PDA

View Full Version : Foxtel bargaining.

Pages : [1] 2 3

gazgolf1
9th October 2010, 05:38 PM
There is a massive thread on Whirlpool about bargaining for Foxtel upgrades. It appears the go is to say you want to cancel and they will offer you all sorts of package upgrades and free connections to stay.
I'm looking to upgrade to IQ2 Hi-Def and really don't want to give them $200 just to come out and change the Foxtel box so I might give them a call and see what goes.
Anyone tried this?

markTHEblake
9th October 2010, 06:42 PM
There is a massive thread on Whirlpool about bargaining for Foxtel upgrades. It appears the go is to say you want to cancel and they will offer you all sorts of package upgrades and free connections to stay.

That would be standard procedure for a service company like Foxtel, not sure exactly how they do the deals, but I can speak for Austar, having worked there for so long. With them if you cancel straight up they accept your request without any discussion, and say it will take 30 days, then a retention team will call back in week or so for you to 'confirm' and than hard sell you to keep the business. The retention team has a renumerative sales/strike rate focus so they will do all sorts of deals. Usually full service free for a month, but that would vary depending on your reason for cancelling. However that then nullifies your cancellation request, and you remain on that package forever until you change or go through the cancellation process again.

The logic is that it costs more to get a new customer than it does to keep an old one, so they will throw some pretty good deal at you.

Moe Norman
9th October 2010, 06:44 PM
hmm, I might try this.

I've been with them for about 6 years an never got any goodies for free

Jarro
9th October 2010, 06:49 PM
We've never received any discounts from them either, and we've been with them since they started.

Let us know how you get on Gaz.

markTHEblake
9th October 2010, 06:57 PM
You guys sure you never got anything for free? A couple of times a year they will run a promo on one of the packages and give it away free for a month.

You wont get discounts though, there is no such thing.

Jarro
9th October 2010, 07:06 PM
I think the most we've ever received from them is the movie package free for a month (or so)

Eldrick
9th October 2010, 07:36 PM
You may be able to get a self install kit Gaz.you can with standard Foxtel,not sure about IQ

jaybam
9th October 2010, 10:26 PM
I had a blue win them when I moved I to our house and they were going to charge us 300 buckks to reinstall. Told hem to jam it and disconnect it and all of a sudden they did it for free with an extra box downstairs. Last week j blues with them again because they are taking our two free box office movies a month away so I told them to jam it again and am now getting a free upgrade to a HD box so yes gaz if you can argue it will work.
Good luck.

3oneday
9th October 2010, 10:29 PM
I rang a few months ago to disconnect. The first thing they offered me was IQ at $40 odd per month (i didn't have IQ at the time). I said no, I wanted to disconnect and they then offered me $10 a month for 4 channels, Fox Sports News, the 2 Comedy Channels and two others (yep, they can't count).

Anyway, I rejoined normal programming again this month and 2 weeks later I got a letter advising it had increased by $2 per month :roll:. It'll be gone for good soon, I can't deal with that sort of cynical crap.

Yossarian
10th October 2010, 12:06 AM
It worked for a mate or two over here gaz.

bergsey
10th October 2010, 01:31 AM
I had been with them about 7 years.... rang up this year as i noticed that for the price i was paying for my old package could have had the IQ included for free (only had std satellite stb).

Asked to speak to disconnections and they ended up offering me a free IQ2 install with all of the HD channels free for a year. Pretty happy with that.... I can get rid of the HD channels after a year although the golf looks awesome in HD every week !... back to watching the Dunhill links !

gazgolf1
10th October 2010, 07:58 AM
I had been with them about 7 years.... rang up this year as i noticed that for the price i was paying for my old package could have had the IQ included for free (only had std satellite stb).

Asked to speak to disconnections and they ended up offering me a free IQ2 install with all of the HD channels free for a year. Pretty happy with that.... I can get rid of the HD channels after a year although the golf looks awesome in HD every week !... back to watching the Dunhill links !

Nice one, thats all I want the IQ2 for golf, footy etc. I will let everyone know how I go.

Jarro
10th October 2010, 08:03 AM
The IQ2 is absolutely worth it.

Haggle away Gaz ;)

senecio
10th October 2010, 08:14 AM
I've done it Gaz.

I rang up to cancel, even though my intention was to upgrade to IQ2 & HD. Finished the call with free installation, HD package free for a year, 2 free box office movies a month & upgraded subscription with about 15 more channels than I had before.

I was $70 a month, ended up paying $80 a month for a package worth over $130.

Give it a go.

gazgolf1
10th October 2010, 09:53 AM
I've done it Gaz.

I rang up to cancel, even though my intention was to upgrade to IQ2 & HD. Finished the call with free installation, HD package free for a year, 2 free box office movies a month & upgraded subscription with about 15 more channels than I had before.

I was $70 a month, ended up paying $80 a month for a package worth over $130.

Give it a go.

Nice Ryan, is that the HD Gold package or Platimun HD ?

senecio
10th October 2010, 12:15 PM
It must be the gold package as I don't have the movies. Just checked out the Foxtel website and my numbers a little out HD Gold is $115, still not a bad discount.

rodders
10th October 2010, 10:05 PM
Great thread Gaz, thanks for posting.

I checked out Whirlpool and can see great deals to be had with foxtel. I'm just pissed I've been paying $100 per month for what people are getting for $60!

rodders
13th October 2010, 05:55 PM
Update.

Rang Monday to cancel. Guy in sales tried a deal for a movie added pm and reduce fee to $85. Said no thanks, just cancel.

Got a call this morning from retention team. Told him leaving cause of value and end result was:

- full platnium HD
- extra set for another room (standard), installed free this sat morning
- mag each month (dont really care less)
- reduced fee from $100 to $77 pm.

For a package worth over $150pm, I'm pretty happy.

gazgolf1
13th October 2010, 07:28 PM
Update.

Rang Monday to cancel. Guy in sales tried a deal for a movie added pm and reduce fee to $85. Said no thanks, just cancel.

Got a call this morning from retention team. Told him leaving cause of value and end result was:

- full platnium HD
- extra set for another room (standard), installed free this sat morning
- mag each month (dont really care less)
- reduced fee from $100 to $77 pm.

For a package worth over $150pm, I'm pretty happy.

Thats a great result rodders.

gazgolf1
28th October 2010, 07:53 PM
Got the call today from the retention team and scored;
Free upgrade to IQ2
HD Platinum
12 month contract
= $77 per month
installed tomorrow arvo
I felt like I could of done a few bucks better but was at work and could'nt really talk, happy with the deal tho.

macjackass
5th November 2010, 01:30 PM
I just had a "discussion" with them about cancelling. It will be interesting to see what they come back with. Not bothered, the only think worth watching at the moment is the EPL.

Moe Norman
5th November 2010, 02:00 PM
I was going to do this, but I'm going to move in the next few months so I need to wait until I've made the move

kpac
5th November 2010, 02:02 PM
Worth noting also if you'r considering getting Fox. Troll the whirlpool forums for a story about the deal you're interested in, and then tell them that's what you want. They say no to start with, (and i've heard sometimes they say yes but require you to pay connection) so tell them to jam it, they take down your details and call a week later, done deal. Mate just signed up at his new joint and gave this a go, worked for him, he now get more than i for less....... and didn't have to pay connection.

gazgolf1
5th November 2010, 03:08 PM
Worth noting also if you'r considering getting Fox. Troll the whirlpool forums for a story about the deal you're interested in, and then tell them that's what you want. They say no to start with, (and i've heard sometimes they say yes but require you to pay connection) so tell them to jam it, they take down your details and call a week later, done deal. Mate just signed up at his new joint and gave this a go, worked for him, he now get more than i for less....... and didn't have to pay connection.

