PDA

View Full Version : Quick Post/Reply functionality added

AndyP
23rd May 2005, 11:52 PM
As you may be able to see below, at the bottom of the page, a quick reply function has been added.

Quick Tutorial

If you go into your Profile/OZgolfer Bio, you should see the following area added.

-------------------
http://img285.echo.cx/img285/5999/profile6jc.jpg
-------------------

From this you can customise exactly what you want from the quick post function.
This should be fairly self-explanatory if you look at the following image taken from a topic (or at the bottom of the page).

--------------------
http://img68.echo.cx/img68/726/qpfull0vk.jpg
--------------------

The BBCode buttons are those above the posting area such as bold, quote, and font size.
The More Options gives you a couple of options you would see in the normal reply, and allows you to quote selected text (just select and tick).  These options just pop out when you click on "More Options" below the reply area.

Disabling some of this stuff may be handy if you are finding that pages are slow in downloading.

I've tested the functionality as much as I can from my side.  The only problem I found was that the big quick reply button wasn't working (it's meant to show/hide the reply area).  Not really a big hassle, but if it works for you, let me know.

Please let me know if there are any other problems you encounter using this function or elsewhere (as this function may upset something else).

Post on.  8)
Andy

andylo
24th May 2005, 01:24 AM
Thanks mate

drunken
24th May 2005, 07:52 AM
The More Options gives you a couple of options you would see in the normal reply, and allows you to quote selected text (just select and tick). These options just pop out when you click on "More Options" below the reply area.

Yep looks like it works

markTHEblake
24th May 2005, 08:52 AM
me too

McMw
24th May 2005, 09:00 AM
nicely done... :D

AndyP
24th May 2005, 09:30 AM
OK.  So the quick reply button, next to the post reply button, doesn't work for you guys either, I am told.
No biggy, just something for me to look into.

Courty
24th May 2005, 12:41 PM
The only problem I found was that the big quick reply button wasn't working (it's meant to show/hide the reply area).  Not really a big hassle, but if it works for you, let me know.

Works fine for me Andy :smt023

AndyP
24th May 2005, 12:45 PM
The only problem I found was that the big quick reply button wasn't working (it's meant to show/hide the reply area).  Not really a big hassle, but if it works for you, let me know.

Works fine for me Andy  :smt023
It does? :?
So when you click on the quick reply button, next to the post reply button, it alternately hides or shows the whole quick reply area?
If so, what browser are you using?

Courty
24th May 2005, 03:44 PM

Works fine for me Andy  :smt023
It does?  :?
So when you click on the quick reply button, next to the post reply button, it alternately hides or shows the whole quick reply area?
If so, what browser are you using?

Why does that not surprise me :roll:. It works in Safari (Mac Browser) at home, but not in IE at work (Windoze)

AndyP
17th June 2005, 10:13 PM
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone is having any problems with the quick reply functionality.

:?:

markTHEblake
17th June 2005, 10:29 PM
only problem is Jarro found it 8)