PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Matchplay MarktheBlake vs BrisWesty

BrisWesty
2nd November 2010, 09:33 PM
Take your Marks, get set.
Venue and date TBA

Onewood
2nd November 2010, 09:36 PM
Corinda Pitch and Putt would suit a couple of big hitters :)

markTHEblake
2nd November 2010, 09:56 PM
The trouble with playing against BW is that he is too nice to sledge.

Take your Marks, get set.

Headcovers off, draw Ball Retrievers, at 10 paces.

Oh wait. I don't have a gay retriever.

PeteyD
3rd November 2010, 11:11 AM
You have a straight one?

solarman
3rd November 2010, 11:16 AM

You are kidding aren't you. You should hear what he says about you.

PeteyD
3rd November 2010, 11:19 AM
Why does this match remind me of the goodies episode with all the jockeys in it?

Daves
3rd November 2010, 07:03 PM
Why does this match remind me of the goodies episode with all the jockeys in it?

:smt045 The Jockeys are revolting! :smt082

BrisWesty
3rd November 2010, 10:42 PM

Headcovers off, draw Ball Retrievers, at 10 paces.

Oh wait. I don't have a gay retriever.

How about a bisexual Labrador?

I'm a bit concerned though. Is Blakey saying that I'm such a nice person that there's nothing to sledge me about, or that I'm such a nice person that I wouldn't stoop to sledging? He's into the mind games already! ;-)

Next he's going to start asking if I inhale or exhale on the backswing.

markTHEblake
3rd November 2010, 11:10 PM
Is Blakey saying that I'm such a nice person that there's nothing to sledge me about
Oh there is plenty to sledge you about, but that you are an honourable gentleman, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sledge you. I would feel too guilty if I did.

BrisWesty
3rd November 2010, 11:24 PM
Surely this thread could devolve into the following thread

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/21138-Playing-with-a-knob-ever-done-it

markTHEblake
3rd November 2010, 11:27 PM
Nah, I dont think you are a knob.

solarman
4th November 2010, 11:56 AM
He reckons you are !!

markTHEblake
4th November 2010, 09:09 PM
if its a choice between Naga and Nob, I'll take the Nob.

markTHEblake
23rd January 2011, 06:45 AM
BW, time is passing us by quicker than we think. I am booked out solid on sundays until 17 April. Wed is a public holiday, and saturdays are harder to get on somewhere. Windaroo, Riverlakes, and even Jimboomba are courses i know that we can play that are also somewhere in the middle for our travel.

markTHEblake
28th January 2011, 11:45 PM
Westy - ya missus has been back for a week now, surely you can get your mind back onto the golf?

BrisWesty
29th January 2011, 05:26 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I'll get my f-i-l out of hospital in the next few days then see how we go. Removal of part of his lung.

markTHEblake
29th January 2011, 07:39 AM
:oops:

i have scored a day off on Friday 11th Feb, that might suit - i cant remember if you are working again yet or not.

BrisWesty
29th January 2011, 04:30 PM
No, you have me confused with AndyP. ;-) I've been back at work since September. :-(

markTHEblake
29th January 2011, 04:36 PM
so if Feb 11 is no good for you lets go with the usual suspects - Windaroo or Riverlakes on a Saturday morn - or perhaps even Jimboomba? they cant be that busy out there.

BrisWesty
18th February 2011, 10:44 AM
Hi mtb, Haven't been snobbing you. (Really!) Alaina's Dad had some complications and only escaped from Eags' clutches at the Wesley on Valentine's Day.

A Saturday sounds good, just not tomorrow.

26/2/11 might be a goer, but I'll need to find out where the other 4 in the family will be that day. Haven't played Windaroo since Andy P knocked me off on the way to winning everything, so that could be an interesting opportunity.

Eag's
18th February 2011, 12:38 PM
Go Westy!!!

AndyP
18th February 2011, 01:05 PM
Haven't played Windaroo since Andy P knocked me off on the way to winning everything, so that could be an interesting opportunity.
That was Beerwah actually. Windaroo was a couple of years earlier, when I won (or you lost) on the playoff hole.

BrisWesty
20th February 2011, 01:22 PM
Contacted Windaroo Lakes.

Game is organised for 7:05am on Saturday 5/3/11 which is their Monthly Medal, so at least we won't have to worry about putting out while others are picking up around us.

$25/head for the comp.

Game on!

This was the only available space on their timesheet that had 2 spots available. If someone wants to check if there's room for a third or fourth, go for it.

AndyP
20th February 2011, 01:40 PM
$25 is less than what they used to charge for visitors, I think. That's good to know.

Early start for you, Westy.

markTHEblake
20th February 2011, 02:37 PM
Couldnt get a normal time - like 12.30pm huh!

timah!
20th February 2011, 02:54 PM
I think i'm off at 7.05! I'll have to check. Which tee?

