Mareeba or morning in Cairns is good

Onewood
Mitchell

Tomson
27th October 2010, 10:05 PM
Malanda??

haysey
27th October 2010, 10:09 PM
Aaaaghh. Pick the weekend three of the most prominent Ozgolfers are in Melbourne:cry:

Onewood
27th October 2010, 10:09 PM
Malanda??
Same place :)

Onewood
27th October 2010, 10:11 PM
Aaaaghh. Pick the weekend three of the most prominent Ozgolfers are in Melbourne:cry:
I was looking foreward to catching up with Mike and Courty too. oh well the rest will do ;)

haysey
27th October 2010, 10:14 PM
:mrgreen:

Shame on the timing. I would have liked to be here.

Courty
27th October 2010, 10:14 PM
Bugger Kev. I'll be with the big yellow feathered one & the NAGA that weekend. Couldn't make it another weekend, could you?

Dcanto
27th October 2010, 10:56 PM
I could be available to have a hit with you and Mitch at Cairns on Saturday morning if you're still interested. Just need to confirm I've got no family committments.

mike
27th October 2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah Kev I'll play. I don't mind where.

Cairns and Gordonvale are just down the Gillies. Atherton is 10 minutes from where you're staying and Mareeba half an hour.

You fixing somebody's pool?

Tomson
28th October 2010, 06:32 AM
I'm in

BrettM
28th October 2010, 06:37 AM
Sorry Mitchell I'll be in Melbourne myself that day.

Courty
28th October 2010, 07:05 AM
Sorry Mitchell I'll be in Melbourne myself that day.

Oh really? Available for golf on the Saturday?

Onewood
28th October 2010, 08:25 AM
You fixing somebody's pool?

Coming up for a play my daughter has a role in. coming up friday night so we can play any of the courses you mentioned, which ever is easy to get onto (hope they let juniors play in sat comp) 21 handicap junior

Dcanto
28th October 2010, 09:44 AM
I'm quite certain Cairns has no problems with juniors playing in the mornings in the Saturday comp. Should Mareeba or Atherton suit you guys better then I'd be happy to play up there if I'm available.

BrettM
28th October 2010, 04:14 PM
Oh really? Available for golf on the Saturday?

Fly home at 11am unfortunately. Will be there Thursday afternoon at Yarra Bend and most of the day Friday at St. Andrews Beach.

haysey
28th October 2010, 07:32 PM
Fly home at 11am unfortunately. Will be there Thursday afternoon at Yarra Bend and most of the day Friday at St. Andrews Beach.

St AB huh. Can you move the back tees up to the ladies for us?

Onewood
31st October 2010, 09:34 AM
Mike I see you recomend a hit at Atherton, so do we play there on the 13th.
I'm happy to play anywhere

Outcast
31st October 2010, 10:12 PM
I'm in

+1, Whereabouts....?

Don't worry Onewood, with the three in question missing; you ain't missin out on much....:lol:

mike
31st October 2010, 10:48 PM
Onewood
Mitchell
mike
Dcanto
Tom
Outcast

Mike I see you recomend a hit at Atherton, so do we play there on the 13th.
I'm happy to play anywhere
I'm easy Kev. I don't think anybody minds where they play.

Your thread. Your call.

mike
31st October 2010, 11:02 PM
Having said that I don't know how easy it would be to get onto Cairns, (Dave, Tom and OC will have more of an idea) Gordonvale doesn't sound great atm, big hitters like Tom and OC tend to hate Half Moon Bay and Mareeba will have to improve a hell of a lot in the next few weeks before I recommend it.

Atherton or Cairns. Start a poll.

Dcanto
31st October 2010, 11:12 PM
Saturday mornings at Cairns is usually not too hard to get onto. Even easier if you are happy to tee off the 10th.

Tomson
1st November 2010, 08:21 AM
After mike talked up Atherton I wouldn't mind having a look up there otherwise Cairns. At least mike will get to walk at either. ;)

Onewood
1st November 2010, 09:13 AM
Onewood
Mitchell
mike
Dcanto
Tom
Outcast

I'm easy Kev. I don't think anybody minds where they play.

Your thread. Your call.

Cairns Sat morning sounds good
Lets say around the 8 to 9am range, who's the official booking agent :)

mike
1st November 2010, 02:36 PM
You.