Did'nt read the first post did ya Kent. ;)

kpac
5th November 2010, 03:27 PM
Did'nt read the first post did ya Kent. ;)

whoops - can see how that looks :(

I meant "if you've considering connecting to fox" ie don't currently have it.

Iain
5th November 2010, 04:02 PM
Just did this. Didn't even have to wait for a callback. Person on the phone offered it straight up.

Getting IQ2, with platinum iq package for $65 month with once off $50 install. That's only on offer for 4months, will have to renegotiate in Febuary.

TheTrueReview
5th November 2010, 11:14 PM
I have Optus but I'm thinking of changing over to Foxtel. Has anyone tried to crunch a deal with Foxtel sales people on the way in?

gazgolf1
6th November 2010, 08:58 AM
I have Optus but I'm thinking of changing over to Foxtel. Has anyone tried to crunch a deal with Foxtel sales people on the way in?

Yeah but they don't seem to have the power the retention team has, my deal from the retention team ended up at $77 per month, sales team could only manage $94 per month for the same deal.

kpac
6th November 2010, 09:21 AM
like i said, get the details of a deal that you'd want, and hit them up. They'll take it (they say they cant to start with, rest assured they some around!)

Webster
2nd June 2011, 05:30 PM
Anyone had Foxtel just put their monthly back to what it was without notice? I've been on a reduced deal for about 6 months but low and behold the bill has just gone back of without so much as a call. Turds. I'm gonna give Kumar from the call centre a sore ear in a few minutes.

Jarro
2nd June 2011, 05:50 PM
I know they've discontinued the two free movies per month from their Platinum package without telling customers :mad:

markTHEblake
2nd June 2011, 06:24 PM
Anyone had Foxtel just put their monthly back to what it was without notice? I've been on a reduced deal for about 6 months but low and behold the bill has just gone back of without so much as a call.
Standard Operating Procedure. They retain more clients on the higher package that way as most people are too lazy to ring Kumar whether that be to upgrade or downgrade after that period, though they should have told you about this when the deal was done.

This was how Austar rolled, but the market is the same so am sure Foxtel would be no different in there method.

rodders
2nd June 2011, 06:28 PM
Yep. My bill went from $77 to about $150. Rang and said the usual disconnect. Got the call a few days later and bloke said how about the old package until Feb 2012 and I'll reverse the old bill from $150 to $77. Took about 15 seconds.

Happy days.

Webster
2nd June 2011, 06:37 PM
Same for me rodders, one call and its back the way I had it. Jeez they are weak "negotiators" in there.

Hawkers2008
2nd June 2011, 06:50 PM
Last year they were running an extra standard box free with a standard package + IQ for new connections.

We already had that combo and were out of contract, I rang and said I wanted that deal or we would cancel.

They argued briefly but agreed to give us the deal for 12 months. In hindsight they agreed too easily I should have asked for more ...

Minor_Threat
2nd June 2011, 07:42 PM
Yep I have also called and done the "disconnect me please" spiel. Ended up keeping same price plus a movie package for next 12 months. Will do the same when this ends.

There is a thread at Whirlpool forums, where guys are getting crazy cheap deals. Whether it is true who knows.

kpac
3rd June 2011, 08:48 AM
Whether it is true who knows.

IT IS. I thought i was doing ok (and really i'm happy with what i've got so i'm not going to try whine about it) but i've got a mate in the office that is getting it super cheap! Got basic package plus the sport plus an IQ for __month. I didn't believe him, he showed me the bill.

Apparently the trick is the door to door salesmen, have the best deals. He said that they are their own franchise and negotiate there own deals with fox or something. Regardless, there's a big thing going around that the door to door guys are the way to go.

PeteyD
3rd June 2011, 08:51 AM
I am quite happy with my arrangement. I pay the vultures nothing.

Minor_Threat
3rd June 2011, 08:55 AM
I am quite happy with my arrangement. I pay the vultures nothing.Pretty good arrangement that one. Pay nothing, get nothing!

AndyP
3rd June 2011, 09:02 AM
I can't see Foxtel improving my life that much.

Hawkers2008
3rd June 2011, 10:31 AM
I know some people who have been running a scam to get discount Poxtel. I don't particpate and I don't recomend it but it works like this.

You need a small group of people. One of the group will be the principal, he really needs to have a big house with lots of rooms.

Everyone in the group gets hooked up with basic pack - wait for free install offer etc.

The principal gets extra rooms hooked up with extra boxes for each. At the same time the other group members cancel their services.

The extra boxes are shifted from the principals house to the other group members.

Everyone pays their share of the 'group package' to the principal. The principal pays Poxtel for all of 'his' boxes.

PeteyD
3rd June 2011, 10:57 AM
Yep. Don't see why I should pay for advertisements I get for free.

The scam above is because the extra boxes are cheaper? Might only work in satellite areas I think.

Hawkers2008
3rd June 2011, 11:20 AM
Yep. Don't see why I should pay for advertisements I get for free.

The scam above is because the extra boxes are cheaper? Might only work in satellite areas I think.

Thats just what Mrs Hawkers says.

Extra IQ boxes are $20 per month and non IQ ones are $15 per month.

Yes it only works in Satellite areas.

Daves
3rd June 2011, 11:26 AM
I would think it would also be considered fraud.

PeteyD
3rd June 2011, 11:29 AM
Thats just what Mrs Hawkers says.

Forgot I was married to you, get out there and mow that lawn.

Hawkers2008
3rd June 2011, 12:01 PM
I would think it would also be considered fraud.

I think the principal is looking at multiuple fraud and conspiracy charges and the rest of the group are probably looking at theft and conspiracy charges.

kpac
3rd June 2011, 12:12 PM
Think it'd be best for everyone if it wasn't mentioned on this site.

Hawkers2008
3rd June 2011, 12:23 PM
Whilst I am not willing to dop them in, I would love to see them get caught ...

MegaWatty
3rd June 2011, 12:25 PM
Whilst I am not willing to dop them in, I would love to see them get caught ...

What if they offered you a reward as a result of dobbing them in?

Hawkers2008
3rd June 2011, 12:28 PM
Its not about money, some of them are related to Mrs Hawkers

Hawkers2008
3rd June 2011, 12:29 PM
Oh and I might add if Poxtel removed their infrastructure when you cancel, then people wouldn't be able to do it.

goughy
3rd June 2011, 12:32 PM
That have to offer great deals because fta is getting better. Especially when it comes to kids stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

MegaWatty
3rd June 2011, 12:34 PM
Sport. Only thing I have Foxtel for.

Hawkers2008
3rd June 2011, 12:40 PM
I am with Poxtel for sport. With the new AFL rights deal, I can see AFL footy becoming a separate package that we pay more to get in the relatively near future

Minor_Threat
3rd June 2011, 12:48 PM
Sport. Only thing I have Foxtel for.Same..

timah!
3rd June 2011, 01:03 PM
If you could just get exactly what you wanted with foxtel I'd be interested.
Having to pay for all the other crap is a big negative for me.

I supergoaled Tapatalk.

PeteyD
3rd June 2011, 01:08 PM
I am with Poxtel for sport. With the new AFL rights deal, I can see AFL footy becoming a separate package that we pay more to get in the relatively near future

They tried this and failed before. Will be interesting to see how they go now.

Hawkers2008
3rd June 2011, 01:20 PM
They tried this and failed before. Will be interesting to see how they go now.

I hope they don't but I am sure they will try again. They have more of the rights now - own 5 out of 9 games from next year on.

markTHEblake
3rd June 2011, 01:20 PM
I know some people who have been running a scam to get discount Poxtel.
been happening for a very long time and is very affective. But it is against their terms and conditions, but pretty sure not illegal.

Lots of families do it, which probably works ok, but if it is done between friends it invariably goes sour. someone doesnt pay the bill then it all goes tits up.

