View Full Version : Battle of the high hcp

andylo
19th May 2005, 08:23 AM
:lol:

Man I love this concept.

ALo
Kee
PeteRS

in Logan City Golf Course... one of the best hacking place in Brisbane (another one is Howston)

This Sat 12:20... I think :?

markTHEblake
19th May 2005, 08:27 AM
This Sat 12:20... I think  :?

you might wanna hit off a bit earlier mate......

andylo
19th May 2005, 08:44 AM
why Mark?

peter_rs
19th May 2005, 08:48 AM
I think he is saying we will be a slow group. and not finish in 5 hours before the sun starts going down.

andylo
19th May 2005, 08:53 AM
barstard :lol:

AndyP
19th May 2005, 09:51 AM
Andy, why didn't you just get me to move the other topic into the first tee area? :roll:

andylo
19th May 2005, 09:54 AM
because you are not in the chat :D

peter_rs
19th May 2005, 09:57 AM
You can just, I didn't see the point as there is not four so it does not count for ozgolf money just pride

andylo
19th May 2005, 09:59 AM
Doesn't it? I thought as long as you have more than 1 it counts toward :)

AndyP
19th May 2005, 10:11 AM
You can just, I didn't see the point as there is not four so it does not count for ozgolf money just pride
Read the rules, Pete.  :P

Andy, something wrong with the PM function?

peter_rs
19th May 2005, 10:37 AM
Ok I stand corrected.

Some reason I had 4 in my head :oops:

oh well.

markTHEblake
19th May 2005, 11:34 AM
barstard :lol:

Thats me!

Did you know that there is a Worst Golfer in the World Championship. They play it at the Sawgrass course where the TPC is held, and has the Island green 17th Hole,

from memory the winner one year shot about 160, and had about 50 strokes on that hole alone.

andylo
19th May 2005, 12:31 PM
REALLY?!?!??! LOL!!

Man I want to join that one!! At least I get tp play Sawglass :)

peter_rs
19th May 2005, 12:47 PM
http://www.mongrelmasters.org/

Kee
19th May 2005, 07:58 PM
Looking forward to this battle :).

We are the last group off at 12.20pm if I remember correctly. So we don't have to worry about slow play :P

AndyP
20th May 2005, 07:47 AM
I'm going to back Kee for this battle.
If he can find the key to relaxing on the course, he'll slaughter them. :twisted:

andylo
20th May 2005, 07:50 AM
Yeah if I have a belly putter right now that woulda be another story :p

AndyP
20th May 2005, 07:58 AM
Yeah if I have a belly putter right now that woulda be another story :p
So you'd have 3 putts on a green instead of 4? :P

peter_rs
20th May 2005, 08:00 AM
andylo you change gear that much (so I hear) you don't have a reason not to have the gear you want :lol: Invest in the belly putter if it works for you.

So the money is on Kee, this will be fun. a 3 way matchplay :wink:

peter_rs
20th May 2005, 08:04 AM
So is this going to be a general title "best of the hackiers" or are we going to look at-
driving
approach shots
putting

I didn't think you putted that bad at gallies andylo

Jarro
20th May 2005, 08:18 AM

i think he'd putt a lot better if he had a nice Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 33" 350 gram putter in his bag :wink: :P

Kee
20th May 2005, 08:20 AM
The "best of the worst" :P .

I don't think I'm going to play well on Saturday. Got a whole heap of things to do in the morning which will make me feel rushed which = bad golf.

I'd also like to try to finish the round in 4 to 4 1/2 hours as I need to be back for dinner guest.

Fishman Dan
20th May 2005, 08:20 AM

i think he'd putt a lot better if he had a nice Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 33" 350 gram putter in his bag  :wink:  :P

Mate that's a niche market your looking at. Surely you need to be targeting people under 5'4"?

peter_rs
20th May 2005, 08:28 AM
The "best of the worst"  :P .

I don't think I'm going to play well on Saturday. Got a whole heap of things to do in the morning which will make me feel rushed which = bad golf.

I'd also like to try to finish the round in 4 to 4 1/2 hours as I need to be back for dinner guest.

"best of the worst" it is.

Don't worry kee run around all you want in the morn, you will be fine just take a deep breath & remove the cover of the ball on the first tee with a perfect drive. :)

markTHEblake
20th May 2005, 04:15 PM
The "best of the worst"  

how come only three are playing.

69 couldnt get a leave pass huh?

Jarro
20th May 2005, 04:45 PM

i think he'd putt a lot better if he had a nice Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 33" 350 gram putter in his bag  :wink:  :P

Mate that's a niche market your looking at. Surely you need to be targeting people under 5'4"?

.. or people with really long arms :wink: :lol:

3oneday
20th May 2005, 06:47 PM
Where can we get a bet on :?: :?:

My money is on:

Kee to win
Jarro to come 2nd
Andy and Pete to tie for 3rd.

Kee has to win, he has a Nomad in the bag 8) and Jarro will bounce back from a poor start to finally break the magic 100 and come second =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Enjoy the day boys !!!!!!!!

Jarro
20th May 2005, 07:35 PM
Where can we get a bet on  :?:  :?:

My money is on:

Kee to win
Jarro to come 2nd
Andy and Pete to tie for 3rd.

Kee has to win, he has a Nomad in the bag  8) and Jarro will bounce back from a poor start to finally break the magic 100 and come second  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Enjoy the day boys !!!!!!!!

i'm not playin' you silly man :roll:

I think all that Ho-ing is starting to mess with your grey matter Pete :roll: :lol:

andylo
21st May 2005, 05:03 PM
3oneday and AndyP...

I WON!

:p

Jarro
21st May 2005, 05:11 PM
scores and wrapup please :wink:

Onewood
21st May 2005, 05:13 PM
3oneday and AndyP...

I WON!

Andylo :shock: when I seen you guy's you where redesigning the course :lol: eg: dogleg left on 14 and you hit a big slice to the right :wink:

Well played :smt038

AndyP
21st May 2005, 05:18 PM
3oneday and AndyP...

I WON!

There is no place for bragging on this site, Andy. [-X

Well done. ;)

Onewood
21st May 2005, 05:20 PM
3oneday and AndyP...

I WON!

There is no place for bragging on this site, Andy.   [-X

Well done. ;)

Except in the footy threads, :wink: havent had time to look yet so how am I going in the AFL :D

andylo
21st May 2005, 05:52 PM
Seriously I forget the score... at the end me and Kee play the same stroke off the stick but my cap is 1 more than him so I just manage to beat him with the net score instead.

I shot high 50 and high 40, Kee shot low 50s in both nine and Pete mid 50 both nine... but I really forget the score.

Kee was leading after the 1st 9 hole and I was the last.

For me I start pretty bad on the 1st nine. In the change of my swing and bad result is expected. I usually don't slice as much but I am slicing it all day long. On the other hand, Kee the slicer change his shot shape and become hooker ;) Peter has generally better shot making, hits more green and he hits his drive about 2 miles longer than both me and Kee.... but I manage to find somebody putt worse than me.

I only hit 1 drive is on fairway with a little (unwanted) fade, Kee definitely hit his driver better than me today (which is unusally) and when Peter has his driver on hand we both just waiting to get killed :D He hits a nice draw most of the time and it's beauty to watch :D

Make us even jealous is he got a caddy (his gf ;))

Unfortunately when it's on the green Pete just suddenly got possessed or something, I think we seen a couple of 4 putts and a bunch of 3 putts. But hang on, the last couple of holes he did hit some AWESOME putt :D

Kee just play to his usual game. You don't see many overly good shot but seriously non of the shot are too bad ;) Very very solid (26 cap) player. But he keep overfiring the green and when he does it he will finish the hole with 2 fat chip and another overkill chip :p Apart from it, very well played.

Me... sigh...  :cry: My favourite club (the driver) is not behaving due to my new setup (just to decrease the backspin a little but hitting the ball on the way up) Not only I wasn't able to outdrive any of these guys, also always missing to the right (big time) too. Plus my approach shot was hitting too strong, but chipping and putting like a woman. (Shazza even told me I was sissy ;)) But for some reason I did manage to wrap something up in 1 piece (no idea how thu) and shot a under 50 during my back nine to get a better result at the end.

Enough info? ;)

Thanks a lot Pete and Kee, nice game today and very enjoyable (still remeber the very "socialable" hole in the back 9 :D) We should do it again. Next time at your home course Pete?

Kee
22nd May 2005, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the day Pete and Andy. I had an enjoyable time. Should have another high happer battle, however, hopefully Shazza has recovered and can play as well.

I think we all had a very bad start. My normal slice fade has suddently become a hook due to a new tip from a Pro to help quicken my hands on the driver swing. So first shot, hooked in to the water where I've never ever gone in that direction on that hole before. But soon got the driver to go ok. Big thing that let me down was chipping I think. I think I averaged at least 2 chips per hole, which was bad. I definitely need chipping and pitching practice.

Andylo was actually putting ok today. His driver is now slicing which use to rarely happen. Looking at his stats, all missed fairway drives went left.

Peter, could have won if not for those putting. There were a number of holes, Pete got on GIR, and then proceeded to 3 or 4 putt his way to a bogey or double bogey. You need a mallet putter :D :P. But well played. When Pete connects well, the ball stays hit, big time.

So the final net scores:

1st Andylo = 76
2nd Kee = 77
3rd Peter_rs = 86

AndyP
22nd May 2005, 08:26 AM
So the final net scores:

1st Andylo = 76 (-1)
2nd Kee = 77 (-3)
3rd Peter_rs = 86 (-9)
Kee, why didn't you take the results as per the format of the comp you were playing in? That is, Par format. :?
Not that it makes a difference.

andylo
22nd May 2005, 09:11 AM
Because we both dunno how to do that. ;)

peter_rs
23rd May 2005, 07:58 AM
Three weeks off and my game is gone... If I ever had a game.

I ripped the skin of my left hand... something funkie going on in my grip. ever iron shot was an exercise in earth works. I think logan has some new bunkers after some of my shots.

front nine
putts 1x4, 5x3 for 25
5 OB or water
GIR 2

Back nine
putts 2x3 for 19
4 OB or water

The greens at logan got to me, I just could not see the break or get the speed right.

109 total, all in all I'm impressed I didn't walk of at 9 (hard to hold a club if you are missing skin). I don't know how I shot under 110.

Andylo and kee you don't want to play middle ridge its a killer with all the trees and the fact its in toowoomba. But yes we will have another game soon.

Thanks for a good wrap on my driving (It was not that good)... but you guys did get it out there too. After seeing you guys play I would recommend spending more time on your short game. We all missed or stuffed alot of chips. Your long games are not letting you down.

We will have to book a time soon, sharon is having her first 18 this week.

Fishman Dan
23rd May 2005, 08:20 AM
1st Andylo = 76
2nd Kee = 77
3rd Peter_rs = 86

So i take it you didn't pick up your ball and prepare for the next hole as soon as you had secured your "-"? [-X

peter_rs
23rd May 2005, 08:31 AM
If we are holding up play or grouping behind the group ahead then its bad.

I think three hackers going around 18 holes in under 4 hours in a sat comp is good. Just because we are hackers doesn't mean we play slow.

Do you always pick up? :lol:

Fishman Dan
23rd May 2005, 08:32 AM

If i've run out of shots, yes. :wink:

peter_rs
23rd May 2005, 09:08 AM

If i've run out of shots, yes.  :wink:

Well your better then us :wink: must be because of our high hcp :wink:

Fishman Dan
23rd May 2005, 10:01 AM

If i've run out of shots, yes.  :wink:

Well your better then us :wink:  must be because of our high hcp :wink:

Not at all, silly thing to say. You imply there's some sort of elitism, but you fail to realise we were all high handicappers at one stage ;)

It's simple ettiquette. You commented that you played quickly, that's great - but generally speaking when i've run out of shots i pick up. Besides, if i've run out of shots the chances are I've got the $hits and can't wait to get to the next tee :P

markTHEblake
23rd May 2005, 10:38 AM
its not ettiquette, its the rules (of the competition).     Playing out holes in the middle of a comp could get you hauled up before the committee, regardless of whether your holding up play or not.

and yes, I pick up too. Most of golf is an attempt at futility anyway, so why persevere.

peter_rs
23rd May 2005, 10:48 AM
Fish-> I perfer to hold out as it gives me closer on that hole. If I'm at double and still 100m from the green then yes pick up.

Hi Blakie-> I know the rules. But when your the last group for the day and not swaping over 9's then I don't see the problem, if you are up with the group in front.

Ok so most of them where a 2 inch tap ins but its still nice to finish the hole.