Dcanto
1st November 2010, 03:45 PM
I'm happy to arrange the bookings Friday morning once the time-sheet comes online if that suits everyone. Given the number of players if there are any requests as to who people would like to play with (or not play with as the case may be) then please let me know. Onewood and Mitchell will obviously be in the same group.

mike
1st November 2010, 06:34 PM
Book it Dave. And ffs change that username.

Dcanto
1st November 2010, 06:39 PM
Will do - can you PM me your golflink number so I can add you to my guest list in our timesheet system.

I'll have to speak to Courty about the username. God knows I wouldn't want to upset you. :roll:

mike
1st November 2010, 06:58 PM
GL# is 4061200129

Dcanto just doesn't roll off the tongue. Who's that in your avatar?

AndyP
1st November 2010, 07:26 PM
Dcanto just doesn't roll off the tongue.
You don't have to read things out aloud when you read the forum.

mike
1st November 2010, 08:00 PM
No but I read things aloud in my head.

Have you read Lord Of The Rings? It drove me nuts every time I got to the word "Eowyn". Like how the fk do you pronounce that?

Dave, don't change your username. I'll just call you Dave. Dave is such a nice name.

AndyP
1st November 2010, 08:18 PM
Have you read Lord Of The Rings? It drove me nuts every time I got to the word "Eowyn". Like how the fk do you pronounce that?
Then there's reading a book and pronouncing a name a certain way, and finding it was wrong later on.

Outcast
1st November 2010, 08:35 PM
Dcanto,

added you to my partner list as well; book me in please - member number 1982

And Mike is absolutely right - friggin hate Halfmoon Bay.... irons all day.... boring......!!!

mike
1st November 2010, 08:53 PM
Then there's reading a book and pronouncing a name a certain way, and finding it was wrong later on.Exactly. I struggled through the book calling her "Yowen" (rhymes with Owen) and in the movie ... hell I can't even spell how they pronounced it.

btw , Eowyn killing the boss Nazgul was the greatest killing of a bad dude EVER.

He says something like "No man can kill me"

Then she rips her helmet off and says "I'm no man" and shoves her sword down his throat. So cool.

Loved the LOTR books.

mike
1st November 2010, 08:58 PM
And Mike is absolutely right - friggin hate Halfmoon Bay.... irons all day.... boring......!!!Don't get me wrong, I love HMB. I just know big hitters hate the joint.
You have to think every time you tee it up. You don't automatically grab your driver on a par 4/5.
It's a thinking man's course. That's why I play it so well. ;)

Yossarian
1st November 2010, 09:01 PM
Exactly. I struggled through the book calling her "Yowen" (rhymes with Owen) and in the movie ... hell I can't even spell how they pronounced it.

btw , Eowyn killing the boss Nazgul was the greatest killing of a bad dude EVER.

He says something like "No man can kill me"

Then she rips her helmet off and says "I'm no man" and shoves her sword down his throat. So cool.

Loved the LOTR books.

The Silmarillion has an appendix from memory with pronunciations and the like. I don't think that will help with Dcanto though.

AndyP
1st November 2010, 09:08 PM
I don't think that will help with Dcanto though.I've always pronounced it with a 'u'.

haysey
1st November 2010, 09:34 PM
The Silmarillion has an appendix from memory with pronunciations and the like.

It does indeed and I quote:

"EA and EO are not run together, but constitute two syllables; these combinations are written ea and eo (Or when they begin names Ea or Eo: Earendil, Eonwe).

Note that the a and the o have two dots above them but I ain't smart enough to know how to do them on a keyboard.

Tomson
1st November 2010, 09:51 PM
It does indeed and I quote:

"EA and EO are not run together, but constitute two syllables; these combinations are written ea and eo (Or when they begin names Ea or Eo: Earendil, Eonwe).

Note that the a and the o have two dots above them but I ain't smart enough to know how to do them on a keyboard.

And here I was thinking you didn't finish high school. You amaze me haysey ;)

haysey
1st November 2010, 09:54 PM
Shhh. You'll ruin my image.

Tomson
1st November 2010, 09:58 PM
Did you get it at sharper image?

