OK time to close the other thread down and start afresh :D

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

Fishman Dan
26th May 2005, 08:02 AM
No Kimmorley.

Ducky
26th May 2005, 08:34 AM
No Kimmorley.
Agreed, he didn't do one thing right last night. Even with that being said, NSW would have easily won if it wasn't for some terrible decisions by the video referee (and the missed conversion attempts didn't help either).

Fishman Dan
26th May 2005, 08:37 AM
No Kimmorley.
Agreed, he didn't do one thing right last night. Even with that being said, NSW would have easily won if it wasn't for some terrible decisions by the video referee (and the missed conversion attempts didn't help either).

Amen brother.

Why did he take that kick and not Fitzgibbon?!

Fishman Dan
26th May 2005, 09:07 AM
Yeah - he was definately 'held' in that try. I mean, it took him 15 seconds to ground the ball.... even if it was in slow motion. :roll:

3rd umpire should get 30 seconds to make a judgement. Your game is slowly becoming more like American Football...

andylo
26th May 2005, 09:17 AM
QLD will win this. :twisted:

Eag's
26th May 2005, 02:03 PM
Get the tissues ready NSW supporters, I feel a clean sweep coming on :smt036

andylo
26th May 2005, 02:33 PM
By the way, when is the game start?

andylo
26th May 2005, 03:44 PM
So it's every 3 weeks... ok

Onewood
26th May 2005, 04:09 PM
So it's every 3 weeks... ok

You got too much time on your hand Andylo :D

Jarro
26th May 2005, 04:40 PM
once again, we hear all the excuses under the sun from the Bloos.

BOOHOO :cry: we hate the ref :roll:

get over it you clowns, you were outplayed .... pure and simple !!

Ricky Stuart .... bigger whinger than Gus Gould :evil:

BRING ON GAME 2 8)

Onewood
26th May 2005, 05:42 PM
once again, we hear all the excuses under the sun from the Bloos.

BOOHOO  :cry:  we hate the ref  :roll:

get over it you clowns, you were outplayed .... pure and simple !!

Ricky Stuart .... bigger whinger than Gus Gould  :evil:

BRING ON GAME 2  8)

I agree mate :roll: bloody southerners, I'm glad I live in QLD :lol: :lol:

Jarro
26th May 2005, 07:42 PM
I agree mate :roll: bloody southerners, I'm glad I live in QLD :lol:  :lol:

you're not fooling me for a second you sneaky bugger :P :wink:

Ducky
26th May 2005, 08:11 PM
you were outplayed...
You are so right. Not many players are able to knock the ball forward with their hand 20m and still have the try allowed.

:wink:

Jarro
26th May 2005, 08:14 PM
you were outplayed...
You are so right. Not many players are able to knock the ball forward with their hand 20m and still have the try allowed.

he couldn't have knocked it forward with his hand ..... it was awarded a try 8)

are you saying you guys were robbed by a bad referreing decision :?: :roll:

cazandpaul
27th May 2005, 04:34 AM
Shades of the Grasshopper :evil:

Jarro
27th May 2005, 05:24 AM
.. just can't lose with any dignity can you you whinging Bloos :roll:

Fishman Dan
27th May 2005, 08:10 AM
you were outplayed...

he couldn't have knocked it forward with his hand ..... it was awarded a try  8)

are you saying you guys were robbed by a bad referreing decision  :?:  :roll:

I don't get it. This bloke will catch any pass, diffuse 99% of bombs, take any downfield kick on the full (especially from Kimmorley :roll: - that first pickup was awesome) - yet a single pass to his waist and he's deemed never to have touched it with either of 2 hands?

What are the chances? :roll:

3oneday
27th May 2005, 09:22 AM
you were outplayed...

he couldn't have knocked it forward with his hand ..... it was awarded a try  8)

are you saying you guys were robbed by a bad referreing decision  :?:  :roll:

I don't get it. This bloke will catch any pass, diffuse 99% of bombs, take any downfield kick on the full (especially from Kimmorley :roll: - that first pickup was awesome) - yet a single pass to his waist and he's deemed never to have touched it with either of 2 hands?

What are the chances? :roll:wrong thread clowns :roll: :!: :!:

2 pages and the game is still 3 weeks away ?? my tip, no changes for NSW unless there are injuries. They are talking about bringing Johns onto the bench, sorry, the experts in the paper are talking about it, who do they drop, Wing ?? not bloody likely.

