PDA

View Full Version : 59

Trung
22nd May 2005, 08:12 PM
Trainee Teague cards 59
Thursday 19 May 2005

Second year trainee, Nicholas Teague, from the Emerald Lakes Golf Club in Queensland has shot an impressive 59 off the stick during Wednesday’s competition round at his home course on the Gold Coast.

Typically, the laconic Teague said “I didn’t hit it all that well. I only hit four fairways but the putter was red hot.”

And red hot the putter was with Teague’s scorecard including two eagles and nine birdies, seven of which came on the back nine.

Teague, who earlier this year shot an equally impressive 63 in the final round of the Rich River Classic to claim the course record and the title, has to be content with knowing he is in great form as his score will not count as a course record at Emerald Lakes because play was conducted from the white markers.

The Victorian, NSW and Queensland Trainee Championships are to be played in the next few weeks, when Teague was asked if he intended playing, he responded by simply implying that he was keen to have a hit and see what happened.

markTHEblake
22nd May 2005, 09:00 PM
I almost shot 59 that day as well, only missed by 1 shot (per hole)

The surprising thing about that score was that he had the 29 on the back 9,   which is at least 3 strokes harder than the front. Plenty of people have had <30 on the front 9, but the back has a habit of sneaking up on ya.

A funny story came out when he won the Rich River trainee tournament ealier this year.  On the last day one of the organisers or someone like that saw him eating a Microwaved Pizza (he had a 2nd one on the table which he was saving for dinner).  "You will neve make a decent golfer if your fat" or words to that effect.

Then he goes out a shoots a course record and wins by about 10 strokes.  He sees that same guy again and says "hey, not bad for a fat bloke!"

He is going to make a name for himself - only knows one speed,  and thats flat out.  Kinda like a John Daly.