Dcanto
1st November 2010, 09:59 PM
GL# is 4061200129

Dcanto just doesn't roll off the tongue. Who's that in your avatar?

Thanks Mike. If you have to pronounce my username just say "dee-canto". The Avatar is Telly monster from Sesame Street. The clip this pic has been captured from is one where he is helping Gordon learn how to play golf. Given that other notable FNQ OzGolfers like haysey, Tomson and yourself have avatars which are muppets or story characters I thought I would join the mob. I'm not pretty enough to put myself in my avatar like Courty, nor am I clever enough to doctor a photo like Outcast and still make it look like something.

Dcanto,

added you to my partner list as well; book me in please - member number 1982

And Mike is absolutely right - friggin hate Halfmoon Bay.... irons all day.... boring......!!!

No worries. I've added you to my partner list as well and I'll make the booking first thing Friday morning.

Yossarian
1st November 2010, 09:59 PM
Eärendil

haysey
1st November 2010, 10:05 PM
Eärendil

See. Not smart. I've got NFI how to do that.

Courty
1st November 2010, 10:12 PM

Ďõ ŵħāŧ?

Outcast
1st November 2010, 10:13 PM
It's a thinking man's course. That's why I play it so well. ;)

I don't do thinking on a golf course... it's bad for my game... the more I think, the worse I play...

haysey
1st November 2010, 10:14 PM
Eöwyn

Wooooohooooo. Google is my frïënd

Yossarian
1st November 2010, 10:14 PM

For the rookies out there. Google and copy and paste is your friend.

EDIT

Hahaha well done :D

mike
1st November 2010, 10:15 PM
And here I was thinking you didn't finish high school. You amaze me haysey ;)
Yeah. Where the hell did that come from Haysey? You've read the Silmarillion?

mike
1st November 2010, 10:17 PM
So, how do we pronounce Eowyn?

haysey
1st November 2010, 10:18 PM
For the rookies out there. Google and copy and paste is your friend.

EDIT

Hahaha well done :D

8)

Yeah. Where the hell did that come from Haysey? You've read the Silmarillion?

Yep. Dumb tradie can read:razz:

Yoss reminded me when he mentioned it. I have a copy if you're interested?

mike
1st November 2010, 10:22 PM
Are there pictures in it?

haysey
1st November 2010, 10:25 PM
No pics. Plenty of words like Beleriand and Fingolfin but.

mike
1st November 2010, 10:27 PM
Nazgûl?

haysey
1st November 2010, 10:34 PM
Yep. Just had to have a quick refreshing read. It'd be twenty years since I read it.

mike
1st November 2010, 10:35 PM
I'll grab it next time we meet up. Will reading it improve my golf?

haysey
1st November 2010, 10:38 PM
I'll grab it next time we meet up. Will reading it improve my golf?

No doubt. You'll be single figures in no time. Or asleep, one of the two.

mike
1st November 2010, 10:40 PM
Haha. I've heard it's pretty full on.

Outcast
1st November 2010, 10:40 PM
Wooooohooooo. Google is my frïënd

OMG - Haysey has a friend.....!!

Is that your first one?? And does Google realise that you count them as a friend?:smt119

haysey
1st November 2010, 10:42 PM
Haha. I've heard it's pretty full on.

It is. It was a difficult read.

mike
1st November 2010, 10:50 PM
A big thick book. No pictures. Words I can't pronounce in my head.

That's all the boxes ticked. Let me at it.

Outcast
1st November 2010, 11:17 PM
A big thick book. No pictures. Words I can't pronounce in my head.

That's all the boxes ticked. Let me at it.

Is that a 'thinking man's book' I only do pictures....

I read a book once... I think

Yossarian
1st November 2010, 11:54 PM
I liked it, it tickles my imagination.

Onewood
2nd November 2010, 12:14 AM
Will do - can you PM me your golflink number so I can add you to my guest list in our timesheet system.
PM sent
thank you

Dcanto
2nd November 2010, 12:15 AM
PM sent
thank you

Thanks Kev.

