PDA

View Full Version : WA: WA CHAMPS 2011 APRIL 15 -17th!

Pages : 1 [2]

MegaWatty
3rd February 2011, 01:17 PM
No. 0.

Bruce Dickinson
3rd February 2011, 01:19 PM
I'm the first to say The Cut is not perfect and i can slag it off if i chose, in fact no course is and until I shoot a 65 on a course, any couse I play is not perfect... that's how coorses usually rate isn't it?
I like Kennedy as a desgin, great, but not an overly enjoyable day out- golf experience is so so. Having played there only a few times I get penalised by great shots that roll down wind, hard fairways into pot bunkers that are so penal. I know that is links and I like to play those sort of courses and if I play it a lot i would enjoy it more, but not having the opportuntiy to play it that much, at the moment it doesn't float my boat as much as it probably should but hopefully that will change.
I can't see a comaprison that we compare course to KB, like othr to to RM. The course here on the west can't even be put in the same sentence as some of those sandbelt courses. the best par 3 in WA would not rate in he top 50 over there.
I would certainly use Lake Karrinyup in the sentence with daylight 2nd in the west.
I would change this post over but I'm not that advanced... sorry

Kennedy Bay is a much, much better golf course than Lake Karrinyup

The Cut
3rd February 2011, 06:01 PM
My problem with Kennedy ( i do rate it) is the bunkering and considering the strength of the wind here can make the difference up to 4 clubs. Throw in the hard fairways and great shots that don't deserve to be punished and at PK it is harsh, it's ok if you know the course like the back of your hand but a regular punter who doesn't expect the bounce you get, the roll and what a 30 knotter can do.
IMO, Karrinyup can't be beat- firstly conditioning faultless and the design is great, no tricks or over the top bunkering- the strong par 4's 2,4,6,13,16,18 only have 1 fairway bunker in total. It relies on the ability of a player to play the right shot for the hole. A great drive will be rewarded with a 9 iron in, good drive 5 iron and bad drive 3 wood. the damage is the ability to play your 2nd and how aggresive you can be thus effecting score, not like so many courses where the good or average drive is penalised by a hazard and in many cases making the next shot impossible. even the Par's 5's have little bunkering and it relies on your ability to hit your tee shot well in the right place to have the ability to improve your next shot, it's not just about avoiding the bunkers.
Russel/ MacKenzie designs where just brilliant and I must admit that I do favour their work.

Yossarian
3rd February 2011, 06:16 PM
For mine when describing KB you are highlighting the main fault of The Cut. Only it is far harsher in places being far narrower and probably more exposed to the wind. It does however have some pretty views to make up for it.

The Cut
3rd February 2011, 06:53 PM
ur right yos and i don't disagree. the new owners are aware and increased the semi rough to soften the edges and put more grass on the fairways which all help to reduce the luck and unfair factor. 3 bunkers have been removed.

simmsy
3rd February 2011, 07:01 PM
I'm oot for the champs.

TourFit
3rd February 2011, 07:09 PM
ur right yos and i don't disagree. the new owners are aware and increased the semi rough to soften the edges and put more grass on the fairways which all help to reduce the luck and unfair factor. 3 bunkers have been removed.

PLEASE tell me that one of them is bottom of the hill, left, on 17...

(and that a 10ft brick wall has been built there instead to keep balls in play !!!) :mrgreen:

Pieface
3rd February 2011, 07:18 PM
I love 17. I almost killed Adlo and Yoss with my second shot there :D

MegaWatty
3rd February 2011, 09:21 PM
Why are you out Simmsy? Because someone stitched you on WRX?

Johnny Canuck
3rd February 2011, 10:55 PM
KBay is not penal if you play it smart.

Lake K is a nice track. You reference that there are minimal fairway bunkers, yet fail to acknowledge that many of the greens are overly bunkered. Too many holes go right to left and an average tee shot can get 100m roll out if it catches a hill. #1 is one of the worst opening holes in Perth.

#16 at Kennedy rates up with some of the best par 3s in Melbourne, easily. The 3rd on the Joondy quarry is awesome.

KBay used to rank #1 public access in Aus. 2 years ago, it came back in at #4. It gets better reviews than you realise.

