6/18 effective approaches.
4/12 up and down successes.
31 putts.
------------------------
0 birdies.
9 pars.
8 bogeys.
1 other.

Score: 39-36-77 stab 19-19-38pts (Par 35-32-67 ACR 64).
H/cap Change: No change from 11.5* (should be 11.2).
Last 5 single comp rounds: Played to 9, 8, 18*, 13*, 13.

The lack of birdies is getting frustrating. At least I can use cored greens as an excuse, although I don't think it cost me too much today. Off the tee, I was very solid, but my approaches were a bit off. I missed greens in the wrong spots and it made it hard to get up and down.

I'm still thereabouts, but not good enough to beat my playing partner, Oxy, though. An easy 40pts for him today, but that handicap is slowly coming down and will be 22 for next week (That's one less 4 point opportunity in stab ;))

Next round: Gailes on Wednesday then my first monthly medal at Wally Park.

* **** you Gailes & Carbrook

Courty
30th October 2010, 02:32 PM
Single stab at Cairns GC this morning with Maysey, NAGA & the Silverback.

One of my better scoring rounds for some time. I still hit plenty of rubbish shots, but the misses were better controlled. The most frustrating thing is the fact that I missed 3 putts under 3 feet (one was a rank pull, but the others deflected off something). Still, I'll take it. 8)

78 gross
39 pts

8 fairways
8 greens
33 putts

1 birdie
11 pars
5 bogies
1 double

Eag's
30th October 2010, 02:39 PM
Nice shooting Courty :smt023

Ned
30th October 2010, 02:39 PM
Maysey's anchor problem affecting you ?

Courty
30th October 2010, 02:43 PM

Not today, although it was affecting his own game. ;)

haysey
30th October 2010, 02:57 PM

Slow play dragged me down today:razz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvMy1-uIA0U

MegaWatty
30th October 2010, 03:22 PM
That's the Two Ball at the end. Didn't end up in the lake?

Courty
30th October 2010, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately, no.

haysey
30th October 2010, 03:34 PM
Unfortunately, no.

Hey, I would have left it where I threw it. It was you clowns went to pick it up...Also, nice putt Courty. 3 / 3 my ass:mrgreen:

Warning: Language

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFCTvWfrOoc

AndyP
30th October 2010, 03:42 PM
Almost back off 6, Courty (6.6). Well played!

Is there a relaxed attitude to mobile phone during golf up your way?

haysey
30th October 2010, 03:47 PM

I'd be a far happier camper if that was true.

No, but when you're waiting on every shot it gets a bit out of control.

Courty
30th October 2010, 03:50 PM

Huh? How did you come up with 6.6?

Compared to some of the southern clubs there is.

AndyP
30th October 2010, 04:08 PM
Oops, I must have clicked on Mourty's golflink instead. Does 7.7 sound more like it?

Ned
30th October 2010, 04:35 PM
Mareeba GC today for Single Stab and Club Match Play

Won the MP 4/2

34 points in the Comp.

18/16

FIR 6

GIR 7

Putts 30

3 birdies

1 OoB

Couple of penalties.

sms316
30th October 2010, 05:51 PM

Won the MP 4/2

34 points in the Comp.

18/16

FIR 6

GIR 7

Putts 30

3 birdies

1 OoB

Couple of penalties.
Don't they have rules at Mareeba?

Shouldn't you have been disqualified from both events?

Courty
30th October 2010, 06:01 PM

Won the MP 4/2

Was that the grand final?

Ned
30th October 2010, 06:31 PM
Was that the grand final?

No.

Thats the next game either against the guy who beat me 2 years ago or another guy!

AndyP
30th October 2010, 06:31 PM

I thought the same thing. Bloody cowboys!

Ned
30th October 2010, 06:32 PM

What ever you say Dennis! Mudguts!

Ned
30th October 2010, 06:49 PM
I thought the same thing. Bloody cowboys!

No different to Brisbane, much in the same way was the OZgolf MP games played whilst the same players were also particpating in a Club competition ?

Outcast
30th October 2010, 06:50 PM
What a crazy day!!

Started poorly; couldn't put a half decent swing on... Stopped recording stats after 7 holes of pure shite - 11 over at that point

Made an offhanded remark to playing partner that I'd need to play the next 11 in even par - then did.....!!!! Suddenly it all came back; 4 birdies, heap of pars oh, and one double on our temp green par 3

32 points after a measly 11pts on the first 9 holes....

Stupid game really.....

AndyP
30th October 2010, 06:55 PM
No different to Brisbane, much in the same way was the OZgolf MP games played whilst the same players were also particpating in a Club competition ?
We only do the OZgolf MP during comp because it is convenient. We know it's not formally allowed. I've never heard of it during official matchplay before. .

sms316
30th October 2010, 07:00 PM
I've never heard of it during official matchplay before. .

That would be because it is against the rules of golf.

I've never worked at a club which has allowed it. But then I've never worked for a small country club which needs every $10 comp fee it can get.

Ned
30th October 2010, 07:06 PM
We only do the OZgolf MP during comp because it is convenient. We know it's not formally allowed. I've never heard of it during official matchplay before. .