Dcanto
2nd November 2010, 12:19 AM
Tomson - you still right to play or will you still be too sore from giving NK a pummelling up at Sea Temple. :razz:

Dcanto
5th November 2010, 07:32 AM
Booking made for Cairns on the 13th - but I have just become aware that it is the first round of the Foursomes Championships for members. Not sure what the club intends to do for non-members or those that don't want to play in the 4somes champs - the pro shop couldn't tell me at this point? In the past I think they have just run a Single Stableford.

Anyway the tee-times / groups (off the 10th tee) are:
8:01am Outcast, Onewood, Mitchell, Mike
8:08am Tomson, Dcanto

Cheers

Onewood
6th November 2010, 07:30 AM
New driving range opened up last night http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2010/11/04/new-driving-range-mackay-golf/ so I might get a little practice in before coming up :)
The range is on set at one end of the golf clubs turf farm.
I drove one to the end of the range last night (I think they told me it was 700 mts long) today I might just do some chipping practice ;)

Onewood
9th November 2010, 08:05 PM
Booking made for Cairns on the 13th - but I have just become aware that it is the first round of the Foursomes Championships for members. Not sure what the club intends to do for non-members or those that don't want to play in the 4somes champs - the pro shop couldn't tell me at this point? In the past I think they have just run a Single Stableford.
Cheers

Are we playing stableford ?

Dcanto
10th November 2010, 10:05 AM
Are we playing stableford ?

No, it would appear not. Rang the pro-shop this morning to check what the go was and was informed that everyone still plays foursomes with only members being eligible for the overall title. Non-members apparently can still take out the daily prizes & bragging rights.

I realise this comp format might not suit our guests so happy to consider a change of venue if a stableford or stroke event is preferred.

Onewood
10th November 2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks Dcanto
It's a long way to come for every 2nd shot :)
I would prefer to play a single event if thats ok by everyone

Dcanto
10th November 2010, 10:41 AM
Thanks Dcanto
It's a long way to come for every 2nd shot :)
I would prefer to play a single event if thats ok by everyone

That's cool - my thoughts exactly.
Sorry for the delay in letting you know but the last couple of days have been hectic to say the least.
Anybody know what's happening at Atherton or Mareeba comp wise? The other possibility is playing at Paradise Palms if that's of any interest (Saturday comp is a single stableford off the whites)?

Onewood
10th November 2010, 10:49 AM
I'll go with the flow as far as venue goes any of the 3 you've mentioned (which is going to be the driest area:) )

Dcanto
10th November 2010, 11:00 AM
Weather wise I think it is all going to fairly similar - chance of a shower or two about. Mareeba is usually the driest venue. Be good to get Mike's input once he finishes playing with Courty, Haysey, Rhino and the rest today at Cairns.
The potential drawback with Paradise Palms is that I think they might be in the process of doing green renovations & therfore cost wise some might not consider it to be worth it.
We can see what everyone one else thinks and go from there.:wink:

Onewood
10th November 2010, 02:02 PM
Be good to get Mike's input once he finishes playing with Courty, Haysey, Rhino and the rest today at Cairns.

Does this mean we get a funny golf clip tonight or does it only happen when Nagaman is playing :)

Dcanto
10th November 2010, 02:15 PM
Does this mean we get a funny golf clip tonight or does it only happen when Nagaman is playing :)

Not sure if the crew Haysey is playing with today would be as clip worthy as Solarman. Solarman makes it easy for Haysey because he gives up so many opportunities to be caught on camera doing something funny, weird or just plain stupid.

Outcast
10th November 2010, 06:40 PM
Gents,

Mike and I were discussing Saturday; I don't think any of us are that keen on playing in a foursomes comp even at our home club!! Paradise was mentioned; Mike commented that Mareeba is not in good shape at present. Atherton & Milaa Milaa were also mentioned.

Paradise is closer for me but, I am happy to play wherever there is no friggin foursomes comp... I'm happy to let the visitors decide however, if we go for the tablelands can we do so at a reasonable hour to allow us city dwellers time to get up there without leaving the day before :lol:

mike
10th November 2010, 07:36 PM
OK

Mareeba is probably not that bad, it's just so much worse than what I've been used to. 6 months ago it was the best course in the north. Not anymore. Lots of leaves lying around and shitty greens and surrounds and inexplicable patches of dead grass all over the place. Single stableford on Saturday.

Paradise Palms is reasonably close to everybody, stableford comp but a bit pricey and you have to ride in those damned buggies. Best course in the north atm.