Golfnut
3rd February 2011, 11:05 PM
Now I know The Cut is not JC.

TourFit
4th February 2011, 12:44 PM
But JC is still The Cu*t...

:mrgreen:

Nuffie
4th February 2011, 06:41 PM
Haven't played Lake Karrinyup before, but the opinions about it seem to be a very mixed bag. Lots say it's overrated, including one of Hartfield's tour pro's last week that I had a discussion with. They believed the old design was far better, and a bit like what the designers did with The Lakes in Syd, they messed it up a bit. I'll have to play it one day to know for sure... He likes MCC more and I can understand why. I loved that course.

I wont dispute how good Kennedy Bay is though. Everytime I go there I like it even more, maybe because you can learn from each experience and play it more successfully each time you go back. For everygood shot you play, most of the time you reak good reward.

The Cut will be interesting to examine again, with the new rough and with the extra local knowledge acquired from my first round there two years ago. It might be a better experience next time round (according to what the Cut is saying). The Cut explained earlier also about the importance of keeping the ball low on those sorts of courses, playing linksey type shots and using the contours to useful effect. Only thing is, on par 4's that are over 380m long (e.g. the 10th and 12th and 14th holes) it takes a lot of skill and local knowledge to get accuracy out of those shots, take the perfect line (due to the snakey, narrow fairways) and so not run too far into the thick stuff. It is the trickiest course I've ever played for this very reason and it would take more rounds than at Joondalup, to become a master of The Cut IMO. Local knowledge there is everything. Some first timers (like myself) on some holes would have no idea what to do.

Bruce Dickinson
4th February 2011, 06:52 PM
If you can't a high draw of the tee Nuffie at Karrinyup, in my opinion its a bit of a grind

Nuffie
4th February 2011, 07:09 PM
If you can't a high draw of the tee Nuffie at Karrinyup, in my opinion its a bit of a grind

JC said the same thing to me about LK after he played there in pennants. I find these sorts of courses a challenge if you are lacking confidence off the tee in hitting a high-draw with driver.
Hartfield has a few holes like this, at the moment the teeshot on the 17th has got me screwed. So tomorrow I'm just gonna get up there with 3-metal (forgetting about driver), aim slightly left and just crunch a hard-fade to land short of the middle-far bunker...time for something different.

On somedays, the draw works well with the driver and you can just swing away and trust it. Other days I have to revert back to a smaller club and not take as much of an aggressive line.

It might be a summer thing with the extra carry/run distance you get, but 3-metal ends up getting used a heap more on doglegs at this time of the year during my rounds.

Bruce Dickinson
4th February 2011, 07:20 PM
I could stand and hit 100 balls and deliberately draw 5 of them with any club, and LK has a number of holes where a powerfade isnt going to be the shot to hit. I like LK but it always ends in tears

idgolfguy
4th February 2011, 09:10 PM
Have played LK twice and if conditioning is not a factor, I think it is overated. One of the reasons is mythology - not enough people have played it to form a general opinion.

Playing it first time, I found too many blind shots that also ran out of fairways. Excessive bunkering detracts from it's playability.

Veefore
4th February 2011, 09:34 PM
Hartfield has a few holes like this, at the moment the teeshot on the 17th has got me screwed. So tomorrow I'm just gonna get up there with 3-metal (forgetting about driver), aim slightly left and just crunch a hard-fade to land short of the middle-far bunker...time for something different.

On somedays, the draw works well with the driver and you can just swing away and trust it. Other days I have to revert back to a smaller club and not take as much of an aggressive line.

It might be a summer thing with the extra carry/run distance you get, but 3-metal ends up getting used a heap more on doglegs at this time of the year during my rounds.

17 is such an easy hole off the tee. Do like Tiger and use a 3 wood to draw it around the corner (3wood always draws easier than driver) or try to draw a hybrid. If you accidentally hit is straight it stops short of the bunkers (for most of us), if you catch it just right it will hook around the corner and finish up where a straight drive over the trees would have.

During one of the Pennant practices everyone stepped up and tried to bomb it over the corner. Only T Hughes put it on the fairway by hitting a 3 wood around the corner.

