial as we wont get a price come race day after that performance!:mrgreen:
For those that have fox, catch the replay later tonight, last trial.

Eag's
13th November 2010, 11:30 AM
Just got back from the Stables this morning with the kids (missus is working today and tom, no golf!).:cry:
Moses has 3 in today,Estancia Rios no 5 race 4 is his best for the day, says big place bet would be the go.
FWIW, my 3yr old had a trial yesty at Randwick, one by 4 lenghts or so.
Posh Chic is her name, will prob not have another trial as we wont get a price come race day after that performance!:mrgreen:
For those that have fox, catch the replay later tonight, last trial.

Estancia Rios is in race 4 no 5 at Rosehill, but thanks for the tip :)

Captain Nemo
13th November 2010, 11:36 AM
Estancia Rios is in race 4 no 5 at Rosehill, but thanks for the tip :)

Pretty sure thats what i said!:roll:

Eag's
13th November 2010, 11:49 AM
Sorry my bad, looks like my dyslexia is playing up again :oops:

PeteyD
13th November 2010, 11:53 AM
Thats okay Egas!

Captain Nemo
13th November 2010, 03:58 PM
After that pitiful run by that cat Estancia Rios rangKevin and he said to have a saver on Let Them Have it!
Got maxi on Sportingbet, $655 collect!
So im $550 CLEAR for the day, no more bets!

mike
13th November 2010, 09:08 PM
I'm staying away from it but I'm pretty sure Adam Scott has won every time he's held a 54 hole lead. He's a very good front runner.

Daves
14th November 2010, 09:50 AM
I'm staying away from it but I'm pretty sure Adam Scott has won every time he's held a 54 hole lead. He's a very good front runner.

Lost once, but that was ten years ago.

Daves
14th November 2010, 09:52 AM
Apples is my only hope in the Masters now.

A mate and I have a few bucks on Andre Stoltz; win, top 5, top 10. Hope he keeps the form today! Also had a few bucks on Pete Senior, but he is back a bit too far at this stage.

Eag's
14th November 2010, 04:25 PM

Looking likely Rich :)
What price did you get?

Captain Nemo
15th November 2010, 07:48 AM

Nice 69, what price did you get?
I heard an interview with him after the pro-am, he said he was hitting it so bad he thought he would miss the cut!

LeftyHoges
15th November 2010, 10:01 AM
Any hot tips for the Dunkeld races tomorrow? :lol:

I'm heading there for a bucks show so will likely not even be able to remember them anyway but anything to help the drinking fund would be greatly appreciated!!!

Well I left with $110 in the pocket, paid for enough grog to become an incoherent, dribbling mess and still came home with $90 so I must have won some races somewhere but be buggered if I can remember who the hell they were...

:?::?::?::?::?:\\:D/

Daves
16th November 2010, 12:33 PM
Sorry if it has already been covered, but I am looking at opening a 2nd punt account and I am looking at options. I have had a Unitab account for years, and that has suited me for the very occasional punts I have. I also had a NSW Tab account at one time, but the thieving bastards took the balance with fees over time and just closed it when they ran it dry.

I recently had a look at the Betfair site and noticed you can place lay off bets which would be handy at times. Any other online punt sites I should look at?

PeteyD
16th November 2010, 12:36 PM
I didn't put it in here as my tips are usually crap, but Dallas was paying 6's to beat the NY Giants the week after sacking their head coach. Nice little earner there :D

Oakland are paying 6's to win the AFC West as well, not a bad bet considering they are unbeaten within the conference. This seems to be 4 now.

Captain Nemo
16th November 2010, 01:06 PM
Sorry if it has already been covered, but I am looking at opening a 2nd punt account and I am looking at options. I have had a Unitab account for years, and that has suited me for the very occasional punts I have. I also had a NSW Tab account at one time, but the thieving bastards took the balance with fees over time and just closed it when they ran it dry.

I recently had a look at the Betfair site and noticed you can place lay off bets which would be handy at times. Any other online punt sites I should look at?

Sportingbet are v. good.
Also have centrbet, but i havnt bet with them since they robbed me of $200 i had on Grand Armee years ago (long story)!

mudrat
18th November 2010, 05:28 PM
Hi guys I need some help.

It's my bet in the work punters club this weekend and I need some options. I have 180 to wager in any combination and need to put the bets on by tomorrow afternoon.

Anyone got any suggestions or tips to help me out....

Captain Nemo
19th November 2010, 04:16 PM
What sport you into?

kpac
19th November 2010, 05:06 PM
Stick the $80 on a multi - say: Adelaide Utd to beat melb heart x Brisbane to beat Fury

That'll make you $180 back and get you another week, and you can use the $100 to splash on whatever you want........ maybe the Hotspurs @ $5+

LeftyHoges
19th November 2010, 05:12 PM
maybe the Hotspurs @ $5+

No chance!!! $180 on Arsenal to win would be the better bet! ;)

mudrat
19th November 2010, 06:21 PM
I ended up putting a $80multi on the epl Newcastle to win into man city to win and 50 each way on military gal at randwick.

LeftyHoges
19th November 2010, 06:34 PM
Adelaide will struggle against Heart.
I have a decent system with draws in the EPL. There are some teams that are just draw specialists. There are always a handful each week.
Find two draws paying $3.30 each and you get almost $11 in a multi.
Find 3 draws and it can get up to $35

Fulham vs. Manchester City Mon 22 Nov 01:00 AM

If this game doesnt finish as a draw I will get the mods to change my screen name to "Solarmans Biatch"!

You heard it here first!

