PDA

View Full Version : New user level of detail entered

macleod
25th May 2005, 08:05 AM
Is there anyway to make some of the fields for registering for the forum compulsory?

just noticing new users don't say bugger all about themselves...even if it was fake info i'd feel comfortable they made the effort ;)

nothing wrong with lurkers but nice to see a more open offering from our newer members, i figure if they bother to register it is a first step to being an active contributor.

just surprised we haven't attracted any psycho club dumpers like ISG yet :lol:

AndyP
25th May 2005, 08:14 AM
Is there anyway to make some of the fields for registering for the forum compulsory?
I think it is possible. :smt017 I'm not sure if we would want to do that or not.
Which fields in particular are you talking about?

just surprised we haven't attracted any psycho club dumpers like ISG yet :lol:
What about Gazgolf? :lol:

markTHEblake
25th May 2005, 03:34 PM
start enforcing that and people wont join, good idea though.

a great place to start would be get all the long term members to fill out there info properly, then the newbies would join in quick enough

McMw
25th May 2005, 05:38 PM
on another forum I've visited, there's actually a NEWBIE thread...

all newbies are spose to "intro" themselves there before posting on other threads...

of coz it can so easily get out of hand...

don't think it's a good idea...

macleod
27th May 2005, 09:16 AM
start enforcing that and people wont join, good idea though.

a great place to start would be get all the long term members to fill out there info properly, then the newbies would join in quick enough
not so much enforcing but setting the occasional field to mandatory just to get something more than a screen name would be nice.

just location and interests maybe?

just trying to get something more than a hundred users with the screentag prov1guy or something :)

yeah, the long termers aren't exactly forthcoming but then again we pretty much know each other so putting lots of crap in there is fun ...

macleod
27th May 2005, 09:18 AM
oh, it's just that when i see a new user has joined i naturally click on their screenname as i'm interested in whos new but it always ends up being a waste of time.....

just plain old interested in new parties and not for any ulterior motives such as defending my turf or something ;)