PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Flowergirl
31st May 2004, 03:54 PM
OK OK I'll admit it. Watched nearly every episode of American Idol. I thought on the whole it showed very little talent...half of the singers couldn't even sing in tune.....but I would watch evry week to hear Fantasia. She just blew me away. Her performance last night on the final was one of those "special moments" that I will remember for a long time. Such emotion and heart. :smt049 :smt049

I will look forward to hearing more from her.

goughy
31st May 2004, 04:51 PM
Actually, I couldn't stand fantasia. Nothing personal, and I'll give her her dues; I picked her at the start as one of the final 3. But I just don't like the special quality in her voice. Reminds me too much of macy gray.

If diana had another 3 years on her (to make her the same age as fantasia) then fantasia wouldn't have touched her with a 10 foot pole. That girl can sing now, what's she gonna be like in 3 years.

Flowergirl
31st May 2004, 04:59 PM
Actually, I couldn't stand fantasia. Nothing personal, and I'll give her her dues; I picked her at the start as one of the final 3. But I just don't like the special quality in her voice. Reminds me too much of macy gray.

If diana had another 3 years on her (to make her the same age as fantasia) then fantasia wouldn't have touched her with a 10 foot pole. That girl can sing now, what's she gonna be like in 3 years.

Diana can sing???? She can sing - but a LOT of the time off key - and a lot of time she just yells.
I happen to LOOVVEE Macy Gray - we'll just agree to disagree :D

O K - then who did you want to win Guy or Shannon?? ( I think I already know your answer)

goughy
31st May 2004, 05:18 PM
Then I don't need to answer.

I picked shannon as the winner before I heard him sing a note. Unfotunately he couldn't sing his way out of a wet paper bag.

Dosen't mean I think guy will be a great success. But if the show is judged on talent then between the 2 of them the best singer won.

AndyP
31st May 2004, 05:22 PM
I watched a fair bit of the American Idols, until I got shipped to Canberra. I thought it was a pretty talentless bunch on the whole, and I don't know why Randy keeps saying that is the best Idol yet. Still, hell of a lot better talent than Popstars. :roll:

I'm a Guy man. (Did I just type that? :oops: )

Fishman Dan
31st May 2004, 05:35 PM
You've all lost my respect, i am very sorry.
I don't mind watching a bit of Big Brother (after all, there was a punch-up!), and got sucked into My Restaurant Rules... but American Idol?

:smt078 [-X

AndyP
31st May 2004, 05:49 PM
You've all lost my respect, i am very sorry.
I don't mind watching a bit of Big Brother (after all, there was a punch-up!), and got sucked into My Restaurant Rules... but American Idol?

:smt078 [-X

Aren't they all as bad as each other?

Golfgirl
31st May 2004, 08:24 PM
I watched most of this last series, and personally, I think the best performer was voted off too early....

Latoya London had a great voice, and a great stage presence - she knew how to work the camera.... how she got voted off before Jasmine is beyond me.... :?

I think that Fantasia is a talent - very much a young Arethra Franklin... but the "cartoon character" voice annoyed me.

I think that Diana is amazing for a 16 year old kid... keep an eye out - she could go a long way. :wink:

goughy
31st May 2004, 08:30 PM
I agree with you about latoya. I really expected to see her in the three, and probably in the final 2. Maybe some people just go the feeling that she expected it too.

Golfgirl
31st May 2004, 08:38 PM
I agree with you about latoya. I really expected to see her in the three, and probably in the final 2. Maybe some people just go the feeling that she expected it too.

Yeah - when she got voted off, I said that either her fans got complacent, or she got people's back up by being too confident... :roll:

McMw
31st May 2004, 10:49 PM
been keeping up to date with the AI Forum, and I'm also another who can't stand Fanatasia..
Personally, I thought she "cheated" on 2 of her song choices from a couple of weeks ago...but that's just me...

Fantasia's first album...sure...gonna be a big hit soon...
will do well, but her second album...I don't know...
Macy Gray has fallen off the face of the earth...

Like Clay from last year, watch out for both Diana and Jasmine to come on strongly...both have pop and radio-friendly voices!!! And that's what sells...not DONALD DUCK!!! :wink: