PDA

View Full Version : Grunts Golf Week

Grunt
23rd May 2005, 06:54 PM
Hi All

Am about to start a busy golf week with 3 competition rounds in 3 days,

First off is Castle Hill for the NSW Golf Bank Championships first round, then Cabramatta with Andrew on Wednesday & top it off with a game @ Mac Grange on Thursday with the QANTAS Engineering Golf Club.

I also had an hour and a half with the pro this afternoon, rebuilding my swing. For those of you who have played with me before, I ended up actually hitting a few with a draw!! :roll: . Pro even thinks handicap can be 15 or less by christmas. :lol: That would be some improvement

Will post updates on how I go through the week.

Eag's
23rd May 2005, 07:02 PM
Good luck with all the comp rounds Grunt 8)
Sounds like the lessons are starting to pay off as well mate :wink:

Andrew
23rd May 2005, 09:57 PM
Mate,

I expect you'll be off 15 by the end of the week. :D

Grunt
24th May 2005, 04:51 PM
Well :shock:

Don't think I could have sliced the ball any more today. Pro told me yesterday that I would now get worse for a while and boy did I do that today.

Hit the ball as clean as a whistle all day, it was just that the ball also had the RH blinker on as soon as it got about 150m off the tee.

So after recovering on almost every hole, 2nd shots were as crisp a shot I have ever made with an almost draw like ball flight. :lol:

Castle Hill is a very nice course, loved the fast greens; hit the pin 3 times with chips, once it even dropped in but climbed out the other side, was like it bounced out.

Bring on Cabramatta tomorrow, I know what I am doing wrong and how to fix it I just can't do it on the course.

Fishman Dan
24th May 2005, 04:59 PM
Keep at it Grant, it'll fall into place. Great stuff.

Then you can tell me what i'm doing wrong ;)

Grunt
25th May 2005, 04:45 PM
Well Played Cabramatta this morning, same as yesterday missed the fairway all day and then played irons ok but had the handicap of being really bad positions (under trees etc.)

A huge 5 points on the front 9, Had the frustration on the 5th of being on for 1 and then 4 putting :evil: for 1 point.

Came back on the back 9 with 16 points, I either dragged the guys in the group down to my level or they felt sorry for me. I beat them both by a point on the back :?

Scrambled really well from some really bad positions, had 2 pars :D and a hell of a lot of very very wild slices :oops:

One thing to come out of today was I think I can safely say once this swing rebuild is complete I should be able to play the slice shot when required quite well. I tryed a few times today and it worked, slicing it out from the trees, esspecially on the last I bent a 4 iron out and round to the middle of the fairway just short of the green, I was very happy with that.

Oh well tomorrow is back to Mac Grange for a hit with QANTAS Engineering Golf Club, see if I can turn it around. :?

Grunt
28th May 2005, 08:09 PM
Mac Grange on Thursday,

Well my game sort of came back to me, 34 points. I was still slicing badly but the rest of my game had improved, 1 3 putt, a birdie and 2 pars.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, just hope it is not a train coming the other way and really is the light at the end of the tunnel.