Dr Turf
19th November 2010, 07:40 PM
I was drinking with this joker in a bar in Coolum last Sunday and he told me he had backed Mark Webber to be the first to crash out of the GP that night. How un-Australian is that?

PeteyD
20th November 2010, 02:01 PM
Oakland are paying 4 against Pittsburg this weekend. #2 run offence against the #1 run defense, but pittsburg have 2 starting lineman out. Pretty good odds for a team coming off 3 wins and a bye.

rodders
20th November 2010, 03:43 PM
No way. Spurs will win this one. Odds are great and should dive on.

Played at the Lane and Spurs big game form there has been excellent this year. Wouldn't bet on them if playing someone in bottom 5 though!

LeftyHoges
21st November 2010, 01:47 AM
I stand corrected. I don't understand how the **** arsenal can play the better football for 97 minutes and still lose. What an absolute crock of shit. That penalty was the softest you'll come across. Hand 3 inches above his face and it's given. I now give the title of luckiest team in the league to tottenham, bad luck Man U, you've been relegated to 2nd for that crown.

Funny thing was I saw the odds on tottenham winning from 0-2 down at halftime at $21 and was gonna jump on it cos I knew arsenal would find a way to **** it up. God damn it!

****!

rodders
21st November 2010, 01:57 PM
Got up at 40min mark to watch and saw 2-0. More disturbingly it was played at Emirates. My bloody online betting always swaps around home team as first so when saw spurs v arsenal thought at the lane.

Not lucky lefty, you can blame Harry. Set up suited arsenal to go down the guts but playing 2 up front after half time put them under pressure.

Two things from game. **** of the year to Nasi for refusing to shake Gallas hand cause he told him many years ago to get out of thierry henri's seat on a bus. (not like he shagged his best mates missus!)

And what the f was Fabergas thinking in that wall - he threw the other blokes arm up!

LeftyHoges
22nd November 2010, 09:57 AM
Got up at 40min mark to watch and saw 2-0. More disturbingly it was played at Emirates. My bloody online betting always swaps around home team as first so when saw spurs v arsenal thought at the lane.

Not lucky lefty, you can blame Harry. Set up suited arsenal to go down the guts but playing 2 up front after half time put them under pressure.

Two things from game. **** of the year to Nasi for refusing to shake Gallas hand cause he told him many years ago to get out of thierry henri's seat on a bus. (not like he shagged his best mates missus!)

And what the f was Fabergas thinking in that wall - he threw the other blokes arm up!

If Arsenal can't defend against two strikers up front then they're in deeper shit than is comprehensible. Especially when one of the strikers is as useless as Jermain Defoe. Not even sure who the other one was as Pavlyuchenko was plying that friggin' deep he may as well have been a defensive midfielder.

Friggin' useless.

And for the record, from all the stories I've heard about Gallas I'd punch him in the head before shaking his hand. How much truth is in them I'm not sure but just stories I've read and heard.

Captain Nemo
24th November 2010, 02:20 PM
For those that are interested:
My mother-in-laws 3yr fillie Posh Chic has had 2 trials recently, one at Randwick fri 12th (won) and yesterday at Rosehill (2nd).
She is nominated for the Mgic Millions 3yr stakes a $100k race.
She is absolutely flying and will take a beating depending on barrier draw of course.
All info here:
www.racingnsw.com.au (http://www.racingnsw.com.au)

LeftyHoges
24th November 2010, 02:54 PM
For those that are interested:
My mother-in-laws 3yr fillie Posh Chic has had 2 trials recently, one at Randwick fri 12th (won) and yesterday at Rosehill (2nd).
She is nominated for the Mgic Millions 3yr stakes a $100k race.
She is absolutely flying and will take a beating depending on barrier draw of course.
All info here:
www.racingnsw.com.au (http://www.racingnsw.com.au)

Goodo. I'll get on that.

Got a lazy $5 on the Bulls to beat the Lakers, tips off in about 35 minutes time. It'll never happen but for the odds being paid I had to have a litte money on it.

Captain Nemo
24th November 2010, 03:09 PM
Keep it in your diary, she is flying at trackwork!

LeftyHoges
24th November 2010, 03:52 PM

So thats this Saturday, Race 8 @ Randwick?

Captain Nemo
24th November 2010, 04:11 PM
No, she's out of that one, sunday the 5th at Wyong
I think acceptances for that was today, it will prob be updated tomorrow.
This race is open sex, and she's not weighted well against the males.
Ths Wyong race is just 3yr set weights for colts and fillies so she goes in 2kg better.

grandmasterb
24th November 2010, 07:58 PM

Give us a heads up when she's running and what race.

oscar
26th November 2010, 09:31 PM
Anyone having a look tomorrow? Might need something if it rains at the cricket.....

timah!
26th November 2010, 09:39 PM
Titleist, when is Posh Chic running?

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

Captain Nemo
28th November 2010, 10:31 AM
Titleist, when is Posh Chic running?

Next Sunday, 5th dec.

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

So thats this Saturday, Race 8 @ Randwick?

Give us a heads up when she's running and what race.

Next Sunday, 5th dec.
Going by that race yesterday she was going to be in, her chances now look extremely good.
She needs to draw a barrier from inside 6.

