PDA

View Full Version : PGA Merchandise Show

raidrboy
15th October 2010, 08:55 PM
Anybody from down Melbourne way heading out to the PGA Merchandise show at the Showgrounds this week end. I have decided to go even with the weather we are experiencing just the last few days. Not sure what to expect but I enjoyed one that I went to in Sydney about 4 years ago. Hope I am not disappointed as a 600 km's round trip is a long way to go home disappointed. If anyone else goes I would like to compare notes. I expect there might be a few head out their with a lot of golf courses closed.

Bruce
15th October 2010, 08:59 PM
Probably going to drop in on Sunday at some point.

David Williams
16th October 2010, 03:35 PM
Bruce I might head along too... I'll see what happens but if I go it'll be late morning.

rodders
16th October 2010, 04:25 PM
Anybody from down Melbourne way heading out to the PGA Merchandise show at the Showgrounds this week end. I have decided to go even with the weather we are experiencing just the last few days. Not sure what to expect but I enjoyed one that I went to in Sydney about 4 years ago. Hope I am not disappointed as a 600 km's round trip is a long way to go home disappointed. If anyone else goes I would like to compare notes. I expect there might be a few head out their with a lot of golf courses closed.

I travelled three suburbs and felt it a waste of time.

Ordinary. Barren, lots of crap and anything you try costs $5 (long drive/putt) etc.

Seriously, dont bother.

virge666
16th October 2010, 05:51 PM
I travelled three suburbs and felt it a waste of time.

Ordinary. Barren, lots of crap and anything you try costs $5 (long drive/putt) etc.

Seriously, dont bother.

i have to agree here... it is more of a flea market / demo day / school fete kind of feel nowadays.

Last years was absolutley dead.

Hawkers2008
17th October 2010, 05:24 PM
It was pretty dismal should have followed Rodder's advice.

raidrboy
17th October 2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah pretty ordinary I don't think there was much marketing done in any shape or form very disappointed.