HMB is an option but Outcast won't play there.

Atherton is in good nick but a lot further for the Cairns guys to get to.

Discuss.

haysey
10th November 2010, 07:39 PM
Saint Andrews Beach anyone?

Onewood
10th November 2010, 08:22 PM
How much is Paradise Palms, are they doing green renos ?
If every body is cool to play any of the three mentioned we can get Dcanto to put them in a hat and draw one out :)

Courty
10th November 2010, 08:23 PM

I'm in pencil. ;)

Tomson
10th November 2010, 08:24 PM
What about sea temple its only 55 otherwise it will be 95 at paradise. Maybe Atherton might be the go.

haysey
10th November 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm going to raise the bat

Yes, yes you are:mrgreen:

Outcast
10th November 2010, 09:07 PM

Sex & Travel Haysey....:-)

Outcast
10th November 2010, 09:09 PM
What about sea temple its only 55 otherwise it will be 95 at paradise. Maybe Atherton might be the go.

Good Point Tommo, and STCC is in great nick at present; no question over green reno's I believe...

Also, might be a little closer for our visitors perhaps??

Outcast
10th November 2010, 09:11 PM
HMB is an option but Outcast won't play there.

It's not that I won't play there, rather that I seriously dislike playing there, bordering on hate (but hate is such a strong emotion)..

Sea Temple, Paradise, Atherton, HMB (if we must) I'm easy... just not cheap...

Onewood
10th November 2010, 09:20 PM
Just looked up Sea Temples and asked Mitch if he would like to play it. his answer was yes pleeeeease :)

Courty
10th November 2010, 09:50 PM
Yes, yes you are:mrgreen:

Wanna put some money on it? ;)

haysey
10th November 2010, 09:52 PM
Wanna put some money on it? ;)

I think a wager of some description may well be in order...

Courty
10th November 2010, 09:55 PM
I think a wager of some description may well be in order...

We can negotiate on the plane. 8)

haysey
10th November 2010, 10:10 PM
We can negotiate on the plane. 8)

Fair enough.

Dcanto
10th November 2010, 11:15 PM
Just looked up Sea Temples and asked Mitch if he would like to play it. his answer was yes pleeeeease :)

I'd be happy to have a hit at Sea Temple. Does anyone know if the $55 rate is a locals only deal?

I would still like to tee off relatively early as I've got some family committments starting mid afternoon.

Outcast
10th November 2010, 11:31 PM
Don't know if it's a local deal or not; that's what we paid last weekend but, they didn't ask for id or proof of being a local so, guess it's the 'wet season' rate

What time do we want to hit off, I can make it for 8am but, means I lose beauty sleep:lol:

mike
10th November 2010, 11:32 PM
Courty and haysey get outa this thread will ya. :smt021:smt069:smt031http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/yumbotto/crazy.gif

So it's Sea Temple?

Outcast
10th November 2010, 11:36 PM
Courty and haysey get outa this thread will ya. :smt021:smt069:smt031http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t325/yumbotto/crazy.gif

+1

So it's Sea Temple?

Works for me

Dcanto
11th November 2010, 12:07 AM

So it's Sea Temple?

+1 to both comments.

8am is my preferred start time. As for beauty sleep....... somewhat of a lost cause. We all can't be as pretty as Courty.

mike
11th November 2010, 12:10 AM
Note the smilies.

Dcanto
11th November 2010, 12:11 AM
Note the smilies.

Courty would be so proud. :razz:

Outcast
11th November 2010, 12:16 AM
8am is my preferred start time

R U going to book Dave or do you want me to call...

How many spots do we need? (I'm having a seniors moment)

Dcanto
11th November 2010, 12:19 AM
R U going to book Dave or do you want me to call...

How many spots do we need? (I'm having a seniors moment)

If you have time to arrange the booking that would be great. Players previously confirmed were:
Outcast
Onewood
Mitchell
Mike
Dcanto
Tomson

I notice Tomson has been a bit quiet tonite - you still in Tom?

Outcast
11th November 2010, 12:29 AM
If you have time to arrange the booking that would be great

Will book two groups in my name for 8am first group..

Can you cancel the Cairns bookings then?