Or very common is the missus who knows nothing about the dodgy scheme rings foxtel or austar to get the chicks channel on,, and then cat is out of the bag. All set top boxes on that account are locked or a message appears on screen advising to call.
They are then given abackdated invoice for a full service (a bluff anyway)
the other thing is the 'principle' is liable for each STB at about $600 each. So who is going to assume that responsibility for his dodgy mates. Not me!

I used to assist the fraud guy at Austar, by taking the dob in a paytv cheat calls,some of the stories were piss funny.

mike
3rd June 2011, 01:31 PM
Sport. Only thing I have Foxtel for.

Same..Sort of the same here.

We've got 6000 channels on Austar, we actually watch about 4 of them. Crazy.

Hawkers2008
3rd June 2011, 01:33 PM
Its definately illegal.

The group members are stealing plain and simple. They are also in a conspiracy with the principal.

The principal will also have a civil liability but that would be the least of his problems if the cops do a 'hamburger with the lot' on him.

markTHEblake
3rd June 2011, 01:54 PM
as if the cops would care. they have better things to do

sms316
3rd June 2011, 07:22 PM
Couldn't live without it. It pays for itself.

Minor_Threat
3rd June 2011, 08:04 PM
Couldn't live without it. It pays for itself.
We certainly get our monies worth. No complaints here!

jaybam
3rd June 2011, 08:09 PM
Missed ours for the first month or so but can honestly Say I don't miss it at all anymore. I do enjoy the extra $150 a month in my pocket though.

sms316
3rd June 2011, 08:11 PM
I do enjoy the extra $150 a month in my pocket though.

Sweet Jesus! I pay $80 or so each month for everything bar the movies. That's plenty of options.

jaybam
3rd June 2011, 08:12 PM
Two extra boxes on the platinum package with the iq was 150 a month.

gazgolf1
3rd June 2011, 08:17 PM
Sweet Jesus! I pay $80 or so each month for everything bar the movies. That's plenty of options.

I pay $77 for every bloody thing, love flickin the golf on Satdee mornings especially in HiDef..

sms316
3rd June 2011, 08:18 PM
Two extra boxes on the platinum package with the iq was 150 a month.
Ah. Don't pay any extra for MyStar (IQ) and every time the bride thinks about an extra set top it gets forgotten just as quickly.

sms316
3rd June 2011, 08:19 PM
I pay $77 for every bloody thing, love flickin the golf on Satdee mornings especially in HiDef..

Yep. There is not turning back from golf in HD. Probably of all sports the biggest difference between SD and HD.

MegaWatty
3rd June 2011, 08:20 PM
Yep. There is not turning back from golf in HD. Probably of all sports the biggest difference between SD and HD.

Will not disagree here. It looks superb.

WBennett
3rd June 2011, 08:21 PM
We are 100pm with no hd and one iq. Couldn't live without it

MegaWatty
3rd June 2011, 08:23 PM

How have you managed this price?

Minor_Threat
3rd June 2011, 08:25 PM
$80pm here Sports HD package with the 'Show' movie package added.

Golf in HD is awesome. IQ2 box is equally as good!

timah!
3rd June 2011, 08:27 PM
Every time I go away for work, and get Foxtel in the hotels, I come away wishing I had it at home..haha..

Jarro
3rd June 2011, 08:33 PM
We have the whole shebang with two STB's ... one HD ..... IQ the whole bit.

Wouldn't be without it 8)

rodders
3rd June 2011, 09:08 PM
How have you managed this price?

Ring em up. Exactly what I pay for everything with HD and another STB. Never heard of anyone not getting it when talking to retention team.

Minor_Threat
3rd June 2011, 09:13 PM
Ring em up. Exactly what I pay for everything with HD and another STB. Never heard of anyone not getting it when talking to retention team.
It is a great price, but eventually getting to the retention team and then negotiating with them, could be a bit too much for a lot of people.

I wasn't prepared to get disconnected so didn't go the retention path.

rodders
3rd June 2011, 09:19 PM
It is a great price, but eventually getting to the retention team and then negotiating with them, could be a bit too much for a lot of people.

I wasn't prepared to get disconnected so didn't go the retention path.

Honestly, no effort at all. Told foxtel too dear so disconnect. Say it will be picked up by such a day. Couple of days later retention ring you. Start off confirming pick up date, say why leaving and then say will put you on better plan. That was it. They dont care and are happy because kept a punter which is their job. Foxtel retain a customer that otherwise would cost them money to lose . Everyone happy.

Sydney Hacker
3rd June 2011, 10:27 PM
$67/mth here for everything bar the hd channels, including IQ.

I could easily live without it though, I think the kids get more out of it then me.

Flavzz
7th June 2011, 09:22 AM
Ive recently had big time interference in my connection especially in the HD channels and its taken three technicians and 3 weeks then guys from Telstra to fix a hum on the line. What do u think about ringing up to get some compensation? We are contracted till next year also so I dont think I can use the whole "im disconnecting theory"..

Minor_Threat
7th June 2011, 09:28 AM
You may be able to get compensation, cant hurt to try. From what I have heard though, Telstra do not come to the party on bargaining. You will need to get connected via Foxtel if you want to bargain on Pay TV.

markTHEblake
7th June 2011, 09:38 AM
Are Foxtel pumping HD via the cable now? a few years ago they were never going to do that and were going to eventually phase out the cable altogether, as after C1 went live there was massive bandwidth available in the sky.

Daves
7th June 2011, 09:50 AM
Are Foxtel pumping HD via the cable now? a few years ago they were never going to do that and were going to eventually phase out the cable altogether, as after C1 went live there was massive bandwidth available in the sky.

Yep.

Bruce
7th June 2011, 09:56 AM
And in fact cable is the preferred option for HD via Foxtel as they have the full suite of FTA HD channels like ONE that are not currently included in the satellite offering.

poidda
9th June 2011, 12:00 PM
Speaking of Foxtel, anyone got a remote relay working with the IQ2 box? I want to shove all my gear behind a capboard door so will need to relay the remote. From what I have read the IQ2 box is a bit sensitive and hard to get working.

Moe Norman
9th June 2011, 06:57 PM
I've been with Fox for about 5 years now and never done much bargaining, as I've been holding off due to moving house soon.

I've moving in 3 weeks, should I do my bargaining now and then spring it on them that I'm moving, or should I just cancel and then sign up as a new customer ?

Sydney Hacker
9th June 2011, 07:00 PM
Really depends on what sort of deal you can get. They normally throw around free installation and reduced packages for 6 months now anyway, but that might limit you chances of getting a better deal when the first 6 months expires (what ever the current deal is anyway).

I would almost think it would be better to deal now and then pay the relocating fee, as then you are not locked into 2 years or anything on the highest package, if that makes sense.

Moe Norman
9th June 2011, 07:31 PM
I only have basics + sport. My bargaining was going to push for extra boxes in other rooms.

The place we're moving to is new, so the relocation fee is genuinely a concern as there is no infrastructure in place

PeteyD
9th June 2011, 07:42 PM
I have moved to Bogpond with a T-Box. Foxhel is coming over T-Box soon.

just
9th June 2011, 07:46 PM
I have moved to Bogpond with a T-Box. Foxhel is coming over T-Box soon.
Pete, whats your thoughts on the T-box? I've been thinking about getting one.

PeteyD
9th June 2011, 07:47 PM
Just signed up on the new plans. Seems to be resonably popular on Whirlpool. I'll let you know when it comes in.

jaybam
9th June 2011, 08:19 PM
Moe they will try to charge you for relocating. They did this with me a while back so j told them to disconnect me and I will just rejoin with free install. There is something that says you can't reconnect under same name for six months. Ended up getting relocated for free.

gazgolf1
22nd October 2011, 11:49 AM
Pete any update on the Tbox?
My Foxtel contract has just expired and I've gone from paying $78 per month for Platinum HD to $131 :cry:. I rang to cancel the service on Friday night and they talked me into keeping the the IQ2 box for $10 per month so we can still record kids shows for my daughter etc. Not sure I've made the right move, I got out of bed this morning to watch the golf....ooops.
I'm hoping I'll get a call from the retention team like last time, I'll give them until the middle of next week and decide what I'll do after that.