MegaWatty
4th February 2011, 09:36 PM
I hit 3 hybrid around the corner. Sometimes 3 wood in winter.

simmsy
5th February 2011, 12:08 AM
I shank 3 hybrid around the corner. Sometimes 3 wood in winter.

tell the truth.

simmsy
5th February 2011, 12:10 AM
i liked LK but yeah def overrated too many tee shots the same, blind uphill r to l.

i did love the conditioning but like idg said forget conditioning and it is not the mesiah!

liked it around the greens but off the tee it's a yawn.

give me KB 8 times LK 2 even though i prefer parklands golf.

MegaWatty
5th February 2011, 12:10 AM
Shank? WTF are you talking about. Back in your box Internet Shopper!

Cosmopolite
5th February 2011, 12:11 AM
tell the truth.

classic!

simmsy
5th February 2011, 12:13 AM
you should see him cosmo,

everytime he gets into a shot that's important you just know his swing thought is "DON'T HIT THE HOSEL YOU HOMO!":mrgreen:

idgolfguy
5th February 2011, 12:29 AM
True dat!

Cosmopolite
5th February 2011, 12:36 AM
you should see him cosmo,

everytime he gets into a shot that's important you just know his swing thought is "DON'T HIT THE HOSEL YOU HOMO!":mrgreen:

you would be freakin out everytime you hit a shot. Am I going to shank it, am I going to shank it?

MegaWatty
5th February 2011, 12:39 AM
Anyone know where I can find a 9032 fairway? I'm willing to pay you via PayPal Gift to save you fees.

simmsy
5th February 2011, 01:47 AM
:smt098

Nuffie
6th February 2011, 12:34 AM
Veefore is right about 17th. 3-metal is the go to work it easier for a draw around the corner than driver. Although I went against the game plan and hit a power high-fade with driver to good success, a hybrid or 3-metal is the percentage play. Unfortunately today all this stuff didn't matter. The wind may have been strong but no excuse - too many miss-timed iron shots and poor putts for a net 78.

And JC was hitting it great with his new driver.

simmsy
6th February 2011, 12:48 AM
What was he hitting Nuff.

Nuffie
6th February 2011, 12:58 AM
That adams 905... thing I believe. With a Harrison shaft in it. Looking at it reminds me of my old Alpha V2 with that dark, glossy looking crown and face. It trampolines heaps more that a callaway driver and even more than my dst Cleveland driver. He flew the right bunker on the 9th, with a ballflight like his trademark tomahawk cruise missile trajectory that we all know well and love watching :)

Just occurred to me, after all he's Johnny Canuck: Aren't canuck indians masters of using tomahawks?

Johnny Canuck
6th February 2011, 12:59 AM
9015D with a Harrison saga. Awesome after I had fit stiffen her up a bit.

MegaWatty
6th February 2011, 01:01 AM
9015D with Saga I'm guessing.

Edit: Told you so. :)

Johnny Canuck
6th February 2011, 01:02 AM
You've always been quicker than most, Minor.

MegaWatty
6th February 2011, 01:02 AM
Do we have a bunker on 18 now? ;)

Johnny Canuck
6th February 2011, 01:20 AM
We started on the back.

Nuffie
6th February 2011, 01:22 AM
No bunker on 18th, he hit the drive on the 9th. At the moment my brain's functioning like it's been hit by a tomahawk, lol. Least am sort of recovering from the embarrassment of what happened on the second last hole. A brain-fart that resulted in an 8. Then birdie to finish rubbed salt into the wound even more... But JC had wounds of his own when I took away his real skin chance of the day, sorry mate :) couldn't actually believe it was a 1-putt after the hole before...

MegaWatty
6th February 2011, 01:27 AM
We started on the back.

Derr.

Nuffie
6th February 2011, 01:44 AM
Fingers crossed I might also make it to champs now. Rhiannon has managed to land a full time job this week so that is going to help my cause, but will wait and see...

TourFit
6th February 2011, 01:24 PM
He flew the right bunker on the 9th, with a ballflight like his trademark tomahawk cruise missile trajectory that we all know well and love watching :)

Personally I HATE watching that...

Awesome, after I had 'fit loosen her up a bit.

Your new Wife 2.0 is now in service

You've always been quicker than most, Minor.