BrisWesty
20th February 2011, 06:21 PM
Don't know, but it would be good to meet you and have a hit.

BrisVegas
20th February 2011, 06:38 PM
Go Blakey!

BrisWesty
20th February 2011, 07:51 PM
Vegas is the token Blakey supporter ;-)

BrisVegas
20th February 2011, 08:03 PM
I can never forgive you for beating me at Wynnum.

markTHEblake
20th February 2011, 08:13 PM
Everyone knows that Wynnum is the place that a dog will have his day.

BrisWesty
27th February 2011, 04:00 PM
That was Beerwah actually. Windaroo was a couple of years earlier, when I won (or you lost) on the playoff hole.

I've lost to Andy P that many times they've all just blended into one big misery! ;-)

So MTB, how many shots do you have to give me? I'm off 14.

markTHEblake
27th February 2011, 04:48 PM
7 strokes.

though i feel cheated cos you shot 80 yesterday and beat me by about 3 off the stick/

BrisWesty
27th February 2011, 08:50 PM
Ah yes, but I might have peaked a week early and you're tapering in preparation! ;-) Before yesterday you would have been giving me 8 shots!

timah!
28th February 2011, 08:27 PM
Windaroo, Sat 5 March
1st Tee:

Blakey
Westy
Timah!
Timah!'s mate

:D

markTHEblake
28th February 2011, 10:23 PM
Your kidding me. How come i get to play with 3 wankers?

jaybam
28th February 2011, 10:25 PM
You should be used to it Blakey. You play with yourself all the time ;)

timah!
28th February 2011, 10:32 PM
Well it looks like I'm in Westy's corner now! I'll practice my best sledges during the week! :wink:

jaybam
1st March 2011, 10:24 PM
Well it looks like I'm in Westy's corner now! I'll practice my best sledges during the week! :wink:

Just keep calling him Jarro all day. That should piss him off enough :)

timah!
1st March 2011, 10:26 PM
If anyone has some zingers feel free to pass them on!
1: 'meowww'
2: Irene!

markTHEblake
1st March 2011, 10:30 PM
DO that and I'll yap like Jarro all day. They wont like that.

markTHEblake
4th March 2011, 07:12 AM
Weather is looking good for tomorrow
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/brisbane/windaroo/detailed-forecast

timah!
4th March 2011, 07:27 AM
Excellent... :roll:

markTHEblake
4th March 2011, 07:38 AM
Reminder of the Ozgolf matchplay rules;
Use of girly gay golf equipment: Loss of hole.

That includes, ball scoops, iron covers and umbrella holders

markTHEblake
4th March 2011, 05:53 PM
Westy, you better not be pulling out of this, I am gunna be mighty peeved if i go all the way there and find out you dont turn up because you cant find the screw for your brolly holder!

Jarro
4th March 2011, 06:00 PM

Wanker

DO that and I'll yap like Jarro all day. They wont like that.

Double-Wanker

BrisWesty
4th March 2011, 08:28 PM
Let's see
Brolly holder - check
iron covers x 9 - check
ball scoop - check
MTB is currently 11 up with 18 to play ;-) and he'll still lose! :-P Choker!

All sledged out for the year now.

timah!
4th March 2011, 08:46 PM
Should be...sloppy! HAHA!

markTHEblake
5th March 2011, 02:45 PM
Congratulations Briswesty, 1up in a thriller.

timah!
5th March 2011, 02:52 PM
Was a great game, both guys played well. I thought Blakey was going to shoot the lights out the way he was hitting the ball!

AndyP
5th March 2011, 02:55 PM
Did you even out their good golf with some bad golf, Timah!?

Congrats Westy.

BrisWesty
5th March 2011, 03:02 PM
Timah was correct. Windaroo was very sloppy! All bunkers GUR and preferred lie on 10 & 12 fairway and quite a few casual waters.

Blakey got away to a flyer with a birdie and par on 1 & 2. Both times, on in regulation - lovely to watch. Westy's triple and bogey were no match. MTB 2 up after 2. (But Westy almost hit a cat that was stalking some birds. Threw a ball at it, not with one of my shots.)
3 - Blakey got in trouble down the left but got his par with great scrambling. Westy was up the fairway but in the front bunker for 3. Chipped close after free drop and par to halve the hole.
4 - Shared bogeys but BW got a shot on the hole. MTB 1up. Westy's radar has been a little wild so far.
5 - A great birdie 2 from the fringe more than matched BW's 2 putt bogey. MTB 2 up.
6 - MTB nailed driver over the water, BW couldn't match it. Both ended up behind the green for 2, but BW parred the hole to MTB's unfortunate bogey. MTB 1 up
7 - Both had chances to win the hole, but neither of us could get the ball in the hole. Shared bogeys to halve the hole.
8 - Both hit good drives. MTB only just missed his birdie, but 2 pars meant the game was square for the first time.
9 - MTB on in regulation and playing fine golf nailed his par. BW couldn't roll in a 10m putt to halve the hole, so at the turn MTB leads by 1.