What they need to work on is better protection for Kimmorley, Lockyer always got the ball with time on his hands, if Kimmorley gets that same time he will win it for the Blues.

Don't be suprised if they also try this time to run around the QLD forwards, running through them didn't work but using their strengths (and size) on both wings paid dividend, time and time again.

1-1, decider back at Lang Park.

Pete

Fishman Dan
27th May 2005, 09:39 AM
What they need to work on is better protection for Kimmorley, Lockyer always got the ball with time on his hands, if Kimmorley gets that same time he will win it for the Blues.

His kicking game is shit. He gains nothing for the team in field position, and his failure to get the ball over the sidelines meant the forwards didn't get any breaks the other night. He throws flat passes that are great if the team is going forwards and the ball is played quickly, but he can't adapt to any other style of game.

Don't be suprised if they also try this time to run around the QLD forwards, running through them didn't work but using their strengths (and size) on both wings paid dividend, time and time again.

I thought the forwards did OK. Kennedy, Hindmarsh and Fitzgibbon were great. The first set of 6 after half time was sensational, they ran over the QLD forwards. They just need more of that, and for blokes like Riley to stand up.

1-1, decider back at Lang Park

Atleast we agree on one thing ;) :lol:

3oneday
27th May 2005, 09:45 AM

His kicking game is s#$%. He gains nothing for the team in field position, and his failure to get the ball over the sidelines meant the forwards didn't get any breaks the other night. He throws flat passes that are great if the team is going forwards and the ball is played quickly, but he can't adapt to any other style of game.Thanks for highlighting your knowledge, you missed the point, but reiterated mine without even realising it :P

Pete

Fishman Dan
27th May 2005, 09:51 AM
if Kimmorley gets that same time he will win it for the Blues

I disagree, he's not good enough to win the game.

I'll make it easier for you - he's the high-marker of League - good to have on your team for brief moments, but at the end of the day you want someone who's got a solid game ;)

3oneday
27th May 2005, 09:55 AM
sorry Dan, I should expand, you can't hold a number 7 responsible when his forwards provide no go forward, PLUS Kimmorley spent the entire 1st half defending, which was obviously also a well thought out ploy by the QLDers.

They played him out of the game, and the forwards provided him with NO time. I am not particularly a Kimmorley fan, and I must admit to thinking when he threw that pass, "well that topped off an excellent night for him" :roll: BUT, there is a media push for Johns to be included and at this stage he would be more of a liability than a benefit.

Due to my dislike of most things media (Bulldog mindset :wink: ) I simply cannot allow myself to agree with them :lol: :lol:

Pete

Fishman Dan
27th May 2005, 10:18 AM
sorry Dan, I should expand, you can't hold a number 7 responsible...

Ok, i understand now.. In the game i was watching, the blue guy weaing #7 threw a bullet-like (forward) pass onto the chest of a bloke wearing pink. :P  :lol:

I'd rather blame Kimmorley than hand the credit to a Queenslander (A-Lo has come up with a more affectionate term :lol:)

Time for the old saying to come true - a Champion comes through when needed. Johns has been out of sorts, but in an Origin game you would like to think he'll click. I guess we wait and see.

3oneday
27th May 2005, 10:43 AM
I'd rather blame Kimmorley than hand the credit to a Queenslander (A-Lo has come up with a more affectionate term :lol:)and the Qlders reckon Ricky Stuart is whinging about the ref :lol: :lol: he's not about to give the Maroons credit now is he :?: especially with 2 games to go :wink: :wink: the mind games began at that press conference after the game 8) 8)

Pete

Jarro
27th May 2005, 03:51 PM
glad you pair have sorted out all the problems the Bloos had the other night ... maybe you should get Ricky's mobile number and just tell him how to coach the side as well :roll: :P

I hop Johns does play in the next game, he'll be a liability for sure. Might even smash his jaw again (accidently of course :wink: ) which would leave you guys with NO halfback this time 8)

.. just like game 1 really :P

where you guys need the most improvement in the side is in the front row .... Bailey and Ryles didn't make much headway against Price an Co.

That run Fishy is talking about from Bailey, was actually ACCROSS the field ... sort of like he was trying to run away from the oncoming truck that had him in his sights :twisted:

QLD to take the series down there at Bloo stadium by around 14 points :D

Fishman Dan
27th May 2005, 03:53 PM
Jarro - after the first 3 tackles in the 2nd half we were across the half way line. Would-be tacklers were bouncing off the Blues forwards.. it was great to see, albeit 41 minutes into the game.