And redder...

MegaWatty
6th February 2011, 01:28 PM
And thinner.

TourFit
6th February 2011, 01:39 PM
Agreed...

I thought about laying off the grog to lose some weight, and realised that I drink about 4 beers a week!!! Look for another plan, dammit!

Yossarian
7th February 2011, 10:58 PM
How would the 15th to 17th of April sit?

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2011, 11:34 PM
I'll ask Golfnut's missus.

MegaWatty
7th February 2011, 11:36 PM
http://www.fvargas.com/officerBarbrady.gif

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2011, 12:03 AM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/srfgrl05/physics.jpg

MegaWatty
8th February 2011, 12:04 AM

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2011, 12:06 AM
http://allfunny.net/pics2/rollin/rollin-1.jpg

MegaWatty
8th February 2011, 12:09 AM

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2011, 12:22 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3Qo-Fn3Eicw/R1f_bf2ODXI/AAAAAAAACL8/E3SINRv_9F0/s400/nagger.jpg

MegaWatty
8th February 2011, 12:28 AM
Hey there JC!

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2011, 12:47 AM
What's up, Mega?

rubin
8th February 2011, 12:48 AM
smooth.....

MegaWatty
8th February 2011, 12:53 AM
smooth.....

http://www.bloodhoundfx.com/images/puppets/yogorilla-snake1.jpg

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2011, 01:07 AM
Smooth like Molson Canadian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZrNWEPUsH0&feature=related

rubin
8th February 2011, 01:08 AM
http://www.bloodhoundfx.com/images/puppets/yogorilla-snake1.jpg

:smt044:smt044:smt044:smt044

Nuffie
8th February 2011, 11:15 AM
Pencil me in for the champs yoss.

The 15th to 17th April is fine. Not weekend of 21st as my family are over from syd so that weekend would be oot.

rubin
8th February 2011, 11:48 AM
15th to 17th should be good Yoss. Pencil at this stage obviously.

simmsy
8th February 2011, 01:55 PM
15-17th is a lock for me homo!

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2011, 11:30 PM
Weekend should be fine at this point. GN's missus said I'm allow to go

Veefore
9th February 2011, 12:07 AM
And JC's missus said Tourfit, Pieface, Simmsy, Mega and Nuffie can go. That's Zeus's weekend anyway.

hocko
9th February 2011, 12:14 AM
I may have to talk to Zeus...I thought i was every six weeks! Funny that Mega gets every 28 days?
I'm in whenever you choose Yoss.

MegaWatty
9th February 2011, 12:16 AM
I may have to talk to Zeus...I thought i was every six weeks! Funny that Mega gets every 28 days?

Got my refund yet? ;)

28 days. Great in their day!

hocko
9th February 2011, 12:21 AM
Working on it.

MegaWatty
9th February 2011, 12:22 AM
They'r tough work mate!

I bet they counter with $50!

hocko
9th February 2011, 12:24 AM
You haven't paid me for it yet anyway?

MegaWatty
9th February 2011, 12:29 AM
I know. I don't know who I owe. You or Fit?

simmsy
13th February 2011, 10:31 PM
Yoss are the dates a lock for 15-18 april?

courses?

Yossarian
14th February 2011, 12:31 AM
Who knows.

that is the date i am going with.

same courses.

Friday will be bunbury binny but that doesn't matter so much.

MegaWatty
14th February 2011, 12:34 AM
Scores?

rubin
14th February 2011, 02:26 AM
Who knows.

that is the date i am going with.

same courses.

Friday will be bunbury binny but that doesn't matter so much.

wot were the courses? i thought it was still being decided.

Yossarian
14th February 2011, 08:12 AM
MCC and KB.

rubin
14th February 2011, 12:34 PM
nice mate.

Just out of curiosity, wot on earth makes u get up at 5am and jump online?

Yossarian
14th February 2011, 02:26 PM
Had to go into work to deice freezer. Very tired.

Nuffie
14th February 2011, 03:08 PM
Good choice of courses for champs Yoss BTW. Looking fwd to Bunbury and Binningup, I'm gonna get the Friday off this time around (but still need to ask for it off).