Dcanto
11th November 2010, 12:33 AM
Can you cancel the Cairns bookings then?

No worries, I'll take care of that.

Courty
11th November 2010, 06:54 AM

:smt006

haysey
11th November 2010, 07:31 AM
So....Courty, going to miss the Taipans game saturday night. Ok with that?

Onewood
11th November 2010, 08:11 AM
Sea temples around 8am is fine,
Is it a walk or cart course

Outcast
11th November 2010, 09:31 AM
Sea temples around 8am is fine,
Is it a walk or cart course

It's a Cart course; there is a range if you want to warm up with pretty good chipping, bunker and putting green facilities

Two groups booked under my name "Longhurst" for 8am Saturday Morning;

See you all there bright and early

mike
11th November 2010, 10:28 AM
I'm back to a maybe for this. I've got myself a calf strain (more like achilles) and I can barely walk. Off work today. I know STCC is buggies but there's still a lot of walking to be done.

I'll keep you informed.

Dcanto
11th November 2010, 10:30 AM
(I'm channeling Courty here) Harden the F*&% up Mike!

Hope the injury improves and you can still make it.

mike
11th November 2010, 10:35 AM
I figured someone would tell me within 5 minutes to htfu.

2 minutes dave. I'm impressed.

:wink:

Outcast
11th November 2010, 10:41 AM
I'm back to a maybe for this. I've got myself a calf strain (more like achilles) and I can barely walk. Off work today. I know STCC is buggies but there's still a lot of walking to be done.

I'll keep you informed.

+1

HTFU Mike ya big woose

haysey
11th November 2010, 12:53 PM

I'll keep you informed.

So from stomach upset yesterday to calf strain today....You've had a rough week Mike!

Dcanto
11th November 2010, 01:33 PM
I figured someone would tell me within 5 minutes to htfu.

2 minutes dave. I'm impressed.

:wink:

:mrgreen:

mike
11th November 2010, 01:37 PM
So from stomach upset yesterday to calf strain today....You've had a rough week Mike!Changed my mind. Yesterday was out of my annual leave. I'm too honest.

haysey
11th November 2010, 01:37 PM
FWIW gents. HMB was in pretty good nick apart from temp greens on 14 and 15.

mike
11th November 2010, 01:39 PM
Where's the temp on 14? There's no flat area within a mile of the green.

EDIT. Wait. Yes there is.

haysey
11th November 2010, 01:44 PM
Where's the temp on 14? There's no flat area within a mile of the green.

EDIT. Wait. Yes there is.

Yep. And that 6 square metre area of flatish land is where it is.

Should see what the new 14th green looks like. You think the old one had some movement in it:shock:

mike
11th November 2010, 01:49 PM
Sweet. I love HMB.

Onewood
12th November 2010, 07:33 PM
Just drove for 9 hrs and turned the wipers of once for about 10 min
whats the weather like down the hill

how long does it take from Malanda to Sea temple,

Do you need a ride down Mike?

mike
12th November 2010, 07:39 PM
Kev, I'm still not sure about this . See post #106 but ignore the ensuing dribble.

Back at work today but sore as hell. Iced up atm.

Malanda to Sea Temple is about 90 minutes.

Onewood
12th November 2010, 07:45 PM
Kev, I'm still not sure about this . See post #106 but ignore the ensuing dribble.

Back at work today but sore as hell. Iced up atm.

I've got the ute so we can lay you down in the back, and a bag of cement :)

Dcanto
12th November 2010, 10:03 PM
Not raining here at the moment Kev. Hopefully should only have isolated showers tomorrow.

Looking forward to meeting you and Mitchell tomorrow.

http://resources.weatherzone.com.au/wz/images/widgets/widget_transparent.pnghttp://resources.weatherzone.com.au/wz/images/widgets/widget_transparent.png

Outcast
12th November 2010, 10:58 PM
Not raining here at the moment Kev. Hopefully should only have isolated showers tomorrow.

Looking forward to meeting you and Mitchell tomorrow.

Also looking forward to meeting you both... Tommo tells me he should be there so, it looks like Mike is the only potentially ghey NQ Ozgolfer!!!!

C'mon Mike, FFS it's carts most of the time; all you have to do is hobble to the ball, hit it and hobble back to the cart then.... hobble onto the green...