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2010, 08:38 AM
FWIW:
She drew a barrier and has minimal weight!
Gai's Horse is giving her 5kg start, i know where my money will be!:mrgreen:

Race 7 : MAGIC MILLIONS WYONG 3YO STAKES . 1200m (http://www.racingnsw.com.au/?s=racingmeeting&meetid=21591)
Of $100000. First $65000, second $20000, third $9000, fourth $4000, fifth $2000

(http://www.racingnsw.com.au/?s=racingmeeting&meetid=21591)http://www.racingnsw.com.au/?s=racingmeeting&meetid=21591 (http://www.racingnsw.com.au/?s=racingmeeting&meetid=21591)

LeftyHoges
3rd December 2010, 12:58 PM
FWIW:

Race 7 : MAGIC MILLIONS WYONG 3YO STAKES . 1200m (http://www.racingnsw.com.au/?s=racingmeeting&meetid=21591)

(http://www.racingnsw.com.au/?s=racingmeeting&meetid=21591)http://www.racingnsw.com.au/?s=racingmeeting&meetid=21591 (http://www.racingnsw.com.au/?s=racingmeeting&meetid=21591)

Done and done! Thanks T!

MegaWatty
3rd December 2010, 01:05 PM
FWIW:

Have I missed something? Make it easy for plonkers like me. :)

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2010, 02:02 PM
Have I missed something? Make it easy for plonkers like me. :)

Not yet!:wink:
This sunday at Wyong, RACE 7 NO.11
Oh, forgot to also mention got a decent jockey onboard!:mrgreen:

AndyP
3rd December 2010, 03:55 PM
Sportingbet don't even have Sunday's races up yet. I'm bound to forget.

PerryGroves
3rd December 2010, 03:59 PM
Not yet!:wink:
This sunday at Wyong, RACE 7 NO.11
Oh, forgot to also mention got a decent jockey onboard!:mrgreen:

There is such a thing? Bunch of thieving midgets.

Can't get any betting sites at work, who did you get to ride?

Captain Nemo
3rd December 2010, 04:10 PM
C.Brown
Tim Clarke rode her for her 2 wins, but i rate Corey better!
Fingers crossed.

PerryGroves
3rd December 2010, 04:40 PM
C.Brown
Tim Clarke rode her for her 2 wins, but i rate Corey better!
Fingers crossed.

All the best, one of life's really good days seeing your horse salute

WBennett
4th December 2010, 03:13 PM
Posh Chic is up against my mates horse Capital Commander. Nick Olive has won the last three Canberra Premierships, placed at Group 1 with Zenarta, and reckons this one is ok. I beleive he's a brother to Voice Commander who has proven to be useful over his career...

WBennett
4th December 2010, 03:15 PM
As an aside, what is the best site to set up your black bookers?

I've missed a couple of times when Izababe went on a country carnival spree earlier this spring and want to know when its coming back in the city (hopefully at long odds)

Captain Nemo
4th December 2010, 03:49 PM
Sportingbet have an option where you can do that, on their new site?
I like her chances, her 2 trials have been outstanding and she has won on this track and distance!

Captain Nemo
5th December 2010, 11:39 AM
She's in from $30's to $13, ive had a good go at $14 on S.B, might have a little more at the track!;)

LeftyHoges
5th December 2010, 04:05 PM
Good luck Posh Chic! Seems like the jockeys not the only one thats gonna be riding you home!

AndyP
5th December 2010, 05:02 PM
I don't even know what odds I got it on.

They will not force Tapatalk. They will stop degrading Tapatalk. They will not control Tapatalk. Tapatalk will be victorious.

AndyP
5th December 2010, 05:31 PM
I just checked the results. The odds don't matter, the return is $0.

They will not force Tapatalk. They will stop degrading Tapatalk. They will not control Tapatalk. Tapatalk will be victorious.

LeftyHoges
5th December 2010, 08:05 PM
Ran 4th. Died in the arse over the last 200m. Got railed up against the fence and probably had to slog through the crap for the whole race.

Not a bad run, maybe just missing some race form.

Captain Nemo
5th December 2010, 09:41 PM
Lefty, exactly what happened.
Corey said she jumped well and was travelling easy.
Instructions where to let her jump and run, but not to lead.
He got stuck with the fav outside of her, Schofield didnt go forward or back and Corey didnt want to be on the rails which was the worst part of the track by that time of the day.
Connections where very dissappointed, but thats racing. She will be better for the run.

PerryGroves
5th December 2010, 09:47 PM
High priced midget gets it in the worst place and against the instructions:roll:, if only I could have had my money on that. Only the ownwers lose, he cashes a cheque and moves on. Best of luck for the next run.

Captain Nemo
5th December 2010, 09:50 PM
PG, i thought he rode her well, but yes he should have known to be off the rails, but barrier 2 didnt help, had it been a good track....

LeftyHoges
6th December 2010, 02:41 AM
PG, i thought he rode her well, but yes he should have known to be off the rails, but barrier 2 didnt help, had it been a good track....

I kept waiting and hoping for her to push out knowing that on the dead track its bloody hard to win on the rails. Wouldve been nice to hold on for third as I had money each way but you can't win em all.

Truth be told im actually up $700 for the weekend so i definitely can't complain!

WBennett
6th December 2010, 07:29 AM
THe most impressive run of the weekend was Kurata Queen in the 2 year old race beforehand.

Blew them away.... Bring on the magic millions 2yo's, and if still up for it, the Golden Slipper.

Captain Nemo
16th December 2010, 03:55 PM
POSH CHIC Update:
This is from the stable:
Kevin reports that Poshy is great, having come through her first up run and she will now race at Randwick on the 26th in the 3yo Benchmark 75 over 1200m.
She will improve again here and the fillies work has continued to be strong at home.
Without yet seeing the fields we expect her to be a competitive chance and as a bonus Racing NSW have also announced that the Boxing Day meeting will now carry Saturday levels of prizemoney.
I'll keep you updated.
Titty!

