PDA

View Full Version : Fitness workouts

razaar
20th October 2010, 07:03 AM
This is one workout that I may take up. Found it on another site and thought the fitness gurus here may find it interesting.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=487455171326

;)

Tongueboy
20th October 2010, 07:39 AM
can't be bothered

sms316
20th October 2010, 07:44 AM
Yep. That's what I do Ray.

TheTrueReview
20th October 2010, 07:52 AM
Seems like he has as good sense of humour . The video surprised me since he's supposed to be overtly into God fearing ways like Badds, Bubba & co.

Bruce
20th October 2010, 07:56 AM
Points to Ben for that.

He is still minus lots though for his play time.

Courty
20th October 2010, 10:00 PM
Hahaha, funny stuff.

grandmasterb
20th October 2010, 10:13 PM
That's GOLD.

Personally Im a fan of Tiger's work out, the stamina you would require to keep up with all those woman...

Lucasto23
20th October 2010, 10:14 PM
That was gold, must have asked bubba how to raise his profile

mike
20th October 2010, 11:19 PM
Haha. New found respect for Ben. Funny stuff.

matty
21st October 2010, 07:55 AM
Just got to wait for the 'Proshop' on foxtel to start selling the 'snakeshaker' as the newest, must have training aid.

dave1
23rd October 2010, 11:56 AM
My background is in coaching and fitness and have worked in sports industry awhile also...play off 7

ok.....work out for golf.....= golf......

the best way to train for a sport physically is play the sport itslef....yes weights and other fitness ideas all assist.....yoga can help also...

sure fitness can help and does.....but nothing supplement the movements of golf other than golf itslef.....

if you want fitness from golf.....you really need to play nine holes in 1 hour and speed walk...which is what i do sometimes

for golfers though.....swimming is excellent.....and bike riding.....increases hamstring strength, hip flexor strengthening and aerobic capacity

tiger is best golfer and a great athlete...but many believe and his former coach says he has lost a lot of flexability...being a Greek Adonis will not help club golfers that much

ypu would get some imprvement yes but honestly

...playing more golf will have a much greater impact and by the way your e golf game might improve too.....:shock::lol::lol:

Courty
23rd October 2010, 06:52 PM
...playing more golf will have a much greater impact and by the way your e golf game might improve too.....:shock::lol::lol:

I can prove disprove that theory. The more I play the worse I get. :roll:

;)

dave1
23rd October 2010, 07:05 PM
I can prove disprove that theory. The more I play the worse I get. :roll:

;)

craigh parry once went on a diet and lost a heap of weight.....his golf went the shizen housin......he quickly visited the hamburger joints again and got it sorted....

being fit will assist golfers but its improvemnt % or factor is greatly exagerated in my view

if you have been a big guy all your life your swing will be grooved in tune with what your body can achieve...lose a stack of weight and muscles and the way the body moves totally changes...Im not sayiing its good to be fat bugger either......but being super fit will not make you a better golfer...playing more golf will

Courty
23rd October 2010, 07:07 PM
What's this about fat buggers? Have you been talking to someone else from up here about me? ;)

haysey
23rd October 2010, 07:09 PM
Who ate all the pies?

Eag's
23rd October 2010, 07:32 PM
Trying to cut back on the fitness workouts, they are over rated.

dave1
24th October 2010, 03:20 PM
What's this about fat buggers? Have you been talking to someone else from up here about me? ;)

sorry no....

hey Im tad overweight too...yes I worked out and lost weight..did my golf improve...nup

Mark Calcaveica once said ..fat blokes should find golf easy..role the guts right and upwards...then let it drop.......

John Daly is one of the most flexible golfers ever..if not the most flexible...and he doesnt get within a PW of the PGA gym trailer (his quote) and he doesnt eat any of the fruit shit either (again his quote).....he doesnt class bananas as fruit :lol:

Tiger once said to Daly if I had your ability i wouldnt need to practice

razaar
24th October 2010, 05:30 PM
Trying to cut back on the fitness workouts, they are over rated.

Not if they keep you injury free and healthy. It is a proven fact - the more energy we expend the more energy we have.

http://www.answers.com/topic/citric-acid-cycle

AndyP
24th October 2010, 06:56 PM
Get with the program, Eag's. Since I've started seriously running my handicap has dived from a crappy 10 to an awesome 12.

goughy
24th October 2010, 07:42 PM
Shit, that's my tri suit he's wearing!

dee cee
3rd November 2010, 10:02 AM
I reckon for the regular punter if you can walk 18 then your fitness level is fine for golf. If you get to 14-15 and struggle like me... U need more fitness.
I guess for the pro's you've gotta be quite fit and strong to stay elite....