Never know, might cheer you up ya big sook

Outcast
12th November 2010, 10:59 PM
Sweet. I love HMB.

That's because you are Ghey!!

Outcast
12th November 2010, 11:00 PM
See post #106 but ignore the ensuing dribble; I don't want anyone to know I am secretly ghey....

Why is that, it's all very very relevant....

Oh, and I fixed up your post

Onewood
12th November 2010, 11:32 PM
catch you all in the morning, I hope to leave by 6am so should br there aprox 7.30 if 90 min drive.
I see the FNQ boys scores down south so not much to beat tomorrow :)

Outcast
13th November 2010, 12:25 PM
Mike; soft, very soft...

Onewood & young Mitchell, good to meet you both; shame I played like a 36 marker;

Well done to Mitchell on achieving Junior player of the year at Mackay; not hard to see why young fella; well played for a solid 39 pts Onewood.

mike
13th November 2010, 03:24 PM
Mike; soft, very soft...
+1 ... but just wait til you get to my age young fella.

Sorry guys, golf wasn't possible today. Have to catch up next time Kev. Or I may turn up in Mackay sometime. I've got a mate and brother-in-law down there who are overdue for a visit.

I hope you guys were nice to Onewood. He's Ozgolf royalty.

mike
13th November 2010, 03:30 PM
Off topic but who cares. Here's a bit of background to my injury.
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/14959-Muscle-Pain?p=355702&highlight=calf#post355702

and

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/9643-Run-OZgolf-Run?p=549122&highlight=calf#post549122

After seeing a thousand doctors and physios and witchdoctors about this, I may have worked it out myself. I'm guessing this might have something to do with me carrying my clubs. I can walk and run and skip and jump and do pretty much anything, but after golf my legs are pretty fkd for a few days after.
As of next time I play, the Smoothy buggy is coming out of retirement.

Outcast
13th November 2010, 05:48 PM
As of next time I play, the Smoothy buggy is coming out of retirement.

I've got an MGI Electric buggy you can have for $400 there old fella :-) Only a couple of years old and in very good nick..

Hope your calves recover soon; Onewood had a good round; young Mitchell had a pretty reasonable one too, me, well I had a chop fest...

Onewood
13th November 2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the day guys (Ozgolf keeps turning out great people)
Scores
Onewood 39
Tomson 33
Dcanto 32
Mitchell 32
Outcast I'll whisper it 26 :)

We did miss you Mike, any time any of you are down Mackay way just sing out.

Outcast
13th November 2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the day guys (Ozgolf keeps turning out great people)
Scores
Onewood 39
Tomson 33
Outcast 32
Mitchell 32
Tomson I'll whisper it 26 :)

We did miss you Mike, any time any of you are down Mackay way just sing out.

Alas, twas me that had th 26pts....Tomson had 33 & Dcanto had 32...:cry:

Dcanto
14th November 2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks again for the game gents it was great to meet Onewood and Mitchell and also to catch-up with Outcast and Tomson.

Safe trip back to Mackay Onewood and hope to one day be in your neck of the woods and we can catch up for a hit. :wink:

Onewood
14th November 2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks again for the game gents it was great to meet Onewood and Mitchell and also to catch-up with Outcast and Tomson.

Safe trip back to Mackay Onewood and hope to one day be in your neck of the woods and we can catch up for a hit. :wink:
Back safe,
Any time your in this neck of the woods just let me know

Onewood
14th November 2010, 11:09 PM
Hey Dcanto
I just checked my golf link and it had me down as #1 for the comp
I'll have to give them a ring tomorrow

Dcanto
14th November 2010, 11:13 PM
Hey Dcanto

I want your handicapper. ;)

Well done Kev. Hopefully the prize is something you can use down your way, otherwise you may need to plan another trip north to use what could be a restaurant voucher. :)

mike
14th November 2010, 11:20 PM
Hey Dcanto
Burglar.

Well played Kev.

mike
14th November 2010, 11:21 PM
The day was sponsored by Pool Werx.

Onewood
15th November 2010, 09:05 AM
The day was sponsored by Pool Werx.
Thats all I need a BAG of bloody SALT :)

Courty
18th February 2011, 07:45 PM
Added to POTY.