PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Gailes GC, Wednesday November 3, 6:54a

AndyP
28th October 2010, 01:14 PM
As initially organised in another thread (http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/21033-Midweek-Games-with-AndyP?p=546833&viewfull=1#post546833), Rusty and I are playing a game at Gailes next week. I've booked a full group at 6:54a, and there were plenty of other time spots available if we really needed them. It is a single stableford from the white markers, and will cost $25 for a visitor.

Does anyone else want to play?

1. AndyP 39pts
2. Rusty 38pts

Moe Norman
28th October 2010, 02:51 PM
pfft, as if you wouldn't play Tue morning instead.

AndyP
28th October 2010, 03:49 PM
I have a three year old with me at all times on a Tuesday, otherwise I would have joined you. I might wave at you over the fence from a cart, if I take him around for nine at WP.

AndyP
29th October 2010, 04:20 PM
None of the midweek regulars are available? The boy from Howlong? The Reddy Retiree?

Daves
29th October 2010, 06:32 PM
None of the midweek regulars are available? The boy from Howlong? The Reddy Retiree?

Wednesday's are my main comp day at Reddie Bay. Next week is Monthly medal which I don't like to miss. May be available Thursday if you are looking for another hit somewhere?

AndyP
29th October 2010, 06:55 PM
I understand wanting to play your home club.
One midweek comp is enough for me at the moment too. I also have to bake cakes on Thursday apparently...

McLeod is the only place I could get to for a comp on a Thursday anyway, as I don't have the car.

Eag's
29th October 2010, 08:11 PM

Sorry AP, I will be up the Sunny coast all next week.

Ferrins
29th October 2010, 09:52 PM
On Wednesday and Thursday I'm working till 9am. Friday early is fine.

AndyP
1st November 2010, 08:56 AM
I'll let these spots go at the end of the day, and maybe move Russ and I to the group before if those spots are still free.

Rusty
1st November 2010, 11:58 PM
moving to make a four's good. the earlier, the better for me.

AndyP
3rd November 2010, 02:06 PM
Another midweek round done. Gailes' greens still aren't completely recovered from coring, but they were okay. I still can't read the bastards.

Playing as a two behind some slow groups of four (4.5hrs) was a bit testing at times, but we got through it.

We scored well, but played a bit scratchy at times also.

1. AndyP 39pts
2. Rusty 38pts

Rusty
3rd November 2010, 04:58 PM
got me by one shot - well done. i'll have to think a bit more about how to play 9 & 18, so as to not wipe them next time.

maybe another two weeks and those greens'll be super. i'm still very impressed with the condition of the course. the fairway work they've done to provide a bit of springyness under the grass is showing great results. they're currently doing the RHS of the fairway on 2 from 100m out up the hill. Andy remembers that hole well after having to play a steep uphill 3rd shot into 2 from in between the sprinkler phases which were spraying outside the GUR area.

Gailes is also redraining the greenside bunkers on 15. so it's good to have those bunkers out of play going into that long, uphill to the green, par 4.

now the big question is - will AP's score get added to his golflink this time around?? stay tuned.