Captain Nemo
23rd December 2010, 05:14 PM
To follow that my dads (and m-i-l's) horse Angel's Decree will be running soon
Kevin put in a nomination for Gosford next week on 28th December over 1100m but has since elected not to accept here with the mare. Reasons being that ideally we want to give her a second trial 30th December at Randwick but if she was to get balloted out again, the plan will be to then run 1/1 Kembla Class 1 1200m instead of a second trial. As more is known we will keep you updated, she is flying in trackwork.:mrgreen:

Captain Nemo
23rd December 2010, 05:16 PM
POSH CHIC, has accepted for Canterbury on Wednesday December 29 2010.
Race 6 - 04.20

timah!
23rd December 2010, 06:14 PM
Is she still racing on the 26th?

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

Captain Nemo
23rd December 2010, 09:00 PM
No mate, 28th, easier race!:mrgreen:
You selling me that shaft!:-k

Captain Nemo
14th January 2011, 03:35 PM
Posh Chic Update:
This is from the stable:

The filly arrived at the Gold Coast just before 11:00pm last night. At the moment she appears to have travelled well. She stepped off the float without issue. She had not had any issues in transit. Her temperature was normal and she started to eat soon after settling in and ate all her feed overnight.
This morning she was bright and her temperature was still normal. She walked as exercise and was happy within herself.
Our biggest concern now is the next 12 - 24 hours to ensure she does not come down with any virus after the trip or travel sickness which will stop her from racing. This can't be predicted and is simply a case of waiting and monitoring.

She is in the 2nd race MAGIC MILLIONS F&M HANDICAP , and 3rd emergency for the MAGIC MILL GUINEAS (doubtful she will get a start)
She will be a good e/w bet and i think will run a place.

PeteyD
14th January 2011, 03:37 PM
Which race and when is that for us dumbasses?

Captain Nemo
14th January 2011, 03:41 PM
Sorry my bad:
Gold Coast Race 2 no.10 currently $6 Fixed with most agency's.

LeftyHoges
14th January 2011, 03:48 PM
Posh Chic Update:
This is from the stable:

The filly arrived at the Gold Coast just before 11:00pm last night. At the moment she appears to have travelled well. She stepped off the float without issue. She had not had any issues in transit. Her temperature was normal and she started to eat soon after settling in and ate all her feed overnight.
This morning she was bright and her temperature was still normal. She walked as exercise and was happy within herself.
Our biggest concern now is the next 12 - 24 hours to ensure she does not come down with any virus after the trip or travel sickness which will stop her from racing. This can't be predicted and is simply a case of waiting and monitoring.

This is what makes gambling on the horses so bloody hard. The average punter has no idea about what a horse has been through on the trip, how well its preparation has gone after arriving, anything like that. In a lot of ways it really is a mugs game.

In saying that, i'll still be having a punt on her.

How did she go in the run between chrissy and new year titleist?
(spent most of thst time drunk myself so completely forgot to check her out)

Captain Nemo
14th January 2011, 03:58 PM
She ran a super 2nd on Boxing day!
Had Berry (apprentice) on board, sat 2nd the trip on the rails and he took off 50m too early, only got beat 1/2 hd to Havatryst which ran 3rd on sat at Randwick.

LeftyHoges
14th January 2011, 04:09 PM
She ran a super 2nd on Boxing day!
Had Berry (apprentice) on board, sat 2nd the trip on the rails and he took off 50m too early, only got beat 1/2 hd to Havatryst which ran 3rd on sat at Randwick.

Bugger! Was gonna put $50 each way on her too. Decent odds?

PerryGroves
14th January 2011, 04:51 PM
Bugger! Was gonna put $50 each way on her too. Decent odds?

At my work we have a retrospectve betting facility available for economists, strategists and equity fund managers. They come around to get paid on their ticket and we dump shit on them from a great height. Not havin' a go Lefty it's just I work with some magnificent 20/20 hindsighters. :wink:

LeftyHoges
14th January 2011, 05:09 PM
At my work we have a retrospectve betting facility available for economists, strategists and equity fund managers. They come around to get paid on their ticket and we dump shit on them from a great height. Not havin' a go Lefty it's just I work with some magnificent 20/20 hindsighters. :wink:

All good PG! ;) the only thing I can actually say to back up my argument is that I've actually had $50 each way on her every time Titleist has told us she's racing. Figures that the time she pays out is the one time I'm not on her! :evil:

MegaWatty
15th January 2011, 01:06 PM
On PC at $6 fixed in our little syndicate.

On at $6.6 on Betfair on my lonesome.

MegaWatty
15th January 2011, 01:22 PM
Another 2nd. I had the place in the syndicate. Lucky!

PerryGroves
15th January 2011, 04:00 PM
One of the old boys down the club gets some good mail at a price. Syd R7 No. 14. EW

LeftyHoges
16th January 2011, 04:39 PM
Had PC for place only so very happy. Made a decent profit to have a few more bets with...

Captain Nemo
17th January 2011, 10:14 AM
Me too took Fixed Place $2.80 had a good go on it so might be doing some ho'ing soon.
Super run considering she was up against it.
She actually had a blood irregularity as well as stepping up in distance.
Nash rode her well, even though the mother-in-law didnt want him on her.
Had he not drifted so wide at the turn she may have been a little more competitive.
Very intresting that both the 2 that one the big races at Wyong the day i went up there (Torios Quest which beat Poshy, and Karuta Queen) won both races at the Goldy!

