PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 16th May 2005

McMw
18th May 2005, 10:47 PM
hmmm.....wednesday.... :?

Flowergirl
19th May 2005, 09:25 AM
ok.......I stoopid enough not to know what the date is.......I've posted today on last weeks thread :shock:

Eag's
21st May 2005, 11:00 AM
Played Wantima Single Stab today
30 Points :oops:
Greens 4
Fairways 9
Putts 35 :evil:
U/D 0/14 bloody disgracefull #-o time to do some serious short game practise.

Trung
21st May 2005, 12:25 PM
Scr 73 for 41 points today.. :P

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< for the newspaper tomorrow :smt003

Eag's
21st May 2005, 12:30 PM
Great scoring Trung, you are on fire mate :smt023

Jarro
21st May 2005, 12:38 PM
28 points at Nudgee today :roll:

9 fairways 8)
2 G.I.R :oops:
33 putts :oops:

trying a few things out from my lesson the other day :roll: maybe a good idea would be to work on them at the range before stepping out onto the course :wink:

terryand
21st May 2005, 01:16 PM
35 points today at Windy with 4 balls in the river or lakes :oops:

10 GIR,It felt like more(like 14 or 15),but the lost ball count brought the number down.

34 putts(3,3putts and 1,2putt birdie)

hard to work out the fairways as hit it one green side trap and drove the 14th to about 15 ft.Not including these ones it was about,3 others :oops:

Things seem to be coming together nicely for the match next week,If i can do this around Windy,I'm feeling pretty good about playing away from "the home course advantage" :wink:

Terry.

McMw
21st May 2005, 03:38 PM
77 this morning, with 34 frigging putts...and 3 3putt GIRS... :evil: :evil: :evil:

gonna head out to the putting green later to either 1) practice somemore with the belly putter or 2) try a different putter, for tomorrow's comp....

this is getting sickening!!! :x :x :x

AndyP
21st May 2005, 04:12 PM
Things seem to be coming together nicely for the match next week,If i can do this around Windy,I'm feeling pretty good about playing away from "the home course advantage" :wink:
A little different to my preparation, Tez. I'm spending all weekend in the garden (maybe I'm trying to get used to being in the trees). And going to spend the rest of the week reading Dr. Bob. ;)

terryand
21st May 2005, 04:24 PM
Reading :roll: now that sould get ya eye in :wink:

Terry.

Trung
21st May 2005, 07:14 PM
Found out that I lost on C/B :oops:

:smt011  :smt013  :smt010  :smt019

Here is the good news..  CCR 74  :shock:

:P  :smt030  :smt038  :smt037  \:D/  =D>  :smt006  :smt006

Pinglauncher
21st May 2005, 09:10 PM
Way to go Trung :wink:

10.0 to 4.6 in 5 months, very inspirational :smt038 :smt038

Jarro
21st May 2005, 10:06 PM
well done Trungie 8)

do you do anthing other than play golf :?: :wink:

markTHEblake
21st May 2005, 11:01 PM
I now believe in miracles - I won the longest drive today.

Courty
22nd May 2005, 07:52 AM
First round of the Toshiba Open yesterday. I think I left my form in the car as I used all my shots in the first 4 holes :x . I played the 2nd nine to handicap, but it was too late... the damage was done. 85-78 :oops: :cry: :smt013 :smt019 :smt017 :smt022 :-k #-o ](*,) :-s :smt099 :smt102 :smt078

On the upside though, it was a nice day for golf. :roll:

Trung
22nd May 2005, 11:52 AM
do you do anthing other than play golf  :?:  :wink:

Matter of fact is "I DO" :wink: .

Had 33 points today :P

Davemason
22nd May 2005, 04:48 PM
Played a single stab event on Sat with 21 on the front 9 and 23 on the back total 40pts for the round. Played some great golf there was only one hole that I got into trouble but sunk a monster putt to get a point.
Starting to find some rare form the last few weeks

Courty
22nd May 2005, 05:01 PM
Played a single stab event on Sat with 21 on the front 9 and 23 on the back total 40pts for the round.

Did you pass maths? Last time I checked, 21 + 23 = 44 :shock: :wink:

terryand
22nd May 2005, 05:01 PM
Played a single stab event on Sat with 21 on the front 9 and 23 on the back total 40pts for the round.   Played some great golf there was only one hole that I got into trouble but sunk a monster putt to get a point.
Starting to find some rare form the last few weeks

21 + 23 = 40pts??????

You been drinking Dave after ya good round :wink:

Well played =D>

Terry.

Courty
22nd May 2005, 05:05 PM
2nd round of the Toshiba Open today. Chopped it up again. +9 for the front 9, then lost my tee shot on 10 and promptly DQ'ed myself.

Makes me wanna :cry:

Davemason
22nd May 2005, 05:10 PM
Played a single stab event on Sat with 21 on the front 9 and 23 on the back total 40pts for the round.

Did you pass maths? Last time I checked, 21 + 23 = 44 :shock:  :wink:

Yeah Yeah Had a slight brain explosion 21+23= 44
I had 44pts for the round
Don't rub it in or didn't you know that us electricians are bad at maths

jimandr
22nd May 2005, 07:33 PM
Quite an ordinary round on Saturday, but I finished well to prevent my 32 points from being a really bad score.

Achieved a minor ambition by not leaving a putt short all day, but they still wouldn't go in. Had five lip-outs, mainly through hitting short putts too firm. This made my up & down stat look worse than it should.

Fairways = 7 of 14
Greens = 8 of 18
Putts = 35, three 3putts, one birdie
Up & Down = 1 of 6
Sand Saves = 2 of 3

McMw
22nd May 2005, 11:58 PM
80 in the MM...
Kid beat me good with his 78...And he was one of only 3 to break 80 for the day...

didn't help that I DBed two of the par3s, and had a triped on a par4 when I missed a 1footer...

long game felt good actually...had 10 fws and 9girs...
10 pars and a bird (missed a lot of bird chances finishing the round)...

I'm trying to take the positive out of the last few games, and know that I'm just a couple of rounds away from really coming back into form....hopefully!!! :?

Virgal_Tracy
23rd May 2005, 10:35 AM
After last weeks effort at Macarthur Grange I decided on Friday to go back and see if more knowledge helped my game.

Tees were right back compared to the previous week. Started indifferently again with a great par saving putt on the first and then a 3 putt on the second. Played reasonably strong on the front 9 including par on index 1 hole and 35ft par saving putt from off the green.

Turned with 19 pts but game fell away on back 9 to finish with 31pts total. writing this to give Trung some confidence going into our matchplay since he is obviously playing so poorly of late what with another h'cap reduction.

Flowergirl
23rd May 2005, 11:41 AM
Congratulations Trung & Dave.great golf....way to go!!!!
Played 9 yesterday with John( husband) Par for the first three holes - then he decides to let the group behind us through - why????? I still don't know!!!! THey sprayed their tee shots all over the place and we had to wait - which really p$ssed me off.
So of course then I lost the plot and had a double bogey........all John's fault. Then the same bozos two holes later hit a few wild shots - one just missed hitting us - and no - not a fore to be heared - which just got me madder - and I blamed John for every bad shot that I had ever played in my life - by this time I was really rational :shock: and ended up having a crap day out all round.

At least the pies won!!!!! ( and John didn;t tip them and I went nah nah ne nah nah lots and lots - so there)

Mmmmmm I feel better now thank you ----------- :twisted:

burger
23rd May 2005, 12:15 PM
Had a game at RSO yesterday, first comp in a while!
The comp played was a Bisque Par which basically means you choose where to use your handicap shots in a Par comp.
you had to decide how many shots to use on a hole after putting out and before teeing off on next hole.

Played crappy front nine to be -3 and quite good back nine for +1 overall.

Wasn't it a great day to be out playing golf!

Was trying to be a bit smarter with my course management and more aggressive with pitches and chips which seemed to have good impact on my game.
Downfall was slow start and REALLY crappy putting. Could not BUY a short putt all day.

Would have put my name in for the 29th however have the folks coming over for the day.

stu.

Fishman Dan
23rd May 2005, 01:07 PM
Stu - good to hear you're still out there.

How is the course looking? Ready for our assault next weekend?

Are their normal comps on weekends at RSO?

Jarro
23rd May 2005, 01:14 PM

Would have put my name in for the 29th however have the folks coming over for the day.

did you even read his post Fishy :roll:

Fishman Dan
23rd May 2005, 01:25 PM
Let me rephrase that for those simple-at-heart ;)

"Is the course is magnificent condition, as we (8 of us excluding Burger) are going to be playing there in a matter of 6 days?"

:roll:

Flowergirl
23rd May 2005, 03:16 PM
Fisherman Dan..could you change your avatar.it's a bit yucky :?

Fishman Dan
23rd May 2005, 03:45 PM

Why should i change my avatar, when you can't even spell my name right? :?

[And it's sitting there right in front of you! :lol:]

Come on, i crossed the line with a nude bottom on a golf cart, but this is considered a delicacy throughout China! Pigs trotter!! MMmmmmmmm....

Eag's
23rd May 2005, 08:09 PM
Played Riverlakes yesterday for 83
Hit the ball ok today and putted much better, still chipped like a dog :evil:

8 Greens
6 Fairways
30 Putts :D
2/7 U/D :oops:
5 bloody penalties including one for hitting into the protected habitat of a damn cockroach (local rule) :smt102

macleod
24th May 2005, 08:43 AM

Why should i change my avatar, when you can't even spell my name right? :?

[And it's sitting there right in front of you! :lol:]

Come on, i crossed the line with a nude bottom on a golf cart, but this is considered a delicacy throughout China! Pigs trotter!! MMmmmmmmm....
not yucky at all, i drool everytime i see a post by dan...mmmmm trotter-licious...wish you had some snouts up as well....mmmmmm glazed snout...

markTHEblake
24th May 2005, 09:08 AM
There was a story in the paper today about a chinese bloke who dug up a corpse and ate bits of it.

reminded me immediately of Fish's horrible avatar, you sure they are pigs feet.

fair dinkum every time i walked through one of those markets in asia with the raw food eveywhere i start dry wrenching, especially the fish section.....

Fishman Dan
24th May 2005, 09:52 AM
There was a story in the paper today about a chinese bloke who dug up a corpse and ate bits of it.

reminded me immediately of Fish's horrible avatar, you sure they are pigs feet.

fair dinkum every time i walked through one of those markets in asia with the raw food eveywhere i start dry wrenching, especially the fish section.....

The place i took that photo (Zhou Zheng? - an hour out of Shangers) had literally 100's of stores like this. 6 trotters to a tray, 20-30 trays in a shop. As far as i could tell no one sold a single trotter.

Walking the streets of Shanghai though you could pick up the odd-waft of street-side cooking, and it wasn't too pleasant. Pretty much just steamed buns and meat (a Shanghai speciality apparently), but the smell of these kitchens just reminded you of how careful you should be when eating in a country that your tum-tum just isn't used to.

markTHEblake
24th May 2005, 10:52 AM
i dont mind eating the street food at all, in fact i cant get enough of it. The only thing i knocked back was the cockroaches that they eat in Thailand - on account of this real pungent odor they had.

As for the old stomach, well I always get a bout of stomach "upset", no matter how carefull i might be. Can pretty much pencil in Day 4 of the trip as a day at home and have ensure a large paper supply is handy.

I got "Bali Belly" once, on about my 10th trip over there. ironically it hit me 24 hours after returning. Worst I have felt in my life, was like 10 hangovers in one day - I didnt eat for a week and was asleep by 7pm every night. Now that its happened once I am extra carefull, no more tap water to brush the teeth like i used to and keep my gob shut in the shower. Those little mongrel bacterias can get in so easy, and it only takes one.

burger
24th May 2005, 11:48 AM
Stu - good to hear you're still out there.
Are their normal comps on weekends at RSO?
Hi Dan, yup still lurkin about. It has been a bastard that the last few Ozgolf days have conflicted with family events :cry:

I have seen the course look better, but I think its in pretty good nick. You should have a great time. Greens felt reasonably quick on the weekend, about standard for RSO

Hmmm normal comps, do you mean comps for normal folks ? :wink:
Generally they have individual stableford (34points or more gets a ball) or combine individual with 2BBB.

Tho they seem to be putting on more par events when I look at the winter schedule.
stu