PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 23 May 05

Ona
24th May 2005, 10:29 PM
hit 11 of the first 12 greens in reg  :D  played them square  :(  was Hitting it great  :o  had 5 putts too many  :evil:

32(33) + 37(33) = 69
16 + 18 = 34 putts

Grunt
25th May 2005, 05:48 AM
Played Castle Hill yesterday, Golf Bank Championship qualifying round. Played poorly only hit 2 fairways all day, found heaps of bunkers. 89 nett 111 Gross. I know the numbers are bad but apart from slicing off the tee I was hitting the ball quite well.

New swing is failing on the course, awesome on the range. Was told this would be the case for a few weeks, will just have to deal with it.

Flowergirl
26th May 2005, 09:43 AM
Last round of the club championships yesterday. Had two aims...first was to get a good drive away from the first tee. I never usually stuff up the first drive but the first two rounds were shockers.
So here I am - on the first tee - second group out - all the ladies standing watching ( cos I said I wanted a good drive ) nice and relaxed - no thoughts of the previous bad ones - visualised the shot I wanted to make - nice and slow and steady swing - and topped it and it went about 10 mtrs.
Everyone - including me - killed themselves laughing - I got over it - and still made my bogey. :D
Second aim was to play under my handicap - and I did. Didn't break - CCR was 69.
Front nine 44 ( par 37)
Second nine 46 ( par 34) Couple of silly mistakes!
90 less 20 net 70.
Came in 4th - no podium finish for me. First place was 18 shots in front of second. :shock:
Second place lady is 77 and third place lady is in her 60's and only has one lung - just goes to show ya :shock:
Putted well - thanks Dr. Bob. :D

McMw
26th May 2005, 10:24 AM
played 5 holes only yesterday....some chicken in my flight was worried about some lightning... :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway...started off with 2 bogeys, finished with 2 birds...so glad to walk off after that... :lol:

peter_rs
26th May 2005, 12:09 PM
I was at home sick yesterday and Shazza had the day off so she drag me out. I wasn't expecting much after my weekends effort at remodeling logan. We played the south course at nudgee->start with a GIR and a par followed by a 10 on a par 4-first 2 drives snap slices OB and then a 3-iron hitting one of the red water stakes to find the fairway :lol: . After that I was scared for the rest of the day. anyway long story short with a putter on the blink I was happy to shot under a 100 and have a net 74. Some nice drives, maybe there is hope if I enter the LD comp at redlands bay it two weeks :?

As For shazza- her first round back after the wrist opp- net 70. 10 weeks of and she can do that :oops: :evil: . Her short game let her down, it could have so much better. She had 5 pars for the day :D . Her swing still looks good.

Eag's and Shazza are going to have a fun matchplay day :wink: .

Fishman Dan
26th May 2005, 12:43 PM
Peter - i doubt your boss is a member here, no need for the 'White untruths' about your coincidental sickness/wife's day off ;)

peter_rs
26th May 2005, 12:46 PM
Peter - i doubt your boss is a member here, no need for the 'White untruths' about your coincidental sickness/wife's day off ;)

No my boss is not a member... and I wish I saw not sick.... The nicest greating I got at work today is-"You look like shit go home".

Fishman Dan
26th May 2005, 01:03 PM

No my boss is not a member... and I wish I saw not sick.... The nicest greating I got at work today is-"You look like s#$% go home".

Yeah, a day in the sun will do that to you :lol:

I had a great time explaining to work last November after spending a day at St Michael's with 3 OzGolfer's - we played 36 holes that day.

Hard to explain sunburn the first day back after being 'sick'.

peter_rs
26th May 2005, 01:17 PM
No that was more because of the steady stream of mucus flowing from my nose :? - I have gone through two boxes of tissues and a roll of toilet paper to day alone. The worst part is the nose is that blocked and num I can’t tell if my nose is running until it hits my lip and my whole body cramps when I sneeze. I had to sleep sitting up in a chair last night to breath.

I worse thing is I have to be at work to cover over people that are away.

TO MUCH INFO YET :lol:

Onewood
28th May 2005, 05:07 PM
Trung check out the SIG. :D

Happy day 35,38, 73 - 5 = 68 for 40 points 8)

Bogeyed the last for a 1 over :roll: Now off a 4 8)

Blakey you'll still need the extra shot :D

oz
28th May 2005, 05:46 PM
So my first post here will show me up for the hack that I am....