Jarro
27th May 2005, 03:56 PM
i think you guys need Jason Stevens in the pack.

You know, someone that can unsettle the QLD boys by pulling up their shorts and grabbing them on the crotch, or by lifting his knees and elbows when he carries the ball ahead :roll:

Fishman Dan
27th May 2005, 04:49 PM
Looks like Johns is fit, back in full training for the Knights.

And do you really think Hagan, that's Johns coach for another 16 rounds, is going to issue the order to take him out during Origin 2?

Food for thought QLD'ers ;)

Jarro
27th May 2005, 08:21 PM
Fishy, a coach at origin level doesn't have to tell his players to go out and bash someone .... the QLD boys will do it anyway if Johns does play.

begs the question, does the coach tell his players NOT to take him out :?

Onewood
15th June 2005, 05:49 PM
Gee you Queenslanders must be confident :D I had to dig this out of the achieves :wink: :D

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

Fishman Dan
15th June 2005, 06:00 PM
There were people everywhere between work and home.

This is gunna be a BIG one!

GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JO-EY!!!!
JO-EY!!!!
JO-EY!!!!
JO-EY!!!!

Onewood
15th June 2005, 06:04 PM
This is gunna be a BIG one!

GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JO-EY!!!!
JO-EY!!!!
JO-EY!!!!
JO-EY!!!!
You forgot the bold button mate :D

Courty
15th June 2005, 06:16 PM
You forgot the bold button mate :D

You're the one who's being bold :wink:

Cheering the Blues from deep inside QUEENSLANDER territory. Nearly half of the Maroons squad live in your newly adopted town!  :shock:  :twisted:

Say hello to your new neighbours! :twisted: :lol:

Jarro
15th June 2005, 06:33 PM
QUEENSLANDER

.. all that needs saying really :wink:

Keza_G
15th June 2005, 06:43 PM
QUEENSLANDER

I have converted my Tenterfield born husband into a maroon wearing queensland supporter...

Go you mighty 'roons.....

Cheers

Keza

Onewood
15th June 2005, 07:13 PM
It's about to start :D so one more time :wink:

GO YOU MIGHTY BLUES

And as someone else "who Knows the game" SAID
JO-EY!!!!
JO-EY!!!!
JO-EY!!!!
JO-EY!!!!

Fishman Dan
15th June 2005, 07:13 PM
Keza, that's against the Geneva convention...

Were you wielding one of those Long Driver Drivers when he 'succumbed'?

macleod
15th June 2005, 07:15 PM
HG's comment just then:

"yes, most cheerleaders go on to become ticket clerks at the TAB"

something to that effect....was covering the cheerios (little boys, franks,whatever...) and actually snorted....

damn party pies are taking too long to heat up......thank god for the homemade peri-peri/mayonnaise dip (the perinaise in the jar is too sweet) and tasty jack's and my carlton draught

(yes, quiet down.....there's thinking beers and then there's drinking beers....and budgets...)

Onewood
15th June 2005, 07:58 PM
HG's comment just then:

"yes, most cheerleaders go on to become ticket clerks at the TAB"

something to that effect....was covering the cheerios (little boys, franks,whatever...) and actually snorted....

damn party pies are taking too long to heat up......thank god for the homemade peri-peri/mayonnaise dip (the perinaise in the jar is too sweet) and tasty jack's and my carlton draught

(yes, quiet down.....there's thinking beers and then there's drinking beers....and budgets...)

What do you think about the game Mac :roll: :D

Jarro
15th June 2005, 07:59 PM
QUEENSLANDER

at least we won the first half :P :P :P :lol:

990B Luva
15th June 2005, 08:05 PM
I reckon Jarro.......
QUEENSLANDER

Onewood . . . . . Big Mistake, as Courty said nearly HALF the Maroons live near your new place :lol:

macleod
15th June 2005, 08:10 PM
errr, game? :D

some usual unforced errors down the scoring end from the blues.....good work boys.

ah minichello...