We actually did a desk top result after the game, played out 18 holes of stab then over a beer compared scores for the MP result. (The same way Courty worked out the MP matches at the Millaa Millaa Open this year).;)

Regardless of conevenaince, cant have your cake and eat ot too!

Ned
30th October 2010, 07:07 PM
That would be because it is against the rules of golf.

I've never worked at a club which has allowed it. But then I've never worked for a small country club which needs every $10 comp fee it can get.

But even by your own admission, you have played a stroke/stableford competition and a match play game at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!:razz:

sms316
30th October 2010, 07:12 PM
But even by your own admission, you have played a stroke/stableford competition and a match play game at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!:razz:

So has anyone who has played a fourball wager in a Saturday comp.

It isn't an official comp and I wouldn't say that OzGolf is either since it is run by an entity not affiliated with Golf Australia.

FWIW - I've never played an official match concurrently with an official strokeplay competition.

Here's a slogan for your website - "FNQDGA - Where we make up our own rules."

AndyP
30th October 2010, 07:15 PM
Desktop matchplay. There's some pressure.

sms, most of us realise that official matchplay rules may be compromised during OZgolf matches to ensure that we don't violate the rules of the comp that we are playing in. The AGU comp takes precedence, as it should.

Ned
30th October 2010, 07:17 PM
So has anyone who has played a fourball wager in a Saturday comp.

It isn't an official comp and I wouldn't say that OzGolf is either since it is run by an entity not affiliated with Golf Australia.

FWIW - I've never played an official match concurrently with an official strokeplay competition.

Here's a slogan for your website - "FNQDGA - Where we make up our own rules."

Not my website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

sms316
30th October 2010, 07:18 PM
sms, most of us realise that official matchplay rules may be compromised during OZgolf matches to ensure that we don't violate the rules of the comp that we are playing in. The AGU comp takes precedence, as it should.

Exactly. That's because the strokeplay event is an official competition.

You pay entry fees in official compeitions. Yes. I went there.

Ned
30th October 2010, 07:19 PM
Desktop matchplay. There's some pressure.

Another invention of the Count!

AndyP
30th October 2010, 07:22 PM
I don't understand. What does the Count have to do with the running of official matchplay competitions at Mareeba? Is this actually an honour board event?

Ferrins
30th October 2010, 07:24 PM
Howeston GC on Friday with Daves and his mate.
I played good then bad
Dave played bad then good
Daves mate played first few holes good, then bad, then sh*thouse.

I won the $.

I love this 11 handicap.

Ned
30th October 2010, 07:25 PM
I don't understand. What does the Count have to do with the running of official matchplay competitions at Mareeba? Is this actually an honour board event?

I dont understand why people troll on Internet Forums but it happens!

AndyP
30th October 2010, 07:28 PM
Nice deflection from a serious question.

Bring back fireball matchplay!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYAjdM2d-Yc

sms316
30th October 2010, 08:16 PM
What on earth is fireball matchplay?

AndyP
30th October 2010, 08:23 PM
It is used to have a matchplay event after your scores have been submitted. It was generally done via a screen presentation where you play off in a knockout event but using the same scorecard.

Here was OZgolf's twist on it: http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/7933-2007-Ozgolf-Fireball-Matchplay-8-9-Sept-at-your-Club

LarryLong
30th October 2010, 08:25 PM
Stableford at Queenscliff this morning. 98 for 32 points, managed to play 17 holes in good weather and get drenched on the 18th. Murphy's law.

9/15 Fairways, for only 2 GIR. Inconsistent second shots all day but my short game was good by my standards. Mostly bogeys, 2 pars and a couple of blowout holes. Was masterful out of the sand, which was a good thing because I had to hit out of 10 different bunkers.

Best shot: PW from 85m in a deepish bunker for a sand save.
Worst shot: 6 iron on a par 3 that would have hooked more than 50m from the intended target line. Didn't even bother looking for it.

Club champs in two weeks, but realised I'm unavailable for the finals. Don't think that would have been a problem anyway.

timah!
30th October 2010, 11:22 PM
Squillions...

mike
30th October 2010, 11:49 PM
37 pts @ Atherton with a mate I went to the grand final with. (shit that's poor english)

Some pretty good golf all round and a fair bit of talk about the Dragons. Our other 2 playing partners ended up walking around with their fingers in their ears. Poor bastards.

All you FNQ guys, I recommend a hit at Atherton. In terrific shape atm.

McMw
31st October 2010, 12:09 AM
cracked 70 today, 5 birds, 4 bogeys, so happy with that...
it's been a while coming...had 2 chances earlier this year, both times, couldn't make the putts on the last holes...

mike
31st October 2010, 12:40 AM
Good shootin' Mau.

Andrew_S
31st October 2010, 01:27 AM
Net 69 at Twin Creeks playing off the back tees (course playing to 74) in a stroke event. Happy days!

Onewood
31st October 2010, 09:25 AM
Not a good day of stableford Mitch 30pts Dad 30pts
Highlight of the day was on the 1st hole....Mitch skinneeed a bunkers shot and it went across a 4 lane highway, so here I am with putter in hand standing out on the road waiting for trafic to clear :)

hocko
31st October 2010, 10:54 AM
Shot 76 gross at Melville yesterday.
Had a double bogey on the front nine and finished with 2 doubles on the last two holes....
Could have been so much better but i guess that's why we have handicaps.