31 points today. Drove the ball solid, but my iron play and short game were very shabby. 1 of 7 for the up & downs... :(

I've only found this place recently, but I used to post occasionally over at thegolfforum and iseekgolf as ozgolfnut. This board looks pretty good... mind if I come in and sit down for a while?

terryand
28th May 2005, 05:51 PM

31 points today.  Drove the ball solid, but my iron play and short game were very shabby.  1 of 7 for the up & downs... :(

I've only found this place recently, but I used to post occasionally over at thegolfforum and iseekgolf as ozgolfnut.  This board looks pretty good... mind if I come in and sit down for a while?

Welcome Oz,I think you'll find us lunatics here a fun bunch of idiots :wink:

Terry.

Onewood
28th May 2005, 05:53 PM

31 points today.  Drove the ball solid, but my iron play and short game were very shabby.  1 of 7 for the up & downs... :(

I've only found this place recently, but I used to post occasionally over at thegolfforum and iseekgolf as ozgolfnut.  This board looks pretty good... mind if I come in and sit down for a while?

Oz, welcome aboard, sit down, put the feet up and enjoy, I could run through the different personalities we have here :roll: but hey it's more fun working them out yourself :D

PS, and you can join in too :wink: :D and 31's not that far off the mark :wink:

Grunt
28th May 2005, 06:56 PM
Well played Cabramatta Wednesday, and well crap played better than me. was a frustrating day 21 points, 5 on the front nine but I think it made me a better golfer.

Onto Thursday and the light at the end of teh tunnel was there with a better round. 34 points with 17 each nine. A birdie & 3 pars so the game is coming back.

No golf next week as I have a an exam on Friday that I MUST pass for work. If all goes well golf on Friday afternoon & Saturday Morning.

AndyP
28th May 2005, 07:47 PM
Welcome Oz,I think you'll find us lunatics here a fun bunch of idiots :wink:
And some of us just idiots. ;)

McMw
28th May 2005, 08:09 PM
good shooting 1wood... :D

seems like I dídn't post my hacking score yesterday (41)... :evil:

played 18 this arvo...with yet again a differnt putter...
brought out the oddie #2 cs (desperate)...and seems to go nicely...drained a couple of nice putt...had 3 birds for the round (75)

chipping was ATROCIOUS tho... :evil: :evil:

AndyP
28th May 2005, 08:30 PM
28/05/05, Nambour GC, Stableford

Pretty happy with my round. Attitude great on the course and I'm trusting my swing on the whole.
Drove well all day with the driver and 3W, and my new putting style is starting to feel a lot more comfortable (after some shocker misses on the practice green).

10/12 effective T-shots.
3/18 effective regulation approaches.
34 putts.
------------------
6 pars.
8 bogeys.
4 doubles.

Score 18-15-33pts.

Courty
28th May 2005, 10:28 PM
6 fairways, 6 greens and 29 putts in a reasonable return to form today. I ended up scoring 78 (37 pts). Much happier with the ball-striking than last weekend's poultry effort. Although I still hit some loose ones, I recovered well and putted well to make up for it. Club Champs start next weekend, so I better start doing some practice. :roll:

Trung
29th May 2005, 05:06 PM
Q. What did you shoot this week?
A. Not very much 8) (24&22)

A great weekend indeed 8)

Jarro
29th May 2005, 07:32 PM
88 (32 points) at Bribie today with the lads.

7 fairways
4/10 up and downs
30 putts

jimandr
29th May 2005, 09:26 PM
I'm tempted to pretend my 19 points at Riverside Oaks today never happened, but upon reflection the round is actually worth talking about, as the round where I got penalised double for every bad shot, and penalised for some good ones. I didn't play well, but I've played similar rounds recently and recorded 34 and 35 points playing the same way I did today.

I was in real danger of breaking the OzGolf record lowest score today, and genuinely felt the pressure of trying to beat it on our second nine. I had three points after five holes, cruised to the turn with 3 one-pointers in a row, then wiped our 10th, for 6 points after 10. Amazingly, I then doubled my score with two three pointer pars in a row.

I didn't have a 2 pointer at all :!: 3x3, 10x1, 5 wipes.

The stats make extraordinary reading:

Fairways = 7 of 14, doesn't sound bad, but all my misses were into hazards
Greens = 7 of 18, hit some really good shots for no reward
Putts = 41. Worst putting round ever. 8 three-putts, and I holed a few 4 footer second putts to prevent this being worse. The greens were just impossible, so quick and I had a lot of downhill/sidehill putts I couldn't get to stop near the hole.
9 (yes 9) penalty shots, including four on one hole (2 fairway woods topped into the water, then I topped a third one that hit the bank and jumped out. I then put a sand wedge to 4 feet and holed it for an 8 with 4 penalties.