Lyndal: "mini-chello?...ahahahahahaha...he's a min-cello"

Onewood
15th June 2005, 08:10 PM
****EN DREAMERS :D

Anonymous
15th June 2005, 08:12 PM
League seems to have adopted the Rugby Union idea that anything less than a metre forward is not worth worrying about. There must have been 20 forward passes from dummy half so far.
How come Bailey gets away with knee lifting and Jason Stevens doesn't?
Born and bred in NSW but GO QLD (I hate Gould and Stuart)

Jarro
15th June 2005, 08:15 PM
luv your work Chucky 8) 8)

990B Luva
15th June 2005, 08:18 PM
NOOOOOOO its 12-12 Joeys finished, hes had his good kick for tonite :lol:

Fishman Dan
15th June 2005, 08:23 PM
JOHNS WILL SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IN GAME 3. HE CAN DO F**KING ANYTHING!!!!

20-12 girls. 12 points in 9 minutes...

:lol:  :lol:

990B Luva
15th June 2005, 08:25 PM
no, Joey has had too many good kicks...... get him off the field so QLD can wrap this up

990B Luva
15th June 2005, 08:27 PM
pffft Fishy there is another 36 mins left

Fishman Dan
15th June 2005, 08:29 PM
990b, 40-9=31 ;) :lol:

But you're a QLD'er, close enough :wink:

Fishman Dan
15th June 2005, 08:32 PM
COOPS!

Put down your glasses!

24-12 - kick to come. But it's Johns.. i've already put it down.

26-12

990B Luva
15th June 2005, 08:36 PM
when i posted there was 36 mins left Fish. QLD can still win..... but NSW has 16 players on the field :lol:

990B Luva
15th June 2005, 08:41 PM
BOWEN SCORES
QUEENSLANDER

Jarro
15th June 2005, 08:41 PM
Go Bowen you little champion :D :D

macleod
15th June 2005, 08:43 PM
oooh costly miss... :D

990B Luva
15th June 2005, 08:44 PM
10 points and 8 mins.... Come On QUEENSLAND

Fishman Dan
15th June 2005, 08:45 PM
Time for the old saying to come true - a Champion comes through when needed. Johns has been out of sorts, but in an Origin game you would like to think he'll click. I guess we wait and see.

Hmm....

We're home....3-0 here we come

Hmm....

Jarro
15th June 2005, 08:47 PM
so are you saying that you guys can't win without him Fishy :-k

macleod
15th June 2005, 08:48 PM
butter0-buderas!

Fishman Dan
15th June 2005, 08:49 PM
WHAT A PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GENIUS!

I'm blessed to be alive today to see his work...

5 mins to go, and Jarro's logged off....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

990B Luva
15th June 2005, 08:50 PM
NNNNNNOOOOOOO the Blues have it wrapped up :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jarro
15th June 2005, 08:50 PM
answer the question

wavemaker
15th June 2005, 08:51 PM
Too much chilli on the stick!!!!!!!

terryand
15th June 2005, 08:52 PM
Bit hard to win at this level with 2 fit men on the bench.

That being said props to Johns for the game he has had after 2 years out.

Terry.

Fishman Dan
15th June 2005, 08:52 PM
answer the question

You may have a point Jarro. With the worst half-back, we tied with you.. with a better one, we towelled you up. :lol:

990B Luva
15th June 2005, 08:53 PM
Queensland are in on the full time buzzer

Jarro
15th June 2005, 08:54 PM
answer the question

You may have a point Jarro. With the worst half-back, we tied with you.. with a better one, we towelled you up. :lol:

who won game 1 :?: :?:

was no tie fishhead .. we towelled ya's up.

now you gotta come play in our backyard again :twisted: :twisted:

Onewood
15th June 2005, 08:55 PM
Queensland are in on the full time buzzer

woopy do brett :D

What a walk over :roll: I wish they would toy with the Queenslanders like that :lol: :lol:

Series win on the cards now BLUES 2 the othe side 1 :D

terryand
15th June 2005, 08:55 PM
If Qld can get rid of the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half.......

2 games in a row now they have been asleep for this period :smt017

Terry.

terryand
15th June 2005, 08:59 PM
We're home....3-0 here we come.

You are dead set the kiss of death 9'er ](*,) [-X

Terry.

Anonymous
15th June 2005, 09:00 PM
Duh! I make a comment on the forward passes and Qld get denied a try on one a minute later. Talk about turning points, if that try was allowed it was a different game. Instead NSW score 18 unanswered points and it's over.
Gotta hand it to Johns, he really put on a display of football in that 2nd half.

