PDA

View Full Version : Royal Melbourne

terrys
19th October 2010, 08:58 AM
Anyone know what condition Royal Melbourne is in at the moment? I know it was a bit dry a year or so ago. has it improved? Looking to have a game there in early November but if it is struggling, we'll try somewhere else.

kingslayer33
19th October 2010, 09:03 AM
Bruce had just commented in the "Things you Like" thread that he liked RMW so maybe that was in response to just playing there.

I think his comment was in the last couple of days.

AndyP
19th October 2010, 09:06 AM
Bruce just played there on the weekend and loved it.

rodders
19th October 2010, 11:04 AM
Played there in may I think. Had same concern but course was great. Played the west course so don't know if difference between the two or not. When I was there Clayton was strolling about. I understand he is retained to make sure the course is schmick for next years pres cup. I also heard Vic govt gave substantial waivers to rm regarding water for same reason.

I wouldn't be worried.

andigold
19th October 2010, 11:49 AM
terry I played there with Bruce and some of the other TGF boys last Saturday. It's in OK nick and the best I've seen it for 3 or 4 years, greens were slow and the grass cover on them was a bit thin in places, fairways were good and growing in fast, bunkers needed more sand (or it could have been my bunker play that needed more sand :) ) Overall I was happy with the progress in the conditioning since my last game there nearly a year ago. Even in 7 out of 10 condition it's still the best course I've ever been on. :)

Bruce
19th October 2010, 01:04 PM
What Andi said.

Conditions are a couple of steps behind its' peers and greens are slow.
Bunkers were fine - Andi is just shit in the sand.

Underneath the cosmetic quibbles lies one of the finest golf courses on the planet.