Hopefully the golfing form of late turns around by April. Was doing so well up to Jan, but nearly back out out to 7 hcp again.

Daz_Golfa
15th February 2011, 03:53 PM
April Dates OK, for me.

hocko
17th February 2011, 10:02 PM
So long as it is in April, after that, i'm out.

Nuffie
22nd February 2011, 11:44 PM
This is cookin up to be a beawdy! The gold & sky blue jacket is up for grabs. And prob a week or so after ozgolf champs, after everyone's had a good hit out, everyone could be peaking for this :)

MegaWatty
22nd February 2011, 11:47 PM
This is the champs thread Nuffie.

Nuffie
23rd February 2011, 12:29 AM
This is the champs thread Nuffie.

Damn i-fone, must hav clicked on da wrong thread, lol.

It's gonna be a beawdy n e ways.

MegaWatty
23rd February 2011, 12:31 AM
Good work Nuffie. Maybe you should PM Simmsy on how to use the intranet. ;)

Nuffie
24th February 2011, 12:18 PM

I'll find out sunday coz we could be catching up :)

Johnny Canuck
24th February 2011, 09:33 PM

Classic!

simmsy
24th February 2011, 09:36 PM
u annoy the cr@p out of me, you know that.

Johnny Canuck
24th February 2011, 09:44 PM
Mate, don't treat Nuftie that way.

Nuffie
25th February 2011, 04:19 PM
u annoy the cr@p out of me, you know that.

Do u mean mega's annoying or me?

MegaWatty
25th February 2011, 04:24 PM
Probably me Nuff. Our bromance has dwindled to nothing more than Simmsy being a bitch these days and wanting everything that I have in my golf bag. :)

Nuffie
25th February 2011, 04:28 PM
Mate, don't treat Nuftie that way.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that Paul guy? I hope he comes to ozgolf champs this year again, now he was a classic.... Shandypants cOOOOONT! He was one heck of a unit. Reminds me of that Russian dude that Travolta hires to get rid of that Frank Castle bloke in "The Punisher" :)

Nuffie
25th February 2011, 04:39 PM
Probably me Nuff. Our bromance has dwindled to nothing more than Simmsy being a bitch these days and wanting everything that I have in my golf bag. :)

That reminds me, ADAMS Golf would be a good sponsorship to have right now. That driver JC was hitting looks sick.

Those KBS Tour shafts must be good. That 5.0 flex that you could get in a "fim" (think it was in an older model) would have suited my game down to the ground.

Your WITB page is in fine form atm Mega. How are you finding the synergy shoes? I might take them for a walk on sun.

MegaWatty
25th February 2011, 04:43 PM
Acushnet have finally replied to my email and are getting the shoes back for assessment and are looking to refund me under their comfort guarantee. FJ's just don't suit my feet. :(

Nuffie
25th February 2011, 04:54 PM
Acushnet have finally replied to my email and are getting the shoes back for assessment and are looking to refund me under their comfort guarantee. FJ's just don't suit my feet. :(

Bad luck about the Synergys Mega. If you have narrow ankles and wide feet like me, then the synergys and most Footjoys fit very good.

I went through 3 pairs of adidas shoes from year 2000 - 2007 but in a move that TourFit would be dismayed with, I switched to Footjoy.

The sole and heal seems to have more comfort and give, but then again the addidas shoes may have also advanced with the times.

simmsy
7th March 2011, 08:12 PM
Yoss - just looking for some confirmation in regards to courses and accom.

what time we teeing off at each course and where is the place we are staying, cost per night etc.

details please mate, it's coming around real soon.

hocko
7th March 2011, 08:33 PM
+1

adlo
7th March 2011, 08:38 PM
+2, simmsy you beat JC to it by a matter of hours.

simmsy
7th March 2011, 09:18 PM
me and him have been having cyber hugs and realized we know nothing about the actual w'end.

Johnny Canuck
7th March 2011, 11:08 PM
+2, simmsy you beat JC to it by a matter of hours.
A little SMS chat got Simmsy on the case.

Yoss, we seriously need to book everything ASAP.

Call the courses in question. Confirm that the greens will not be cored before we play there.

At KB, we should all be able to get on for $25 with 3 members playing. Talk to Russell. He'll hook it up.