MTB had 37 for the 9, BW 44 for the 9.

10 - Just about cart golf! Both down the centre, both in the short left bunker for 2, both bogey the hole, and BW squares it up courtesy of the match index.
11 - Both missed the green, both scrambled pars. Match still square. (BW thinking he needs to be up by 2 after 16 because he's concerned about not getting a shot on 17 and 18.)
12 - Sudden very windy squall and the wheels fall off (for both of us). By the time it passed MTB has moved 1 up with his bogey to BW's triple. Notable mention - MTB's second shot after his ball embedded in the rough. Impressive. BW wasted the shot he had there!
13 - Both on the green in regulation. Both get the pars, but MTB had a reasonable shot at birdie. That would have made it tricky with 5 to play. MTB remains 1 up.
14 - Tee waaay back. Both left driver in the bag and put the ball into position. On the green in regulation and get pars. BW squares it up with the shot.
15 - Across the water. BW in the short right bunker, just missed the scrambled par, but MTB made no mistake from the back of the green. MTB's par puts him in front again with 3 to play.
16 - MTB goes quite right off the tee, and BW watches the match sink below the surface as he steers his drive straight into the water. Both play for position for their next shot to about 105m from the centre of the green. BW wedges his 4th to about 6m left of the flag. MTB proceeds to dunk his 3rd into the water to stunned silence! BW's eventual double trumps MTB's triple and all of a sudden the match is square again when 20 mins previous it looked like MTB would be 2up with 2 to play.
17 - Both down the left hand side of this very tight hole. MTB gets his approach to the left of the green and has a long chip up the green to a back right pin. BW put his second behind the green on a steep downslope. MTB chips about 3m past the hole and leaves himself with a downhill putt. BW delicately rolls it down the bank onto the green a couple of rolls short of in the hole, and gets the tap in par. MTB just misses the putt. BW 1 up with 1 to play. First hole BW has won where he didn't have a shot!
18 - Yet more cart golf except this time they both look like they've gone OOB right. Both lash provisionals down the centre. Why didn't we both do that first ball? Go searching and find both of them still in play. Both hit out to about 30-40m short of the green. Both chip to about 4m and BW has the chance to par the hole and win 2 up. Putt just avoids the hole, but a tap in bogey means MTB can tie it up if he can sink a slightly downhill left to right slider. Just misses to the right and it's game over!

BW wins 1 up.

A fantastic game played in a really good spirit with a little tasteful sledging thrown in.

Blakey 80/73 with a triple bogey!
BW 88/74 with 2 triples and a double.
Timah 106/82

markTHEblake
5th March 2011, 03:31 PM
Notable mention - MTB's second shot after his ball embedded in the rough. Impressive.

What was impressive about it?, i only moved it forward about 10m - stupid tree got in the way, who would have thought a plugged ball would come out high. (note to self: of course it will come out high dopey)

ddasey
5th March 2011, 03:31 PM
Nice win Westy.

Bad luck Blakey.....

BrisWesty
5th March 2011, 03:51 PM
What was impressive about it?, i only moved it forward about 10m - stupid tree got in the way, who would have thought a plugged ball would come out high. (note to self: of course it will come out high dopey)

I''d have only scuffed it along the ground, and if it had missed the tree you were in the fairway and away.

timah!
5th March 2011, 04:59 PM
Did you even out their good golf with some bad golf, Timah!?

Congrats Westy.

Absolutely! I've continued my Windaroo OzGolf tradition of creaming a house on the first!

BrisWesty
6th March 2011, 06:41 AM
Absolutely! I've continued my Windaroo OzGolf tradition of creaming a house on the first!

I wouldn't buy a house along the right hand side of that fairway. Way too close to the line of flight of many slicers. Saw two balls in the bottom of one pool along there when we were searching for a lost ball.

Eag's
6th March 2011, 09:34 AM
Nice win Westy, see you in the next round.
Bad luck Blakey.

Jarro
6th March 2011, 10:09 AM
Nice win Westy :)

Blake, you suck !

MAZA68
8th March 2011, 10:18 PM

Believe I witnessed the first one, think you might need to buy one of those houses!

Bad luck there Blake.

markTHEblake
8th March 2011, 10:30 PM
Blake, you suck !

If one down means I suck, then I guess 8/7 means you were [censored]

timah!
8th March 2011, 10:50 PM
Believe I witnessed the first one, think you might need to buy one of those houses!

Bad luck there Blake.

Yep it started with you. I don't actually do it all that much anymore but seem to bring it out for you guys!