Daves
31st October 2010, 12:23 PM
Howeston GC on Friday with Daves and his mate.
I played good then bad
Dave played bad then good
Daves mate played first few holes good, then bad, then sh*thouse.

I won the $.

I love this 11 handicap.

That would be right, taking money off a poor old pensioner!;)

McMw
31st October 2010, 01:38 PM
Shot 76 gross at Melville yesterday.
Had a double bogey on the front nine and finished with 2 doubles on the last two holes....
Could have been so much better but i guess that's why we have handicaps.

Melville Glades?
I played there not long ago, and my last 2 holes were 8 and 9, they had finished sanding the fairways there, and that 9th is one tuff SOB!!!

MegaWatty
31st October 2010, 01:48 PM
Not a good day of stableford Mitch 30pts Dad 30pts
Highlight of the day was on the 1st hole....Mitch skinneeed a bunkers shot and it went across a 4 lane highway, so here I am with putter in hand standing out on the road waiting for trafic to clear :)

Just to recover one ball? Best. Dad. Ever.

hocko
31st October 2010, 01:48 PM
Melville Glades?
I played there not long ago, and my last 2 holes were 8 and 9, they had finished sanding the fairways there, and that 9th is one tuff SOB!!!

Still a bit sandy at the minute.
The ninth was into the wind and played about 210mts.
If your gonna play there agin Maurice then give me a shout.

McMw
31st October 2010, 02:06 PM
If your gonna play there agin Maurice then give me a shout.

sure - it'll be sometime next year tho, if all goes acc to plan... :)
defn a course I can't just walk on first time, and shoot a decent score.
coz of the doglegs (and prob becoz I was trying a new driver, and wanted to whack the heck out of it), I was on the wrong side most of the time hitting into the greens...

hocko
31st October 2010, 03:22 PM
sure - it'll be sometime next year tho, if all goes acc to plan... :)
defn a course I can't just walk on first time, and shoot a decent score.
coz of the doglegs (and prob becoz I was trying a new driver, and wanted to whack the heck out of it), I was on the wrong side most of the time hitting into the greens...

Yep, definately a track you need to play a few times so you know where to put your drives.

Onewood
31st October 2010, 07:31 PM
Just to recover one ball? Best. Dad. Ever.
It was our first hole and Dad pays for the golf balls :)

Pieface
31st October 2010, 11:09 PM
Typical Pieface chopfest in the monthly mug. Out in 52 playing like a spastic. In in 41. Net 68 and polished off the club matchplay semi-final 4 and 2 with par on the 16th.

Hopefully in the running for the steak and got the matchplay final to deal with too. Confusing round for sure but glad I kept my head after a rough start. 41 for 9 is my equal PB :)

MegaWatty
31st October 2010, 11:22 PM
As per previous posts, how did you play a stroke event and matchplay in one?

Pieface
31st October 2010, 11:47 PM
Play the stroke event and keep a seperate card for the match on the appropriate index. It's not ideal but it's just social club golf so I don't think we lose sleep over the absolute nitty gritty of it MW. Most players stick to the stroke rules and take a loss of hole of they get caught in a rules tangle between matchplay and stroke golf.

Golfnut
1st November 2010, 12:26 AM
Great scoring on the back 9 PF.....where was this at, Colliers? Had a very similar round on Sat with a brain fart 48 front 9 and a 40 back out at Maylands........always nice to finish a round well though.

Pieface
1st November 2010, 01:02 AM
Up at Carramar GN. That's North of the river where ozgolfers fear to tread :lol: We should try to organise a hit up there one day. I think you would enjoy it

Golfnut
1st November 2010, 01:07 AM
Just checked google maps........Pickle me grandmother that's far away.....farthest north I get is Balcatta for jobs, how from there would it be?

McMw
1st November 2010, 01:56 AM
played Carramar a few times, yonks ago...like it (must have to have driven all the way there more than once)...
can't remember too much about it now (except for the 18th and the driving range), except how far away it is...
but defn better than the "sister" course Marangaroo...

just
1st November 2010, 10:10 AM
Played golf for the first time in almost two months. Nudgee north and the greens were cored recently.
7 GIR
7 Fairways
38 points, 15 on the front, 23 on the back. Played the back in 6 over, could have been better except for the triple on 17. Front could have better as well, hit the the two par threes (3 & 9) in reg and then promptly three putted.

Onewood
1st November 2010, 10:16 AM
Second last Junior comp for the year yesterday for Mitch 92, 21 = 71

Courty
1st November 2010, 09:18 PM
I just found out that I got 3rd in A Grade. 3 of us finished on 39 pts, but I came 3rd in countback. Now I'm really pissed about missing those short putts. :evil:

MAZA68
1st November 2010, 09:49 PM
Hills GC 30/10/2010

Gross - 80
Putts - 32

Couple of Doubles from a three putt and four putt.

Overall solid game, starting to work this course out now.