Captain Nemo
20th January 2011, 09:52 AM
Poshy has come back down from the Goldy, pulled up very well, will be going to the paddock for 2 weeks rest then looking at some black type races in Sydney.

BroKar
29th January 2011, 11:49 AM
Just got a call from a mate of mine, usually pretty sharp.

Strong tip for Sydney Race 1 2 DIAMOND TO PEGASUS.

Very good odds at the moment, ran good time at first start for a 2yo and should lead quite easilly.

WBennett
29th January 2011, 12:11 PM
It would want to be good to beat Godspeed

Captain Nemo
1st February 2011, 02:12 PM
My m-i-l has been at it again, this time at the Inglis Yearling Sales:
http://www.inglis.com.au/sales/horse/359-438/ (http://www.inglis.com.au/sales/horse/359-438/)
Here latest purchase!

timah!
1st February 2011, 02:25 PM
When PC running next Titleist? One day i'll actually get around to putting some $$ on her!

Captain Nemo
1st February 2011, 02:47 PM
Mate she went out for a 2 week spell after her Goldy run.
Back at Randwick as we speak.
My 2yr old is at Moses' stables as well, should be trialing soon.

Captain Nemo
10th February 2011, 12:41 PM
Poshy's back!
This sat at Randwick:
6-04.10 PATINACK FARM LIGHT FINGERS STAKES (1200 METRES)

Of $200000 and $1900 trophies. 1st $120000 and trophies of $1300 to owner $300 to trainer $300 to jockey, 2nd $40000, 3rd $20000, 4th $10000, 5th $4000, 6th $2000, 7th $2000, 8th $2000.

Starter Subsidy: $200 for non-prize earning runners.

For Three-Years-Old Fillies. Set Weights. (GROUP 2).

No Allowances for apprentices. Field Limit: 16 + 4 EM

http://www.ozracing.net.au/ozracing/viewfile.aspx?FileName=1202RAND.DFA

Very strong field , however most are resuming.
She is training very well and @ $35 fixed, is a good e/w bet! IMO;)
Good time for ma as i'll be finished golf, will be heading tracksied with the little fella, m-i-l, and b-i-l beer in hand!:mrgreen:

henno
10th February 2011, 01:13 PM
She is training very well and @ $35 fixed, is a good e/w bet! IMO;)

More like $60+ fixed.

Eag's
10th February 2011, 01:19 PM
I see you have Tommy Berry booked for the ride, very good young rider :smt023

Captain Nemo
10th February 2011, 01:47 PM
Yep, he rode her when she ran 2nd on Boxing Day, he goes good!
Henno, where'd you see $60?

henno
10th February 2011, 01:53 PM
Henno, where'd you see $60?

Betfair and centrebet.

Captain Nemo
10th February 2011, 01:57 PM
Thank you, i'm all over it!

henno
10th February 2011, 01:59 PM
I threw in a fiver for the hell of it, because I'd rather lose five bucks than be annoyed I didn't get on it.

Captain Nemo
10th February 2011, 02:00 PM
As a side note, I was speaking to the m-i-l last night, there is a 2yo Dynamic horse called Chew The Fat (i think D.Payne has it) that won a trail by miles recently, ran 3rd at Randwick yesterday and has been backed to win the slipper from $151 inot $71, JAT!

Captain Nemo
10th February 2011, 04:11 PM
Nice p/u!

Eag's
10th February 2011, 05:03 PM
wow!! :shock:

WBennett
10th February 2011, 05:43 PM
I was coming home from work today, and remembered the bloke I played with on the weekend's horse was running at Gosford today. He said PrinceoftheDesert would go alright. Won, and paid $3 on ACTTAB. Stupid me!

WBennett
11th February 2011, 09:12 PM
Posh Chic would want to be good to beat Parables tomorrow. More Strawberries (If I remember correctly) out is a bonus though.

MegaWatty
11th February 2011, 11:51 PM
Can you each way on Betfair?

gazgolf1
12th February 2011, 09:58 AM
Any mail for today boys? on the piss and on the punt.
:smt030

gazgolf1
12th February 2011, 12:02 PM
Gaz, These tips are purely omens.
Sydney R8 Gazza Guru

I've gotta have a go at that. ;)

henno
12th February 2011, 12:53 PM
Can you each way on Betfair?

Well yeah, in a way. You place a bet for a win, then place a bet for a place. Two seperate bets, but effectively the same thing.

Eag's
12th February 2011, 01:09 PM
Any mail for today boys? on the piss and on the punt.
:smt030

Gaz, these three should run well at decent odds.
Randwick Race 3 no 7 Fitness Fanatic
Randwick Race 4 no 8 Cardinal Virtue
Randwick Race 7 no 7 Top Drop

Enjoy your day on the piss & punt 8-)

gazgolf1
12th February 2011, 02:06 PM
Ta Eagsy. :)

BroKar
12th February 2011, 02:37 PM
Sydney Race 4 | 2 News Alert Each Way
Sydney Race 5 | 1 More Joyous will win but a no bet race, good for all ups etc
Sydney Race 6 | 6 Red Tracer race run to suit should win
Sydney Race 7 | 6 Ilovethiscity best horse in the race
Sydney Race 8 | 4 All Legal race run to suit should win

LeftyHoges
12th February 2011, 05:59 PM
Just got a call from a mate of mine, usually pretty sharp.

Strong tip for Sydney Race 1 2 DIAMOND TO PEGASUS.

Very good odds at the moment, ran good time at first start for a 2yo and should lead quite easilly.