Are we staying at the farm houses outside Mandurah? They seem decent, large enough to fit Tourfit and give us the option of swimming (hopefully Dave1 doesn't bring any Japs, or they might harpoon Tourfit), mini golf, etc... I believe it is also near Pinjarra, so we could have a drunken skins game in the arvo.

We need to confirm final numbers as well, especially for the Friday so those of us that have to arrange days off, can.

I suggest a separate thread, as this one as gone to shit.

Everyone that confirms, commits a $25-$50 deposit. This way we can confidently book accommodation. If they don't want to commit, we can fill their spots with mates, brothers, gay lovers, etc..

MegaWatty
7th March 2011, 11:11 PM
Quite amusing for a serious post. :)

Johnny Canuck
7th March 2011, 11:22 PM
You're welcome!

MegaWatty
7th March 2011, 11:51 PM
He's changed his saying and hashtag to #hi5.

simmsy
8th March 2011, 12:14 AM
love the original hi5

Golfnut
8th March 2011, 12:17 AM
love the original hi5

I know you mean the girls simmsy......careful otherwise you'll have Yoss thinking he's half a chance with you.

rubin
8th March 2011, 12:32 AM
A little SMS chat got Simmsy on the case.

Yoss, we seriously need to book everything ASAP.

Call the courses in question. Confirm that the greens will not be cored before we play there.

At KB, we should all be able to get on for $25 with 3 members playing. Talk to Russell. He'll hook it up.

Are we staying at the farm houses outside Mandurah? They seem decent, large enough to fit Tourfit and give us the option of swimming (hopefully Dave1 doesn't bring any Japs, or they might harpoon Tourfit), mini golf, etc... I believe it is also near Pinjarra, so we could have a drunken skins game in the arvo.

We need to confirm final numbers as well, especially for the Friday so those of us that have to arrange days off, can.

I suggest a separate thread, as this one as gone to shit.

Everyone that confirms, commits a $25-$50 deposit. This way we can confidently book accommodation. If they don't want to commit, we can fill their spots with mates, brothers, gay lovers, etc..

+1 with JC.

If shadesy is playing in this as well, that makes 4 KB members, so definately shouldnt be a worry in terms of cost.

Is anyone willing to take over from a dis-organsed Uni student? all they know how to do is sink warm cheap piss, and complain about the world.

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 01:00 AM
**** sake the courses are booked for april.

The accomodation is still being looked at.

It will be the 15th to the 17th of April. I may drop out at the last minute.

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 01:01 AM
For the record as well I don't actually recall saying I'd do this. I just started a thread and then got saddled with it somehow. I may be wrong about that though.

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 01:04 AM
Its the summer of love with no rules people.

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 01:12 AM
That said full details will be emerging soon.

Friday will include Binny and maybe bunbury.

saturday is KB at about 10 o clock.

Sunday is MCC at about 9 or so.

Then home.

A few houses have been emailed but they are being slightly ****y about staying three nights and i am playing them off each other. Soon my pretties soon.

Johnny Canuck
8th March 2011, 01:16 AM
We are only staying two nights, might want to adjust what you are asking.

What about Fit's farm?

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 01:18 AM
That is why they are being ****y, we are only staying two they want three.

Is that like Fonty's farm?

Johnny Canuck
8th March 2011, 01:20 AM
It's in either this thread or the last one.

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 01:22 AM
Oh that thing near Pinjarra? I'll check it oot.

simmsy
8th March 2011, 01:41 AM
For the record as well I don't actually recall saying I'd do this. I just started a thread and then got saddled with it somehow. I may be wrong about that though.

You know u and Zeus(remember him?) were given the honor of choosing courses and accom for this year after finishing 1,2 last year. Same will happen in this years champs.

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 10:31 AM
I thought the winner just decided fridays course and format?

Shadesy
8th March 2011, 11:10 AM
+1 with JC.

If shadesy is playing in this as well, that makes 4 KB members, so definately shouldnt be a worry in terms of cost.

Is anyone willing to take over from a dis-organsed Uni student? all they know how to do is sink warm cheap piss, and complain about the world.

I have realised I have organized a bucks party on the 16th of April for my best mate, and as such are no chance on playing anything.

