PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Jimandr in Noosa 20/10 to 25/10

jimandr
13th October 2010, 10:57 PM
I'll have to withdraw some of the horrible things I've said about Queensland over the years, because I'm having a holiday in the heart (or other body part) of the Sunshine Coast next week. I have a cousin who lives near the Glasshouse Mtns, so I am committed to visiting him over the weekend of 23 and 24 Oct.

But the clubs will be in the boot, and I intend to play some of the Sunshine Coast resort courses so I can enter the scores in the golf course bingo thread.

If anyone in the area is free for a game, I'd be happy to put some faces to nicknames.

I'm not a morning person, so afternoon games are preferred, hopefully even taking advantage of afternoon discounts off the regular price.

I should warn all residents that I am a magnet for appalling weather when I go on holidays. I'm hoping you got all your rotten weather out of the way the last two weeks, but don't be surprised if it gets worse.

sms316
14th October 2010, 12:31 PM
I'm a possible. Could potentially host you at Pelican Waters which drops the price back to $55. The week is busy there though with Holden Scramble finals and a couple of other things. Greens being cored on Tue 26/10.

If you are going to bring shitty weather, however, you can stay in Sydney. I'm sick to death of rain.

jimandr
17th October 2010, 01:09 PM
It looks like there is no other interest except for SMS's post. I leave Sydney tomorrow, so I won't see any other posts.

SMS - I've put your mobile number in my phone (hopefully it is the same one that is listed in the directory thread). I've give you a call when I'm there to see if something can be arranged.

AndyP
17th October 2010, 08:31 PM
Sorry Jim, I just can't see me getting up to the Sunshine Coast next weekend after being away from home the last two weekends. If sms posts what you organise, I'll see if it works.

jimandr
27th October 2010, 06:16 PM
I have just returned from Noosa. I was lucky with the weather. It was perfect almost every day. Sunny, 24 degrees, no wind, and not much humidity. It only rained once in the afternoon, and once at night.

I guess SMS didn't get the message I left on Thursday afternoon. Maybe I had the wrong number.

Anyway, I played two games of golf.

Thursday at Twin Waters: the greens had been sanded the previous week, so the green fee was reduced from $75 to $42. The greens were not bad at all, so I think I got value for money. I enjoyed the course. It serves its purpose very well as a Resort Course that doesn't pretend to be anything else. I played a ball from the blue tee, for 34 points, and a ball from the white tee for 37 points. That score is a bit flattering, as I holed 3 putts from outside 25ft with that ball.

Monday at Noosa Springs: normal rate is $110, I paid the twilight rate of $85, which included a cart. The course was in perfect condition, and it is one of the nicest looking courses I've ever seen. There are a number of holes worth taking photos of. It is a genuine water course. Hazards are in play on many holes, and there are a few quite thrilling water carries (on 4, 5 and 17, from memory). I really liked the course, and I recommend it highly to those who aren't discouraged by the high green fee. I was playing badly, and lost interest in playing a second ball, and then made a miracle recovery that included a holeout from a bunker on 16 and a birdie on 18, for a 36 point total after looking like getting 30 points. Strategic design buffs would hate it, but I loved it. Kooindah Waters, and the water holes at Castle Hill, are the closest comparison courses I can come up with.