This one won today. Race 2 at Randwick.

Paid 36's on NSW and UniTAB and 46 on SuperTAB. God damn... ](*,)

WBennett
12th February 2011, 08:06 PM
Went out to Queanbeyan races today. A mate had his running in the first after a 9 month spell after injury. He wasn't overly keen on it, but a few of the boys put a bit on at the 8's with the bookies.

My mate put $50ew on the TAB.

Zindarella blitzed them and won by enough. And paid $30 on NSW TAB! LEts say after race 1, there were a couple of boys well over a grand up. Nice way to start the day!

Captain Nemo
14th February 2011, 09:31 AM
Dissapointing run by Poshy, she ran 7th i think, race not run to suit.
She jumped out first but couldnt get cover and she deosnt like to lead.
She ended up leading till the straight!
Kevin said she was 2 weeks short of peak fitness.
Will be better for the run!:smt022

kpac
14th February 2011, 09:43 AM
Had a bloody tough field tit. It was alway going to be a long shot. 7th pretty ordinary, but in that group top half of the field would have been a realistic goal - was never going to finish in the coin. If it can take something out of the run, find a better field next time out.

Captain Nemo
14th February 2011, 09:57 AM
Yeh, agree.
They will be targeting some easier races fior her, and going back to 1100m.

Webster
14th February 2011, 10:54 AM
She had every chance but was outclassed. Nothing wrong with that, they can't all be superstars. Drop her back in class for a "kill" to get her confidence back.

Captain Nemo
14th February 2011, 11:51 AM
Jack, thats the plan.
FWIW, she is a Dynamic Syndications horse and Dean Watts (the Syndicator) is really unpopular with the owners atm!:evil:
I will leave it at that, dont want to get into trouble!
In my experience i would stay right away from Dynamic!:roll:

Webster
14th February 2011, 11:54 AM
titleist, I was going to ask you about DS - they attract a lot of bad press for the way they set the syndicates up, ie the horse cost them $50k, they syndicate it saying it cost $125k and then pocket the change.

In my experience with horse ownership, you want to form your own syndicates which include a couple of people who have direct access to the trainer at all times, ie no middle man involved. So far its been a very pleasurable experience.

BroKar
14th February 2011, 12:07 PM
In a previous life I used to place horses and also frame markets for one of the biggest bookmakers in australia on Sydney Racing and I have to say the issue is not distance based on sectional times, she will run 1200 easilly ridden correctly, she just isn't a group horse yet, she could have sat 1 length off the lead and sprinted in the straight, I am not saying she would have won that race but based on time and also based on sectional for the day this crop of 3yo fillies will not go onto much outside of restricted company in my opinion except for the first 2 who have considerable improvement left in them.

Captain Nemo
14th February 2011, 12:18 PM
titleist, I was going to ask you about DS - they attract a lot of bad press for the way they set the syndicates up, ie the horse cost them $50k, they syndicate it saying it cost $125k and then pocket the change.

In my experience with horse ownership, you want to form your own syndicates which include a couple of people who have direct access to the trainer at all times, ie no middle man involved. So far its been a very pleasurable experience.

If you want to chat ring me!
The m-i-l has bought 3 lately off her own bat, she has 3 with Dynamic 10% in each and is not happy as they pull the strings.

Captain Nemo
14th February 2011, 12:25 PM
In a previous life I used to place horses and also frame markets for one of the biggest bookmakers in australia on Sydney Racing and I have to say the issue is not distance based on sectional times, she will run 1200 easilly ridden correctly, she just isn't a group horse yet, she could have sat 1 length off the lead and sprinted in the straight, I am not saying she would have won that race but based on time and also based on sectional for the day this crop of 3yo fillies will not go onto much outside of restricted company in my opinion except for the first 2 who have considerable improvement left in them.

Brokar, agree.
She deosnt run well out in front, she needed cover and no-one wanted to lead.
I wish they got Nash to ride her (he rode her last start and told Kevin he would do again) but obviously he was down to ride Gais Filly.

AndyP
14th February 2011, 12:27 PM
Horses have confidence?

kpac
14th February 2011, 12:45 PM
Horses have confidence?

Good horses do. The clever buggers know what a race is about. You only need to pair up a couple of nags on the track in training to understand the different between the racers and runners, some like to run, some like to race, i'd imagine it's common in many animals.

Captain Nemo
14th February 2011, 12:52 PM
From my limited knowledge of horse, they are pretty highly strung animals!
Moses compares them to Olympic 100m runners in mindset and temprement.

Webster
14th February 2011, 01:02 PM
Andyp, thoroughbred horses are incredibly fickle and real creatures of habit, and a lot smarter than people think. One of the true nuances of the racing gaming is having the horse ready for the big race, and then when things don't go according to plan trying to work out what went wrong (there are always a million excuses when it doesnt go well!).

That said however, the absolute joy you feel as an owner when your horse wins a race, especilly a big race, is impossible to discribe. I will never forget the magic run we had with Benty through 2007 and 2008 when he kept crushing his rivals with topweight doing it the hard way from the front.

Captain Nemo
14th February 2011, 01:18 PM
Andyp, thoroughbred horses are incredibly fickle and real creatures of habit, and a lot smarter than people think. One of the true nuances of the racing gaming is having the horse ready for the big race, and then when things don't go according to plan trying to work out what went wrong (there are always a million excuses when it doesnt go well!).

That said however, the absolute joy you feel as an owner when your horse wins a race, especilly a big race, is impossible to discribe. I will never forget the magic run we had with Benty through 2007 and 2008 when he kept crushing his rivals with topweight doing it the hard way from the front.