Will meet you all at Secret Harbour on the 30th!

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 12:11 PM
Fit do you have the link to that farm thing?

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 12:48 PM
Further if anyone has any accommodation suggestions I will take them on board, my emails and calls are getting no wheres.

rubin
8th March 2011, 12:51 PM
how many people are in for accomodation Yoss? I may have some ideas, but it would depend on numbers.

Yossarian
8th March 2011, 12:53 PM
It is in the other thread. 12 or so.

rubin
8th March 2011, 01:01 PM
Fair enough. Let me have a look and i'll let you know.

Yossarian
10th March 2011, 05:58 PM
Fit? Farm linkage?

rubin
10th March 2011, 06:42 PM
Yoss, have you checked Stayz.com.au?

Im seeing heaps mate. theres one there on the beach, sleeps 12 for $600 total.

Johnny Canuck
10th March 2011, 11:29 PM
In this thread, lazy ****er. http://www.about-australia.com/travel-guides/western-australia/perth/accommodation/self-contained/fairbridge-village/

Yossarian
11th March 2011, 02:40 AM
I am smoked atm, my one memory from fairbridge is a lot of vomit and people hiding their keys in bushes. Good place to stay.

simmsy
12th March 2011, 12:24 AM
I am smoking loads of sh!t atm, my one memory is far from fluid just remember a lot of vomit (chunky) and people hiding their keys in my ass crack. Great place to stay.
:smt087

Johnny Canuck
12th March 2011, 12:32 AM
How many are playing on the Friday? I need to book it off ASAP if it is going to happen.

Nuffie
12th March 2011, 12:38 AM
How many are playing on the Friday? I need to book it off ASAP if it is going to happen.

I am in, leave pass granted.

Yossarian
12th March 2011, 12:48 AM
Friday will happen JC even if it is me, nuffie and you.

Fairbridge will be booked soonish, good place to stay I reckon.

Johnny Canuck
12th March 2011, 01:17 AM
What are our final numbers looking like? I need to know if I should invite Marty for the weekend.

TourFit
12th March 2011, 01:38 AM
It looks like I'll do Friday too...

I was at Fairbridge Farm when my family first emigrated to Australia. Stayed there for 7 months. I was in the cottages Glasgow & Nelson. Seems kinda weird to me...going back to stay there I mean.

And Nelson is a very likely candidate...sleeps 17 in 3 double rooms, a triple room and two quad rooms...ALL SINGLE BEDS & NO BUNKS! Plus it has three bathrooms. For $425.

idgolfguy
12th March 2011, 07:58 AM
I'll stay even if I may not play on Friday, to make it worthwhile for accommodation.

rubin
12th March 2011, 10:32 PM
Friday definately in.

Will prob saty the weekend.

Yossarian
13th March 2011, 02:01 AM
It looks like I'll do Friday too...

I was at Fairbridge Farm when my family first emigrated to Australia. Stayed there for 7 months. I was in the cottages Glasgow & Nelson. Seems kinda weird to me...going back to stay there I mean.

And Nelson is a very likely candidate...sleeps 17 in 3 double rooms, a triple room and two quad rooms...ALL SINGLE BEDS & NO BUNKS! Plus it has three bathrooms. For $425.

Did they not have a Carnoustie cottage?

simmsy
13th March 2011, 02:03 AM
....this one time at carnoustie.....

idgolfguy
13th March 2011, 10:28 AM
Yoss can you please update the title with a date? If it is the 17th April - that Sunday is out for me due to family commitments. I'll do Saturday and hopefully Friday.

I'll try to move the Sunday, but need to be sure if this date is confirmed.

Daz_Golfa
22nd March 2011, 08:21 PM
Ok, what's going on...I leave you all alone to organise something and this happens !!!!!! lol ... does anyone know anything ??? about anythig !!!

Pieface
22nd March 2011, 09:51 PM
What venues on the Friday?

I am oot for the weekend now :(

If it's confirmed that that the dates are as per idgolfguy's post

rubin
22nd March 2011, 11:39 PM
Ok, what's going on...I leave you all alone to organise something and this happens !!!!!! lol ... does anyone know anything ??? about anythig !!!

are u serious???

Of course NOT!