Now I've got all that off my chest, I feel better now. I don't think I'll put it into Golftrack though.

Eag's
29th May 2005, 09:28 PM
88 32pts Bribie today

5 Greens
5 Fairways
37 putts :oops:
2/10 U/D #-o

McMw
29th May 2005, 11:04 PM
don't know what went wrong today... :roll:

started off great...then bogey/double/bogey to be 4 over after 4...
birdied the next 3 to get it back to +1...and in great position on the 8th fairway, tossing btw soft nine/hard pw...
as it turned out, should have gone with the hard pw...as I doubled the 8th from nothing, and spun my ball back off the fringe into the drink on the 9th for back to back... :cry: :cry:

after bogey on 12 and triple on 13....I was done...

dissapointing 83, esp after yesterday's glimmer of hope... :cry: :cry:

Bruce
30th May 2005, 07:38 AM
4BBB on a wild, wet and windy Saturday morning at Mirboo.

33 points. :oops:

We were a well matched pair. Scoring together and wiping together.

Higlight was using the 'breeze' to knock out my first effective 300m drive. 345m par 4 and ended up 20m from the front having gone over the corner.

Lowlight was picking up on the Par 5 7th with more than 100m still to go.

Had 2 wayward drives that kicked hard off a tree right back to the middle of the fairway. Had to dig out 2 severely plugged balls that splatted down in the fringe. One was more than a balls worth deep.

And my putting is still a fricken disgrace. :evil:

amanda
30th May 2005, 09:42 AM
2nd round of the champs - I missed the first round due to illness - so I just went out to hack the ball around. Had 107/85 - with a 10, 3 8s and a few 7s! It was all caused by unnecessary risk taking brought on by the fact that I couldn't win the champs, so just go for it!

andylo
30th May 2005, 01:17 PM
Currently in gay swing mode. Good bye 290mts, welcome 190mts... along with balls are easier to be found ;)

Flowergirl
30th May 2005, 04:18 PM
Currently in gay swing mode. Good bye 290mts, welcome 190mts... along with balls are easier to be found ;)

Alo......you just break me up. :D

Had a great lesson on Saturday......have slowly been building a half decent swing - and i"m happy with the progress. My pro is great - he really gets enthused when I succeed :D My half hour lesson turned into
one and a half hours - not bad for $33.
Played a social game yesterday - but we had to play the front nine twice - not quite sure why?????
43 front nine par is 37
46 second time around.
Putted well but not great....driving was very good and even my short game was ok.
I know I will break this goddam 20 handicap soon - :D

gazgolf1
30th May 2005, 04:51 PM
74 gross for a nett 67 at Nudgee....disqualified for not writing my handicap down on the card and would have won A grade...still p!ssed :x . Lost a shot with handicap dropping from 7 to 6. :roll:

Lions lost again and we left at half time. :x

Other than that everythings just dandy. :?

Eag's
30th May 2005, 06:11 PM
Nice shooting Gaz :smt023 that new swing must be working eh :wink:
Pity about the comp though mate :(

gazgolf1
30th May 2005, 06:25 PM
Nice shooting Gaz  :smt023 that new swing must be working eh  :wink:
Pity about the comp though mate  :(

Gone back to the old swing Eagsy....just trying to hold my body angles. :roll:

Davemason
30th May 2005, 06:31 PM
Played Nambour on Saturday 37pts for the round (can't remember the front/back points) , then on Bribie had 23pts with 13pts on the front 10pts coming home a big contrasts in my two rounds of golf over the two days , plus played in a charity 4 man ambrose day at Keperra on the Thursday with a couple of non golfers and still had a net 60

AndyP
1st June 2005, 11:23 AM
29/05/05, Bribie Island GC, Single Stableford

Had too many shocker holes to shoot a reasonable score, and matchplay certainly had some effect.

I need to spend some time with the 58° wedge, as the 50° wedge wasn't the right club for chipping around the greens, and I had problems trusting the 58°.

New putting style is certainly starting to feel better, as I don't have to think about my setup as much now.  The better results with the putter should be coming soon. ;)

8/14 effective T-shots.
7/18 effective regulation approaches.
33 putts.
-------------------------
5 pars.
6 bogeys.
4 doubles.
3 others.

Score 12-14-26pts.