Here, here!

Captain Nemo
14th February 2011, 03:03 PM
Just going thru TAB footy futures, Cronulla @ $4 Wooden Spoon, looks like a moral to me, anyone else?

WBennett
14th February 2011, 03:26 PM
What are Cowboys at? If they lose Thurston again, they are cactus

Captain Nemo
14th February 2011, 03:30 PM
Some bad news!
This is an email from Moses Racing:
POSH CHIC Update:

Hi All,

She was disappointing on Saturday on face value and found to be a couple of lengths beneath the required elite grade. Leading into the race Kevin was confident the filly would run super and she did run well but the opposition was better. Her blood picture taken on Tuesday last week showed she was at her peak condition. It was the best she had ever been. On the morning of the race she was picture perfect and free in her action and her temperature was spot on normal.

Tommy Berry told the owners that she went well but they are too good for her at that class but there is a nice race in her if we drop back a grade or two.

She pulled up well after the run and as a post race precaution she was given bute to rebound quickly and get over any muscle fatigue and she ate her feed on Saturday night and walked out free in her action on Sunday morning. She ate her breakfast feed Sunday and no signs of any issue present.

Unfortunately Monday morning we have a major drama.

At 4:00am this morning when they attended the filly, was found not to have eaten Sunday nights feed and presented with a raging temperature spike of 40.1 degrees (normal is 37.8 -38.3) you would not risk a horse doing any exercise with a temperature of only 38.5 degrees so 40.1 is very extreme.

She was not sore in any leg but when they tried to remove her from her box she staggered and was simply too ill to move more than a few strides. Naturally the vets were immediately called. By the time the vets arrived the temperature was still very high but was off a little bit back to 39.9 degrees. They have taken a blood profile which we will get back late today or tomorrow. The vets have given a strong anti-inflammatory and pain relief to get the temperature down quickly and the horse at the moment is far too sick to travel. The vet believes there is possibly a respiratory problem as they detected a rattling sound in her lungs. Once they have the blood culture they will most likely start on a course of penicillin but at this stage it's a monitoring exercise for 24 hours to see how she rebounds. We are hopeful it's a 24 - 48 hour bug and she bounces back quickly but we have to be careful it does not go the other way.

The filly will need to be spelled immediately after this, no matter what the outcome. However we can't send her to the paddock yet as she is too sick at present and we have to determine what we are dealing with before she is removed from the stables.

MegaWatty
14th February 2011, 03:33 PM
Sad news mate. Hope all goes well for her. I think we're all a little attached to this horse on Ozgolf. :)

Eag's
14th February 2011, 04:59 PM
Bummer that is bad news, hopefully she can recover soon.

AndyP
14th February 2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the answers, guys. I guess it would be a similar thing with greyhound and cane toad racing.

Eag's
14th February 2011, 07:00 PM
You idiot :roll:

crops23
19th February 2011, 10:57 AM
Hi there all I have a very good m8 who's name can't be disclosed who runs a professional gambling service and his best bet for today is in Adelaide race 4 number 3 koala bear about $3.50 on the tote so good luck and hope it wins for you all will try and update everytime he sends his best bets to me

Cheers Daniel

markTHEblake
19th February 2011, 11:08 AM
thats bookmaker talk for i need more money on that horse.

Todays best bet is on Silver - except that markets are closed, can you wait until monday. "always go with the primary trend"

crops23
19th February 2011, 11:59 AM
here's a couple more at eachway odds Rosehill race 4 number 5 Guderian approx $16-$20 Rosehill race 8 number 12 Anything approx $9-$12 good luck hope they go well for you as they say a short priced winner is better than a long priced loser!

MegaWatty
19th February 2011, 01:07 PM
Your account is working again.

crops23
19th February 2011, 01:43 PM
yep it was strange login then change page and you would have to login again so far so good

virge666
19th February 2011, 02:34 PM
thats bookmaker talk for i need more money on that horse.

Todays best bet is on Silver - except that markets are closed, can you wait until monday. "always go with the primary trend"

Do you own any SVL ?

MegaWatty
19th February 2011, 03:01 PM
Koala Bear. Nice.

titties_all_i_see_r_balls
19th February 2011, 03:14 PM
Your mate is full of shit.

crops23
19th February 2011, 03:22 PM
there not always right take the good with the bad

AndyP
19th February 2011, 03:30 PM
The results could determine the future of this thread.

19th February 2011, 03:35 PM
no good to start with bad though. Doesn't really concern me, i'm a Spring carnival punter :)

19th February 2011, 05:49 PM
Saint encosta looks the goods.

crops23
19th February 2011, 07:52 PM
Sorry boys try again maybe during the week or next Saturday he has got a 40% strike rate there a lot of other bets he gives but I will just stick to his best and hopefully when can come out a bit better next week

markTHEblake
19th February 2011, 09:30 PM
heard another hot tip today, Melbourne Race 2 horse 1 "will never be late" or something like that.
whats the odds that it didnt win jack

Do you own any SVL ?

i still have a fair bit but i swapped most of it for gold a couple weeks ago, made a killing on that deal.

AndyP
19th February 2011, 09:47 PM
Go Silver Sovereign!

LeftyHoges
21st February 2011, 05:26 PM
Go Silver Sovereign!

Come on Richie, help me kick this bastard home!!!

crops23
22nd February 2011, 07:19 PM
Alright let's try again hopefully a better outcome this time launceston race 8 num 1 lady lynette
Good luck remember I'm only the middle man passing on information

Captain Nemo
22nd February 2011, 07:44 PM
What the, you got the right place and race?