Sydney Hacker
22nd October 2011, 07:37 PM
I went through the same process a couple of weeks ago, refused their offers when I rang to disconnect and then got a call within 3 days. Ended up with a cheaper offer again $57/mth for everything bar the hd channels, including a iq box.

Jarro
22nd October 2011, 07:40 PM
..... but the HD channels are the best part of the whole thing !!

Cosmopolite
22nd October 2011, 07:49 PM
Pete any update on the Tbox?
My Foxtel contract has just expired and I've gone from paying $78 per month for Plantinum HD to $131 :cry:. I rang to cancel the service on Friday night and they talked me into keeping the the IQ2 box for $10 per month so we can still record kids shows for my daughter etc. Not sure I've made the right move, I got out of bed this morning to watch the golf....ooops.
I'm hoping I'll get a call from the retention team like last time, I'll give them until the middle of next week and decide what I'll do after that.

I got s Tbox when they first came out and hAd all sorts of problems with it. They ended up sending me a new one which is ok but they only have a 160gig hard drive which fills up quickly. It does have a USB port but I haven't tried using it yet. I have heard that you can only play stuff transferred by USB via the Tbox and it Wont play on other media

Sydney Hacker
22nd October 2011, 07:49 PM
Meh, the channels are there already, wife & 2 kids, it's not like I get to watch a lot if tv.

TheTrueReview
22nd October 2011, 10:36 PM
I went through the same process a couple of weeks ago, refused their offers when I rang to disconnect and then got a call within 3 days. Ended up with a cheaper offer again $57/mth for everything bar the hd channels, including a iq box.

I'm tossing up getting my Optus cable disconnected. The price keeps going up & it's not far below Foxtel's listed pricing. Unfortunately, it doesn't have all of the Foxtel bells & whistles and never looks likely to. $57/mth is a great deal.

PeteyD
22nd October 2011, 11:47 PM
TBox goes allright. Don't use it so much at the moment, need to move it to the other room. Was good for watching nrl games once you could download them.

TheAwesom1
23rd October 2011, 01:56 AM
wished we could get foxtel uphere.

Flavzz
7th February 2012, 12:04 PM
Anyone had any luck with bargaining lately? Im ready to get a better deal and thinking of doing the whole cancelling and wait on a phone call strategy..

Grunt
7th February 2012, 12:27 PM
Does this only work through Foxtel direct, I have tried it on telstra and got nothing.

Moe Norman
7th February 2012, 12:34 PM
yep, only can do it through fox

Grunt
7th February 2012, 12:52 PM
I have even tried to get it back to direct through fox and that is almighty difficult to do.

Hawkers2008
8th February 2012, 07:00 PM
They offered us 74 a month against 107 when I said I wanted to cancel.

dave1
14th February 2012, 02:56 AM
Hmmmm

Need to make a call in the morning I think

Sydney Hacker
14th February 2012, 07:55 AM
The best deal I have got is when I actually go ahead and make a cancellation date. They have always called back a couple of days later to "confirm" the disconnection and make an offer to stay connected.

We currently pay $72.50 for all channels, IQ box in one room and a normal box in the family room.

Xray
14th February 2012, 08:07 AM
SH is that from Foxtel or Telstra?

Iain
14th February 2012, 08:39 AM
Foxtel most likely, I don't think Telstra will bargain.

Sydney Hacker
14th February 2012, 08:49 AM
Foxtel direct, I haven't heard of anyone having any luck doing a deal with Telstra ever!

jaybam
14th February 2012, 10:08 AM
No good with Telstra here either. ended up disconnecting from the Telstra and going foxtel direct also. Heaps more room for bargaining .

rodders
14th February 2012, 11:20 AM
Cancelled mine last week and due for collection Friday.

Was paying $82 for $150 package.

Wife will kill me if it gets taken. Waiting for the call but quietly confident.

WBennett
14th February 2012, 01:09 PM
RoddersThat is gutsy, very very gutsy.If ours was collected, I would be divorced.

Sydney Hacker
14th February 2012, 01:37 PM
Surely if you hear nothing by the day before you could call and cancel the cancellation? Of course you would basically be presenting yourself over a barrel and have to pay whatever they decided to charge you!

markTHEblake
14th February 2012, 01:38 PM
Wife will kill me if it gets taken. Waiting for the call but quietly confident.Customer retention is a major focus by both Austar and Foxtel. You will see churn figures reported every year in their reports and comments how to reduce it.They also know it much costs less to Keep a customer Than it does to sign up a new one. From memory a new customer is about $1000 to recover so a years subscription.You probably would have noticed that when you requested cancellation the CSR did not try to retain your business right? That is because a highly focused commission driven retention team is going to call you.There is no way they will let you go without a fight. Play dumb and Make the most of it.

gazgolf1
13th March 2012, 09:02 PM
Cancelled mine last week and due for collection Friday.

Was paying $82 for $150 package.

Wife will kill me if it gets taken. Waiting for the call but quietly confident.

Rodders how did you go with this?, from reading the thread on Whirlpool it appears that Foxtel are no longer playing the retention game and odds are if you cancel....well you cancel. My current term runs out next month and I don't think I'll be paying $78 for everything for too much longer, I will probably downgrade to save some bucks as we don't really watch the movies we get.

dave1
14th March 2012, 12:09 AM
I have iq2

Sports hd

But no movies - $102 per month.

Tried haggling - they gave me 6 months free movies (1 section - showcase)

Be weary going with telstra - customer service is poor.Foxtell answer the phone allot quicker!

Johnny Canuck
14th March 2012, 04:18 AM
I have iq2! we've noticed.

Jarro
14th March 2012, 04:51 AM
I have iq2Sports hdBut no movies - $102 per month.Tried haggling - they gave me 6 months free movies (1 section - showcase)Be weary going with telstra - customer service is poor.Foxtell answer the phone allot quicker!I found the complete opposite actually.Telstra are much better to feal with, AND gave us a better deal when we bundled.Foxtel were a joke ...

oncewasagolfer
14th March 2012, 09:19 AM
we've noticed.:lol:

Daves
23rd March 2012, 06:41 PM
Ok my turn with this.
Mine has now crept up to $130 with Austar and thats too much.
I don't get the lot for that either.

What should my strategy be ?

Are you out of contract?

gazgolf1
23rd March 2012, 06:47 PM
You are in deep shit, retention team does not care since everyone signed up for Fox Footy, you may as well put your Foxtel box outside the front door for the courier to pick up, in short you are ****ed.

sms316
23rd March 2012, 06:49 PM
Ok my turn with this.Mine has now crept up to $130 with Austar and thats too much.I don't get the lot for that either.What should my strategy be ?Sounds similar to my package. I rang them up and told them that dollars are tight and I was thinking of getting rid of it. They took off $15 a month.

rodders
23rd March 2012, 07:47 PM
Yep, tougher to deal with that's for sure. Now $97 and no movies. Fox footy has seen heaps sign and they dont care less atm. Not sure what average length of term fox footy people sign up for but thinking of giving it up in a few months and see if they will redo. I have no contract.

Xray
23rd March 2012, 08:21 PM
The Fox sports deals sign on is not contracted, get out anytime. I think there will be some great deals going after the finals when every one opts out.

Minor_Threat
23rd March 2012, 08:34 PM
Just re-negotiated my Foxtel. I was on Sports HD + Showtime + iQ2. I forgot about the end if my contract and they charged me $117, I was paying $91.

Called up and the sales guy wouldnt budge and would only reduce price if I downgraded my package. I wasnt happy with that and was willing to cancel, so I was transferred to disconnections.

The guy there was good and ended up doing Sports HD + iQ2 for $86 pm, this is cheaper than I was getting it 3 years ago.

gazgolf1
23rd March 2012, 09:44 PM
Just re-negotiated my Foxtel.

Code Nerd I presume?

Minor_Threat
23rd March 2012, 10:42 PM
Code Nerd I presume?;)

Jarro
23rd March 2012, 11:02 PM
I just pay whatever they want.

I can't do without it.

Sydney Hacker
9th May 2012, 09:51 AM
Just went through the quarterly bargaining process and was given a price of $56/mth for 3 months with everything (IQ included).

dave1
9th May 2012, 11:07 AM
Just re-negotiated my Foxtel. I was on Sports HD + Showtime + iQ2. I forgot about the end if my contract and they charged me $117, I was paying $91.Called up and the sales guy wouldnt budge and would only reduce price if I downgraded my package. I wasnt happy with that and was willing to cancel, so I was transferred to disconnections.The guy there was good and ended up doing Sports HD + iQ2 for $86 pm, this is cheaper than I was getting it 3 years ago.I costed the movie channel xtra 16 dollars....Hmmm. Its 5.95 for one movie on demand. .... We spent the 16 dollars extra and just wait to movies come onto the movie channels instead of ordering them on demand.

live4golf
20th May 2012, 08:40 PM
Just spent 3 minutes talking to the automated POS system, then 10 minutes on hole, then a very unhelpful girl who was unable to transfer me to anyone who was able to help, she could offer me the price on the website...we have been wit hthem for years and still have the SD box, no iQ, no nothing except sports. they are so frustrating to deal with...what tips can you guys give?

Iain
20th May 2012, 09:03 PM
Tell them you want to cancel.

Sydney Hacker
20th May 2012, 09:13 PM
As above and also maybe try calling in business hours, there might be more people there with some authority to do something for you.

Moe Norman
21st May 2012, 10:53 AM
in my experience, you actually have to book a cancellation to get the real goodies.

I wasn't brave enough to do so, and only good a reasonable deal - not a great one.

A friend of mine had a better poker face and booked the cancellation, and the retention team rang him about 4 days before the techy was booked to come and disconnect him and basically bent over and copped it sideways. Way better deal than I got.

I think he pays the same as me, but has HD IQ2 in one room and IQ in the other with all channels. I have IQ in one and just normal in the other and only have the sportspack. We both pay $65 a month

Eldrick
21st May 2012, 12:20 PM
i had mine cancelled last week.they were willing to cancel it on the spot but a went to end of my billing cycle to give it time to see if they would call.

i had Foxtel through Telstra FWIW,

TheAwesom1
21st May 2012, 07:41 PM
When does foxtel start doing Austar areas?

Yossarian
8th August 2012, 09:24 PM
Has anyone bundled Fox with telstra? Is it worth it? Can I just get the sport channels?

Iain
8th August 2012, 09:36 PM
I don't think Telstra bargain, only stand alone Foxtel.

Johnny Canuck
8th August 2012, 09:41 PM
Has anyone bundled Fox with telstra? Is it worth it? Can I just get the sport channels? You need them. The 1 brothers, Awesome&Dave clearly know more than you.

Shadesy
8th August 2012, 09:41 PM
Has anyone bundled Fox with telstra? Is it worth it? Can I just get the sport channels?

You can get TBox and get sports channels and some other channels.

Our Tbox is a piece of shit though.

rubin
8th August 2012, 09:42 PM
You can get TBox and get sports channels and some other channels.

Our Tbox is a piece of shit though.

Way to sell a product there shades

dave1
8th August 2012, 10:03 PM

we did ours today, it was costing us $102 per month for foxtel (plus our net and phone costs)

we haggled - we ended up getting same phone/net costs but with a T- box thrown in and foxtel costs down to $67 per month from $100 (same full HD package with all the sports channels)

The T-box is handy for recording free to air as we didn't have a DVD or hard driver recorder for our Free to air channels

now you can get foxtel through the T-box - but I'm not sure what deal you can get through that process

I say Haggle like hell - threaten to disconnect!!

despite what people think Foxtel is struggling in Australia to hold onto people when people have tight budgets, people in the burbs of Australia are genuinely struggling to make ends meat

ozdevil
8th August 2012, 10:42 PM
foxtel we have just had put it back on,

we did have foxtel on XBOX there for awhile but you have to have pretty good internet connection and chews up ya data but you can choose what you want from the full package to the 1 channel basicly

personelly i like having iq2 knowing that we can record 2 shows and still watch a show is great

when the time comes to renewing and if i am still happy with fox i'll be still happy to pay the same or i'll just get rid of it...

love fox sports specially being able to watch more golf

mrbluu
8th August 2012, 11:07 PM
I was in the same boat few years ago and threaten to cancel. Now I'm paying $76 a month for IQ2 for sports, music, lifestyle and children shows.

So cancel away my friends and save $$$$

markTHEblake
8th August 2012, 11:17 PM
I just cancelled my Austar after about 14 years straight. Didnt even get the standard retention phone call, just someone purporting to be from Foxtel reminding me to send the box back. I probably picked the worst time to cancel and hope for a retention deal given the massive changes happening there right now, but I doubt I would have taken anything anyway. I want to go buy a standard satellite receiver, hit my dish with a hammer three times, and pick up the all free stuff on Optus D1. (but you heathens wouldnt be interested in that)

That plus Free TV, Torrents and my Apple Tv>XBMC I dont need Pay Tv anymore. I even rigged XBMC to play the Footy off the bigpond site, quality is fine, juts have to wait 12 hours after the siren, which suits me as well.

Woody502
7th November 2012, 03:15 PM
Just got off the phone with Fox and got the get started package with sports for $38.50 for a further 6 months (should have been $61).

mrbluu
5th December 2012, 09:10 AM
I just cancelled my foxtel. I was on the IQ2 with HD, Sports, Lifestyle, music and kids channels and I was paying $78 a month. Previously when I would ring them to cancel they would give me a discounted rate for the next 4-6months, then I would have to ring them again.

This time when I rang them the guy was quite arrogant and was almost like he was trying to call my bluff regarding cancelling, saying that I'm always trying to ring to get a discount (I figure most ppl would do this). Anyway he gave me a bugger all discount so I went ahead with the cancellation.

Does anyone know if Foxtel are changing directions with the discounts they are giving - maybe they want to operate at hight margin? I would assume that with them signing quite large deals for both NRL and AFL they would want to keep as many subscribers as possible since they already have the infrastructure and hardware in place.

Time will tell whether they try to win back my business.

LeftyHoges
5th December 2012, 09:31 AM
I just cancelled my foxtel. I was on the IQ2 with HD, Sports, Lifestyle, music and kids channels and I was paying $78 a month. Previously when I would ring them to cancel they would give me a discounted rate for the next 4-6months, then I would have to ring them again.

This time when I rang them the guy was quite arrogant and was almost like he was trying to call my bluff regarding cancelling, saying that I'm always trying to ring to get a discount (I figure most ppl would do this). Anyway he gave me a bugger all discount so I went ahead with the cancellation.

Does anyone know if Foxtel are changing directions with the discounts they are giving - maybe they want to operate at hight margin? I would assume that with them signing quite large deals for both NRL and AFL they would want to keep as many subscribers as possible since they already have the infrastructure and hardware in place.

Time will tell whether they try to win back my business.

I think usually you would want to go through with the cancellation, then the retention team ring you back with the better discounts.

That's my understanding anyway...

May have to go through this process myself. Getting too damn expensive to have Foxtel these days, considering I could just download everything that's on there anyway.

Peter
5th December 2012, 09:44 AM
There's a giant thread on whirlpool about this - I don't look there regularly, but I thought that Foxtel had recently stopped the cancellation/discount process that so many people seem to go through.

mrbluu
5th December 2012, 09:51 AM
I think usually you would want to go through with the cancellation, then the retention team ring you back with the better discounts.

That's my understanding anyway...

May have to go through this process myself. Getting too damn expensive to have Foxtel these days, considering I could just download everything that's on there anyway.

That's what I've done for the last few years as well, but this time it was like you can have $5 off or you can cancel. I was not going to pay $105 a month for foxtel. I said to myself if it gets past $80 I will cancel. Anyway the down side is when the footy season I can't watch the games at home and record them any more. On the positive side, mean I might have to go to the Pub or Golf Club to what my team play!!!

There's a giant thread on whirlpool about this - I don't look there regularly, but I thought that Foxtel had recently stopped the cancellation/discount process that so many people seem to go through.

Thanks Peter, I don't go on there often at all so if you do check it out can you post the link on this thread or PM me.

Thanks.

Shadesy
5th December 2012, 10:31 AM
I just had the promo sports package for $50. This ended in September and they increased it to $67. I rang them up and spoke to the lady there, stating I just want my $50 package.

I ended up paying $61 a month with another package thrown in.

Was a good outcome for all.

mrbluu
5th December 2012, 10:34 AM
I just had the promo sports package for $50. This ended in September and they increased it to $67. I rang them up and spoke to the lady there, stating I just want my $50 package.

I ended up paying $61 a month with another package thrown in.

Was a good outcome for all.

I think the last time I spoke to them before this was back in July/August time. They were very accommodating.....now not so much.

jaybam
2nd January 2013, 11:05 PM
Spoke to them today after Telstra cold called me. They took $30 per month off without asking to disconnect or anything. Plus a $25 credit next month because of their rooting around with the movie channels. Seems they have had a lot of negative feedback since yesterday's change.

LeftyHoges
2nd January 2013, 11:19 PM
Spoke to them today after Telstra cold called me. They took $30 per month off without asking to disconnect or anything. Plus a $25 credit next month because of their rooting around with the movie channels. Seems they have had a lot of negative feedback since yesterday's change.

Forgive my ignorance but what does Telstra have to do with Foxtel?

Eldrick
2nd January 2013, 11:44 PM
They own 25% of it. Or they used to

LeftyHoges
2nd January 2013, 11:52 PM

So they can sell it to you???

Eldrick
3rd January 2013, 12:08 AM
Yep decent bundles with phone accessories etc.
But generally from what I can gather the better deals are from foxtel direct

Minor_Threat
3rd January 2013, 06:53 AM
Has anyone heard of the multiroom exploit? This is where you get a multiroom in one house and put the box into a 2nd house and split the bill. Only works with the same delivery method I believe i.e. Both Satellite or Cable.It sounds too easy, is anyone doing this?

Peter
3rd January 2013, 07:01 AM
Have a few mates doing it, works fine and obviously the cost is much lower.

Wouldn't do it myself.

Daves
3rd January 2013, 07:40 AM

50% actually.

Sydney Hacker
3rd January 2013, 07:43 AM
Has anyone heard of the multiroom exploit? This is where you get a multiroom in one house and put the box into a 2nd house and split the bill. Only works with the same delivery method I believe i.e. Both Satellite or Cable.It sounds too easy, is anyone doing this? I know someone doing it also, works fine for them. They are both on cable with all the wiring down previously, they simply plugged in the second box and it worked fine for them.

LeftyHoges
3rd January 2013, 07:48 AM
Has anyone heard of the multiroom exploit? This is where you get a multiroom in one house and put the box into a 2nd house and split the bill. Only works with the same delivery method I believe i.e. Both Satellite or Cable.It sounds too easy, is anyone doing this?

Know of a few. They do 4 boxes in 4 houses though.

markTHEblake
3rd January 2013, 07:56 AM
Lots of people do this and they often get found out too. Stupid things like mum in law is visiting, the stb goes on the blink so she rings up for help.

The disadvantages are that one of the mates has to get holes drilled in his house to benefit the other and then has to rely on trust that the mate pays his share. That mate has already proved that his integrity is doubtful because he is getting into this scam and not putting his hand up to have his name on the bill.

Lobsta
3rd January 2013, 08:26 AM
Mate of mine is doing this on satellite foxtel from the other side of brisbane using his parents connection.

Webster
3rd January 2013, 08:42 AM
It's theft and they ought to be ashamed (and punished severely)

sms316
3rd January 2013, 08:49 AM
It's theft and they ought to be ashamed (and punished severely) Theft or fraud?

markTHEblake
3rd January 2013, 01:42 PM
I can't recall how Austar policed it in that context but for a short time I worked with the fraud investigator who is an ex detective there on some little side issues and they will have no hesitation to send a bill for full value of the service if ever identified, which is then treated like any other unpaid bill including never connected at the premises again.

Peter
3rd January 2013, 01:59 PM
Relies entirely on stupidity to get caught. Doubt they catch many of the offenders.

markTHEblake
3rd January 2013, 02:33 PM
Peter. Here is a fact; they catch a lot.

Austar has(had) a full time team of two ex coppers who worked tirelessly catching the pirates. Now that has been 100% eliminated some 8 years ago they were not out of a job and still work there, at least up until the merger anyway.

So what so you reckon they had left to investigate? Only this and pubs using private subscriptions, that is about it.

Peter
3rd January 2013, 02:47 PM
What about payment fraud, etc? There's plenty of other things they could be investigating, and 2 people isn't much across the entire country.

Unless you call the company for assistance, or somebody dobs you in, they don't catch you. I doubt they get even 5% of the offenders.

Iain
3rd January 2013, 02:55 PM
Yep, they caught 100% of those they knew about.

markTHEblake
3rd January 2013, 11:20 PM
What about payment fraud, etc?
Credit dept handles debt collection and recoveries.

There's plenty of other things they could be investigating, and 2 people isn't much across the entire country.

Like what?

Unless you call the company for assistance, or somebody dobs you in, they don't catch you. I doubt they get even 5% of the offenders.

The dob in is the most common for sure. Two reasons, one is the tendency for the scammers to be incapable of keeping their gob shut, and secondly someone somewhere who is paying full price for their own service is gunna get pissed. There are other ways too but I'll not help the dishonest. That staff that work there at all levels are a lot more intuitive than you think.

Peter
3rd January 2013, 11:37 PM
Fraud is different to collections. There is also physical theft (by staff or others), IT security, other types of scams (pirating the signal, etc), and probably a bunch of other things I didn't think of in the 30s I spent on this.

I would be happy if they caught 100% (but I probably won't dob in the people I know doing it).

markTHEblake
4th January 2013, 12:18 AM
Fraud is different to collections.
You said payment fraud. There is none, all they have is unpaid bills.

There is also physical theft (by staff or others)IT security,
other staff looked after this

other types of scams (pirating the signal, etc)

pirating doesn't exist

and probably a bunch of other things I didn't think of in the 30s I spent on this.

You probably should have gone for another 30s :-)

I would be happy if they caught 100% (but I probably won't dob in the people I know doing it).

If someone pissed you off enough you might. that is usually people dob. Everyone has a breaking point.

p.s. I dont do it. I piss too many people off.