Jarro
i think it was more a case of NSWhingers HAD to come out firing Tezza .. they were pretty comprhensively beaten in the first half. Ricky would have cried a river if they had've lost that one :cry: :cry: :cry:

Game 3 should be a beauty :twisted:

Onewood
Noone chatting :cry: Atleast I fronted up after the first game :roll: good to see the Queensland spirit coming through :lol:

markTHEblake
15th June 2005, 09:03 PM
does all that brail mean that NSW won?

Anonymous
15th June 2005, 09:03 PM
If Qld can get rid of the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half.......

2 games in a row now they have been asleep for this period
Each of these periods was Cameron Smith was off. He makes a big diference in the centre of the ruck.
I was getting worried about Ricky Stuarts whinging if NSW lost again. The League would be running out of refs that were acceptable to him. :roll:

macleod
15th June 2005, 09:08 PM
We're home....3-0 here we come.

You are dead set the kiss of death 9'er ](*,)  [-X

Terry.

mmmm....nah...

here...we'll try an experiment.

Richard, Celtic Goddess is racing tomorrow night at albie, race 9, nice 600m a 3/4 grade race, 2 zammit dogs in it...she's just had 10 days off with a small cut on her front pad.

throw out the call, is she a winner tomorrow?

then we can prove this theory of tezza's :D

oz
15th June 2005, 09:18 PM
Great game by Joey Johns. And solid performances from Anasta, Buderus, & Wing, too. I thought NSW's work at dummy half and first receiver was as good as I've seen from them in the last couple of years of Origin.

Maroons just couldn't get enough possession to make some inroads. Kudos to Matt Bowen's try, though. He's quiksilver, that boy.

Game 3 should be a cracker if both teams get their boys fully fit after tonight.

Jarro
15th June 2005, 09:19 PM
what the hell have you been smokin' Macca :smt017

Fishman Dan
16th June 2005, 08:03 AM
Overheard on the news this morning....

Wah bloody cry cry cry, wah whinge cry touch judge, ref wah wah wah.....

Pot calling the kettle black? Looking at the replay of the Ty Williams no-try, he said that 'Clarke thought it was ok....' - the person standing about 30 cm's away from Ty was the touchy - in perfect position. You can't argue with that.

Then Hagan chimes in saying that was the catalyst for the loss... with 30 minutes to go in the game? That's better than anything Stuart's ever whinged about.

Apparently Johns was awesome.... in case i missed the match, would anyone care to elaborate? :lol:

Jarro
16th June 2005, 08:13 AM
Overheard on the news this morning....

Wah bloody cry cry cry, wah whinge cry touch judge, ref wah wah wah.....

Pot calling the kettle black? Looking at the replay of the Ty Williams no-try, he said that 'Clarke thought it was ok....' - the person standing about 30 cm's away from Ty was the touchy - in perfect position. You can't argue with that.

Then Hagan chimes in saying that was the catalyst for the loss... with 30 minutes to go in the game? That's better than anything Stuart's ever whinged about.

Apparently Johns was awesome.... in case i missed the match, would anyone care to elaborate? :lol:

sounds awfully like Game 1 when Ty Williams scored our first try :roll:

I was glad the touchy had the balls to make the call, they usually don't :evil:

Chucky wrote :

Each of these periods was Cameron Smith was off. He makes a big diference in the centre of the ruck.

agree with that.

Smith is a very valuable member of this QLD side ... and when he's not out there, you can really see the holes start to appear around the ruck area.

Onewood
16th June 2005, 04:59 PM
I've learned my lesson tez....when we're 20 up at haltime in the decider I'll shut the F%#@ up.  :oops:

Shud up...full stop. would be better :D are you coming Sunday.........I wish to catch up with a few QLDers from the Bribie trip :D

Fishman Dan
17th June 2005, 01:50 PM
Q. If you see a Qld fan on a bicycle, why should you never swerve to hit him?
A. It could be your bicycle.

Q. What do Qld fans and sperm have in common?
A. One in 3,000,000 has a chance of becoming a human being.

Q. What's the difference between a dead dog on the road and a dead Qld fan on the road?
A. There are skid marks in front of the dog.

Q. What's the difference between Qld and a jet engine?
A. A jet engine eventually stops whining.

....more? I've got tons of 'em :lol:

andylo
17th June 2005, 01:59 PM
....more? I've got tons of 'em :lol:

Shoot it all out, I need a laugh.

macleod
17th June 2005, 03:13 PM
what the hell have you been smokin' Macca  :smt017
:D

you should never watch footy this way unless you're experienced......;)