BroKar
22nd February 2011, 08:40 PM
its on tomorrow Titleist, current odds are $1.88 fixed

crops23
22nd February 2011, 08:51 PM
not going to look at he odds just going to pass on the best bets good luck all

Captain Nemo
22nd February 2011, 09:01 PM
its on tomorrow Titleist, current odds are $1.88 fixed

Got it, will watch betting closely!

Eag's
25th February 2011, 07:28 PM
Some great racing this weekend, let's see if we can pick up some winners :)
Caufield Race 2 no 7 Port Bell @ $8.00 (if the track is worse than dead then forget)
Race 6 no 4 Reward For Effort @ $26.00 - nice each way chance, last couple of runs were better than they looked.
Race 7 no 6 Atomic @ $10.00 - Freedman runner who was impressive at only start.

Eagle Farm Race 3 no 8 Sinful Warrior @ $9.00

Rosehill Race 8 no 9 Montana Flyer @ 7.50 - Does not win out of turn, but will be right in this.

All prices from Sportsbet, good luck.

BroKar
25th February 2011, 11:39 PM
26/02/11 Caulfield 4 - The Yalumba 162 Almindoro
26/02/11 Caulfield 6 - Sportingbet Oakleigh Star Witness
26/02/11 Caulfield 7 - Patinack Farm Blue Di Hallowell Belle
26/02/11 Rosehill 5 - FRANKLINS SUPERMARKET Straight Gold
26/02/11 Rosehill 6 - SCHWEPPES HOBARTVILLE Skilled
26/02/11 Rosehill 8 - DE BORTOLI WINES MILL Marquardt

BroKar
26th February 2011, 02:18 PM
I'm not a fan of tips pre race day...I like to fly by the seat of my pants and do the up to minute form 15 mins before race.
I do however like Solar Charged in the oakleigh Plate today. At $12 its a top each way bet.

I actually work to prices and bet the value, but usually know which horses i am working around, with Star Witness out I actually like Set For Fame

MegaWatty
26th February 2011, 02:29 PM
Our syndicate has come close to rock bottom several times now. We are slowly diggin ourselves out with a nice Tirfecta to start the day!

Eag's
26th February 2011, 08:34 PM
Some great racing this weekend, let's see if we can pick up some winners :)
Caufield Race 2 no 7 Port Bell @ $8.00 (if the track is worse than dead then forget) 2nd $3.00
Race 6 no 4 Reward For Effort @ $26.00 - nice each way chance, last couple of runs were better than they looked.
Race 7 no 6 Atomic @ $10.00 - Freedman runner who was impressive at only start.

Eagle Farm Race 3 no 8 Sinful Warrior @ $9.00

Rosehill Race 8 no 9 Montana Flyer @ 7.50 - Does not win out of turn, but will be right in this. 1st $7.50 & I also picked up the Trifecta $197.10 :)

All prices from Sportsbet, good luck.

Not a bad day on the punt, picked up a few other Trifectas, but nothing huge.

AndyP
26th February 2011, 09:11 PM
How did the other guys' tips go?

LeftyHoges
28th February 2011, 04:27 PM
Didn't even think of it but I should've had $100 on Birmingham to beat Arsenal last night / this morning in the Carling Cup. I just knew that Arsenal would dick up what should have been a dead cert!

LeftyHoges
28th February 2011, 04:48 PM
How did the other guys' tips go?

Who's? BroKar's?

26/02/11 Caulfield 4 - The Yalumba 162 Almindoro
26/02/11 Caulfield 6 - Sportingbet Oakleigh Star Witness
26/02/11 Caulfield 7 - Patinack Farm Blue Di Hallowell Belle
26/02/11 Rosehill 5 - FRANKLINS SUPERMARKET Straight Gold
26/02/11 Rosehill 6 - SCHWEPPES HOBARTVILLE Skilled
26/02/11 Rosehill 8 - DE BORTOLI WINES MILL Marquardt

Picked a couple of 2nd's and 3rd's but no winners in there....

BroKar
28th February 2011, 05:16 PM
not a great day, but you dont win every week.

My main bets of the weekend were Upon on friday night and HallowellBelle so based on backing them heavilly i didnt do too bad from a monetary point of view.

LeftyHoges
28th February 2011, 05:20 PM
not a great day, but you dont win every week.

My main bets of the weekend were Upon on friday night and HallowellBelle so based on backing them heavilly i didnt do too bad from a monetary point of view.

Sorry, forgot to mention Upon. That was a good win, not a great pay but if you put enough on it it would be a good starting point for the weekends betting.

crops23
2nd March 2011, 10:55 AM
wednesdays best bet Doomben Race 3 number 9 Onarohl good luck and Happy punting

AndyP
2nd March 2011, 04:25 PM
When are you guys going to start giving us some winning tips. I'm waiting to see some form, before I commit any cash.

henno
2nd March 2011, 04:31 PM
I agree. Apart from a couple of g69's gems (which I happened to do well on) I don't think we've seen many, if any, winners. And no, that donkey paying less than twos doesn't count. :razz:

AndyP
2nd March 2011, 05:00 PM
I use Sportingbet and I can't even see what the odds are, but it shows odds for Race 5. I did 'MaxiDiv' whatever that means.

BroKar
2nd March 2011, 05:25 PM
only bet I had today was Maules Creek, was short, just had 25/25 Prost

BroKar
2nd March 2011, 05:26 PM
i will only be tipping horses from my blackbook from now on, tried to tip too many last saturday