BGH
21st February 2013, 10:14 AM
I wonder what measures are in place to prevent people just using their mates login details for the Foxtel Go app

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sports/the-ground-breaking-foxtel-go-app-now-connects-punters-to-fox-sports-linear-channels/story-e6frf56c-1226582247547#.USVQfR3deaU

mrbluu
21st February 2013, 12:11 PM
I wonder what measures are in place to prevent people just using their mates login details for the Foxtel Go app

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sports/the-ground-breaking-foxtel-go-app-now-connects-punters-to-fox-sports-linear-channels/story-e6frf56c-1226582247547#.USVQfR3deaU

I think only one device can be logon at a time.

markTHEblake
21st February 2013, 09:36 PM
Half the measure in place is most people would not give away their login details to their bludging mate so they get for free what he pays for.

Minor_Threat
22nd February 2013, 08:32 AM
Half the measure in place is most people would not give away their login details to their bludging mate so they get for free what he pays for.
Not only that, they are the same login details as the website which allows you to change packages, order PPV etc. Someone could have a bit of fun with you knowing your login details.

AlexMc
23rd February 2013, 05:48 PM
You can register 2 devices only, and if you change it you can't change back for a month. So my wife and I each have it on our iPads, so if we change one to an iPhone you can't change back for a month.

Moe Norman
25th February 2013, 01:11 PM
We have it on 2 ipads at home, only just set it up the other day.

The in-laws don't own an ipad, but subscribe to every channel including movies etc.

thinking of putting theirs on our 3rd ipad so the mrs can watch crap movies, can't see any way of getting caught. and I'd probably use it when at their place so I don't get stuck watching horse racing or chick flicks

Captain Nemo
13th July 2013, 02:36 PM
Anyone who has Foxtel that doesn't have Movie Package getting all movies at the moment???

mrbluu
13th July 2013, 02:40 PM
Anyone who has Foxtel that doesn't have Movie Package getting all movies at the moment??? Yeah I think we got it on monday

Captain Nemo
13th July 2013, 02:41 PM
I remember now you saying something on Tuesday?
July promo, v ashes/state of origin???
Good on them!

3Puttpete
13th July 2013, 02:43 PM
Wow. For how long?

Captain Nemo
13th July 2013, 02:51 PM
Dunno, I'm enjoying mission impossible ghost protocol ATM..... ;)

timah!
13th July 2013, 02:51 PM
Two weeks. Happy days.

sms316
13th July 2013, 02:52 PM
Batchelor Party is on ch 407 ATM.

"Is that the footlong?"

"And then some..."

Captain Nemo
13th July 2013, 02:53 PM
Really, how'd u fid that out???

sms316
13th July 2013, 02:56 PM
Really, how'd u fid that out??? I only found out because the bride watched a movie this morning on a channel that I know that I don't pay for.

timah!
13th July 2013, 03:01 PM
You should have an email.

3Puttpete
13th July 2013, 03:07 PM
Diary of a nymphomaniac on world movies tonight

sms316
13th July 2013, 03:10 PM
Diary of a nymphomaniac on world movies tonight Is that the one starring dc68?

Captain Nemo
13th July 2013, 03:14 PM
Batchelor Party is on ch 407 ATM.

"Is that the footlong?"

"And then some..."

Classic!!!!!
:)

Captain Nemo
13th July 2013, 03:14 PM
Diary of a nymphomaniac on world movies tonight

Any good?

3Puttpete
13th July 2013, 07:55 PM
Any good?

Haven't seen it but it might be worth a look in between overs in the cricket.

a,n,s) (2008) Spain. Spanish. The diary of a promiscuous young woman who finds herself at a crossroads in life where the only way to quell her gnawing sex addiction is to enter the seedy world of prostitution.

Captain Nemo
13th July 2013, 08:19 PM
Locked in!

WBennett
13th July 2013, 08:19 PM
I got a text of Foxtel on Monday

Captain Nemo
13th July 2013, 08:23 PM
Text, you mates with them?

sms316
14th July 2013, 06:24 AM
Benno and Rupert are tight.

WBennett
14th July 2013, 06:34 AM
I occasionally get promo texts off them.

I was the one who told told Rup to dump wendy and hop into bed with that ranga Rebekkah Brookes

virge666
14th July 2013, 09:38 AM
Haven't seen it but it might be worth a look in between overs in the cricket.

a,n,s) (2008) Spain. Spanish. The diary of a promiscuous young woman who finds herself at a crossroads in life where the only way to quell her gnawing sex addiction is to enter the seedy world of prostitution.

Redtube will get you there quicker. ..

KristianJ
16th July 2013, 09:56 AM
I just noticed that with the latest Foxtel Go update it enables you to register 3 devices now...

mike
15th August 2013, 08:52 PM
I cancelled Foxtel. Sick of having 8 million channels and only watching 3 of them. Got a Telstra T box. $19.95 a month gets me the basic Foxtel package, plus an extra $25 gives me all the sport channels. End of the footy season and the sport channels are goorrrn. Better than the $80 we were spending. And yeah Foxtel offered me all sorts of stuff to stay but I said nah.

mike
15th August 2013, 08:53 PM
And I'm with Telstra anyway so no big deal.

WBennett
15th August 2013, 08:54 PM
I think once NBN is here, my Foxtel may also disappear...

markTHEblake
15th August 2013, 08:55 PM
Thats a bit selfish Mike, you might only watch 3 channels, but what about the missus, and the kids, and the dog?, not to mention the tight assed in laws that come over to watch stuff?

mike
15th August 2013, 09:07 PM
Kids have moved to Brisbane and England. Wife watches Lifestyle and I watch Foxsports1. Easy decision. Just took me too long to make the call.

mrbluu
16th August 2013, 08:01 AM
Hey Mike does Telstra t box have a record feature like IQ?

mike
16th August 2013, 08:12 AM
Yes it does but can't record Foxtel apparently. Haven't tried yet.

live4golf
16th August 2013, 08:19 AM
I cancelled Foxtel this week. just don't watch it.

mrbluu
16th August 2013, 10:16 AM
Yes it does but can't record Foxtel apparently. Haven't tried yet.

Thanks Mike

I cancelled Foxtel this week. just don't watch it.

That's cos you are overseas a thousand times a year!!!

PeteyD
16th August 2013, 05:28 PM
Foxtel are offering service over the net now, so it will use NBN.

goughy
16th August 2013, 07:25 PM
Foxtel are offering service over the net now, so it will use NBN.

Or maybe not?

BenM
17th August 2013, 02:18 AM
It would be great if they did, and they changed their business model so you don't have to pay for 30 channels of shite to get the 3 I want.

I would pay $30 a month or so just for the sports channels - surely that'd be pretty high margin for them. But no, 60 or 70 minimum - screw that. And I ain't changing to Telstra just for the T-Box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PeteyD
17th August 2013, 09:50 AM
Or maybe not?

No restriction on your internet connection that I can see ..

http://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/home/default.htm

goughy
17th August 2013, 10:43 AM
I thinking moreso of the quashed nbn once libs are in.

3Puttpete
27th August 2013, 04:53 PM
I just rang to cancel. They offered half price for 2 months. That'll get me through the footy season then I'll kill it.

3Puttpete
28th January 2014, 04:23 PM
Rather than kill it I was offered a further period of discounted foxtel. This is due to end next Monday so I rang today.

Free sport for 3 months. Woohoo!

timah!
28th January 2014, 05:02 PM
Rather than kill it I was offered a further period of discounted foxtel. This is due to end next Monday so I rang today.

Haha. Nice one.
We killed ours before Xmas. Apart from the golf, I don't miss it. The wife reckons she does. She'll get over it.

PerryGroves
28th January 2014, 08:46 PM

3putt, you are like Kramer in the episode where they drive the demo way into the gas red line, nobody thinks you can go any further, but can you somehow get another 3 months after this?

3Puttpete
28th January 2014, 08:59 PM
I'm definitely gonna give it a go

bdoug10
28th January 2014, 09:04 PM
3putt, you are like Kramer in the episode where they drive the demo way into the gas red line, nobody thinks you can go any further, but can you somehow get another 3 months after this? Would you believe I just watched that ep

mrbluu
28th January 2014, 11:44 PM
We have been getting signal issues with our foxtel so I email them complaining and they gave me $35 off my bill for the month. I've just sent them another email as the signal has dropped 2 more times in the last month for a few days at a time. This time I've asked for 2 months free.....lets see what that come back with.

oncewasagolfer
28th January 2014, 11:56 PM
Stick it to em:)

goughy
29th January 2014, 07:23 AM
We have been getting signal issues with our foxtel so I email them complaining and they gave me $35 off my bill for the month. I've just sent them another email as the signal has dropped 2 more times in the last month for a few days at a time. This time I've asked for 2 months free.....lets see what that come back with.

And I'd suggest you also keep the little tucker away from the plugs in the wall in the future! :)

WBennett
29th January 2014, 08:32 AM
My older Foxtel box has been playing up as well. Time to give them a call.

Waddzy
29th January 2014, 08:37 AM
Im now on my 12 month of half price foxtel, I rang just last week to let them know I want it disconnected starting from the end of my billing cycle. Last night we got the standard call ... I dropped movie channels but keeping everything else and back onto $40 a month for 6 months woohoo.. I hit them up for one of those new foxtel boxes that record and he said to bring that up first next time and I should be able to get onto it for $65 with the full package if I dont give in. Good bloke just said dont take no for an answer but dont be rude and they dont care how cheap it goes providing they hit their minimum to get commision.

mrbluu
29th January 2014, 08:45 AM
Stick it to em:)

I'll try, but previously it cost me more to not have foxtel when I had to go to the pub to watch the games of footy.

And I'd suggest you also keep the little tucker away from the plugs in the wall in the future! :)

Our foxtel box is inside a TV cabinet so that's safe from the boy....for now!!!

Im now on my 12 month of half price foxtel, I rang just last week to let them know I want it disconnected starting from the end of my billing cycle. Last night we got the standard call ... I dropped movie channels but keeping everything else and back onto $40 a month for 6 months woohoo.. I hit them up for one of those new foxtel boxes that record and he said to bring that up first next time and I should be able to get onto it for $65 with the full package if I dont give in. Good bloke just said dont take no for an answer but dont be rude and they dont care how cheap it goes providing they hit their minimum to get commision.

I'm paying $70 a month for IQ2, sports and entertainment, then the bastards put it up by $2 recently the sneak fsrks. So good luck with the $65 a month. Let me know how u go....

Moe Norman
29th January 2014, 02:36 PM
I'm off contract and just got my IQ box replaced because it died, which is annoying as I lost all my recordings.

I pay $80 a month for IQ in one room and standard in another. We have Base package + sport.

sounds like I'm ripe to threaten a cancellation to see what I get. I'd be happy just to get upgraded to HD IQ for the same price per month, don't really even want other channels.

what are my chances people?

3Puttpete
29th January 2014, 03:14 PM
Chances are very good. You just need to be prepared to go through with any threat you make.

Start with cancellation. Let them talk you down a bit. Tell them ok, just get rid of the second box for now, you'll see how that goes and if you don't miss it, get rid of the whole lot.

Most importantly, when they ask why, tell them it's too expensive.

3Puttpete
23rd April 2014, 11:19 AM
3putt, you are like Kramer in the episode where they drive the demo way into the gas red line, nobody thinks you can go any further, but can you somehow get another 3 months after this?

Extended to 3 July :)

PerryGroves
23rd April 2014, 09:29 PM
Extended to 3 July :)

Lovin it mate, 2015 here we come.

mrbluu
12th May 2014, 09:41 AM
I'll try, but previously it cost me more to not have foxtel when I had to go to the pub to watch the games of footy.

Our foxtel box is inside a TV cabinet so that's safe from the boy....for now!!!

I'm paying $70 a month for IQ2, sports and entertainment, then the bastards put it up by $2 recently the sneak fsrks. So good luck with the $65 a month. Let me know how u go....

Went to cancel my foxtel today and the price dropped to $59 for the same package for the next 3 months.

I was seriously considering cancelling and getting and subscription to nrl digital pass. Might visit in a couple of months time.

3Puttpete
12th May 2014, 09:43 AM
Well played grasshopper

mrbluu
12th May 2014, 10:35 AM
Well played grasshopper

Thank you kind sir....

3Puttpete
26th June 2014, 12:33 PM
6 more months free sport.

They said something about a deal for existing customers so it might be worth giving them a call.

gazgolf1
26th June 2014, 01:48 PM
6 more months free sport.

They said something about a deal for existing customers so it might be worth giving them a call.

Did you ring to cancel?

3Puttpete
26th June 2014, 02:45 PM
Did you ring to cancel?

Always. And I'm prepared to do it if they try to charge me more than $50

mrbluu
26th June 2014, 03:05 PM
Always. And I'm prepared to do it if they try to charge me more than $50

You're too gansta!!!

mrbluu
6th September 2014, 08:57 AM
Went to cancel my foxtel today and the price dropped to $59 for the same package for the next 3 months. I was seriously considering cancelling and getting and subscription to nrl digital pass. Might visit in a couple of months time. I rang up to cancel foxtel again and got it again for $59. Also with the changes to foxtel pricing its a good time to call them lads.

davepuppies
6th September 2014, 09:13 AM
I rang up to cancel foxtel again and got it again for $59. Also with the changes to foxtel pricing its a good time to call them lads.

What changes are coming?

We got a 4k TV yesterday, and I would like the HD channels. I am just out of contract.

I am paying $113 per month, I don't get the platinum, so I don't have movies. I have a second room box (extra $15 per month)

I see they are offering platinum for 97 per month now.

Thinking of calling to cancel to see if I can get a better deal.

Not sure if they will play ball as we have only been with them 2 years.

Dotty
6th September 2014, 09:34 AM
Tell them you have a bub on the way, and your wife won't let you keep Foxtel.

3Puttpete
6th September 2014, 10:06 AM

This. Because it costs too much. She's happy to spend some but nowhere near that much

mrbluu
6th September 2014, 10:23 AM
What changes are coming?

We got a 4k TV yesterday, and I would like the HD channels. I am just out of contract.

I am paying $113 per month, I don't get the platinum, so I don't have movies. I have a second room box (extra $15 per month)

I see they are offering platinum for 97 per month now.

Thinking of calling to cancel to see if I can get a better deal.

Not sure if they will play ball as we have only been with them 2 years.

This http://m.smh.com.au/business/foxtel-slashes-tv-subscription-fees-in-grab-for-customers-20140904-10cj9s.html

+1

This. Because it costs too much. She's happy to spend some but nowhere near that much

+1

LeftyHoges
6th September 2014, 12:25 PM
This http://m.smh.com.au/business/foxtel-slashes-tv-subscription-fees-in-grab-for-customers-20140904-10cj9s.html

"A company spokesperson said the new pricing would be available for existing customers, but they would need to request it and fees would not automatically be rolled over."

Cheeky bastards.

armitage
7th September 2014, 02:07 PM
they still offer 30K Virgin Velocity point when signing up?

davepuppies
8th September 2014, 12:41 PM
I rang today and enquired about cancelling.

I expressed my annoyance that they were offing platinum for 99.50, whilst I was paying about the same for a limited package. Also expressed my dissatisfaction of the quality of their signal through my 4k TV.

They have offered to give me all channels for the same as a new customer, $99.50, a free IQHD box and install, and I will pay the extra $10 for HD.

They asked me to commit to a new six month term, but I refused, as I know IQ3 is being released in November, and if I am not on a contract I will still have bargaining power to upgrade my box through committing to a new contract.

Overall pretty happy with outcome, I ended up with full platinum channel package, and all HD channels for $10 more than I currently pay.

mrbluu
8th September 2014, 12:46 PM
What is IQ3??